The Black Sheep | George Weas...

By Sydney3027

Lyra Malfoy has always felt like a stranger in her family, she felt misplaced. As she feels torn between hers... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight (Explicit)
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three: Wedding
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Epilogue

Seven

23.3K 665 368
By Sydney3027

The first task was coming up. There was buzz everywhere. Lyra was still feeling stressed. She decided to take one day a week off from studying and homework and spend the day relaxing, even if that means sleeping all day or going to hogsmeade with her friends.

She started writing letters to both of her parents, of course the one was more formal, but she insisted that she be allowed to have a date to the ball as Draco was allowed to and had been boosting for days over it.

The letter to her mother was on her mental health and how she is trying her best and would prefer if her mother didn't stress her out more than she already is.

Her mother sent her calming potions in a parcel. Lyra didn't want to know how her mother got her hands on them. She was just happy she did.

From the letters, it seemed, Draco haven't said anything to their parents. Which made Lyra feel better.

"The ball is in three months!" Alicia squealed as they walked across the courtyard.

"I know, it's it exciting?" Katie replied. "Angelina is convinced Fred is going to ask her."

"Of course, they've made eyes at each other all last year. It's only fitting." Alicia stated. "Do you think Cedric will ask me?" She started laughing. "Only kidding, though I'd like that handsome bloke to ask me, him and Cho seem... Close."

"Really?" Lyra asked. "I haven't seen it reciprocated on his end."

"Oh, I have." Alicia said. "Loads of times."

"What about George?" Lyra asked. The two girls looked at her. "W-well I'm only curious."

"I don't know. Why? Do you have a crush?"

"Shove off!" Lyra scoffed, causing the girls to laugh. "I'm only asking. I'm curious, that's all."

"That's all?" Katie spotted the gingers talking to Lee Jordan. "Hey! George!" 

"Katie!" Lyra hissed. She grabbed her arm, trying to pull her out of the direction from the twins. "This isn't funny."

"Kate, come on." Alicia sighed. "This isn't funny!"

"What is it ladies?" George asked as the other two follow closely behind.

Katie gave Lyra a smirk as she looked petrified.

"Er-er..." Lyra staggered, having him look at her made her feel sick to her stomach.

"I have a question." Katie said, taking the reigns, making both girls relax. Lyra looked at her leather mary-janes. "Have you asked anyone to the ball yet? Do you have anyone in mind? Perhaps a black haired girl?" Lyra nudged her friend as hard as she could but her athletic friend acted like nothing happened.

George smirked at Lyra who avoided eye contact. "No, I haven't gotten a date. I am keeping my options open."

"It's three months until the ball, we've got time to ask people, don't we?" Lee asked, beginning to panic.

"Well that's fine, my father isn't allowing me a date." Lyra replied before feeling her stomach twist. "Not that you'd ask me. That's ridiculous I'm from a prominent family and a Malfoy. Not that that matters- not that you don't- I just... I... I..." She cleared her throat. "It came out wrong."

"Perhaps I want him to take me." Katie pipes up trying to cover for her friend but realized she made it worse. "Or Lee or Fred... Or Snape."

"Well, we have to go." Alicia stirred the girls away. "That was embarrassing for both of you."

"Why did you do that Katie?" Lyra hissed.

"Why did you speak?"

"I panicked."

It was a few days later when the girls were in the Gryffindor common room, they always let Lyra in, it was warmer than the Slytherin dungeons. They were sitting around a fire while doing homework.

"Do you think George will take Fleur Delacour?" Lyra asked haughtily.

"No, I don't think so. She's out of his league." Katie replied. "Lyra if you have a crush, you can tell us."

"I-I don't have a crush." Lyra replied roughly. Though she didn't know if she did. She didn't think she did.

She did have a crush on Blaise Zabini one year, but who wouldn't? He was handsome and dreamy and smooth. But George Weasley? How is that possible? George is below her... Right? What are the symptoms of a crush? Lyra wasn't sure.

"You've been reading the same paragraph for ten minutes." Alicia pointed out.

"Shut it. I'm memorizing it." There was a long stretch of silence. "I don't like George Weasley."

"Okay..." They replied.

"I don't, he's ridiculous. I hate him... Well I don't hate him... But you know..."

"Lyra, it's okay to like him." Alicia pointed out softly.

"You know it isn't." She frowned.

"Your parents can't control everything."

"They already do." She replied more to herself.

"You shouldn't make them happy when you're miserable."

"I-I am not miserable... Not entirely."

"Our friendship is a secret from them because when they found out you spent time with Gryffindors you were barred from receiving a letter. Last year you were forced to spend time with Zoe Nott when she made your life a living hell. We became your secret friends. Lyra, you let your parents control your life down to your friends- to your thoughts. You aren't that mean second year anymore. You've changed."

"But they can't know that. You have no idea what's it's like in that manor. It's torture. I hug my mum once a year. My father has never been openly friendly toward me or Draco. We are hit with these expectations. We have to be better than everyone, we are better than everyone. We must be proper, we must be fully obedient. I'm controlled down to the very thing I wear. My father tells me if I can have a date or not and he will find out if I defied him. Draco is given so much freedom so obviously he's comfortable with being the perfect pureblood. But I feel so suffocated all the time. I even monitor my thoughts!" She sighed. "I-I'm sorry."

"We aren't them. We aren't going to judge you. You can confide in us."

"What's a crush." Lyra blurted out. "What does it feel like?" They started snorting. "I'm serious!"

"Okay, okay. Let's see..." Alicia said as she got her giggling under control. "Do you smile or get happy when you think of them?"

"Get butterflies when they're near?" Katie questioned.

"Do you sweat and get nervous?"

"Do you act funny around them?"

"You can't help but smile at them?"

"Urges to kiss them?"

"Urges to do other things to them?" The girls started giggling.

"Do you get jealous when you see him around other girls?"

"Do you think about them often?"

"I don't know if I have a crush... Some of them I feel that way." Lyra replied.

"I'd let Cedric do whatever he wanted to me." Alicia admitted.

"Most girls would." Katie stated.

The twins came in laughing about something. Lyra looked up, trying to feel something. She felt a jolt in her chest and really liked resting her eyes on George. He was actually quite handsome. Why didn't she notice?

"Lyra?" Alicia snapped her out of it. "You're drooling."

Lyra wiped her chin. No she wasn't. The girls started laughing. She looked back at George, he was looking at her, she quickly looked away, her cheeks turned bright red. What an odd feeling in her chest. "I-I should go. I want to see if father sent a letter regarding the ball."

"Alright. See you tomorrow."

"Bye," Lyra quickly packed her things.

"The Slytherin is finally leaving everyone. Now we can have fun." Fred teased.

Lyra rolled her eyes as she left the common room. She rushed to the owlery before curfew. She past a few other students as she rushed. The room was a large circular room with hay and bird droppings. It was very breezing and have small books for each owl. Lyra scanned for hers. Ellie swooped down and happily gave her a letter that was attached to her ankle.

"Good girl. I'll come visit with treats. You sweet girl." Lyra gave her some pets and a kiss at the top of her head before leaving the owlery.

She held the letter happily, it was in her father's handwriting. She opened it as she walked back to the Slytherin dungeons.

Dear Lyra,

I hope your school year is well and I hope you are focusing on your schoolwork more than foolish nonesense like the Triwizard tournament. Draco told me Potter found his way to be the center of attention once again. I imagine you aren't surprised as he is. Nonetheless, regarding you going to the ball with a date. I think it would be unwise. Your mother told me you hoped some Bulgarian scum would take you and that's unexceptionable. You may attend instead of coming home for Christmas, but you will be going alone and if you try to defy my decision, you won't be attending any event any time soon. Do behave and don't cause trouble.

Father

Lyra let out an angry screech, causing other students to jump. She was furious, beyond furious. She tore up his letter. "I hate you!" She screamed at the paper. "I hate you!"

Why must he ruin her life?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 477 59
To the outside world Isabelle Luvair had it all.. but to her, something was always missing. She hoped to fill the ever looming void, when her overpro...
60.9K 1.9K 43
Lyra Malfoy is what everyone expects her to be. Rich, stuck-up, and a traditionalist pure-blood by heart. But she is also beautiful, intelligent, and...
171K 4.5K 37
Draco Malfoy has been cursed to die in a year. The only way to break the bloody curse is for his school enemy (and long time crush) Harry Potter, to...
217K 10.3K 29
"It's one of the commandments after all Harry, love thy enemy." "I'm pretty sure that's not one of the commandments Ginny." "Oh whatever, he knows w...