The Black Sheep | George Weas...

By Sydney3027

Lyra Malfoy has always felt like a stranger in her family, she felt misplaced. As she feels torn between hers... More

One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight (Explicit)
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three: Wedding
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Epilogue

Three

34.2K 848 279
By Sydney3027

The dark mark news was all Lyra heard about when the next day rolled around. She cringed to think the dark lord would be back. What would happen to her? To everyone?

But she wasn't told anything, not by her parents, her mother told her not to be concerned, that everything would be alright. So she believed them.

She was soon to start her fifth year at Hogwarts, the thought made her stomach twist with excitement and nerves. Draco boosted about the game and bragged about being seated by the Minister of magic. Lyra rolled her eyes at her obnoxious little brother. A pest was all he was.

Her father started praising her for becoming a prefect, a rare thing. She politely thanked him. When it was time to go back to school, Lucius went to the ministry, possibly to clear the family name.

When the Malfoy children reached the platform with their mother, they were given the nicest goodbye their mother could do.

Lyra glanced around the platform as their mother was saying goodbye to Draco. She noticed Mrs. Weasley with the long string of children, including Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. Lyra admired her studious nature, but that made their parents pressure them to be better than a muggle-born. Even Lyra was reprimanded by her father, not just Draco. It wasn't fair.

Lyra locked eyes eyes with George Weasley, the tallest out of the twins, and the kinder- at least to her. She could tell them apart because Fred had a childhood scar above his eyebrow. George had slantier eyes and a longer nose. He also had a mole on the side of his neck.

The year prior, the twins tried to turn another Slytherin's nose into a pig nose. But they struck her instead, causing her to cry. All the Gryffindors laughed, some still call her pigface. She was always insecure of her perky nose and they didn't help any. They got detention for what they did but George found her in the library and personally apologized for Fred hitting her with the charm. She forgave him and his twin as it was her nature to forgive when many readily forgave her behavior.

To try and make her feel better, George told her she was his favorite Malfoy. That made her giggle, which seemed to make him relax. They weren't friends, far from it. But they were... Friendly as they had mutual friends. Lyra gave him a weak smile, he didn't really return it but quickly looked at his brother Ron to tease him along with Fred who was the first to instigate.

Lyra felt her cheeks turn bright red and she faced her mother. Narcissa was standing tall. "Be good, Lyra. Focus on your OWLs." Her mother ordered.

"Yes, Mother. Of course." Lyra replied softly.

Narcissa gave her a weak smile before pulling her into a hug and kissing the side of her head. "No boys, Lyra."

"No, Boys." She giggled.

"Get going, you both don't want to be late. I'll send you sweets and updates from us at home." Narcissa rambled as her children got ready to board the train.

Draco seemed more embarrassed than Lyra by their mother's behavior, but everything was said in an authoritarian voice, it was a soft tone to the two Malfoy children.

"Potter," Draco growled at Harry Potter as they boarded the train, Lyra rolled her eyes at her brother. He just couldn't help himself.

Lyra went to the front of the train to the Prefect train compartment. She didn't really know the others prefect.

Lyra wasn't keen on talking to the other prefects. She started revisioning charms and herbology. It was an awkward train ride.

When they arrived to Hogwarts she happily got ready to execute her responsibilities. She wore her pin proudly on her robes. She looked among the crowd as she found her things.

She heard Katie squeal. She looked to spot her friend sprinting towards her. She screeched and ran into her arms. The two girls caused quite a scene, and got judged by Draco and his gang.

"You cut your hair!" Katie Bell announced.

"I did! Do you like it?" She beamed.

"Absolutely! You look gorgeous! Wait til Alicia sees you! She'll be shocked. She didn't think you'd actually do it!"

"I was punished for it. Father refused to let me go to the World Cup." She sighed.

"Your dad is a wanker." Katie scoffed as they started walking towards the carriages. "I've heard rumors that the school is putting on the Triwizard tournament."

"It's true. My mother is having a dress made for me." Lyra beamed.

"Of course, you'll be the best dressed."

"The best dressed without a date. Mother has to ask my father if I can have a date."

"Lyra! Katie!" Alicia shouted behind the girls. They turned to see the tall, dark Gryffindor running at the girls at full speed. She was extremely fit from being a huge athlete, along with Katie. "Oh my! Bloody hell! She did it!"

"I know!" Katie screeched.

"I told you I'd do it!"

"Got punished for it to!" Katie stated.

"Of course, Mr. Malfoy is a wanker!"

The three made their way to a carriage. They hopped up to sit across Lee Jordan, and the Weasley twins.

"Ladies," Lee greeted the girls.

"Lee," Alicia replied before rolling her eyes.

"Have you heard there's no Quidditch? Sorry." Lyra told her two friends.

"No Quidditch!" Katie screeched.

"How do you know, Malfoy?" Fred Weasley asked.

"My parents, we're putting on the Triwizard tournament, which means no Quidditch, we have enough going on. But we have the OWLs this year. I'd be more stressed over that." Lyra explained.

"This is outrageous!" Lee pouted.

"Hey, Malfoy! Want a sweet?" Fred asked as he pulled out a toffee from his pocket.

"Don't take it!" Katie spoke up hastily.

"Shut it, Kate!" He growled.

"It's one of their inventions." Katie told her.

"Oh yeah, tell the narc." Fred scoffed. "Nice going."

Lyra shook her head. "You shouldn't be giving those out. It isn't nice."

"Oh, you're right. Malfoy. We didn't think about that. Did we George?" Fred sighed.

"No, Fred, we haven't."

Lyra rolled her eyes. "You two are gits. Absolute gits."

"No need to flirt, Malfoy." George winked. "Hey, how about we get out of here, what do you say?"

"Out of this carriage? With you? I'd rather be eaten by a giant spider than go anywhere with you."

"Ouch, Georgie. She clearly wants to snog the attractive twin." Fred replied, adjusting his uniform collar.

"Stop flirting with Lyra. She'd rather eat vomit than mess about with you lot." Alicia taunted.

"That really hurts, Alicia." George said, feigning a shot to the chest.

The three girls got absorbed into their own conversation, talking about their summer and his Alice went camping in Scotland with her family. Katie said she went to the World Cup with her older brother.

When they arrived to the Hogwarts doors, Lyra went to her house and sat at their table. Of course there was a long speech. She sat beside Draco who was making fun of Dumbledore. Lyra didn't really like him solely because it seemed he never background checked the professors, and led to some pretty terrible ones. And not to mention how obvious it is he favored the boy who lived, only this one time could Lyra find that annoying. She typically had no opinion on the boy. That feud was solely between Draco and Harry.

Professor Dumbledore mentioned the Triwizard tournament and the other schools. Of course the mention of quidditch caused an uproar. But what could she really say. The other schools wouldn't be attending until the end of October. She was eager like the other students to see new faces, they seemed so exotic.

It wasn't until during the meal when the new Professor arrived. He had a wondering eye and kept drinking from a flask. Lyra was convinced he had a drinking problem. She didn't have a good vibe concerning this professor.

When the welcome feast was over, she happily led the new first years to their dorms. Her partner, was not very nice. She tried to make it up to the children by being extra nice. Though most of the children seemed quite tall compared to Lyra, she was barely taller than them.

When she arrived to her new dormitory, her things were set up and her bed was warmed thanks to the sweet house-elves. She noticed her old friends giggling and gasping. Lyra got used to being excluded by her classmates. She learned to deal with it. She just got under the covers and pulled the covers to her chin. She wasn't looking forward to the stressful school year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 965 52
The world left behind after the war and Voldemort's demise looks perfect at first glance. Look deeper, and you will know different. Everyone is eithe...
145K 4.7K 38
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮 Since she was young, Kiara always thought she was a normal, teenage witch; even if she was the daughter of a Death Eater and twin-sister...
106K 3.1K 22
After the death of her father Anna has changed. She starts to learn about the power Voldemort has told her about. Her powers grow stronger if possibl...
16.9K 500 59
To the outside world Isabelle Luvair had it all.. but to her, something was always missing. She hoped to fill the ever looming void, when her overpro...