To Heal a Broken Heart (Seque...

By MintSpice_

Hana Uzumaki's life has taken a big turn in her years as a teenager. After all of the tragic events that happ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Note
Final Story Out

Chapter 14

805 46 2
By MintSpice_

Another week had passed.

Kakashi and Naruto were supposed to come back today so I didn't have to be stuck here feeling awkward anymore.

After the incident with Daichi happened, he apologized to Ayame and attempted to win her back, but it didn't work. She told him off and Teuchi even got his two cents in. Teuchi was pleased to know that I literally knocked the sense into that jerk.

Then, Lord Hokage sent me a letter saying he wants me to be one of the proctors for the upcoming chunin exams. I didn't know who else he chose, but I hoped to god that it wasn't any of my past friends. 

The letter also said the meeting was later today in the evening.

I was in the middle of cooking myself breakfast and Mizuki jumped on the counter trying to eat what was in the pan.

I shooed her off and she ran to my room as soon as someone knocked on the door.

I turned the heat down on the stove and went to go answer.

It was Kakashi and he was reading the Makeout series while he was standing in my doorway.

"How did the mission go?" I ask.

"It went well. Turns out, I seriously need that luck because Naruto acted exactly like you, and he has that temper of yours,"

I laughed.

"What did he do?"

"His temper isn't as bad as yours or Kushina's, but he punched a child and talked some sense into him," Kakashi replied.

I chuckled. "At this point, the Uzumaki tempter is inherited. I think he especially inheritied it from Aunt Kushina,"

Kakashi shook his head. "If anything, his temper reminds me of yours from back then. If he was like Kushina..."

He trailed off, with slight horror on his face imagining Naruto with Kushina's temper. 

I was about to invite him inside, but then Guy suddenly came out of nowhere.

"Are we having a party?!" He exclaimed, dragging Kakashi inside my house with him.

Guy looked around. "I thought there was a a party,"

I sighed. "You should know me better by now. I don't have the time, energy, or motivation to attend or throw a party,"

I walked to the kitchen, motioning for them to sit down.

"Since you're both here, you might as well have breakfast,"

They sat down and Kakashi went back to reading his book. I could hear Guy trying to challenge Kakashi and trying to give him shit for reading the Makeout series. Of course, Kakashi pretended not to hear him and caused Guy to fall over dramatically.

I shook my head and laughed quietly hearing the commotion.

If only Obito was here to join them...

Okay no, we are not going to do that today.

I shook myself out of it and finished cooking breakfast. I made eggs, potatoes, and chorizo in one pan. I made our plates and brought them to the table.

"Now we get to see Kakashi without his mask!" Guy grinned widely. 

Kakashi rolled his eyes in response and continued reading his book. I remembered seeing him without a mask back when we ate barbecue after the chunin exams. I smiled a little remembering how bad Rin and Obito were trying to see him without a mask.

I started eating my food and Guy was already wolfing his down.

"This is good food!" Guy exclaimed, while he had food in his mouth.

I decided to ignore my pet peeve.

Kakashi quickly pulled his mask down to eat while Guy wasn't looking and I caught him again without a mask.

Damn, he's aged like fine wine. 

I quickly looked away to continue eating and Kakashi finished his food.

"So Hana," Kakashi said. "Is it true you're going to be one of the proctors for the chunin exams?"

I nodded. "Yes, I'm not sure what exactly I'll be doing yet though,"

"Speaking of that, I sent in my recommendation for Lee and the others to participate. I know they'll all make it with no problems because they got the power of youth from me!" Guy said.

"Did you send one in for your team?" I asked Kakashi.

He nodded. "Yup, I'm just worried about their teamwork though,"

"What do you mean?" Guy asked.

"Well for starters, Naruto and Hana are almost exactly alike," Kakashi started. "Sakura is too focused on boys rather than her training, and Sasuke acts on his own,"

"Okay first off, rude," I smirked at Kakashi. "And second, I think they'll be fine. I mean, we all passed the exams with no problems,"

"Well, one of us had to retake it, but we still did okay and pulled through," I added, remembering how Obito had to retake the exams. 

I had to push the sad thoughts away once again.

Guy looked at the clock and stood up. "Well, I've gotta get going. I have to go meet with my team for a mission, so I'll see you guys around,"

"Be safe," I said. 

Guy smiled at us and left my house.

"Don't you have to go meet with Team Seven?" I turned back to face Kakashi.

"Not for another hour,"

"More like an hour ago," I smirked.

"Well this time, it's actually in an hour," Kakashi replied nonchalantly.

"Sure, whatever you say," I teased and stood up to gather the dishes.

Kakashi actually stood up and put his book away. "Here, I'll wash them for you. After all, you did go through the trouble of making extras for Guy and I,"

"It's fine, Kakashi. I can-"

Kakashi already took all the plates and went to my kitchen before I could finish my sentence. Well, that was nice of him. 

I went to the kitchen to get a glass of lemonade and saw Mizuki on the counter once again, trying to bother Kakashi. I shooed her off and she ran to her food dish, acting as if I never feed her.

I shook my head at her and filled her dish up again.

"Thank you for doing the dishes," I said.

Kakashi finished up and dried his hands off. He immediately started reading his book again.

"No problem,"

He glanced over at the clock on the oven.

"Oh, I was supposed to go meet them an hour ago. Oops,"

"I knew it," I snickered.

He left to go meet with them and I stared at the letter on my fridge. It was the letter Lord Hokage sent to me about being a protcor. 

I remembered the meeting, so now I couldn't help but be nervous about who's going to be there. I didn't want to run into Anko or Kurenai right now.

I sighed and went to my bathroom to start getting ready for the meeting. The chunin exams were supposed to happen next week. 

After getting ready and dressed, I looked at the time and saw I still had a few more hours to go. I decided to pass time by catching up on the Makeout series. I was actually behind on that since I've been caught up with other things lately.

I finally finished the book and looked at the time, seeing now I had to go. 

I got up and left my house to get to the meeting on time.

The meeting was at the academy this time, instead of the Hokage's Tower. Luckily the academy wasn't that far of a walk from my house.

I got there and saw Genma so far. A bunch of children were already staring at us with amazement since we're jounin. 

I walked inside the empty classroom and looked around to see who else is going to be a proctor. I saw Ibiki, Hayate, and Anko...

Shit.

I avoided eye contact with Anko and awkwardly sat down at the desk furthest away from her. 

Genma finally got here too with Lord Hokage.

"Glad you're all here," He started. "The chunin exams will be starting next week and we need to start prepping for everything,"

I sighed, realizing this was going to be a boring meeting.

"Usually, we only have four proctors, but I was wanting a second person for the forest of death," the Hokage said. "So I'll start assigning you guys now,"

"Ibiki Moreno, you will be in charge of the first stage of the exams," He continued. "Now for the second stage, I'll have Hana Namikaze and Anko Mitarashi in charge,"

God damnit. Why did he do that? He knows Anko and I haven't been on speaking terms in eight years. 

I didn't dare to look at Anko. I was dreading this now. How was this even going to work? I haven't spoken to her or Kurenai eight years ago and I avoided them as much as I could. 

"And lastly, I'd like for Genma and Hayate to be in charge of the third stage. You two will take turns," 

Lord Hokage continued going on about how we were going to start prepping and how he's already chosen which Leaf genin will be participating. He also mentioned that we still need to get a couple of other villages confirmation on whether they're showing up or not.

"Alright, you are all dismissed."

We left the classroom and I looked down as I left. 

Not only was it awkward that Anko and I are both in charge of the second stage, it was also a huge slap to my face about how I lost her and Kurenai.

I sighed with frustration. 

How the hell am I going to do this?

Once I got back home, I immediately changed into my pajamas and lied down on my bed. I was having a good day and then this just completely ruined my good day.

Only time would tell how that's going to go...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I brought Hana's cat back. I need to give her some more attention lol and I made this chapter longer since I've been slacking lately.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 1.8K 45
Sometimes life can feel like an endless cycle of disappointments. Hinata at her lowest finds herself at a strange bar, where she meets a blond strang...
172K 6.6K 25
❝ She was an angel. The only woman I ever truly loved.❞ kokushibo didn't know what love was before he met you. he didn't know it could have such an a...
72.2K 1.6K 36
Liliana Hatake: A girl whose mother was murdered by her older cousin. She was left with only her father, her two cousins, and her best friend Naruto...
27.9K 1.2K 55
What if this time the main person isn't sucked up into the Naruto world, but the character from Naruto itself is in our world. The real world... © 20...