Beaten, Bruised, and Kissed

By RachelFine

"Don't let me fall Ryder! Don't let me fall," back then, I had no idea the truth behind that plea. With my fe... More

Beaten Bruised and Kissed
Name Meanings
Key
Tiana's School Schedule
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Authors Note
Chapter 9
Authors Note
Beaten, Bruised, and Kissed isn't dead
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Authors Note
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 34

1.4K 60 8
By RachelFine

"Life is a blank canvas, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

Ryder P.O.V

Our hands are still connected so as not to lose one another while walking through the busy streets of Paris. This is the best time of year here. Unfortunately, that also means it's tourist season. We were lucky enough to be able to catch a taxi that moved slightly faster than jogging to our hotel de L'Empereur where we dropped off our luggage before grabbing a few things for their journey through the cobblestone streets.

Walking on the sidewalks, we popped in and out of many boutiques that we passed by. She did not seem interested in the expensive clothing or jewelry. There was a hidden art museum "Le Musée des Reves (I made it up and it means museum of dreams) that caught her eye and captured her complete attention. Tiana's delight radiated around her as we entered. The gallery was filled with a variety of art media: sculptures, paintings, photographs, glass/mirror art, clay art, and so on. I follow her lead and I listen as she discusses the photo she was immediately drawn to.

Tiana's interpretation is that there's a person longing after another and maybe their dream is to have love or regain lost love. I love the way her mind works. This goes on and on as we slowly wander through, I listen and she talks. I don't mind shutting up for a while.

I've noticed that when I don't respond or add my own thoughts, she can go forever; I don't think she knows she's doing it until someone else talks. Tiana is always more than happy to speak her mind and tell you off if need be. She won't take your shit.

When we were younger, it was easier because I hadn't hurt her and she trusted me; she had no reason to believe otherwise. Now, Tiana will still speak her mind and tell me off but it's much harder to get her to open up beyond that. italics This museum has been a blessing in disguise.

"What I love about how they organized the space is that they didn't sort it by art media; they organized it to send you on an emotional journey which is why everyone has to enter and exit a specific way or else you aren't experiencing the art how it was intended. It's really interesting how the tone on the left side is apologetic, bitter, cautionary, disheartening, incensed, and skeptical paired with moods like angry, desolate, disappointed, drained, frightened, intimidated, painful, and remorseful. Dreams are almost lost or ones hard to successfully fulfill.

"Then we see this beautiful transition of tone and mood that are generalized pieces; I interpret the tones as compassionate, complex, sensationalistic, sentimental, sincere, and moods as inspired, passionate, thoughtful, touched, and vulnerable. When we transition from the beginning to the end, it's a smaller space, but it's brightened by the light shining above through a skylight window showing the blue sky. This Section...," she pauses and her smile grows wider. I didn't think that was possible. "...I relate to the most. I love that it has tones like assertive awestruck, celebratory, and playful that parallel moods like calm, confident, courageous, dreamy, eager, empowered, enlightened, hopeful, Idyllic, and optimistic.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"It may be a smaller section compared to the beginning because dreams are not easy to attain; I can't help that I hope and dream. With all of the bad, the ugly, and the traumatic moments in my life and in yours, it's that little bit of light that gets us through to the end of our journey. The beginning is the honest and raw facts of living for your dream and how that can break your heart over and over; a pain worse than love lost is a dream unattained leading us down a path to hopelessness.

"I know I could be disparaging, cynically, or pessimistic because of the life I've led. I'm referring to every moment I've ever wanted to die or hurt myself because I needed to for once have control over who hurts me; I could let those memories and feelings consume my thoughts and steer how I experience life or, I could grab the steering wheel and take back my title as 'navigator' of my future. I am in control. My life is my own and I'd rather be happy and optimistic. Yeah, I get hurt, but I also take risks because I believe in my dream; I believe in myself and my future because I am the most stubborn person I know," this made me quietly chuckle. "I accept this because it makes me determined, motivated, and passionate so I know I will never give up; never, ever will I stop trying." She finally takes a breath. We sit in the comfortable silence as I follow her eye line to the pieces she's observing. She doesn't seem to notice or fear my presence as I move closer to see a couple of tiny details. Before I realize what I'm doing, I'm bent down slightly, with my head hovering just above Tiana's right shoulder so our faces are only a couple of inches away from each other. I try not to move much so I can enjoy this rare moment of closeness. I feel Tiana notice our proximity and hear her take a quick breath. She didn't move away at first. Her eyes fluttered back to the painting, her skin flushed, and her breath quickened. After a long, comfortable moment, she goes onto one of the last pieces.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

After she finished, we walked out onto the streets. Gazing down at her, our eyes meet again and I'm melted by her glow and our intense connection. Tiana breaks our stare and grabs my hand so she could drag me forward. My wrist Is ahead of me as Tiana speeds off like she's a native who knows where she is and has places to be. I risk speaking up.

"How do you know where we are going and also where are we going?" I wonder at a slightly increased volume as she slips by other, more lost, and confused tourists.

One word. "Research!" she replies. I should have known.

Tiana's P.O.V

Looking up at the Paris sidewalk and down at the directions I found on my phone over and over, the world is so new and exciting. Europe is exactly as amazing and life-changing as I expected it to be. This has been the best summer of my entire life. I love that I don't recognize anything so every moment is filled with discovery and adventure. I got so caught up in my thoughts and excitement that I didn't notice Ryder had taken a small detour and was leading me now.

"Do you know where we're going?" I ask, lightly making fun of him from earlier.

Ryder chuckled, "yeah, I saw something nearby. It won't take long!"

I didn't think much of it. A short distance later, we park ourselves in front of a tourist cart run by a man with a thin, black mustache, a beret, blacks pants, and a black and white striped shirt. My senses are overwhelmed by the smell of freshly cut roses. The seller looked right at Ryder, "Monsieur, a rose for your jolie petite amie?" he asks in a french accent. I noticed Ryder blush.

"She's not my girlfriend, but she is beautiful, so, yes, I believe she deserves a rose," he finished that response while looking at me and curling his lips. I roll my eyes at the cheesy comment and jokingly nudge him, but I can't seem to keep my face from lighting up. Ryder pays the man and tilts the flower forward for me to smell. I inhale the heavenly scent. Instead of handing me the rose to hold, he breaks off the stem, steps closer to me, and drags his finger gently through my hair to push it behind my ear. I feel the warmth coming from his body. Ryder is fairly tall so my natural eye level is at his chest. And what a nice chest it is. Yes indeed. I've noticed that recently my thoughts naturally go that way when I'm around him. Whether we're holding hands or his face/body is close to mine, the part of me that knows everything he's ever done to me disappears for a moment. All I ever desired from my mate was to be wanted. Now that he isn't under his mother's spell, I finally get a mate that does want me; but he also beat me for years, caused many anxiety and panic attacks, and made me want to die. He also stopped me anytime I tried. Ugh, so confusing. I've thought about it for hours on end and I still don't know how I feel. What I do know is that Ryder's chest looks good in that skin-tight t-shirt and my body is telling me she likes what she sees.

His finger grazes the top of my ear as he places the blossomed, red rose. Ryder looked down at me and me up at him. We knew we wanted each other but everything was so complicated. No matter how soft his lips seem or how badly I would love for him to drag me to an alley, roughly press my body against the wall and grab me, kiss me so intensely that I feel light-headed and I lose my breath. Blood drips from his lip because of how hard he's biting it. I break our heart-pounding moment and wipe the red off his chin. I motion my head suggesting we continue to walk. As we leisurely stroll to our destination, I can tell we've both been able to calm down.

Finally, I see the beautiful landmark I've been looking for; the iconic Eiffel Tower coming through between a couple of buildings from our perspective. Grabbing Ryders' hand, we move closer to get a better vantage point. After a couple of minutes of searching, we are struggling a little for the perfect photoshoot angle, I notice him scanning our surroundings before his eyes filled with mischief. "I got an idea. Follow me," he already began dragging me along before he finished talking.

"Are we about to do something stupid?" Ryder doesn't reply and keeps moving. "Ryder! I don't want to die today," I announce, alarmed by his lack of response.

"Good. I won't let you." As he says this, we stop in front of a wall in the middle of an alley. I observe as he reaches up for the fire escape ladder and pulls it down. The sound of the metal scraping echoes throughout the empty area. Ryder extends his hand out to assist me up. I could say no. I could walk away or I could continue my adventure making every moment count. His arms boost me up to the center of the ladder. I latch on and climb to the roof of the building with Ryder following behind.

The view could not be more perfect; completely unobstructed and close, but not too close that parts of the tower are cut off. Without a second thought, I bring out my camera from its secure bag and begin shooting. Before I knew it, I was lost in the photos and forgot Ryder was there with me until he spoke. "Sometimes you have to take risks to find the beauty you desire," he quietly states before slowly moving up closer to me. I feel his breath on my neck as he looks over my shoulder to see some of the photos I shot.

In a quick, impulsive moment, I turn around to face him making eye contact. My eyes travel down to his lips and back. My breath is unsteady and my heartbeat increases. I know I should stop and think more and that I shouldn't give in to my urges, no matter how strong. I don't know if it's because of the view or where we are or how we almost died recently, but I decided that life is too short to have any regrets. Shifting my weight to the tip of my toes, I rest my hands on his arms and reach to meet my lips with his. Ryder gently but feverishly put his arms around me to pull me closer as he bends his head. In a moment of urgency, as if I need him like I need air to breathe, we collided.

A/N: Hello everyone! This chapter included things I added on the spot which made it extra long for you guys. Don't expect chapters to always be this long. This week is my fourth week of online college classes and I'm adjusting as best as I can. I really enjoyed writing this chapter, especially because of all of the sexual tension. Their relationship is finally going somewhere! It excites and saddens me as we get closer and closer to the end. I'm going to have a lot of fun with the last chapters in reference to romance and such. I hope you guys are handling your classes well and whether you're doing remote or hybrid learning or work, please stay safe. Goodbye fellow readers and have a wacky Wednesday.

Will Tiana be able to move on from the past?

Will their relationship continue this positive streak?

What's going to change with Trana?

Ryder: *dancing crazy stupid*

Rachel: What are you doing?

Ryder: Celebrating the fact that Tiana and I are gonna f*ck soon

Rachel: Says who?

Ryder: You did

Rachel: Nope, never said that

Ryder: But...but we kissed?!

Rachel: So do kindergarteners. A kiss is a kiss. I'm still in control and you're still my bitch. I decide the fate of your relationship

Ryder: Why are you so mean?

Rachel: Why are you so horny?

Ryder: Ugh

Vote

Comment

Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
115 9 7
'why are you doing this?" I said in a volume that could only reach him. "Isn't it clear?" my breath hitched as he came closer to me until his mouth w...
336 39 17
#2 New Moon Series _An enemy of an enemy is a friend_ I have yearned for a mate ever since I learnt of one. Thoughts about having someone who would l...
114K 5K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...