𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐖𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐠...

By itz_beauty

❝ i am your offense ❞ ❝ i am your defense ❞ ❝ together, we fight ❞ ━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━ Y/n, the younger siste... More

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷 - 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝙳𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙲𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚋𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚂𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚗 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚓𝚊
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚕𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚛
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚒𝚝𝚢
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚕𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚡𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝙿𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚢 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚂𝚎𝚊 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷- 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝙸𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸 - 𝚄𝚗𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚕
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚝 𝚂𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚘𝚌𝚛𝚎 𝙶𝚊𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼 - 𝙶𝟺 𝚁𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚝
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽 - 𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚣𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟾 - 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚖𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚊
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿 - 𝙹𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶 - 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚜
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷 - 𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐!
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸 - 𝙶𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹 - 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟺 - 𝙴𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙲𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚙𝚎𝚍𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻 - 𝙿𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟼 - 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚢
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽 - 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾 - 𝚆𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎?
𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎
|| 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞! ||

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶 - 𝚄𝚗𝚢𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎

910 36 95
By itz_beauty

𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Genos initiates battle, and seemingly defeats the monster with a massive attack.

"Was that the last of them?" Genos questions the people who had their mouths agape.

"Wow!"

"Amazing!"

"Awesome!"

The crowd cheered. The evacuees must have been desperate to react in such a way.

However, Genos lets his guard down and gets one of his arms ripped off. Y/n turned around and her eyes widened when she saw Genos laying on the ground, next to her.

"Now I'm angry. I'm gonna tear you to shreds!" the Deep Sea King shouted.

"I let my guard down again. I never learn." Genos groaned. Y/n gasped and bent down to help Genos. Genos stood up with the support of Y/n.

Genos tells the people to run while he distracts the monster, since victory is no longer assured.

"I cannot promise I will win. Run, while I keep him busy!" he demanded.

"Genos! I'll handle him, run away as well!" Y/n argued, not wanting him to fight with those injuries.

"I'm going to be fine, Y/n-sama. Please evacuate the citizens. I'm counting on you." he ruffled Y/n's hair before launching himself at the Deep Sea King.

Y/n wanted to protest and stop him, but what he said stopped her from doing so. Plus, Y/n has a weakness for headpats, so she couldn't decline.

Genos was counting on her, she's not going to let him down by being a whiny brat who's going to get in his way.

That's right. She has to evacuate the citizens and ensure their safety. She has to protect them at all costs.

"Please be careful, Genos. Let's go home together like usual." Y/n whispered before turning to the citizens.

"Everyone who can still walk, please follow me! I will ensure your safety!" Y/n shouted, using sign language as well for those who cannot hear her words.

Those who noticed her immediately obliged and followed every single one of her instructions.

Y/n turned around to check up on Genos. He was giving it his all in his battle with the Deep Sea King.

"You can do it!" Y/n encouraged, seeing Genos struggling against the Deep Sea King.

Those simple words of motivation from Y/n, stimulated Genos. He wanted to give it his all, finish everything in one blow.

"That girl over there seems very special to you. I can tell by the way you looked at her." the Deep Sea King smirked.

"What of it?" Genos growled, dodging a punch from him and delivering his own punch as well.

"I wonder what face you'll give me if I melt her with this." the Deep Sea King launches a glob of acid at Y/n who managed to evacuate most of the citizens.

"Y/n-sama!" Y/n heard. She turned around and saw the glob of acid making her way towards her.

She didn't worry much, since she knew her shield could protect her from it.

Without thinking, Genos intercepts and shields Y/n from the acid, which melts his bionic body, nearly killing him.

Genos knew that Y/n could protect herself with her shield, he knew that and yet...he still protected her without thinking.

Those words that the Deep Sea King told him echoed in his mind. It's true, Y/n is very special to him.

Genos respects Saitama, after all, he is his Sensei. Genos only saw Y/n as his Sensei's little sister and someone admirable.

But slowly, that admiration turned into something different. It all started during that day...

Remember when Y/n fell asleep after studying? She woke up without her usual smile, right?

That's when Genos felt something different about her. That's when he started hanging out with Y/n.

He got to know her and take down notes, going as far as to note her likes and dislikes.

'Y/n-sama is truly special to me' Genos thought as he stared into Y/n's widened eyes.

She was white as chalk. Her eyes and her mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise, and although she was staring straight at Genos, she couldn't help but just...stare in shock.

Sometimes, your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows. That's what Y/n felt.

Her heart refused to believe what just happened, her mind had already processed and analyzed the situation in front of her.

Her brain stutters for a moment and her eyes take in more light than she expected, every part of her goes on pause while her thoughts try to catch up.

In that moment, right before the Sea King would have finished Genos off, Y/n activates her shield and holds Genos's body in her arms.

The Deep Sea King grabbed the f/c orb, that contained Y/n and Genos in it, and threw it at a wall as if it were a softball.

The King of the Seafolk Clan launched towards the orb that was stuck in the wall and punched it with all of his might.

(A/N: ALL MIGHT)

The three ended up going outside, including the Deep Sea King. Genos and Y/n were still inside of Y/n's shield which happened to be a f/c orb.

"Genos...are you...still alive?" Y/n called out, but there came no response.

"If you'd focused on me, you could have easily dodged my little ball of acid. Instead, you chose to sacrifice yourself to save her. She must be very special to you, your beloved perhaps?" the creature joked.

Genos tried to get up, you could tell since there were electricity waves coming out of him.

"You're a fool, but I give you credit for giving me a few scratches. They've already healed, of course." the creature boasted.

"Now, die." the creature said, approaching the orb with his fists clenched.

Mumen Rider appears and engages the Deep Sea King. He is defeated easily, but refuses to give up.

Upon seeing this, the people decided to encourage him, but to no avail. Mumen Rider lost immediately.

"Genos...please don't struggle...it pains me to see you like this. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to help you..." Y/n apologized.

Genos groaned and grunted as he tried to get up. This only made Y/n frown even more.

"I'm still weak...if only I knew how to get to you somehow. If only I hadn't gotten in your way..." Y/n stammered.

"Y...You didn't get in...the way, Y/n-sama." Genos struggled to speak.

"I am nothing but a shield. A shield designed to protect others. But that's all I can do. I can't even fight and when I can fight, it's way too difficult!" Y/n shouted in frustration.

"I am nothing but a shield. A shield used for defense...without anyome being my offense. I am nothing but a defense." Y/n whimpered.

"Then, I will be your offense. You will be my defense. Together, we will fight." Genos vowed. Those words struck Y/n like an arrow.

As much as she tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from her throat in the form of a silent scream.

She had waited for a very long time for someone to say those words to her, but no one ever did.

Saitama can always be her offense, but he had gotten way too strong to need a defense to protect him.

Y/n can't fight that well since she does not know any ways of fighting. Of course, there is always that technique of 'allowing access' but it is quite difficult to manage.

You see, when she allows access, this also puts herself in danger because she has to be inside of the shield at all times.

Meaning, when she tries to melt a foreign object or substance, she will have to look at it and focus all of the ultraviolet rays on it.

If she does not focus at all, she is at risk of melting herself in her very own shield. Wouldn't that be ironic?

The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping.

The muffled sobs wracked against her chest. The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds.

Her eyes drip with tears. Her walls, the walls that hold her up, make her strong just...collapsed.

Moment by moment, they fall. Salty drops fall from her chin, drenching her already wet shirt.

She's trembling and she can't stop herself from doing so. Even as she cups Genos's cheek, it shakes, it trembles.

'I can't stop...I can't stop. Why can I not stop crying?' Y/n thought, trying to stop crying.

It's raw, everything, raw tears, raw emotions. Displayed in front of him was the real Y/n, not the Y/n who tries to stay strong and keep it all together.

"I'm sorry for failing you...Y/n-sama." Genos apologized, giving her a small smile that she had grown to love.

"Aww, how sweet. But time's up, it's time for you two to die." the Deep Sea King laughed like a maniac.

"I wonder what face you'll have when I crush your loved one into pieces. Just imagining it makes me so thrilled! I can't wait! I ca-" "the creature got cut off.

"Shut up, you damn fish." Y/n had finally snapped.

The creature laughed heartlessly, looking down at her as if she was just another child begging him for pity. But she wasn't.

Instead of lowering her head, she lifted it, a stony glare carved into her e/c eyes.

Fury blurred her sight but she tightened her jaw and glared at him. There was no softness in that gaze.

It was a look that conveyed a bubbling hatred. Disgust perhaps. Yet the creature was a stranger.

Her gaze fell like an act of violence, a glare to stop his heart. This was the real Y/n and for some reason, she was no longer afraid to show it.

"Y/n-sama...please don't fight it...I don't want to see you...get hurt." Genos struggled to speak.

"Genos...hang on for a second. I've gotta exterminate this Seafreak or whatever it was called." Y/n stood up and deactivated her shield.

"I heard that!" the Deep Sea King shouted, hitting Y/n with one of his strongest punch, but his punch only slipped through her body, since her body is now made out of rain droplets.

Y/n gathered all the water droplets that she adored so much and combined them to circle around the Deep Sea King, trapping him inside of a whirlpool.

"Didn't you hear? Water only makes me powerful! You didn't know that, did you? You truly are an idiot!" the creature laughed.

"Is that so? And what exactly have you accomplished in your lifetime that makes you Einstein?" Y/n spat.

"I'm about to accomplish taking over your land!" the creature laughed maniacally which pissed Y/n off.

"Oh? Are you mad because I hurt your beloved? Don't worry, I'll kill him after I'm done with you." he smirked.

"I won't let you touch my offense. Before taking over our land, you should study how fishes work, you damn seafreak." Y/n scoffed.

"Huh?!" the creature yelled.

"Fish, like all other complex life forms, need oxygen to survive. They get theirs in the form of oxygen gas dissolved in the water." Y/n paused, making the creature's eyes go wide.

"Most fish get their oxygen from water when it enters their bodies via the gills. Although a small amount of oxygen may also pass into a fish through the skin. The oxygen molecules dissolve in the water, put simply hiding between the water molecules." she continued.

"You're the foolish one here, Seafreak." Y/n glared, adding even more water droplets into the whirlpool, making it larger.

His head is pounding, every cell in his body is screaming for oxygen. The creature kept fighting until he feels like his head is about to explode, he realizes that he needs take a breathe.

Darkness enveloped him. The water closed in around him, filling him with a deep dread.

Blue and black splotches danced in front of him and he couldn't remember if his eyes were opened or closed.

The coldness he had felt upon being trapped in the whirlpool, that Y/n had created out of pure hatred, was completely gone.

A desperate hot wave had come over him, warming even his frosted toes. His heart was beating rapidly in panic.

The urgency for air was more apparent than ever. There weren't blue blotches in his field of vision anymore. It was all black.

The creature collapsed on the ground, dead from the lack of oxygen. Y/n just stared at the dead body in pure disgust.

"Drip drop." Y/n whispered. Since she used plenty of rain from above, the sky had cleared up.

(A/N: Pretty much, you're kinda like Juvia from Fairytail)

She wanted to tear the creature into shreds, cut everything open as if she was making sushi. She wanted to destroy every fragment of it, and that's what she did.

After cutting the Deep Sea King into pieces using the power of the rain, she ran back to Genos.

"You truly are amazing, Y/n-sama." Genos formed a tiny smile on his face before shutting down.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Hey, what's that?" Onii-chan asked, pointing to the box-like thingy that was flying towards us.

"It is the mail. The post office employees cannot come here, so a drone now delivers the mail." Genos explained.

"The post office's drone?" Onii-chan questioned.

"No. I think it belongs to the Hero Association." I corrected, noticing the logo of the Hero Association.

"I see." Onii-chan mumbled.

We headed back into the apartment to check out our mails. I'm sure Genos got plenty, I'm not so sure about Onii-chan.

Genos seemed to be staring at one letter with nothing but pure disgust and confusion.

"What does it say?" I asked, leaning closer to him to get a better look at the letter.

"Genos-sama, I've been a huge fan of yours since I first laid eyes on you! I think you are a true hero. I even joined your fan club. I'm just crazy about you!"

"It even has a drawing of you. Although, it's not very accurate." I giggled.

"True...but I pay no attention to such fan letters." Genos said, placing the letter in the box again.

"Hmm...why is that?" I inquired.

"I'm not sure, but I just can't accept letters like that. It's as if I'm expecting someone else to say those words to me." Genos muttered.

"That's interesting...oh, Onii-chan, are you opening yours? Let me see!" I exclaimed, making my way to Onii-chan's place.

Genos also came closer and we anticipated for Onii-chan to open up his letter. I have a bad feeling about this, not gonna lie!

"No one cares about you! You cowardly, cheating bastard! You freaking baldy!"

"Damn it...I'll find out who sent it." Genos stood up from behind me.

"I'm going to exterminate that person for saying such things to you, Onii-chan. Genos, I'm going with you." I stood up as well, Genos lifting me up by giving a hand.

"Here's a guy with free time." Onii-chan remarked, not affected by what the letter said.

Onii-chan...I know you're just pretending, I know it hurts you as well, but you pretend not to be affected.

Onii-chan...if this is the path you choose to walk, I will not interfere with your decision.

But in the future, if you are ever forced into a corner because of something like this...I'll exterminate them all.

"Hey, there's one more." Onii-chan informed, taking it out of the box and opening it.

Genos and I glared at the letter, getting ready to find that person's location if they said something mean to him.

"To the Hero Saitama, thanks!!"

"Y/n, you haven't opened any of your fan letters, right? You should open them." Onii-chan ushered.

"I have already compiled them. I have also read through each and every one of them." Genos dumped a bucket of letters in front of me.

I read through all of them with a small smile. The letters mostly thanked me.

"What about those letters? I can see my name on them." I pointed out, referring to the pile of letters next to Genos.

"These are just love letters that are utterly insignifant. I am already in the process of burning them." Genos turned the letters into ashes.

"Genos! Why'd you do that?" I gawked.

"I am not aware of the reason, but I just simply burned them without thinking. My apologies, Y/n-sama." he apologized.

"It's fine. I don't really care about them anyways." I chuckled, rubbing my nape sheepishly.

"Is there any left?" Onii-chan asked.

"There's two from the Hero Association. One for Sensei and another for Y/n-sama." Genos handed the letters to us.

"The Association? Are they firing me? Well, whatever." Onii-chan shrugged it off and just opened it up.

Apparently, I have ranked first place in Class A. Doesn't that mean I can move up to Class S?

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

"So, why'd you call me in? I have school in an hour so kindly make it snappy." I demanded.

"We'll make it quick. Congratulations on attaining rank 1 in Class A." one of them congratulated.

"Hm? Oh, I remember now! You guys are the ones who decides the hero rankings." I recalled.

"There are more members on the review board, but the four of us here today will be handling your interview." they replied.

"Interview?" I repeated to myself.

"The top ranking Class A hero is given the option to be promoted to Class S. However, if you wish to remain in Class A, that's fine too."

"How about it, Y/n-chan? Do you want to move up? Although if you do, you'll be ranked at the very bottom again."

"If I remember correctly, Genos is in Class S, right?" I inquired.

"Genos? Oh, you're talking about that cyborg."

"Indeed, he is. He is rank 16."

"Then, I'll move up then." I smiled.

"I see, so you want a promotion."

"First, we'll need you to answer some questions."

"Shoot." I got ready to answer their questions.

"Firstly..." they all paused and ran up to me.

"Are the rumors true?!"

"Rumors?" I repeated.

"That you're dating Genos! It's so obvious!"

"He even protected you, what a man!"

"The two of you make a great couple! You always fight monsters together when you go grocery shopping!"

They watch us grocery shop?

"Tell us! We have to know!" they all shouted in unison. They seemed desperate to know.

"Ehhh?!"

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 72 83
Ayano Aishi has never been able to feel emotions. She has always been... empty. Then her entire life changes when she witnesses Saitama defeat a mons...
524 11 4
One day his disciple was acting more weird than usual. He was clingy, too clingy... and overprotective too. Genos seems to be a lot more obsessive of...
269K 9.7K 21
(Y/N) has always been ignored expect her best friend Genos but even he sometimes forgot her. She was used to it anyways. But what happens when (Y/N)...
41.6K 1.1K 14
(Y/N) (L/N) is just your ordinary 18-year-old who lives a normal life like any other normal human being. You may think he is an ordinary human being...