𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸 - 𝙶𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Guys, did you hear about the news?!"

"Yeah, it's about the Monster Association, right?"

"Yep. They infiltrated the headquarters, leaving two employees dead."

"They even killed one of the executives..."

"Come on, you guys!"

Such topics were talked around the school. I have not received this news yet. It must've happened not too long ago.

Or it probably happened yesterday when I lost my memories that time. I'm glad the executive I was protecting is alive and well.

"This morning, an organization calling themselves the Monster Association made a criminal declaration that they had taken a hostage from the Hero Association."

My classmates were listening to the latest news. I know for a fact that not many like watching the news. They must be really worried.

"According to the declaration, they expressed that even more destruction and casualties would be caused by the monsters."

Sounds like the Hero Association and the Monster Association are going to clash head-on.

"The Hero Association is calling for extra security."

What's going to happen to them if we, the heroes, lose? Curse the Monster Association...

The nausea clawed at my throat, and I tried to force down the bile. My face was white and sweat trickled down my forehead.

"We can win, right? Us heroes can win, right?" I whimpered, clutching my stomach. I leaned forward and sunk into my knees.

Even if Genos and Onii-chan are there, I still can't help but worry. So, what if we defeat the monsters?

What if we defeat the Monster Association and things go back to the way they were?

They declared war. But can we really do it?

Something kncoked on the glass window of our classroom. I was seated next to the window because I loved looking at the view when I get bored of the lecture. Plus, it's the main protagonist seat.

I turned to my left and saw a familiar face. I quickly opened the window and saw Genos holding a bento box.

"Y/n-sama...are you ill?" Genos muttered, staring at my pale face as he handed me my bento that I had forgotten to bring.

"I'm fine, Genos. I'm just worried, that's all. Also, thanks." I nervously chuckled, rubbing my nape.

"Do you want to talk about it outside? I know that your next class starts in two hours." Genos suggested.

"That would be nice." I accepted his offer and went all the way downstairs to meet him outside.

"Is something bothering you?" Genos inquired, taking a seat on the bench. I sat on the empty spot next to him.

"I just realized this but did you change your parts or something. Your arms are more...human-like." I commented, poking his skin.

It feels awfully realistic! Gosh, that's weird but cool at the same time!

"Y/n-sama...that feels weird." Genos turned away from me, his ears red. Do cyborgs' ears turn red?

"Uhm...Doctor Kuseno gave me a new body that allows me to feel what humans feel." Genos briefly explained.

"That's so cool." I poked his arm again. He's wearing a sleeveless jean jacket. It's the same one I got him when we went out shopping together.

"We're not here to talk about my new parts. Please tell me what's bothering you, Y/n-sama." Genos requested.