𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚝 𝚂𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

"His guard may have been down, but even so, there aren't many humans who could take out a Class S hero." Bang stated.

"Indeed. The killer is probably one of us here!" Child Emperor announced, making everyone gasp.

But who was it?

The story begins a day ago...

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

We were honored as persons of distinguished service for saving the Earth from alien invasions and preventing the largest disaster in history.

To show their appreciation, the Hero Association took us on an overnight trip to the hot springs.

"It was very generous of the Association to take us on a hot springs trip to celebrate our victory." Onii-chan laughed.

"Indeed." I agreed.

The three of us left and went to our own hot springs which was arranged according to gender.

I entered the bathhouse for females. I took off all my clothes and wrapped myself in a towel, and got ready to enter the warm hot springs.

The water moves softly around my outstretched fingers, caressing cooly, eddying in their wake.

"I left because I was hungry."

I pull my hand out and watch the drips, both transparent and opaque at the same time.

"I just want to protect my own town."

They fall as if snatched by gravity to the saline below, each one swiftly haloed by ever-growing rings.

"I've always got a pile of requests to get rid of monsters. I can't lie around all day like you."

In the breeze, my hand is cold, yet my back is warmed by the egg yolk sun that shone ever so brightly.

"What'd you say?! I had to skip my little sister's piano recital!"

Here, I could stay all day, if it weren't for the guys making a whole lot of noise on the other side!

"Come on, guys. Let's try to get along today."

"Hmph! I could have handled it all by myself." Tatsumaki scoffed.

"Hey! You're not supposed to wear swimsuits in a hot spring!" I heard Onii-chan's voice.

"Wh-Who cares?!"

"Jeez..." an irk mark popped out of Tatsumaki's forehead which made the other girls and I sweatdrop.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

"I doubt that the danger Shibabawa-sama prophesied has passed. I've asked you all here today under the pretext of discussing this matter." Sitch or Stitch announced.

"But be that as it may, I am deeply grateful for your heroic acts on the day of the attack. I'd like you all to let loose and enjoy yourselves tonight." he told us.

"All right! Cheers!" he raised his glass of beer.

"Cheers!" we all cheered as we raised our glass as well.