More Than A Miracle

By Talesanddreams_

Miracle Series Book 2 Akshita Gupta A girl who has only seen pain and ignorance all her life. She was always... More

1. Empty promises
2. Family is everything
3. Weird family
4. If the decision is mine
5. Finding hope
6. Friends
7. Another good day
8. The day of Engagement
9. Carpe diem!
10. Beginning of a forever
11. The poorly bride
12. Forever yours
13. Finally happy
14. A kiss of love
15. Anchor
16. Job Interview
17. Realisation
18. Love confessions
19. A little scare
20. You are my home
21. Good day turned bad
22. Overwhelmed with love
23. My beautiful human being
24. This smile is my everything
25. You are my first
26. Never let you go
27. It is not a dream
28. Unconditional love
29. Divine feeling
30. Gazing at the stars
31. Stronger together
32. Making a statement
33. My Queen
34. My light
35. I would never abandon you
36. She is my wife
37. His arms
38. Add me in your good books
39. I couldn't stay away
40. That's what love is
41. My sweet love!
42. Gratitude
43. You drive me crazy
45. The biggest happiness
46. She has my heart
47. Welcoming a new member
Epilogue

44. Let's just never fight, okay?

23.5K 1.2K 100
By Talesanddreams_

Akshita

Khushi's marriage was like a rollercoaster ride. Every single event was planned meticulously because we wanted everything to be perfect for her. Even though she didn't want such a lavish wedding but we, as a family, wanted to provide the best for her. What made me the happiest was that I contributed financially too. Mamma-papa didn't want me to use my savings because they have more than enough money but I wanted to contribute to it so Ashish convinced them. I had to convince Ashish first which took a whole day of persuading and so many kisses. In the end, they let me add only a meagre sum of money, still, I was happy. 

There were a few setbacks in the marriage but overall, everything went smoothly. I enjoyed a lot more rituals I couldn't at my wedding. Mamma let me be in charge of everything so I planned all the functions with Ashish. For me, the most beautiful thing about a wedding is the new relations that come with it. Aditya and his family were such honest and amazing people, it made the whole wedding a lot more beautiful. Most importantly, they treated Khushi well, they understood and respected her dreams and treated her like a daughter, which was all that mattered in the end.

We had just returned from Khushi's reception. Everyone was tired and a few of our relatives were still there. I was coming from my room after changing my clothes and I stopped in my tracks when I heard one of papa's aunt taking a jibe at me again. I don't know why but this particular aunt has never liked me for whatever reasons. Since the beginning, she has always pointed out my mistakes, she has never accepted me truly. And even though she is an elder, she has lost my respect a long time ago.

"When are Ashish and Akshita having kids? It's been more than a year now. Is she even fertile?"

Honestly, even I was ready to have kids now. Ashish and I only discussed it in the initial days of our marriage. I didn't know whether he wanted to have kids now or not. I was afraid of starting the topic and partially because Khushi's marriage was going on so I didn't initiate this talk at all.

Part of the reason, I was also craving to be a mother now was because Samriti just gave birth to twins. When we went to see them, I was feeling an ache in my heart. I felt like my life was incomplete. I tried to talk to Ashish so hard that day but nothing would come out of my mouth. Even though our relationship is transparent, we always share everything, he is always the first one to know about my feelings but I couldn't just ask him this.

And today, hearing aunt's negative remark made my heart ache.

"There is nothing like that. Ashish has already told us that he wants to wait till Khushi's marriage and we respect that. My Akshita is not infertile." Mamma said to the aunt politely but I could hear a tinge of annoyance in her voice. Her words made me smile. Maa would always be there for me, supporting me at every step and protecting me from everyone.

"This family planning thing is rubbish. When I was Akshita's age, my sons were already going to school." Aunt ridiculed me. I felt humiliated at her statement.

"It's their life, they have to live together. It's not 'our' right to meddle in their affairs." Mamma indirectly told her to stop meddling in our business but aunt still didn't get the memo. She kept droning about the importance of having kids early. I could see even mamma was starting to look upset. Frustrated, I walked into the living room and flashed her a smile. She stopped talking but turned her head away to talk to somebody else.

Mamma looked at me and I shook my head at her smiling. She smiled in relief and everyone continued talking.

In the evening, when I went back to my room, I was cranky and mad. I wanted to shout at someone, I was feeling so moody. So I fought with Ashish over an extremely silly reason.

"Akshita, come let's eat," Ashish called me for dinner.

"I don't want to eat," I said annoyed.

"Why? What happened?" He asked softly.

"What why? I am not hungry so I don't want to eat. Can you not make an issue out of a simple thing?" I replied fiercely.

"Well, okay. I was just asking." He replied calmly.

"Stop being sarcastic with me, alright. I can feel your annoyance." I said angrily.

"But I didn't even say anything. I am not being sarcastic here. Why are you picking a fight unnecessarily?"

"Really, I am picking a fight! I am picking a fight? Who is the one who won't stop asking stupid questions? Do I have to explain every fucking thing to you?" I yelled at him.

"Why are you shouting? It's such a foolish thing. I just asked why you don't want to eat. Do you have to shout unnecessarily over such a small thing?" He argued back.

"Ha! Yes, yes, I am the unreasonable one here, picking fights and shouting idiotically. You are a saint. I am the one who is always wrong." I said sarcastically. He looked like he was going to explode.

"You know what? Don't eat, I will go." Ashish yelled and left the room, banging the door behind him. I shivered at the noise and sat on the bed hugging my knees. Tears ran out of my eyes and I whimpered, hiding my face in my legs. I didn't even realise when I fell asleep.

The next day when I woke up, I was covered with the blanket properly. Ashish came out of the dressing room after getting ready and went outside without talking to me. I wanted to talk to him so badly and apologise for my stupid behaviour but I knew he wouldn't agree so easily.

I got ready after taking a quick shower. By the time I went out, Ashish had already left for the office. I still had two more days left for my leave so I ate my breakfast and chatted with mamma. In the afternoon, our remaining relatives left and so there was no one in the house except for mum, me and a few house-helps.

Suddenly, I got an idea so I informed mamma and went to the market. I got a few art supplies and after coming back, began to paint. I was always okayish at painting so I was able to make an average 'I am so sorry' card for Ashish and even wrote an apology letter to him. Afterwards, I went to the kitchen and cooked a few of his favourite dishes.

I slipped twice in the kitchen and also burnt my hand a little because I was constantly thinking and worrying over things in my mind. Mamma raised a brow at me when she saw me working so hard at cooking.

"Is something wrong?" She finally asked after seeing me running here and there, doing dumb things for the whole day.

"Ah... I fought with him." I said looking down shyly.

"Oh, so this is why you have been falling, running here and there for the whole day." She said chuckling. I pouted slightly and rubbed my head a little. One thing I love about mamma-papa is that they never intrude. They listen to everything, suggest their ideas and offer help when needed but they never impose their ideas on others or interfere in other's matters.

Soon, Ashish and papa also came home. I was in the kitchen when Ashish came so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. He went to our room to change and I ran behind him. I sat on the bed in anticipation as he was in the bathroom, taking a shower. My leg bounced in nervousness.

After some time, he finally came out half-naked with a towel wrapped around his lower body. I gulped loudly taking in his gorgeous physique. A few stray water droplets were shining on his body. It took me ages to just walk up to him and hand him the sorry card that I made.

*************************************

Ashish

My mood was so bad for the past few days. First, I was already sad about Khushi leaving and then Akshita fought with me over a silly matter. I was gloomy the whole day in the office and unknowingly, I lashed out at a few staff members too. I didn't even want to go home today. I was so damn upset.

When I came home, Akshita was not there. I sighed going to our room and took a shower. Wrapping a towel around my hips, when I came out, I saw Akshita sitting on the bed When she saw me, she started checking me out in an instant. My lips twitched lightly and formed a low smirk. She walked towards me with slow steps and I just stood there, waiting to see what she would do to make it up to me.

She finally stopped in front of me and handed me a letter sorta thing with her head hanging down. She was looking like a shy school girl handing a love letter. My mood took a 360° turn and I felt happy inside. I was so tempted to laugh but I controlled myself. She also held onto an empty sheet and waited for me to read the letter she gave me. 

I opened the letter and skimmed through its contents. It was a sincere apology. After reading it, I folded it and when she saw it, she turned over the sheet she was holding. In colourful and bold painting colours 'I am so sorry' was written on it.

I smiled lightly but didn't show any signs of responding to her. She looked at me and her face fell when she saw me giving her a blank look.

"I know I was in the wrong. I had a terrible mood yesterday and I lashed out at you. You don't know how guilty I felt immediately after you left the room last night. I don't know what came over me and I couldn't control myself. I didn't mean any of the harsh words I said last night. I am sorry, Ashish. Please forgive me. Hug?" She said sniffling and pouted at the end, asking for a hug while opening her arms wide for me.

I finally smiled and pulled her in my arms. She wrapped her arms around my torso and hugged me tightly while crying like a baby.

"I won't do it again." She said crying on my shoulder.

"It's ok, Jaan. I get it. I am sorry too. You have every right to lash out at me. I can be your punching bag next time you are angry. Okay? Stop crying." I caressed her hair and pressed my lips over her forehead.

"You are not angry anymore?" She asked looking at me with teary eyes and a red nose. I shook my head at her and she hugged me again.

"I love you so much." She mumbled from my chest.

"I love you more, baby. Now shush. Don't cry. Hmm?" She hummed in response and kept hugging me for a long time.

"Why was your mood bad though?" I asked kissing her hair. She rubbed her head on my chest like a kitten.

She suddenly looked up and her eyes widened.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You are naked." She said and stepped away from me as if I would burn her.

"And? How does that matter?" I asked chuckling and tried to pull her back in my arms.

"No, go wear clothes. Shameless human." She kept moving away.

"Woah! Now, I am shameless. A few minutes ago, you were checking out this sexy body." I said pointing at my abs. She blushed profusely mumbling 'shameless' and ran away from the room. I laughed to myself for some time and wore my PJs.

Afterwards, I went outside and saw Akshita bringing out the food to the dining table from the kitchen. I smirked at her when she caught my eye and she poked her tongue out at me. Mamma-papa got seated and I settled on my chair still looking at my wife.

"Seems like your fight got sorted, " Mamma commented chuckling. Akshita blushed again.

"Fight? They were fighting?" Papa asked curiously.

"Yeah, they were. Your daughter-in-law was running here and there whole day trying to find ways to coax this son of yours. I tell you, she fell twice in the kitchen and burnt her wrist as well. Ashish, if you hadn't sorted it out with her even after all her efforts, I would have disowned you." Mamma said glaring at me. I looked at Akshita but she was not meeting my eye.

"Oh, this is the reason you were shouting left and right at the staff today. Ashish, you are such a bully. Why did you fight with her? Do you not see the girl loves you so much? Dare if you fight with her ever again!" Papa scolded me but Akshita jumped into the conversation.

"Papa, I was the one who fought with him. He didn't even say anything. It was not his fault at all." Akshita said immediately. My heart was beating so fast and I was so desperate to just kiss her senselessly.

Now, I felt stupid for getting angry at her. What if she was fighting with me? Does it matter anymore? She had every right to yell at me and even release her anger. Why did I stop talking to her over a petty thing?

"Anyway, they have sorted their issue. Don't meddle. I want to eat the dinner my daughter made with so much 'effort'." Mamma said and gave me a side look, highlighting the word effort.

Ugh! I get it, Mother. I won't fight with her. I mumbled to myself.

While Akshita was serving my plate, I served hers. I placed it in front of her and she smiled looking at it.

"Eat," I muttered to her and took my plate from her hand. We started eating and the food made by Akshita was tasty like always. I was touched by her thoughtfulness. First, she made me a card and wrote me a letter, then she said some really beautiful words to me. Now she put in so much effort for me and cooked my favourite dishes. Unknowingly, she made me feel special. I have never doubted my importance in her life but occasionally a reminder about it feels good.

After finishing our dinner, we both took a walk in the garden. We held hands as we walked and she stared at our intertwined fingers.

"Where did you get hurt?" I asked her after a few minutes of silence. She looked at me and shook her head.

"It was nothing. Mamma was just exaggerating it to make you feel guilty. She had already applied the ointment on it." She was just making excuses.

"Just show, Akshita," I said sternly and she showed me the back of her wrist where an already blackened burn mark was there. I felt awful to have put her under this ordeal for a whole day.

"Let's make a rule. If we ever fight, we would never sleep on it. We would talk it out before sleeping so that it doesn't become a big issue like this. We were both so stressed for the whole day." I mumbled and kissed her burnt skin. My baby went through so much.

"Ashish." She looked at me.

"Hmm," I answered placing my palms on both sides of her face.

"Let's just never fight. Okay?" She said sweetly.

"Okay. We will not fight, ever. We can have disagreements, arguments but not this kind of ridiculous fight. Deal."

"Deal." She said smiling.

"Jaana, this is not how a deal is made," I told her seriously.

"Then?" She asked curiously.

"Like this," I muttered and smashed my lips over hers. She smiled and my world felt complete.

______

Hi guys,

Long time, no see!

You guys can get angry at me for not updating for almost a month. But honestly, I didn't have anything in my mind. I wrote a few things before but when I started writing today, I deleted the draft and wrote a completely new chapter.

At first, I wanted to add the parts from Adish's marriage too but then I realised I have already shown Ashish and Akshita's outfits and their scenes in the first book. Repeating it all here would be boring. The main part was the first meeting scene which I wrote in the previous chapter. I hope you guys agree with me here.

Furthermore, I will try to give at least 5 more chapters for this book. I have also written a bonus chapter for the first book but I cannot update it before finishing this book because it will give a few spoilers which I don't want. You guys already know that Akish would have a kid soon but I never revealed his name or the parts before and after it. So all of them will be here. Also, the pregnancy moment too when Akshita will tell Ashish the news.

So keep supporting me like you always have and retain your patience with me. I want the chapters to be good so I have to wait for the ideas to come to my mind.

You guys were asking for a fight so here is the much-awaited Akish fight and the way they solved it. It was a small one but a small issue make the big fights, right? It makes sense, I guess.

I am sorry to the people who send me messages but I don't reply to them sometimes because of being busy. Sometimes I forget too. I hope you guys understand that.

In other news, I actually tried reading a Chinese romance story. It left me with weird sleeping issues. I couldn't sleep properly for three days, I don't know why or maybe because I read constantly for hours, the things get stuck in my mind.

What did you guys do this past month? Also, has anyone ever read a Chinese story? How was your experience? What would your reviews be?

P.S - Wattpad has recently started giving recommendations for books. Did anyone of you receive a recommendation for my books?

If you guys liked the chapter, hit the star icon at the bottom to vote and leave your feedback in the comments.

❤K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 32.4K 43
She was his peace and he was her protector She was his saviour and he was her solace She was a cracker and he was the fire She was a troublemaker and...
80.4K 7.8K 77
Book 2: This story is about a bubbly girl, Megha and Abhijeet, her perfect match. But life is never perfect. They were unaware of the tests that th...
227K 10.6K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
32.7K 3K 29
~Book 1 of Hidden Love Series~ "If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I...