Saving Casanova: Book 2

By AriesAngeloAuthor

This is Book 2 from Finding Casanova. After the death of Espian. Troy is trying to live his life by drinking... More

Coming Out
Bad News
I'm Not Afraid To Die
Until We Meet Again
An Unknown Place
Saving Troy 2.0
Feeling Fuzzy
Saving Troy Again
The Visit
Steaks and Wine
Reborn
His Birth
Boyfriends
Giving Ourselves To Each Other
Another Surprise
Results
Our Time With Maxwell
Forgiveness
Bad News 2.0
Promise Me 2.0
New Year's Eve
You Promised Me
"Would You Troy..."
Marriage and the Future

Unexpected Visit

585 70 16
By AriesAngeloAuthor

*TROY*

October flew by and it was a couple of days before Thanksgiving. I was finally able to go back to the office. Mr. Kingston told me if I ever embarrass him in front of anyone, he'll fire me on the spot. I've been on my best behavior. Rowen has been busy and I've hardly seen him ever since I came back to the office. We've been working nonstop on the design I sketched for our client we met in New York. His name was Mr. Coleman and he's a very nice man. He's even sent Troy and me a bottle of wine. He's been very pleased with our work that he's recommending Kingston Design Corps to his colleagues. It made Rowen very happy and more relaxed. He's been moody and on edge this past couple of weeks. I've asked him what's going on and he's told me not to worry about it.

I glanced at the calendar on my laptop and noticed it was almost Thanksgiving. I could feel an ache poke me inside my heart. I was with Espian last year. I remembered he got a fever and he scared the crap out of me. I closed my eyes as I knew I needed to move on with my life. Baby Espian was born and James sends me pictures of him almost every day. He was the cutest baby ever. He opened his eyes and they were the brightest ocean blue with his chubby cheeks. He was my godson and I'll do anything for him.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for Thanksgiving. I'll call Jake and see what he's up too, he usually always goes with his parents and I haven't seen him in forever. I feel bad that I missed his graduation, hell, I forgot to walk myself this summer. Come to think of it, I need to go get my diploma at school. I'm almost done with work today, maybe I could ask Rowen if I could leave early today. I got up and headed to his office.

I saw Ivy coming towards me but she never made eye contact with me, she simply passed me and never acknowledged my presence. What the fuck?! This girl has issues. A lot of them.

I'm approaching Rowen's office when I'm hearing shouting. "What the fuck do you mean that you don't need my father's help?!"

"That's right, we've got several new accounts and we don't need your help anymore," I heard Rowen say calmly.

I put my ear on the door when I heard footsteps coming towards the door. "This isn't over Rowen, my dad will hear about this," the door swung open as my body fell inside.

"Who the fuck are you? Were you hearing our conversation?" He glared at me as I saw his jaw clench.

"Hmm..," I stuttered as this 6ft handsome man stood above me, his chest heaved as his green eyes pierced into mine when suddenly his tense face started to relax.

"Troy, is everything alright?" I heard Rowen's voice from afar. This guy kept staring at me as a smile curve formed on his lips.

"Troy, Aaron Carlton," he stretched his hand.

"Was just leaving," Rowen approached from behind as Aaron slowly dropped his hand. He smirked at me as he fixed his jacket which I noticed his broad shoulder.

Aaron winked at me as he passed me, leaving his strong masculine aroma lingering throughout our proximity. "Woah, who was that?" I was intimidated but curious about him.

"Someone you don't want as a friend, everything good?" He forced a smile as the light from behind him made his eyes glow. I knew Rowen was handsome but right now he's radiating pure energy that is making him more attractive. I glanced at his lips as they were calling my name. His skin glowed as if he just got a facial. I know he's a couple of years older than me but he doesn't look like it. His skin was delicate with no age mark whatsoever. "Hmm is someone there?" He waved his hand in front of my face as I snapped back into reality.

"Sorry...I...was just, never mind," he smirked as he crossed his arms. His blue eyes now aligned with mine. "I was wondering if I could leave early so I could pick up my diploma?"

"Yeah, that's fine by me, you need a ride?" He asked but I wanted to do my own thing today.

"It's fine. I need to be alone today," his handsome smile never left and I admired it.

"Alright, I need to talk to my dad. Send me a message if you want to hang out tonight," he winked at me as he passed by me. I took a whiff of his masculine aroma and I was dumbfounded. Why am suddenly attracted to Rowen? I walked out of his office and headed towards my car.

I sat in my car and contemplated even getting my diploma. I mean, it's going to be there and I don't need it at the moment. I glanced at my watch and it was almost 6 pm. Shit, are they even open? I got out of my car and quickly walked to the admissions office. They closed at 5 pm so I didn't fucken make it.

The sun had almost disappeared as the dark sky had an orange ring far in the horizon. The campus lights turned on as I saw students heading to their night classes. I smiled as I remembered my days on campus. How I partied and didn't give a crap about sleeping around. I nodded my head as a smile formed on my lips, the good old days but Espian changed me. He made me want to be with someone, with him. I want that magic again but I can't seem to let Espian go. I need a sign, anything.

I'm walking down the main walkway as I turned to the swimming pool auditorium, my heart broke, that's where Espian won his swimming competition and that's the night he was taken from me. I slowly approached the entrance as I saw the lights were on. I pulled the door open and walked inside. The entrance was full of trophies and pictures of past teams. I slowly walked as the clack of my shoes was all that echoed through the walls. I scanned the glass shrines of pictures of past teams celebrating their wins. I slowly approached a shrine with white flowers around it. It was a picture of Espian smiling after he won and then there was a picture of me kissing him. I touched the glass as my heart broke but it jumped at the same time. "I miss you honey badger," tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Hey," I turned around as a guy with long black hair and blue eyes gazed at me. He looked familiar.

"Hey," I wiped my tears as I felt a bit embarrassed to show this side of me.

"You're Espian boyfriend right?" He held his backpack as his hair was a bit damp.

"Hmm, I was his boyfriend."

He looked down. "Yeah sorry. I didn't know him that long but the time I did. He was a sweet guy and I'm sorry for what happened to him."

I took a deep breath as I swallowed the knot in my throat. "Yeah, I am too." I glanced back at his photo.

"My name is Julian, just in case you don't remember. I'll leave you alone but hey if it helps. I lost my best friend to a drug overdose. He was like a brother to me but I could tell in your eyes that it's hard for you to let Espian go," I could tell his eyes got a bit glossy.

"If you don't let him go, it will consume you and you won't ever be happy," a tiny smile appeared on his face.

"Thank you," I nodded at him.

"No problem, well I'll see you around," he waved as he left the building.

I took one last glance at his picture. I touched the glass as I smiled. "Until we meet again my little honey badger," I walked out and headed to my car.

I drove and drove. I didn't know where I was going until I heard the waves from a distance. The night was chilly but it was bearable. I parked on the street near the beach. I grabbed my jacket from the trunk as I walked down to the beach. There were a few people around, some were holding hands and walking on the sand, others were jogging on the pavement. What was I doing here? I'm not sure, maybe the serenity of the beach called me. I finally reached the sand as I took my dress shoes off and my socks as well. I folded the bottom part of my pants and began walking towards the calming sound of the waves.

I looked up at the night sky as it was clear from pollution. I saw a myriad of stars twinkle as one star was bursting in a blue flame. A warm fuzzy feeling lingered inside me. I smiled as the sound of the waves became louder but was very calming. The sand was feeling wetter so I decided to sit on the dry part of the sand. I took in the chilly air as I could practically taste the salt from the ocean. I closed my eyes and asked the universe for an answer, any answer.

I heard feet digging into the sand as I saw a shadow of a body behind me. I glanced up as I saw a tall man with glasses and short blonde hair was standing behind me. He was gazing at the ocean like if I didn't exist. His eyes slowly glanced at me and smiled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you, isn't it a beautiful night?" He smiled as he parked right next to me.

"You don't mind do you?"

"It's a public beach, isn't it?" I scoffed.

"I could leave if you rather be alone?"

"It's fine, I need to get home," I got up.

"Troy, you called for me, now you have me?" His eyes glowed. I slowly sat down. He didn't seem threatening or harmful. He had a peaceful glow around him as he smirked. "Sit and let's talk," he gazed back at the ocean as I sat close to him.

"Who are you?"

"You won't believe me if I told you," his eyes still memorizing the ocean.

"Try me."

"Do you believe in angels?"

I swallowed hard as my heart started to beat faster. Was I dreaming? I need to wake up.

"You're not dreaming Troy," a small chuckle escaped his mouth.

"Who are you?" I asked again.

"I'm the angel of Destiny or you can call me Ian," his voice was calm. I was calm. His presence was magical.

"Troy, I don't have a lot of time but your heart called me and that's why I'm here. What's the matter?" His magical eyes gazed at me. I couldn't form words just thoughts and boy were they running wild.

"Hmm...," my hands were shaking. I really wanted to ask him about...

"He's fine but I'm here for you," did he know what I was going to ask?

"Yes, I know what you were going to ask. Espian is fine, he's up there with his mom and brother. Troy, burying yourself in self-pity isn't going to get you anywhere. You're on the right path you just need to open your eyes and see what you have in front of you," a sudden jolt sparked my heart.

"He's closer than you think," he added.

"Who is closer?"

"Your soulmate," he smiled as he glanced at the ocean. I glanced at the waves myself as I saw a blue light glow when the water would hit the sand.

"Soulmate?"

He chuckled. "You're very oblivious but in time you'll see but Troy, your destiny wasn't with Espian, open your eyes and you'll see it," he picked up his hand and wiped the sand off.

I thought carefully but it wasn't coming to my thoughts. He shook his head as he laughed. "Well I have to go but Troy, he is closer than you think, just open your eyes. There will be a few obstacles along the way but it will make your bonds even stronger, trust me I know," he smirked as he got up.

"Can I ask you a quick question?"

"Of course," I glanced up at him.

"Why wasn't Espian meant for me?" I choked on my words but I needed to know.

"Espian changed you as a person, that was his destiny. We are all meant to do something in life and he did now it's time to fulfill your destiny," I glanced at the ocean.

"And when will that...," Ian was gone, disappeared. I turned around and saw him standing behind me. His blue eyes glowed towards me as he stood frozen.

"Rowen? What are you doing here?"

"I come to the beach when I feel lonely."

My heart swelled as his handsome smile beamed at me. Could he be the one?!

******
Ian is a character from my story Forbidden Fate which is on the Chapters app.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

486K 15.2K 28
One was a nerdy chess player. The other was an outspoken jock. But they both had a secret. A secret they unknowingly shared. Until one day it came o...
188K 5.8K 28
| Novel | Version 1 ~ Published early 2018 ~ Burdened with undeniable romantic feelings for his best friend, Greyson feels as if his life has becom...
11.9K 563 21
(Book 2) Killian Cortez spent his whole life trying to live up to his parents impossible standards. When his older brother ends up in a coma from a f...
6.5K 371 12
[COMPLETED] When Eli found his boyfriend having sex with his best friend, he was shattered. Tyler and Tony were the only people other than his family...