The Definition Of A Princess(...

By mary4561

A Whattpad recommended book Debbie Morgan-Jensen is told she's a princess in an unideal setting. As well as d... More

Come Again
Why?
A New Way
Goodbye
Uncomfortable Truths
I Need To Be Able To Trust You
Knowing Your Place
Party
Reality
Hostile
The Interview
The Engagement
First State Visit
First Tour
Family
Changes
Caution
Antonio
Love And Hate
Love
Update
Importance
Loved
England
Mother
Married
Good News
Betrayal
The Apology
The Talk
The Summons
Moving On
New Normal
Strength
Friends
New Beginings
New Chapter
Victoria's Story
The Future
William's Story
Teaser
Prince Johan

Birthday Surprise

24 5 0
By mary4561

Then she goes and see Antonio's family who were staying in the palace on another floor. Princess Maria and her family were in the dinning room having breakfast.

"Good morning everyone".

Antonio parents greet her, "Good morning did you manage to get him out the way for most of the day dear?"

"Yes your majesty", answers Debbie.

"Good good",  says her mother-in-law. "Congratulations on your new sibling to be".

Debbie take a seat at the dining table, "Thank you ma'am".

Debbie's mother was now pass the three month mark and everything was okay with her little brother health wise. The public was told about the baby and congratulation messages from presidents. Kings and the general public had flooded their royal family's social media account.

Debbie looks at Antonio's family, in the five years since she's met them Princess Maria got married to a prince from a Nordic country and was expecting their first child. His other sisters had graduated university and was now doing royal engagements full time.

"Diego is sleeping in I see I guess he's busy with his new lady love", Maria winks at Debbie and she smiles.

"I'm glad you guys are staying for couple days".

"So are we Debora", says Antonio's father. "It's  not often we get to see Antonio I wouldn't miss this party for all the tea in China".

Debbie laughs at the old fashion expression use, "The guest are coming at five o'clock. I'm hoping by eight o'clock the party will be over that way we can all spend time with Antonio as a family for a few hours on his birthday. The party will the typical buffet food but we will have a proper sit down feast of Spanish food cooked by one of the Spanish royal chef for the family only get together. Debbie turns to Antonio's father, "Thank you for lending me your chef".

He smiles at her, "You wanted to give my son a taste of home. I'm grateful you love him enough to do that".

"I do".

"We can all tell", says Princess Maria. "It's clear for all to see your marriage is a love match and not one of convenience. The same goes for your mother and father's relationship". Debbie thought Maria sounded slightly bitter.

Debbie looked at Maria and her husband Prince Lucas and for the first time wondered if her friend was unhappy in her marriage. She knew Maria being the practical person she was. Ask her parents to find her a suitable husband and married him not long after meeting him.

"Debora", Debbie is bought out her thought by the king calling her name.

"Yes your majesty".

"Are you alright my dear I was calling you for sometime".

Debbie notices Maria looking at her funny, "Yes I'm sorry about that".

"I was saying since we're finished with breakfast my daughters should help you prepared for the party. My wife and I have an appointment with your parents".

"Okay sure that sounds like a plan I'll meet everyone in the living room in thirty minutes to go over the plans for tonight".

Debbie goes and see the children in the nursery they were still sleeping. She decides to not wake them up. Instead she looks in on the bedrooms she was having decorated for each of the twins.

She and Antonio thought it best they had their own rooms once they reach their first birthday. The nursery would turn into a playroom till she got pregnant again. They decided in a year or two to try for their third and last child so their children would be close in age.

As Debbie met with her sister-in-laws and double check everything was ready for Antonio's party she kept looking at Maria. When their meeting was over she ask to speak to Maria alone. They were in the garden when Debbie turns to her friend.

"This is uncomfortable to ask but you're my friend I need to know if you're unhappy".

"I'm not unhappy Lucas treats me really well as you've seen for yourself over the year and a half we've been together".

"I saw the furlough look on your face when your father said it's clear Antonio loves me".

"Lucas and I".

Debbie turns to her friend, "Lucas and you what?"

"The love isn't there yet we're still getting to know each other".

"And the baby?"

Maria takes Debbie's hand in hers, "We had a moment of weakness and gave in to our feelings".

"So you're both attracted to each other?"

"The truth is I think I love my husband but I don't think he loves me. He was dating someone before me".

"That doesn't mean he loved her or still does, Maria he looks at you like you're his whole world fight for him".

"He's playing his role to perfection the caring husband and father to be".

"Come let's sit".

When they were sat on the bench Debbie look at her friend with concern. "You're going to be queen he will be your consort you will be dealing with a lot of stress as queen. You love him that's a big positive and he cares for you. Talk to him and I mean have a proper conversation with him. You don't want your children growing up seeing their parents fighting each other".

"I'll try, do you think he could love me back?"

"Only your husband can answer that I'm afraid".

Irene comes over to Debbie and Maria, "Sweetie your father needs to speak to you. Hello Maria how are you?"

Maria stands and curtsy to the queen, "I'm well thank you ma'am".

"I'm sorry I need to go can we pick this conversation up later?"

"Sure maybe tomorrow," Princess Maria looks at Debbie and smile.

Debbie hugs Maria tightly and leaves with her mother, "What does dad want to talk to me about?"

"I can't tell you".

Debbie got scared was her grandfather sick again or was her father sick now. She opens his study door and take a very deep breath.

Her father was sitting behind his desk looking through some papers she observes him and was glad to notice he seems very calm. Debbie breathes a sigh of relief. If he was sick or his dad was he wouldn't be able to concentrate like he was doing.

"Hi daddy, mom said you wanted to see me".

Her father studies her, "Sit it's nothing bad we need to discuss your workload it needs to be increased I'm afraid. You've been a working Royal for almost six years now and your grandfather and I think you're ready for more responsibility.
From today you get to make some sole decisions regarding the royal family without me. My brother and his family need to see you make decisions independently of me. Instead of them coming to me for advice or yes and no decisions I'll be sending an email round they must come to you first. My job as king brings with it a vast workload and I need to delegate as someone once said to me".

"Thank you Daddy for having faith in me I actually have an idea about William. Since it will be a while until my little brother is born and doing engagements William will be the only younger male member of the family. I think we should use him as best we can".

Debbie tells Alexsander the idea she has for William as he listens intently.

"I never would have thought of that but it makes sense especially with what's happening with Victoria right now. We will wait till we know what her future will be. Then if what I think will happen with her does then we put your plans in place. Her brother can't overshadow her, tell me is Antonio still with Diego?"

"Yes".

"They're due back in a hour his family want to see him before the party".

When Antonio walked into the receiving room with Diego he was surprise to see all his immediate family there.

"Mom, Dad", he hugs his parents then turns to Debbie. " I thought we were having a family dinner".

Debbie's smiles lovingly at him, "We technically are later after your party which starts at five and finishes at 8pm on the dot".

Antonio looks at all his immediate family member then at his wife, "Thank you so much for this I've missed them so much".

"I know you've have", she hugs him.

Antonio's party was fun and entertaining and he loved the live musical guests. Later than night he and Debbie were in the bath together. "Did you have fun today?" She ask him.

"I did thank you for planning my party and getting my family here and knowing they're staying for couple days is the icing on a wonderful day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488 16 8
"I need her back in my life". 43-year old Omar Abdullah knew he made a big mistake in divorcing his wife, Farah. He didn't see it at first, but howev...
908 400 21
He was born second, but rose to first. He needed to accept that after five years. 16 and 22, now he's grown to 21 but the other was still 22. The tho...
46.6K 1.1K 18
Alice Christensen is diagnosed with leukemia. To secure a bone marrow donation, she makes a marriage pact with a young Prince AndrΓ© of Denmark but th...