I don't even know your name

By Anastasianoor

Shawn Mendes the pop sensation has everything in his life which he has dreamt of. He is heartthrob, rich, fam... More

Prince of Pop
Shining staršŸŒŸ
A Little more wait
Belong to Music
Keeping my distance
Falling all in you
Ruin
Healing heart
Pride over Love (Part 1)
Pride over Love (Part 2)
We were made to breakšŸ’”
Perfectly Wrong
No reason to stay (Part-1)
No reason to stay (Part-2)
New Beginnings
Only Friends
Time is the best medicine
Must be Love
Friend Game (Part-1)
Friend Game (Part-2)
Song for you
Broken
Night In the Club
Courage
Always Been You (Part-1)
Always Been You (Part-2)
Moms know
Questions
Piece Of You
Can't Let Go
Finally We Met (Part-1)
Finally We Met (Part-2)
Beauty In Loveā¤ļø

Flashback

403 26 0
By Anastasianoor

Flashback;

14 year old Shawn was standing with his friends talking about random stuff. The place was so crowded that he could lost in the crowd very easily. Shawn came first time in LA along with his viner friends. Teen festival was a biggest opportunity for youngsters to display their talent. Alot of popular people were expected to visit the festival. He and his other Canadian Friends who used to make vines also caught by the eyes of  the organizers and were invited to perform in the event. It was a huge step for Shawn in beginning of his career. Shawn was standing in his own thoughts when he got distracted by the group of girls who were whispering something to one another, then looked at him and started laughing.
Shawn felt so uncomfortable, he asked ,
"Cameron!! Is there anything on my face or on my nose, see" He pointed towards his face. Cameron laughed, "No... but why are you asking?"

"Look that group of girls is constantly looking at me and laughing." Shawn said while looking at girls who were now staring at Cameron. Cameron winked at them and the girls started blushing while arguing to each other in confusion that whom did he wink at.

"What was this?" Shawn asked Cameron.
"Shawn you are so innocent... Those girls were trying to flirt with you and when you acted weird, their attention diverted to me, so I flirted back that's it."
Shawn was confused at what Cameron just told him, Is that what we called flirting, laughing at someone, making them uncomfortable. What kind of shit is this.

"Where is that noise coming from" Nash asked.
"From everywhere Nash, just look at how much crowd is there" Taylor showed his usual dumbness.
"No, Nash is talking about that shouting and cheering noise, I can hear it too." Jacob told Taylor.

"I think it's from there, look people are walking towards that place."
Cameron pointed a finger towards their right side. They started moving along with other people towards that place. As they reached near where the noise was coming from they saw a huge crowd standing in a circle. There was something going on in the middle.
"There!!!" Nash guided them as they dragged the bench near to the crowd and stood over it to get a better view. They saw 2 group of girls and boys from different schools standing opposite to each other, daring each other to show what they got. A boy was doing a break dance and the crowd was cheering him on. They started to enjoy the whole show as they slowly got involved, clapping, cheering and shouting to hype them up.

"Now this is the last dare". A boy with a blue t-shirt, baggy jeans and a cap on his head declared in the mic. His team was winning with 5 points.
" Send the best singer from your team and the twist is that if you'll win this round you guys would get 5 extra points"

His team mates started to snatch mic from him stopping him not to do this stupid shit cuz what if they lost? but he satisfied them by saying that there is no way they are gonna win cuz he is a really good singer. Well... pride hath a fall.

So he started singing a rap song. No doubt, he was good at it cuz people started to dance and clap with his beats and dance moves. A loud cheering and screaming was everywhere when he stopped. Suddenly the opposite team pushed the girl in the middle. She stood their with a mic in her hand but spoke nothing for a while, everyone's attention was on her. She seemed little bit shy looking at the crowd. Shawn and his friends couldn't look at her face cuz she was standing with her back turned towards them.

"Come on!!! Turn around, I wanna see your face" Taylor said desperately.

She had a denim jacket and a black skirt. Her hair were long black spreaded on her back went as down as they could view cuz of crowd. Shawn was also now curious to see her face but didn't say anything thing unlike his friends. Supporters of the opposite team started to call them losers. Slowly the voices were becoming louder.

"Why the fuck she ain't singing anything" Cameron said.

"Maybe she feels shy in public." Shawn didn't know why he already tried to defend her.

"Or maybe she doesn't know how to sing" Nash added

"But why would they send her then" Jacob said.

I remember years ago
Someone told me I should take
Caution when it comes to love
I did, I did

The murmuring in the crowd began to fade away as she started singing.

And you were strong and I was not
My illusion, my mistake
I was careless, I forgot
I did
And now when all is done
There is nothing to say
You have gone and so effortlessly
You have won
You can go ahead tell them

And she turned towards Shawn  and his friends to face her own friends in the middle.
"Hollyshit" Shawn turned to see Jacob whose mouth was now hanging open.

Tell them all I know now

Her voice got more louder, crowd was clearly amazed by her high notes, it gave them goosebumps. Shawn was mesmerised by her voice, he was so into the song that he didn't notice how beautiful she look.

Shout it from the roof tops
Write it on the skyline
All we had is gone now
Tell them I was happy
And my heart is broken
All my scars are open
Tell them what I hoped would be
Impossible, impossible

She ended the song and was standing in shock when crowd was clapping and cheering for her, it was clear she won, their team won. Her teammates were giving her tight hugs, praising her voice. Shawn didn't move his eyes from her.
"Woah!!! this girl was just wow" Cameron said while clapping his hands. Suddenly something came in Shawn's mind and he jumped into the crowd.
" Where are you going" Nash shouted at him.
"I'll be back in a minute" he shouted back while pushing people aside and making his way. Finally he could see her head by tip toeing, cuz of her short height but he couldn't see her fully. She was still standing there surrounded by her group of friends. He tried to move forward but was pushed back by a guy. The area was still crowded but people were dispersing gradually. Shawn hardly reached in the place where she was standing. He stopped putting his hands on his knees and saw her going away with her friends. He tried to speak something to get their attention but was completely out of breath, so he barely put words in the mouth until then she completely disappeared, the last thing , he saw was her back cascaded with long brown hair when she turned towards him looking at something but her friend block his view by bringing her arm in front of her face leaving only her big eyes. Shawn looked on his both sides and realised that he is standing in this crowd completely alone and his effort for not getting lost, during the whole time went in vain. He pulled his phone out and called Nash to tell him that he didn't know where he was standing and which way he had to go. They had their performance in 1hour and his friends were on a mission to find him.
                       ..................................      

"So did you meet that girl?"  They had finished there performance and were sitting backstage preparing for lunch. Out of all the boys Shawn was closer to Nash, he knew what was going on his mind.

"Which girl." Shawn acted like he didn't know any girl.

"The same girl...with pretty cute face, big brown eyes, long beautiful hair and angelic voice" Nash explained realizing Shawn that he knew already.
"Haha, Nash you are good in explaining" Shawn tried to brushed him off.
" I know... So tell me if you've taken her number or not." Nash asked directly.
"No.... Actually I didn't even meet her, she was gone when I reached there." Shawn sadly told.

"That's not the big issue bud, if you want I can tell you how to meet her" A smile spreaded over Shawn's face.
"I know which school she belongs to, it's in LA." His smile became wider on Nash's revelation.
"But don't tell Jacob, he also seemed to be interested but I didn't tell him anything cuz I knew you liked her." Shawn's jaw clenched but he managed to say "Thanku"
              ........................................

Shawn was standing leaning over a car when he saw a girl from afar. Her hair were still freely flying in the air as she was walking quickly towards him. She was wearing the same denim from the festival but different floral skirt. She was simple but so attractive. There was something about her which made Shawn so much fallen for her. Her smile, it was beautiful but her eyes were more beautiful. He was confused what made him to fall for the girl he saw for once, so bad.... Maybe her voice. He thought. He was quickly pulled out of his thoughts when she came near to him.

" So you want an autograph or a picture or maybe my number or you want me to date you?" She said bluntly. Shawn was already nervous and he had gone completely blank on her reaction.
"Wh.... What" The only word he managed to say.
"Don't you want my number like every other guy with whom Sam had introduced me to." The blonde guy standing beside her started to scratch his head on her statement. He was definitely Sam, the guy through which Nash had manage to arrange my meeting with that girl.

"Sam really had some weird kinda friends" The tall brunette girl, probably her friend said, glaring at Sam.
"No actually I just want your autograph." He didn't know what to say, so he tried not to get embarrassed anymore.
"Really" She laughed loudly but it only made Shawn to stare at her more cuz she looked so beautiful when she was laughing.
"I'm not a celebrity, but I can give you an autograph if you want, so where you wanna get that.... " she asked
"Maybe.....on his ass." the same tall girl added and bursted out into laughter. Sam gave Shawn a sorry look.
"No, I'll prefer my arm actually" he said making girl to feel guilty on her comment.

"So can you plzz hold my books." She asked Shawn handing him books she was holding and then pulling her marker out of her pocket, started writing on his arm.
"How many boys approached you for your number" Her, touching his arm to hold it in place to write, made him slightly brave, so he asked.

"Not so many but I think....5, if y'll add Jacob cuz I made him to run before he even asked my number." She told him.
"Jacob?" He said with surprise look. That stupid ass reached there before him. He thought.
"Yup a boy named Jacob by the way, what's your name."she asked.
"My name?.. I'm Luke." He said looking at sam to know if he knew his name, but the look on his face said that he didn't know anything about him except that he's Nash's friend.
"Okay I've to go", she said taking back her books.
Shawn didn't leave till she got out of sight. He reached to the place where Nash was waiting for him,
"So how was it?" Nash asked the first thing when he saw him.
"Really bad" he replied straight and then told him everything which happened, warning him not to tell anything about him to sam cuz he wasn't interested anymore. But in his brain, he was making plans of approaching her when he would get mature and would be able to ask her out for the date. They were in the car going straight to the airport to get back to Toronto when a thought made him feel like there was something stucked in his throat. He didn't ask her name' what the fuck!, he only knew her school and nothing else. Now how he would get the information, he couldn't ask Nash again for what happened before. He was going to celebrate his 15th birthday next week. He decided he would find a way to get more information about her when he would visit LA next time. But he didn't know, she won't be there anymore.

Flashback ended*
              ........................................

"Who the hell is calling at 7am" Shawn groand in the pillow while looking at the clock with his sleepy eyes. He had returned from California,one day ago to spend some time in Pickering with his family. He was dreaming of the beautiful girl who often came in his dreams when his phone rang to woke him up. He lifted his phone to see the name on display, he really wasn't in mood to talk with. But he had to pick up the call or she would fly to Canada from next flight.

"What happened Hailey?", He asked yawning.

"Do your girlfriend has to wait for something to happen, to call you? Haven't you realise that we didn't talk to each other for more than 2 weeks." Hailey said wanting to make him feel guilty for his behavior but instead he got angry.

"First of all, Hailey I told you, I've never claimed you my girlfriend. It was you who told everyone to show your friends and other people that you are dating Shawn Mendes and second of all if I don't claim you my girlfriend than I'm not responsible to entertain you when you are bored."
Shawn wasn't in a mood and what Hailey said made him angrier.

"Shawn what are you talking about, if  I  am not your girlfriend than what I am to you. You know.. I thought you loved me and I told everyone that you are my boyfriend even you didn't ask me out cuz I fuckin love you" Hailey tried to emotionally blackmail him cuz she knew it's very easy trap for him. 

"Oh come on Hailey, don't act all innocent now, you know that why you started hanging out with me, your only purpose was to make Justin jealous, wasn't it? Who are you fooling..Hun" He snapped.

"Okay Shawn I accept that but it was all in the start, now it's over, I only love you..."
"But not me... " Shawn interrupted her. " I don't love you... So don't call me again, do you understood? bye!" He ended the call and threw his phone on bed then sat straight on bed with hands, clutching in his hair. Suddenly something came in his mind, he stood up from the bed and started walking towards the drawer of his dressing table. He pushed the drawer open and pulled out an old diary. He sat there on the floor and began to flip through the pages, then stopped on a page with a date :
20-07-2014.

Oh, you waited so long
Sometimes it's hard to stand out
And you don't have to do anything else
But be yourself, oh
And you, you dressed up so nice
But all I could see was your eyes
And the crowd came and pulled you away
And then you were gone
Oh, yeah

And I don't even know your name
All I remember is that smile on your face
And it'll kill me everyday
'Cause I don't even know your name
Ooh everywhere that I go
I'll see your face and it kills me to know
That you never know what you did to me
And now you were gone, yeah I can't stop thinkin' about you

'Cause I don't even know your name
All I remember is that smile on your face
And it'll kill me everyday
'Cause I don't even know your name
Yeah, I don't even know your name

I'm running, I'm searching
And I don't know where to start
I'm dying my love you punched a hole right through my heart
And I won't stop, stop looking
'Till I hold you in my arms
'Cause I'm running, I'm running I'm running

And I don't even know your name
All I remember is that smile on your face
And it'll kill me everyday
'Cause I don't even know your name

The words written on the page reminded him of the time when he was sitting backstage of a concert in LA  and writing them on his diary. He was there because he was one of the opening act of Austin Mahone tour. The first thing he did when reached there was to find her....but only thing he came to know was that girl didn't study in that school anymore. He didn't have enough resources at that time to get more information about her. So there he was writing the song, thinking how he would get over her.
"I don't even know your name" he said to himself with a smile on his face and close the diary.
            .........................................

"Brian!!! I'm busy now, look I'm working on shawn's documentary." Connor told Brian turning his laptop towards him.

"What the fuck bro, it's not a working day, we gathered to have some fun, Am I right Shawn?" Brian tried to gain Shawn's attention who was busy in his phone and sipping drink.

"Yeah" Shawn said still looking in the phone. They all were gathered  at Shawn's condo in Toronto to play FIFA.

"Now give me your laptop. I need all the videos from Malibu and Shawn's birthday party." Brian snatched Connor's laptop and connected it with USB.
"Alright!! y'll never gonna stop." Connor said in defeat. "It's in folder named Malibu 2019" He added. Brian was going through the folder when suddenly something caught his attention.

"What is it??" Brian asked about a certain video in the folder.

"This... That's the girl I recorded in a bar in Malibu, she had the most beautiful voice, I've ever listened to." Connor told him. Shawn was still busy in his phone not paying attention what they were saying.
"Let's listen then how beautiful, it was." and Brian clicked the video on. As soon as the voice dropped in Shawn's ear, he looked up at Brian and started walking towards him.

"What is this? Let me see." He said making space beside Brian on sofa. As soon as he saw who the girl was, his face turned dark shade of pink and his heart started beating abdruptly. He snatched the laptop from Brian and looked closely zooming it in.

"Is there everything alright?"Brian asked while Connor was looking at Shawn in confusion.

"Where did you get this?" He asked looking in the laptop. Connor didn't reply.
"I said where did you get this video??" Shawn said aggressively.

"I already told, I've made this in Malibu. I was in a bar when this girl came to sing so I recorded her , that's it." Connor said with a 'what the fuck' look.

"You don't know anything else about her, her name? " he asked curiously.

"As I said Shawn I just recorded her and then she was gone but yes they announced her name... I think it was something like Mila or... sorry I don't remember" Connor said. Brian was looking at Shawn who was taking deep breaths still staring at the laptop. He now realised what's going on with Shawn, tried to ask,"Is it..."

"Yes..." Shawn cut Brian."It's the same girl.... Call Andrew and tell him to book tickets for next possible flight for California. We are leaving for Malibu and Connor you are coming with us." Shawn declare before standing up and taking laptop with him in his room.
"But.." Connor tried to ask Shawn what's the matter but Brian cut him by giving him a look that said 'I would tell you later.'
             ....................................

(Plz vote and comment to let me know your opinion about this book..💓)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 1K 10
Camila is signed on as the newest member of a rock band, but must also act as the lead singer's girlfriend. She doesn't mind, until she starts to tru...
39.3K 1.2K 53
Journey of two strangers from being friends to become loversā¤ļø This book is based on real life love story of two amazing famous singers Shawn Mendes...
14.1K 1.1K 20
He's loved her from afar since he first laid eyes on her, she's thought about him everyday since the day they met. An indecent proposal between frie...
41.5K 2K 22
Shawn is a singer who had a smash hit ten years ago. Camila is an aspiring songwriter. When Shawn hires Camila to help him write his comeback album...