You're the One

By Thompson1317

Love. A thing that can cause you happiness and pain. Being in love is never easy, especially if it doesn't en... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Sneek Peak of New Book
New Book
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Important Author's Note
Chapter 14
Important Author's Note
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 4

3.6K 146 20
By Thompson1317

Recap:

"What happened," I ask as Hope puts her phone on the counter.

"Somehow, the girls found out that you work at the hospital," Hope tells me.

My eyes widen, "What?!"

I feel my pager go off in my pocket. "Great," I say when I see what's on it.

"What is it?" Hope asks.

"I'm needed back at the hospital."
———

Present

Tatum's POV:

"Hey, what's up?" I ask Hailey as I walk into the hospital.

"There is no medical emergency," Hailey says making me stop walking.

"So why was I paged?" I ask her as she stands in front of me.

"Please don't be angry," Hailey say making me glare at her a little.

"What is it?" I ask.

"There is a room full of a bunch of soccer players that won't leave unless they see you," Hailey says making my face drop.

"I guess they're stuck here then," I say as I turn around.

"Nope. Not happening," Hailey says quickly standing in front of me, "You are going to go into that room, right now Tatum. I understand that you are hurt, but it can't be like that forever. Please, Tatum."

I sigh, "Fine. What room are they in?"

"They are in the extra room next to Christen's," Hailey says.

"Alright, I'll see you later," I say walking towards the room.

Once I get to the room, I stand in front of the door. I hear talking coming from inside and I open the door. The room becomes silent as everyone turns their head towards me. I notice the people in here, Alex, Carli, Ashlyn, Ali, Jessica, Crystal, Julie, and Kelley. Then some new players I haven't met, Sam Mewis, Emily Sonnett, Rose Lavelle, and Mallory Pugh, and Lindsey Horan.

"Hey," I say breaking the silence.

Carli starts to walk over to me and smiles once she stands in front of me. She pulls me into her and I hug her back. "Hey, kiddo," Carli says as she hugs me.

"Hi, Carli," I say quietly.

Crystal and Jessica come up next and both pull me in for a hug.

Next is Alex. She walks over and stands in front of me. "I'm so sorry," Alex says before pulling me into a hug.

"It's ok," I say and Alex pulls away.

Ali walks up and doesn't say anything. Shr just quickly pulls me in for a hug. "Hey, Ali," I say as I hug her.

"Hi," she responds then she lets go.

Kelley stands there looking at the ground. "Kelley," I ask making her look up at me, "Did you know?"

Kelley quickly shakes her head. "I had no idea, Tatum. I would of told you," she says quickly.

"Ok," I say as I look at her.

I open my arms and Kelley smiles before running into me. "I missed you so much," Kelley says as she tightly holds onto me.

"I missed you too," I say as I tighten my hold on her.

After Kelley, Julie walks over and I smile.

Julie then let's go and I look at the new players I haven't met before. "Hi, everyone. I'm Tatum Solo," I say and most of their eyes go wide.

"As in Hope Solo?" Emily asks.

"Yes, I'm her sister," I say and they still look amazed.

Before anything else is said, there is a knock on the door. "Hey," Hailey says walking in, "Can I talk to you?"

Hailey points at me and I nod. I walk out of the room and stand in the hallway. "What's up?" I ask.

"Christen wants to see you," Hailey says making the small smile on my face drop.

"Not happening," I tell Hailey.

"Tobin isn't in the room. Williams has to take her to run some check up tests. Just talk to her, Tatum," Hailey tells me.

"Why? After everything she put me through," I say and Hailey looks at sympathetically.

"I know, but you're going to need to talk to her at some point," she says making me sigh.

"Alright, fine," I say and Hailey smiles a little.

"Go ahead," she says pointing at Christen's door.

I take a deep breath and knock I. The door before walking in. "Tatum," Christen says surprised as I walk in.

"Hey," I say as I stand by the wall.

"I didn't think you would come in," Christen says.

"I didn't think I would either," I say looking at the ground.

"I'm sorry," Christen says making me look up at her.

"Why?" I ask making her confused, "Why did you and Tobin have to do that? If you guys had feelings for each other, you just should of told me instead of cheating on me."

"I wanted to, Tatum. I wanted to, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't want to hurt you," Christen says making me scoff.

"So you think that cheating on me wouldn't of hurt me?" I ask making Christen sigh.

"I trusted both of you so much and you both knew that, but instead of being honest, you lie and go behind my back," I say and I see tears start to trickle down Christen's cheeks.

I huff as I look at the ground. Christen is about to say something before the door to the room is open making my body tense. "Tatum," I hear Tobin say quietly.

"I thought you had a check up," I say as I turn to face her.

"I did, it's done though," Tobin says making me nod.

"Well, I'm going to go," I say.

"Please don't," Tobin says.

"I'm not going to have whatever conversation you're planning on in a hospital room," I say and I turn to face Christen, "I hope you feel better soon."

After that I walk past Tobin and walk out of the room. Instead of going back to the room where the rest of the girls are, I walk outside and sit on a bench.

I look down at the ground and place my hand in my hands. I take a deep breath and sigh.

"Hey," I hear making me look up.

"Hey, Ali," I say sitting up.

"You ok?" She asks as she sits next to me.

"I think I will be," I say and Ali places her hand on top of mine.

"Just to let you know, after what happened, the team tore Christen and Tobin to shreds," she says making me laugh.

"Hope told me," I tell her.

"Don't even get me started with Hope," Ali says making me laugh harder, "Hope would of physically torn them to shreds if no one held her back."

I smile at the thought of my sister standing up for me. That's all she has ever done since I was born.

"Tatum!" Hailey shouts running out, "Let's go," she says handing me my lab coat.

"I gotta go," I tell Ali.
———
3 hours later

I sigh as I start to change. "The surgery was a success," Hailey says walking into the changing room.

"That's great," I say with a smile as I put my shirt on.

"Also, take tomorrow off," Hailey says as close my locker.

"Why? I'm supposed to work tomorrow," I say as I face her.

"You need a break," Hailey says and I sigh.

"Alright," I say as I grab my things.

"I'll see you in two days," I tell Hailey.

"See you little cuz," she says making me roll my eyes and causing her to laugh.

I walk out of the room and make my way down the hallway. "Hello," Julie says appearing next to me out of nowhere making me jump.

"Sorry," Julie says with a laugh.

"It's fine," I say with a small laugh, "Why are you still at the hospital?"

"I needed to talk to Christen and Tobin," she says making my eyes go wide.

"What did you do?" I ask her.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," Julie says and I give her a look, "I promise."

"Alright."

"Why did Hailey need you?" Julie asks as we walk out the hospital.

"An emergency surgery," I say once we reach my car.

"Gotcha," Julie says making me smile.

"How are you and Zach?" I ask as I put my things in the car.

"We're ok," Julie says tentatively.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I lean against the car.

"Why would you think something is wrong?" Julie asks me nervously.

"Jules, I can tell," I say making her sigh, "What's wrong?"

"I think Zach and I are just not clicking anymore," she says making me confused .

"What happened?" I ask concerned.

"We've been having more arguments, disagreements, and it's just rough," Julie tells me.

"I'm sorry Jules," I say and I pull her into my arms.

"I don't think he loves me anymore," Julie says quietly and my eyes go wide.

I know what she's feeling. Finding out Christen didn't love me anymore destroyed me.

"Do you still love him?" I ask.

"Yeah," Julie says.

I run my fingers through her hair to comfort her.

"Hey," Zach says pulling his car up next to mine.

"Hey, Zach," I say as I let Julie go.

"You ready, Julie?" Zach asks.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"We have to head back to Philadelphia. We were supposed to leave tomorrow, but something came up," Julie's says making me a little sad.

"Oh," I say quietly.

"Don't worry, Tate. I'll see you soon," Julie says pulling me into her arms.

"Bye, Jules," I say as she lets me go.

"Bye, Tate," she says with a small smile.

Julie gets into the car and my chest tightens a little when Zach kisses her cheek. What the hell? Why am I feeling like that?

Julie smiles at me as they drive off. I watch them till they leave they are out of sight and then I get into the car and lean my head against the steering wheel. "What the fuck is wrong with me?"
————————————————————————
Hey, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed! I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter, but I hope you all liked it. Don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 1.6K 81
Book One from The Ruined Series "I'm a fuck up" "Babygirl, that makes two of us" Jennifer has lived a hard life since she was 4 years old. Growing...
48.5K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
163 5 34
Follow hearts on this journey through love, matchmaking, heartbreak, cheating, grief and friendship "In the presence of others you have to keep yours...
689K 19.8K 49
#𝟐 • 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥'𝐬 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞. ❝Be my girlfriend, Cassie. And I'm not taking no for an answer.❞ ❝I wasn't going to say no.❞ • When your best...