Shortz

By GandalfofspaceAnli

A collection of short prompts, poems, flash fiction etc. written for contests. More

Author's Note
Three Impossible Wishes (Super short fanfic)
Alluring Smile
Merlin's choice
Never Alone
Finding Jia
The Manipulator
An Ordinary's Tale
It's Love
At first sight
The Steampunk Diva
The Other Me
Angel's Love
Super Serious Secret Agent
Knight of the Night
The Queen's Man
The Man, his Baby, and his Blade
The Frenemy
Claus
Of Love and Belonging
The Swordmaster's Woes
It would be you
Gandma Dearest
Together forever
Under the influence

The Reunion

54 7 11
By GandalfofspaceAnli

"Friends don't look at friends that way!" My best friend, Susan, lashes out at me. She has every right to do that, for I had accepted Roger's invitation.

Roger, my first crush. The boy, who had entered my life like a tornado and left me brokenhearted.

***

Roger had caught my eye and trapped my heart as soon as he had set foot in the classroom.

With his big blue eyes, sharp prominent nose, and jaw that could cut steel, he had all the girls swooning over him.

I was swooning over him too, but from a distance.

When all the girls had tried their luck and left, he had smirked and gone back to his book.

Damn that smirk!

I had not realized it, but I was staring at him. He must have felt it, for the next moment, he looked up and caught my eye.

Fuck!

His smirk widened, and he smiled, before going back to reading. As if nothing had happened!

During the weeks that had followed, I tried to avoid him. But somehow, every time I turned, he was right there, looking at me.

Smiling, like he had me all figured out.

Finally, almost a month after our eyes had met, we came face to face at Susan's party once again.

Seven minutes in heaven, that damn game!

I was against playing it since the very beginning. But I had caved when Susan had looked at me pleadingly.

And as luck would have it, out of sixteen names, Roger's name was pulled out with mine.

Amidst disappointed murmurs and angry huffs, Roger pulled me to my feet.

"After you, mate!" He gushed as if he was cool with being locked in a room with another dude for seven minutes straight.

Left with no choice, I followed Roger into the room after giving a withering look to Susan.

Once inside, Roger pushed me against the wall and stepped between my legs.

"Your secret is safe with me." He whispered, caressing the shell of my ear.

Gasping, I tried to push him away unsuccessfully. Chuckling, he caged me between his arms, "Did I scare you?" He teased. His hands moved to my waist and played with the hem of my shirt, "Or, did I turn you on?"

I remained silent.

He leaned away, "Relax. I am not into boys. I was just teasing you." He admitted; I was surprised by the disappointment that flooded me.

"Let's be friends." He suggested out of the blue.

"Mn?"

"Don't avoid me. I am not gonna eat you, you know." He teased again and looked at me. "What say you?" He asked.

"Mn." I nodded, and a smile, soft and genuine, flicker across his face.

Coincidentally, we shared a lot of interests. We started spending a lot of time together, not only at school, but at each other's homes as well.

It was the happiest time of my life. Everything was perfect.

Then it happened, a week before prom, he showed up with Nina at my doorstep.

"Dude, aren't you gonna invite me in?" He asked, entering my home; Nina followed him close behind.

Sneering at me, she made herself comfortable on my couch and plastered herself to Roger's side.

"Dude, it's high time you find yourself a date." Roger suggested casually, and added, "Nina can hook you... "

"That won't be necessary. I am not going." I interrupted, and added, "I am not feeling well, please leave."

I had realized then that I had misunderstood him; had read too much into his lingering touches; his loving gazes.

At the prom, he and Nina were crowned King and Queen as expected. And the day after that, Roger had disappeared.

"He had a family emergency." I had overheard the girls discuss among themselves.

***

"Daniel! Are you even listening to me!?" Susan's shrill voice pierces my ear, and I shake my head. I pull her into my arms, "I am not that naive anymore, Su." I reassure her.

It doesn't help. She gives me a condescending look, "Time doesn't change people, Dan. He was a jerk back then. And he... "

"He hurt me back then, Su. I won't fall for him again. But I need to know. And tonight, I am going to get my answer."

"You idiot! Who are you trying to fool!? It's been five years and you are still not over him!"

Shaking my head, I lead my worried friend out of my apartment, "Trust me, I won't be taken advantage of again."

Susan huffs and walks out, and a few moments later, I leave to meet Roger, who had called that morning, and after idle chit chat, had invited me for dinner.

Mango Grove, the restaurant is high-end and gorgeous. Entering, I introduce myself and am escorted to a private room!

What the hell!?

"Dan, you look gorgeous. I have missed you." He compliments, taking my hands in his.

Are you kidding me right now!?

I nod and sit across him; in silence; staring, drinking each other with our eyes.

Minutes pass. My heart hurts; I can feel my eyes welling up. I lose my cool and blurt out, "You hurt me. You made me feel like a fool."

He gulps and looks away.

"What!? Nothing to say? Should I just leave?"

He shakes his head and avoids eye contact.

"Fuck you!" I yell and stand up, "Su was right. I am a fool." I bite out and turn.

Strong arms encircle my waist, "I had no choice. She had figured out your secret... my secret. She blackmailed me, Dan. I couldn't let her harm you."

"Your secret? But I thought... " I enquire, confused. And he turns me in his arms, "You thought I was not into you!?"

I nod, and he cups my face, "Dan, the way I looked at you then... the way I was looking at you moments ago, friends don't look at friends that way."
He whispers and brings our lips together.

{Note: Word Count 996}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 626 28
روايه اماراتيه تتكلم عن مثايل وحيده امها وابوها الي عانت من الم الانفصال الام : نوره الاب : محمد تاريخ الكتابه : 19/3/2023 تاريخ التنزيل : ..
128K 1.6K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
228K 5.1K 73
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
45.4K 72 15
🤍 if u're not interested, don't report, just dont read!! 🤍