What We Hope For (Sans X Read...

By Grace97721

Everyone has a happy ending. If you're not happy it's not the end . . . . ... More

1~ Home!?
2 ~ Mystery House
3 ~ !THE GREAT PAPYRUS!
4 ~ Looks Like We're Snowd-in
5 ~ Red and Purple Eyed Nightmares
6 ~ Echos of Waterfall
7 ~ The Matchmaker's Plan
8 ~ Missing Memories
9 ~ The Ultimate Slumber Party
Stems of Secrets
Robots and Otaku's
Do I Dare to Take a Risk?
Howdy!
Bad Flower, Mad Skeleton
No More Skipping Leg Day!
Cooking with a killer robot~☆
MTT Mall & Spa
♡Dating Start!♡
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
.Don't believe his lies.
Bio-Blue Gymnasium
The Tell-Tale Heart
All is Forgiven
Time is Relative
This is Halloween 🎃 Part 1
This is Halloween 🎃 Part 2
☆Movie night☆
Nice Cream
Introducing: Goat Mom!
Feast for kings
A battle so brutal
🧁Bake Sale🧁
♡Dating Tense!♡
Christmas Special 🎄 The MTT Late Night Show
Sheriff Who?
No More Lies
You're not drowning
Lovely Morning
The Story's Not Over Yet
A Promise To You
♡Dating Fight!♡
The Bake-Off
☆The Live show☆
True Lab
Tea Time
The calm before...
Taken
Where are you?
HP : Diminishing
Groundhog Day
Hope
An Ending
A/n Afterword
Extra #1~How Sans and the reader met
Extra #2~Genocide AU
Extra #3~Q&A
Extra #4~ Sheriff Hiss' Past
!ANNOUNCEMENT!
Update A/N
SEQUEL IS OUT!
Secret project has now been published!

Face Your Fear

1.8K 71 117
By Grace97721

Alright before the chapter starts I just wanna say. Happy fifth anniversary to Undertale!! 🎉🎉 Wow five years already? I'm feeling old. Well let's get started.
_______________________________________

"Alright your training for the day has ended, and I now have the final results." Mettaton asseses the clipboard he was holding while I struggled to get back up from my painful attempt at a split.

"And how was I?" Oww I'm for sure gonna feel the pain tomorrow.

"How do I put this nicely..." he starts. "You're absolutely horrid." He says with an odd British accent.

That's to put it nicely!?

"You have no balance, your flexibility is worse than I imagined. And, no stamina . . . . . But, you do have knowledge, some grace and while it's very little there is passion. My only question is. Why is it only a flicker instead of a flame?" I wobbled to the side bench and drank some water. I am so sore and sweaty right now it concerns me.

"I don't know. I guess, I'm afraid." Mettaton sits down next to me crossing his legs.

"Y/n I understand how you feel. I used to be afraid too. The spotlight can be too much. But the fears we don't face become our limits. So, don't let this be your limit."

"Wow. That was a good pep talk compared to the beat down you gave me before."

"That's what best friends are for. To support and mock you."

"Hm Thanks. You know what, I think I can push myself a bit more."

"Hahaha very funny darling. But you and I both know that if you continue, you will faint and Sans will have my head. So How about tomorrow?"

I giggle, "okay."

I got my stuff and Mettaton closes the room. As we walk through the gym section we find the group near the weights. Undyne was attempting to break her weight lift record.

And she wasn't playing. I don't think any human would be able to lift what she was.

"30 MORE SECONDS C'MON YOU GOT THIS UNDYNE!"

"Ngahh!!" Half a minute later she lowers the weight.

"Phew! How did I do!" She asks as she drinks from her bottle.

"You crushed it Undyne!" Alphys exclaims. "My girlfriend is so cool!!!"

As Mettaton goes to compliment Undyne. I went to Papyrus. "Hey Papyrus are you having fun?"

"INDEED I AM Y/N!"

"That's good. Also where is Sans."

"HMM I SAW HIM LAST ON THE TREADMILL. BUT I THEN GOT DISTRACTED WITH UNDYNE'S WEIGHT LIFTING. LETS GO CHECK ON HIM!" He start to walk away.

I hastily catch up to him "On the treadmill!...Sans is working out!?"

"I AM AS SURPRISED AS YOU. BUT IT DOES MAKES ME HAPPY THAT MY BROTHER IS BEING PHYSICALLY ACTIVE. MY BROTHER IS TRULY THE BEST!"

I feel a smile form on my face. Yes. Yes he is.

When we get to the treadmills I easily spot Sans sitting down, deep in thought. He soon spots us and pulls that grin he saves for his brother and me.

"BROTHER HOW ARE YOU?"

"sweaty, out of breath, thirsty, regretful. yet never more alive."

"THAT IS THE ADRENALINE TALKING. BUT DOES THIS MEAN THAT YOU WILL BE COMING TO THE GYM WITH US MORE OFTEN!" Papyrus asks excitedly

"nope. besides it's to noisy, crowded and i still don't like excercise. but, i guess i could use the treadmill in my room every once in while."

I lighly tap his forhead. "Hello is that same lazy Sans in there? Or are you his clone? Since when did you exercise?"

He wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer "since today apparently. but no worries i'm still the same me. although, can we go home now? i'm tired."

"OF COURSE BROTHER. I WILL EVEN MAKE SOME CELEBRATORY SPAGH- ETTI FOR THIS AMAZING DAY! WE JUST NEED TO GET FRISK AND MONSTER KID FROM THE POOL AND WE CAN ALL BE ON OUR WAY."

"You left two children alone in the pool!"

"relax sugarbean there is no dangerous monsters around here."

"I know that, my main concern is the pool itself."

I make my way over to the pool the two following from behind. Thankfully Frisk and Monster Kid were okay. I also notice that it is now completely empty with only the two of them in the pool. Aren't there any life guards here?

"you see sugarbean. nothing to worry."

"Yeah. Nothing except the fact that you guys have no common sense sometimes. I'm gonna go and get changed." I mutter.

Soon after, Undyne, Alphys and Frisk enter and go to their respective stalls to change. Frisk told me that Monster Kid already went home to his parents. And I get a text from Mettaton saying he had to leave for a photo shoot followed along with a kiss emoji.

Welp...

I walk out of the changing room and it seems like I was the first one finished. So I took a seat on one of the chairs, stared at the water and waited.

Today was different and really fun. I mean since I've met Frisk, everyday has been different. But I'm glad it is. If I stayed alone in the house only talking to Sans occasionally I think I would've gone mad.

Wow that's cool. The reflection of the ceiling makes it look like there are vines at the bottom of the pool.

Wait....

THOSE ARE VINES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL!

And right on cue they shot out, wrapped around my legs and began to pull me towards the water. Oh no! you ain't getting me this time! Thinking quickly, I grabbed onto a chair nearby me that was conveniently attached to the floor.

As I held on I struggled against the vines. With no success at first the vines began to tighten and pull harder, a few seconds later, I was able to break the ones holding me down.

This is my chance to get to the others. I'm impressed that they haven't heard anything. But then again I've yet to scream. I frantically got up and began to run to the locker rooms. It looked like I was gonna get away. But then the feeling in my leg disappeared.

Nononono! Not now! How can a glitch happen now! I have the worst luck. I lost my balance and find myself on the ground once again. The vines returned and grabbed hold of me this time all the way up to my waist with thorns and an iron grip. I'm not gonna lie it hurt.

The vines began to pull me towards the shallow side of the pool. I tried to fight back but all of my attempts were futile. Suddenly I felt water touch my skin.

I panicked and quickly held onto the ledge for as long as I could, to do the last thing that I could do. Using the air I had in my lungs I screamed.

"HELP!"

I was pulled into the water with no time to take another breath. A force dragged me from the shallows to the deep end. Where I see Flowey at the bottom with a victorious grin.

Papyrus' POV

I WALK OUT OF THE CHANGING STALL AND I SEE SANS WAITING FOR ME. "BROTHER AREN'T YOU GONNA GO OUT?"

"in a bit bro i'm still struggling with these buttons" HE SAYS AS HE TRIES TO BUTTON UP HIS SHIRT. SHORTLY SUCCEEDING AFTER.

"BROTHER CAN I ASK YOU A QUESTION?"

"yea. shoot."

"YOU REALLY LIKE Y/N DON'T YOU? I MEAN, LOOK AT YOU. I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU THIS HAPPY IN SUCH A LONG TIME."

"well yeah of course i like her. i wouldn't be dating her if I didn't. and honestly, at this point i could even go as far and say i love her." HE  BLUSHES AT HIS LAST STATEMENT.

"THATS AMAZING! I'M SO HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE FOUND SOMEONE THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY! NOT TO BE MEAN BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA END UP ALONE."

"heh me two." OUR CONVERSATION WAS CUT SHORT WHEN WE HEARD A CRY.

"HELP!"

THAT VOICE WAS Y/N'S. SHE'S INTROUBLE! WHILE I PROCESSED EVERYTHING. SANS WAS OUT OF THE CHANGING ROOM THE MOMENT HE HEARD HER.

I FOLLOW AFTER HIM. TO... AN EMPTY AREA? BUT WE HEARD HER VOICE FROM HERE. WHERE DID SHE GO?

"Y/n! Where are you!" SANS TELPORTS AROUND, FRANITC, AS HE TRIES TO FIND HER.

"What happened we heard a scream!!" UNDYNE YELLS WITH ALPHYS AND FRISK BEHIND HER.

"I DON'T KNOW WE HEARED Y/N CRY FOR HELP BUT WE CAN'T FIND HER ANYWHERE!"

"Okay relax! Spread out! We can find her faster that way!" UNDYNE SAYS TAKING LEADERSHIP.

"Okay I'll go and get help from others!" FRISK SAYS POINTING THE GYM SIDE. SHE, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WAS WORRIED.

EVERYBODY WENT DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS CALLING OUT HER NAME IN HOPES THAT SHE WILL REPLY.

BUT I GET THE FEELING SHE WON'T.

I'M SCARED. SHE'S BECOME LIKE A SISTER TO ME NOW. WHAT IF SHE GOT REALLY HURT. OR WORSE!

I LOOK AT MY FEET AS I TRY TO CALM MYSELF DOWN. FROM MY PERIPHERAL VISION I SEE A FIGURE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL.

I FEEL MY SOUL SINK AS I REALIZE WHO THAT WAS.

I CALL FOR SANS AS LOUDLY AS I CAN DROWNING THE OTHER'S SHOUTS.

"SANS I FOUND HER! SHE'S AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL!" HE TURNS AROUND AND I SEE HIS PUPILS DISAPPEAR SHROUDING HIS EYES INTO COMPLETE DARKNESS.

NOT A SECOND AFTER. HE RUNS AND DIVES INTO THE POOL. UNDYNE RIGHT BEHIND HIM. ALPHYS JOINS MY SIDE AS WE TRY TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON.

IT WAS HARD TO TELL BUT IT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE FIGHTING WITH SOMETHING. SOME SORT OF ROPE OR VINE. IS IT? NO IT COULDN'T BE.

SANS TELPORTS RIGHT NEXT TO US WITH Y/N IN HIS ARMS. BOTH SOAKING WET. HE KNEELS DOWN PLACING HER ON HIS LAP.

HE TRIES TO SHAKE HER AWAKE. BUT NOTHING WORKS. SHE DOESN'T RESPOND.

WE ALL START TO PANIC EVEN MORE. "out of the way I know what to do!!" UNDYNE RUSHES OUT OF THE POOL AND MAKES HER WAY TO US.

"Okay! Lay her down we need to get the water out of her lungs!"

"Y-You need to do C-CPR c-correct?" ALPHYS STUMBLES ON HER WORDS.

"Yup!" UNDYNE PUSHES SANS AWAY. AND SHE PUSHES DOWN ON Y/N'S CHEST. I LOOK AWAY TOO SCARED TO SEE THE OUTCOME.

AND THEN I SPOT FLOWEY OUTSIDE OF THE POOL. HE LOOKS AT ME WITH A HORRIBLE GRIN THAT GAVE ME CHILLS AND DISAPPEARS INTO THE GROUND.

WHAT IS HE DOING HERE? I DON'T UNDERSTAND. FLOWEY WOULD NEVER HURT ANYONE!

THAT BAD FEELING I GOT WHEN I TOLD HIM ABOUT Y/N. IS THIS WHAT IT MEANT?

I HEAR COUGHING FROM BEHIND BRINGING ME OUT OF MY THOUGHTS. Y/N IS NOW LAYING ON HER SIDE, BARELY AWAKE. SANS HAD SWITCHED PLACES WITH UNDYNE AS HE HOLDS HER RUBBING HER BACK TRYING TO REASSURE HER.

HIS EYS BEAR PURE RELIEF AND FREAR.

SHE CONTINUES TO COUGH OUT THE WATER THAT WAS IN HER LUNGS. AND IT WASN'T A PRETTY SITE. FRISK COMES BACK IN WITH  ANOTHER MONSTER BEHIND HER. THEY CARRY A FIRST AID KIT AND AN ODD MACHINE THAT THEY IMMEDIATELY PUT OVER HER FACE.

"W-We can take h-her t-to the lab." ALPHYS SAYS.

SANS PICKS HER UP AGAIN. "Okay you guys meet us in the lab. I'll take y/n and Alphys to save time." HE SAYS SOUNDING A BIT DIFFERENT THAN USUAL.

"Okay." FRISK REPLIES. AND THE THREE DISAPPEAR.

THERE WAS A HOLLOW ATMOSPHERE LEFT BEHIND. I PICK UP Y/N'S STUFF AND PUT IT ON MY SHOULDER. AND WE ALL BEGAN TO WALK TO THE LAB.

"Undyne, what happened while I was gone?" FRISK ASKS.

"It was Hell! We found y/n basically tied down to the bottom of the pool! Me and Sans had to use our magic to get her out! What was Strange though was the monster behind this! A flower that I've never seen before! He was pretty weak though so we didn't have much trouble fighting him off!" I FLINCH WHEN SHE MENTIONS FLOWEY. Y/N'S BAG STARTED TO FEEL HEAVY ON MY SHOULDER.

FRISK HOLDS A SHOCKED EXPRESSION "What! Flowey is responsible for this? Sans must be furious."

"I imagine! So who is this Flowey anyway!" UNDYNE ASKS WHILE STRAINING THE WATER FROM HER  HAIR.

"He is a monster in the ruins who doesn't care much for others. He says so himself 'kill or be killed'. Somehow he learned about y/n. And he's been trying to kill her and absorb her soul to gain power."

"Geez! . . . So do you guys think some guy sold y/n out to this Flowey!"

"That is one possibility."

OH MY GOSH. THAT GUY HAS BEEN ME ALL ALONG. I'VE BEEN THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS TALKED TO FLOWEY. AND THE LAST TIME I SAW HIM I TOLD HIM ABOUT HER.

Y/N GOT HURT . . . AND IT'S ALL . . . BECAUSE OF ME . . .

Sans' POV

"Alphys how is she?"

"S-she's in stable condition now. I-It may take a bit before she wakes up. W-why don't you sit down. You look exhausted. I'll be right back." Alphys walks into the elevator and goes down to the true lab.

She's right, I am exhausted. I used too much energy and magic today. But it was worth the price. I pulled up a chair sat down near y/n.

She fell asleep after we were able to get all the water out of her lungs. I'm moving her to my room once she recovers a bit more. Currently that breathing machine is still on her, just for precaution.

I hold my skull with my hands. Oh Asgore I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life. Last time was bad enough where one hit could have killed her.

But this time . . . I actually thought she was dead when she didn't respond. Not to mention she wasn't breathing either.

DAMM! IT'S ALL THAT WEEDS FAULT! WHEN I FIND HIM I GONNA-

"SANS!? OH THERE YOU GUYS ARE! HOW IS Y/N!?" Papyrus, Undyne and the kid come in. He sounds anxious. I let out a sight to calm myself down.

"she's better now, only asleep at the moment. alphys said we can bring her to our house in about an hour or so."

"T-THATS GOOD..." He says uncertaintly. Poor Paps must have been as scared as I was. Alphys comes back out of the elevator.

"O-Oh Undyne, Papyrus and Frisk you're here."

"Yea, is y/n really okay now?" Frisk asks concerned for her health. Even though I just said she was fine.

"Y-Yes she is." Alphys replies and they all let out a sigh of relief.

"So! You guys mind updating me on this whole Flowey thing?!" Undyne comments.

"sure. and oh do I have a story for you..." I start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 47 17
Hatred is like an infection, if left to fester it only spreads and becomes worse, until there is little to no hope of return. Frisk had abandoned her...
4.6K 131 16
(Y/n) was a normal person. Around 17 years old. They didn't believe in those stupid fairy-tales. One day, one of her friends decided to dare them to...
4.3K 150 12
Frisk is just an 18 year old girl. She's almost turning 19 soon. She had a nice life in the Underground. A loving family with Toriel and Asgore. Fri...
502K 12.2K 47
[Completed] [[Lemon and Swear Warning]] [2019 Jan Note: This book dates back to 2017, where my grammar and spelling checks weren't efficient due to m...