Kingdom of Sin

By mafiawhore

A King... Born in blood and bound by honour A Girl... Shaped by loss and destined for death And A Kingdom... More

A/N
Aesthetics
00 | Prologue
01 | Elora
02 | Elora
03 | Elora
04 | Elora
05 | Elora
06 | Elora
07 | Elora

08 | Elora

2.1K 118 183
By mafiawhore

"Get out of the car," Cin said, making no attempt to keep the irritation out his voice.

"No," I said, my eyes challenging his as his clenched fingers tightened around the top of the open car door. "Take me back."

His arm darted towards me and before I could even react I was being pulled out of the car and being crushed against his hard chest.

"Let me go," I struggled against him. "You said if I helped you get the stupid file you'd let me go."

I jerked my elbow in the direction of his face, only to have my movement restricted by the tightening of his fist around my arm.

"I am letting you go," He spun me around so my back was pressed firmly against his front. He was so close I could feel the muscled ridges of his stomach through the thin material of his shirt.

"How is this letting me go?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"I didn't say where I'd let you go," he chuckled, so close I could feel his cool breath caressing the skin of my neck, summoning a trail of goosebumps.

A scoff left my mouth. "You're joking."

"Do I look like I'm joking, sweetheart?" He hissed, mouth inches from my ear.

I rolled my eyes before pulling myself out of his now loosened grip. "You can't just keep dragging me everywhere like you own me, " I said, "I'm not your fucking pet. You could just ask me like a normal person."

"I can and I will."

I sighed and walked to stand beside Nico who was watching us with amusement. There was no use in making sense of anything Cin said. He clearly had a sense of authority that I could not be bothered to challenge right now.

"Why does he even need me here?" I asked Nico as we crossed the sparsely populated the street.

"Sorry, cara,"he shrugged, stepping onto the pavement and following Cin to a large glass door."If I could tell you I would."

I looked up at the gold plate next to the door with the engraving 'Luna d'oro'.

"A casino?" I queried, recieving silence as my only answer.

We entered the casino and my eyes were everywhere. The building was fully lined with machines, pool tables , poker set ups of men in suits next to stacks of chips and surrounded by a copious amount of half-empty glasses.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, but once again, my question fell on deaf ears.

Passing the hustle of the main sector of the casino, we reached a desk occupied by a man with a long scar, that snaked its way from his right temple down to his neck and below his shirt collar.

"Boss," the man nodded at Cin.

"Where is Nevio?" Cin asked, face void of anything except an his hard eyes.

"He's in Angelo's sector." The man's eyes stayed trained directly and only on Cin. "He arrived with Leonas fifteen minutes ago."

Cin offered no reply, he simply carried on walking through the quieter part of the casino that began to narrow into a hallway, leaving Nico and I to follow behind.

We turned a corner at the end of the darkenend hallway. It was getting harder to see anything and I was being cautious of my steps, careful not to trip on any uneven part of the red carpeted floor.

We made it to a door, furnished in a layer of gloss black paint, the dim lights barely bouncing off it. Cin opened the door to reveal a bar that was completely vacant apart from an unfamiliar man tied up on a chair in the middle of the room.

The man's head snapped up at the sound of us entering the room. "I don't know anything," he cried, out, looking to be in an extreme state of panic as his eyes switched rapidly between the three of us.

Cin strolled towards the bound man and came to a stop in front of him.An ominous chill ran down my spine as I saw him reach into his jacket and retrieve a knife.

Straight to the point. I like it.

"You're playing a very dangerous game,"Cin stated calmly.

"No games," the men let out a shaky laugh. "I don't know anything. I swear."

Cin's laugh was bitter. "Ah Nevio, I'm afraid that just won't do" he pulled his slacks up slightly and bent down so he was level with the man tied to the chair. "Let's play my own little game. Every lie you tell me, I take one life off. You have three in total and you have already used two"

"You don't know shit about anything," Nevio looked composed, but the shaking of his right leg gave him away.

"I beg to differ," Cin's grin was as dangerous and as vicious as he looked, "Leonas."

Leonas walked in through the opened door at the sound of his name with a woman who looked to be in her late twenties.

Once Nevio spotted the new incomer, a panic ignited in his eyes, his calm veneer immediately dropping away. "No, " he cried. "I'll tell you anything, please."

The woman, who was clearly close to Nevio, was now sobbing at the sight of him bound on a chair.

"It's a little late for begging Nevio. I gave you a chance to tell me the truth," Cin shook his head in mock disappointment. "And Make no mistake, I do not give second chances."

A small bead of perspiration rolled down Nevio's forehead as he looked to the woman, his face completely covered in regret and sorrow for his obvious fate. He brought his head down and started to pray to himself in rushed and heavy whispers.

Maybe if I tried hard enough I could bring myself feel sorry for the man, but Cin clearly had a vengeance and it was one he needed to repay.

I had not yet stopped to think about the things he was clearly capable of. Murder and kidnapping seemed to be the least of his capabilities. I should be terrified, but I can't bring myself to feel scared. Besides, no woman makes history being afraid.

Nevio continued his whispered praying until Cin lifted himself from his crouched position. "Pray to your god all you want, ratto," he lifted his knife holding arm. "But, there will be no resurrection in your story."

"Please, "Nevio sobbed, his face trembling under a thin sheen of sweat as pooled tears were threatening to spill over.

I glanced at Nico who was, as usual, watching the ordeal with a smile on his face and mirth dancing in his eyes.

"Every action comes with a price," Cin rested the tip of the knife on the skin of Nevio's throat. "And for your betrayal, you will pay with your life."

Before I could blink, Cin had run the knife across the man's neck in a single horizontal swipe and was already making his way towards me, ignoring the fountain of blood and the wails of a heartbroken woman behind him.

His eyes were cold as he stared at me.

"Why did you kill him?"I asked curious to know how that man had wronged him.

"Simple," he shrugged "I didn't want him alive"

"Bullshit," I rolled my eyes. "You can't just kill a guy for no reason."

"Sweetheart, please refrain from telling me what I can or can't do,"he tugged on the ends of his suit jacket , starightening it out. "Unless you want to end up like my friend Nevio over there. "

I could only stare at him.

"What's the matter- afraid of me?" He grinned.

I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to keep my face neutral and unaffected by his burning gaze."No."

"You should be," His cold eyes held my own for a few seconds before he looked to Nico. "Get someone to clean that mess up, Nico. Meet me outside in five." He turned to make his exit but paused. "Take his wallet and fingers as well," he added as an afterthought and turned to face me a final time, "Remember this the next time you think I am joking."

After his departure, I focussed my sight on the vast amount of blood puddling on the white marble floor. The man was still bound and sagging in his chair with his open neck wound on show.

I shoved away the rising disgust, refusing to let this affect me. I had seen plenty of corpses, this time was no different.

"Isn't that nice,"Nico's voice came from beside me.

I turned my head to find Nico's gaze fixed on the bloody corpse.

"If nice means fucking disgusting, then yes," I nodded.

"If it's any consolation," Nico said, "He was let off easy. Usually, there would be some limb removal or teeth plying involved."

I didn't say anything to that.

He must have found my lack of response unusual. "What are you thinking so hard about then, cara?"

"Nothing really," I smiled at him. "Just calculating how long it would take me to run out of this place and file a police report for kidnapping and murder."

"I'd give you about three seconds," he shrugged.

I raised a brow at him."You have faith in me?"

"No," he replied, "I have faith in Cin and the time it would take for him to have a bullet buried in the back of your pretty little head."

"I have no doubt he could. He just killed a man like it was nothing." I released a humourless laugh.

"He's corrupt and complicated. It's one of his charms."

My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion."I don't think you know what that word means, "I said, "Or how to count."

"I see witnessing your first murder hasn't affected your special personality," he said glaring at me.

"Never," I smirked. "Besides, in this world, there are a lot of things worse than murder."

i am sorry i took so long to update i will try do better. this is really not my best
work at all :((
i also have not proofread
thank you for 5k
vote & comment your thoughts

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

587K 16.2K 29
One touch. One touch was enough for a tough mafia boss to fall in a love with the unknown girl. She was abused, he was abused. Two broken people tryi...
7.1K 70 28
her parents died when she was young her uncle is in debt with the biggest mafia boss she is nothing to him so he sells her to get out of his debt one...
789K 14.7K 60
𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 Matteo Marchetti feels like he has something to prove being the new leader of the Italian Mafia, he tries his best to leave his pas...
12.4M 374K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...