✧ With Love ✧ || A Haikyuu Fa...

By negativity_begone

• Discontinued • A journey with everyone's favourite Karasuno ships, along with ships from other schools. A... More

✧ 1 || A Fool's Dignity ✧
✧ 2 || Apologies ✧
✧ 3 || Friends ✧
✧ 4 || Feelings ✧
✧ 5 || His Ace ✧
✧ 6 || Home ✧
✧ 7 || Oxymoronic ✧
✧ 8 || Under the Setting Sun ✧
✧ 9 || Unloved ✧
✧ 10 || For Our Team ✧
✧ 11 || Explanations ✧
✧ 12 || Bittersweet Sorrow ✧
✧ 13 || His Promise ✧
✧ 14 || I Don't Care ✧
✧ 15 || Unrequited ✧
✧ 16 || Serene ✧
✧ 17 || Sleep Well ✧
✧ 18 || What Comes Next ✧
✧ 19 || The Light of His Life ✧
✧ 20 || Again and Again ✧
✧ 21 || Cowardice ✧
✧ 23 || To Stop Time ✧
✧ 24 || The Universe ✧
✧ 25 || And its Plans ✧
✧ 26 || An Attempt at a Confrontation ✧
✧ 27 || The Start of the End ✧

✧ 22 || Happy Accidents ✧

147 11 53
By negativity_begone

Yuu Nishinoya's POV

"Come on!" I said, dragging the 'o' extra long to emphasize the fact that he needed to come with me.

I tugged on Asahi's arm harder, but obviously that didn't do anything even despite the fact that he called me "A Ball of Energy". He was sitting on his bed and looking away while I stood on my two feet, ready to rip him away from his house.

"Asahi," I whined, pulling harder.

"But what am I supposed to do there? I'm barely friends with him!"

"Hinata wouldn't mind! And he's sick! I thought you were a good person!"

"Noya..." he groaned. "Please! Come on now, you can't just pressure me into doing everything, right?"

I found a mischievous smile tugging at my lips.

"Watch me."

✧✦✧

And so I was chilling in front of Hinata's front door, Asahi by my side.

"Come on, Noya, it's still not late. What am I supposed to do anyways?"

We were both holding hands because I was scared that he would chicken out and run off. I could feel his hand trembling in mine, though.

I turned to him and gave him a bright smile, bringing my other hand to place on top of his. "You'll be just fine, trust me."

His gaze was caught in mine, his eyes widening when he felt the warmth of my hand.

Oh my god, why is he so cute?

I shook away the thought and my gay panic and pulled away when I heard the door in front of me open. Quite sadly, I was too late.

Little Hinata had opened the door a bit too quickly, catching a glimpse of us looking at each other with our hands together.

"Oh, hello," Asahi said with a nervous smile, bringing his hand to the back of his head.

"They're here!" Natsu yelled as she turned around, so loudly that it made Asahi flinch. She had a really loud voice for someone so small.

She turned back around to face us and opened the door wider to let us in. She led us down the hall and to Hinata's room.

"Hello!" I said as I threw open the door. I marched in, Asahi following me from behind.

Hinata smiled at us and waved back. He sat on the bed, looking way less colourful than he normally did.

We walked in and I plopped myself down on the space in front of him. Asahi stood next to the bed. 

"Come on now," I mumbled under my breath. I took his arm and pulled him down, making him sit behind me. Hinata chuckled.

"So..." I started turning to him, "how'd it go?"

He fiddled with the navy blue blanket on top of him. "I didn't confess," he mumbled.

I sighed and held back a facepalm.

"Sorry! I'm sick right now, so that wouldn't be too romantic would it?" he said in his defence.

"He has a point," Asahi said quietly.

I had filled Asahi in on the plan. Hinata calls Kageyama over, says a dramatic monologue about how he's thankful for him, blah blah blah, fake sleeps, mumbles a confession while acting like he's sleep talking, sees his reaction, and bam, the plan works. Of course, Hinata decided not to do that.

I sighed again. "The plan was fool-proof! If he gave a different reaction from what you wanted, you could always act like you were dreaming about a confession or something."

"Yeah, I know... but something different happened."

And instantly, Hinata had caught my attention. I leaned forward. "Spill the beans. Dump 'em all out."

Hinata chuckled nervously and started. "So... I decided to do a little prank by fake sleeping and scaring him when he didn't expect it."

"Are you kidding me?"

He playfully slapped my shoulder. "Leave me alone! I just didn't want to do it."

"Chicken."

"No, you."

Asahi chuckled from behind me. "Noya? Being a chicken? I don't think so."

"Oh really," Hinata responded with, looking at me with a mischievous grin.

I widened my eyes at him, hoping he'd shut his mouth. Now, I'm not a chicken or anything, but there was one thing that I'd been avoiding. And that was a specific romantic confession to a specific person.

Hinata chuckled at the sight of me panicking and moved on. "Anyways, I was able to trick him into thinking that I was asleep. And then he started talking to me, thinking I wasn't listening—"

"And let me guess," I cut him off. "He confessed his undying love for you," I said, placing my hand on my heart with the most dramatic flare I could.

"Well... yeah?"

"—what!"

"Wait... really?" Asahi said from behind me, but I was too shocked to even comprehend what was happening.

"Hell yeah!" I exclaimed.

Hinata cringed.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, knowing that he was hiding something. "Wait... did you do anything about it?"

And disappointingly, he shook his head. "I just want him to say that to me when he knew I was awake, you know?"

"Fair."

"If you don't mind..." Asahi started.

We both turned to look at him.

"What exactly did he say to you?"

Hinata covered his beet red face in his hands. "So many things," he said, his voice muffled.

"Aww," I said, a grin growing on my face.

And I could practically feel Asahi's look of disappointment from behind me.

"Well, go on," I said.

He pulled in a shaky breath. "So... he said I looked cute when I sleep." At this point, he had the brightest smile on his face. "He called me by my first name, said he had so much to say that he didn't know where to start..." He chuckled to himself. "All of the cliché things, really. He said I'm the reason why he's cliché. He said that he wanted to stay by my side and oh my god—" He covered his face with his hands but spread apart his fingers so that he could see. His gaze was to the bed and the smile on his face didn't waver. "It happened. It really happened!"

I could feel a small, warm smile tugging at my lips. "It did," I said quietly. I'm so happy for him...

Now if only I could feel the same way for myself.

"Thank you!"

And suddenly, I found frail arms wrapping me in their embrace. I stiffened for a moment. I wasn't used to being hugged, not at all. But then I melted and gave in, hugging him back.

"Thank you so, so much," he said quietly, "this wouldn't have happened without you."

I pulled away and laughed. "I only helped with telling you to invite him over!"

"Still! All of this happened." I noticed that every time he brought it up, his cheeks would turn a light shade of pink.

"Well... uh... congrats!" came from Asahi.

Hinata chuckled. "Thank you!"

He inspected the two of us for a moment, looking at us oddly before tilting his head and saying, "well, what about you two?"

This—

This little fucker—

"What—what about us?" I asked, trying to play oblivious. I quickly glanced over at Asahi to see how he'd react.

"...yeah, what about us?"

"Are you two, you know—"

"Ow—I mean look over there!" I said, still trying to decide on which cheap gimmick I wanted to use to distract them.

"Wait, what? Where?" Asahi said, looking at the open window in front of us frantically.

Hinata sighed and gave me the most blank stare he could. "Good one," he mouthed.

"Now shut up," I mouthed back. "It's nothing! I thought I saw something..." I said to Asahi.

"I see—oh." He interrupted himself and looked down at his phone. "My mom wants me home early for some reason..."

He got up and waved at the two of us. "Bye! And congrats Hinata!"

We waved back. The gentle click of the door closing told us he was gone.

"What was that for!" I exclaimed, letting out all of my panic.

Hinata giggled. "Well, I thought that maybe I might help you two get together too!"

I playfully slapped his shoulder. "Don't do that again! I thought I almost died—"

I placed my hand on my chest and felt the quick thumps of my heart.

"So... when do you plan on confessing?"

"Hah, no. I'm not even planning on doing that."

Hinata furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait, why?"

A bitter smile found its way on my face. "Because...

"I think he likes someone else."

✧✦✧

Well.

I literally have nothing to say because I wrote it so quickly hfjfkdk—

Sorry if it seemed rushed, because it really was.

Holy crap. I hope nobody saw it but I literally published the chapter without giving it a name and having my little "editing" thing written at the top pffttt. If anyone saw that, no you didn't.

Anyways, if you liked this part, feel free to vote! Stay hydrated!

With love,
Kiri

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

942 32 20
"𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪." OR 「In which a boy has to deal with the pain of watching the one he loves, love another」 © 𝙖𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙤𝙣 2021 St...
62.7K 1.3K 50
A Haikyuu book of fluffshots- this book does not contain angst or smut. None of the artwork used in this book is mine, credits to the artists. I don...
71K 1.3K 36
hi lovely human beings 💐💐 i plan on just making a bunch of oneshots for different ships (i promise they get better as you move forward) most of the...
274K 5.1K 38
Title says it all. I'm open to requests, in fact, I'm asking you to. I will accept smut for this one, just give me a ship, whether you want them to b...