The One

By lovexxhate

Paige Westfield is the average nerd. She is the plain girl with few friends. She is the girl whose parents ar... More

The One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chaper 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Follow!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 12

91.5K 1K 53
By lovexxhate

Sorry for the late update, I was going to do it earlier but I fell asleep. Don't judge me.

So if its short then I'm so sorry guys!

___________________

Mason's POV

I was downstairs and for some reason I started to panic, my heart started racing and my palms started to sweat.

I wanted my mate, I'm sure she could calm me down. I asked around and no one knew where she was. I tried to follow her sent but there were just so many people here and her she had been all over the place meeting her.

I went upstairs to see if she was up there and I heard a commotion in one of the spare bedrooms. I heard my mate scream. My wolf was about to take over to make sure our mate was okay. I pushed him back for now and broke to door down to see why my mate was screaming. What I saw before me made my eyes turn red with rage. There was a wolf on top of my mate. Jana at that. My wolf wanted to kill her. I saw blood on my mates arm and that's what took me over the top. I quickly pulled her off my mate and threw her across the room. I couldn't hold back my wolf anymore.

I shifted. I went to attack her. I was about to end her life when my father walked in and commanded me to stop. Since he used to be my alpha i had no choice but obey him. I hated every minute of it.

"Shift back." He said in his Alpha voice. I was beyond pissed. Who does he think he is? He may have been my Alpha before, but I am the alpha now. He has no right to subject to me like this. It made me even madder that my body responded to him.

I shifted back and someone threw some pants at me. I quickly put them on and glared at my father and then Jana. The sight of her made me want to kill.

"Killing her isn't the option right now. Right now she will await her punishment in the dungeon. In the meantime I suggest you tend to your mate." He said with no emotion. How could he stand here and talk to me like everything is okay? How can he stand there so calm when I was ready to rip that bitch's throat out.

Then the word mate registered to me. I went from complete anger to worry in a matter of seconds.

I looked for my mate and she was laying there unconscious. Why wasn't anyone tending to her? I quickly went over to her and picked her up. "Call the pack doctor." I yelled to anyone who cared to listen to me.

I carried Paige to our bedroom and people who saw me in the hallway jumped out of my way at the sight of me. They knew better than to stand in my way when i was angry.

I placed my angel on the bed and I looked at her visible injuries. Apart from the bite on her arm i didn't see any other injuries. I hated to see the woman I loved laying there hurt. It killed me to see her like this.

Once again I was ready to kill. There was a knock on the door and I almost attack the pack doctor. He looked so afraid. "Sorry. I am a little on edge since this happened. I am having a hard Time controlling my wolf. He wants to kill." I explain to the doctor.

He jut nods and hands over to Paige to examine her. He gives her a shot for the pain.

He looks up when he is finished. "Looks like besides this bite, she has a broken rib and that's about it. Nothing too too bad, but its still bad. She will need to stay in bed and refrain from moving around a lot while her rib heals."

I nodded at the doctor and he left. I went downstairs and told everyone to leave and I wanted to talk to Jacob, my beta, tomorrow morning.

After everyone was finally out of my house I went upstairs, turned the lights off, and climbed into bed with my beautiful mate.

Paige's POV

I woke up feeling like i had gotten into a fight, hit by a bus, and then dragged home by my hair. Everything hurt.

I groaned as I opened my eyes. I looked at my body an Mason's arm was slung across my upper stomach. He was hurting me. I pushed his arm away and that's when he woke up.

"Morning." He said as he leaned in to kiss my forehead.

"Why does everything hurt?" I ask him.

"Jana decided it was a good idea to attack you. I personally wanted her killed but my father says we should wait for the trial." He grumbled. I don't think he was happy about that, but that's just my guess.

"Well don't you think that's a bit harsh anyway. I mean yeah I hate the girl but death is just a little harsh."

He got mad. "Harsh? She tried to kill the future Luna of this pack. Maybe you don't understand the importance you have to this pack. Without you, I couldn't focus and control myself. I would go crazy. You keep me calm and balanced which makes the pack happy. They don't want some crazy psycho as an Alpha." He explained.

"Can we change the subject? My head is starting to hurt, "I complained. "What are the damages?" I was kind of nervous to hear them. What if I only have days left. I started to panic even though I doubt in was going to die in just a few days. Mason wouldn't be this calm, if that's what you want to call it, if I was close to dying.

I guess he notices my panic and he laughed. "You just have a broken rib and that nasty bite mark on your arm."

"And you find that funny?" I started to get mad. I get attacked and he thinks its funny?

He sobered up real quickly. "No. Of course not. I was just thinking of all the possibilities that are running through your head. I bet you thought you were dying."

I looked away to try to hide my blush. Damn him. He thinks he just knows everything. He laughs so I get out of the bed.

He has other ideas he grabs my arm and pulls me back down.

All joking was gone from his eyes. They were serious and sincere. "You don't know how scared I was when I saw you lying on that floor. It would literally kill me if something happened to you."

I felt my eyes tear up. How could he go from making fun of me to saying the sweetest crap I've ever heard. I pulled his head down to mine and his lips met mine.

Our lips moved together and his hands started roaming. He gently bit my bottom lip asking for entrance which i gave him. The kiss was starting to get heavy and he put all his weight on me. I couldn't breathe and there was a pain in my chest.

I gasped and tried to push him off me. He got the hint and pulled back.

"Shit baby. I'm sorry. I got carried away."

"It's okay. I need to get up and moving around anyway."

"No can do sweetie. Doctor's orders. You have to refrain from too much movement." He smiled at me.

"Like hell I will! I refuse to sit in this dang bed all day. That's so freaking boring!" I raised my voice at him. He kissed my nose.

"You are cute when you get upset." Of course I blush. "But, it was doctor's orders."

I was about to argue when the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." I yelled and tried to jump out of the bed. Mason caught me and pushed me gently back into bed.

"I got it. You just stay here and relax." He had a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes at him.

He left the room and of course I followed. Mason glared at me before he opened the door. It was Mason's dad. Oh crap. Why didn't I stay upstairs like Mason told me? From now on I'm going to listen to him and do what he tells me.

I was lost in my thoughts when I realized Mason was talking to me. "Paige. My dad wants so say something to you."

Shit. I looked up at Mr. Carter and I couldn't find a hint of disgust in his eyes. Hey! Maybe one parent could actually like me!

"Why don't you come inside. We can talk in the comfortably in the living room."

We all moved into the living room and sat in silence. Mr. Carter just started at me and I started to feel uncomfortable. Those gray eyes were piercing my soul! Okay maybe I am being dramatic, but it is awkward.

"So Paige." Mr. Carter starts.

"So Mr. Carter." I say.

"Please, call me Charles." I smiled when he said that. I mean if he hated me I wouldn't be calling him Charles right?

"Sorry. I'm just a little nervous. Your wife wasn't too welcoming." As soon as I said it I regretted it. I slapped my hand over my mouth and I wanted to die in this very moment. But he laughed. He freaking laughed.

"I know how my wife can be. She has wanted Mason to marry that whore forever. I never agreed because I know what it's like to me a male and with his mate. I wouldn't want my son to be in a marriage and not experience what I experience. I want him to be with his mate, no matter what." 

I got teary eyed. I got up from my seat and hugged Charles. He gasped but then he hugged me back.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"For what?" He looked so confused.

"I have been scared out of my mind about the pack not accepting me because I'm human. It means a lot that the old Alpha accepts me. It makes me fell 100% better."

I said honestly. If he thinks I can lead a pack then I couldn't care less what other people thought.

"So, who wants breakfast?" I say happily.

Charles looks at me with a scolding look. "Didn't the doctor say you should stay off your feet?"

"Ugh! You are just like your son. I will literally die if I stay in that bed all day!" I whine.

He laughs and so does Mason. He has been so quiet I forgot he was here. Now that I looked at Charles closely, Mason was the spitting image of him. They both have the same shade of hair and those gorgeous gray eyes. If that is what Mason looked like in 20 years then I will still probably be drooling all over him when we are old and gray. I probably didn't notice earlier because I was scare shitless of him.

Mason made breakfast, big surprise there, and we ate happily. I couldn't be happier. Mason's dad approved of me and I had a father figure back in my life.

I had completely forgotten about those people I called parents. I used to be so angry with them for wheat they did to me. Now, I couldn't bring myself to be mad at them.

Yeah they sold me but I mean I met the guy of my dreams. I was really happy here with Mason. It's like they bought me my happily ever after in a weird and twisted way.

I then started to miss them. After all, I can't just forget eighteen years that we spent together as a family and all the great memories we've created.

"Mason. Can I call my parents?"

_________________

Sorry if its short. Boo Hoo. I've been sleeping!

You guys HAVE to go check out Lafuzia new book! Howling moon. It's really good so far. So please please please go check it out. And check out her other stories!! Thanks!!

-kms

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...