The Hero In Me - Vigilante De...

By Wolves_Of_England

Izuku was denied the one thing that he loved: being a hero. At age 11, he was told he couldn't be a hero by t... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 4

4.6K 173 147
By Wolves_Of_England

        Detective Tsukauchi sat in his office, he got the text from Eraser Head saying he saw and talked to the vigilante, he even got a name, Black Rabbit. From what Eraser said this vigilante was a kid maybe a teenager at best, which was interesting. Why would a kid his age become a vigilante? The kid could go to a hero school if he wanted and become a hero that way. This was confusing but Tsukauchi started a case file for Black Rabbit and assigned Eraser Head to deal with him. He was the best bet since his quirk is unknown and Eraser was good at dealing with vigilantes. The detective sipped his coffee, it was a long shift but he was used to this.

Sansa bursts into his office, "Sir, Switch is back" Tsukauchi put his mug down and rubbed his forehead, his shift was becoming a pain.

----~~~----

Izuku looked at the news on his phone, not comfortable leaving his room just yet, he noticed that the vigilante 'Switch' was back in action. They have been inactive for 6 months now, they appeared around 2 and a half years ago and they became quite famous, but after they went missing people thought they were captured until police denied ever capturing them. Izuku read through the article, they were seen near Sector 18 a really bad part of Musutafu, basically the red light district, Izuku glanced at the clock and realized he would be late if he didn't leave and Izuku was really looking forward to his hacking classes with Fujino-San.

Izuku got ready and left the house through his window and started his walk to the college campus, it was a nice day for a walk. Izuku grabbed his headphones and put them on leaving an ear open so he doesn't run into anyone, he walked to the train station and waited for the train. Izuku sat at one of the benches and noticed there was someone else there, they were tall with short boy hair and looked to be feminine but he didn't want to assume.

Izuku noticed they had a black facemask on and a black hoodie, in this heat, are they crazy? They caught him staring and he quickly looked away, a minute later the train arrived and Izuku waited for the people to leave the car before getting in himself.

The train wasn't crowded and Izuku was able to find a seat and just relax until that person sat next to him. Izuku tried not to be rude and move away from them or stare, so he opted for looking out the window and watch as the building flew by, Izuku did catch a glimpse of UA but it was far away to really see it. Izuku grabbed his phone and went to some news articles, one caught his eye, "Black Rabbit vigilante" he tapped into it and it showed some photos of the villains he took down the other night.

"Black Rabbit, huh?" the voice startled him, he turned and saw the person looking at his phone. "Y-yeah, it looked interesting, never heard of them before", the person just nodded "Yeah, well to be fair no one has. Just showed up one night in what Sector 16 or 15. Took people by surprise" the leaned back in their chair hands in their hoodie pocket. Izuku turned back to the article, not much information was released about him just how Eraser Head was nearby when he encountered the vigilante.

Izuku decided to look into an article about "Switch", they stopped a drug trade gone bad and saved some of the sex workers from being attacked. It seemed this vigilante stuck to the very bad parts of Musutafu, while Black Rabbit was in the areas that were in poverty but not the red-light district. His seatmate seemed to glance at what he was reading and flinched a bit, Izuku read the article before putting his phone away as his stop came up.

Izuku got up and let the train and his seatmate behind before continuing toward the college.

----~~~----

The lesson went on for hours but Izuku figured out that hacking is a more advanced code like he used for his notebooks. He had fun and recently he found an old computer at the beach and thanks to the lesson he got, Izuku was able to fix the computer up and that is now what he used for hacking. He would have to stop by and get some more lessons about how to fix old electronics, there is only so much Izuku can do.

On the way back to the train station Izuku noticed his seatmate walking around this part of the city, it was strange cause he didn't remember them getting off with Izuku. Well, it wasn't his business, Izuku waited for the train and Yoshi was texting him rambling on and on about his school work and wanting to get Izuku's help. The train came to the station and Izuku boarded, along with his seatmate who he didn't realize was there. He found an empty seat and one next to him and his seatmate sat next to him as well, "funny running into you again" Izuku turned to his seatmate "y-yeah, funny thing" Izuku paid attention to his phone as Yoshi kept texting him.

The ride wasn't uncomfortable, just ok. Izuku's stop came up and he started to get his stuff to leave. The train slowed to a stop and Izuku started to walk to the doors "See you later seatmate" Izuku heard that as he walked out the door and when he turned the person was gone.

Izuku tried not to think about it but it was odd how they said that it could be a coincidence that they would meet on the train again but who was to know. Izuku started to walk home as the sky started to darken, hopefully, Inko wouldn't be home. As Izuku neared the house he decided to climb back to his room from his window, once inside Izuku went to check his other phone. He opened the floorboards and reached inside for the phone, he pulled it out and turned it on, Shinsou did in fact text him, unlocking the screen Izuku sat on his bed with the charger and plugged it in while texting Shinsou.

Shinsou talked about his day and how the kids at his school acted around him. Izuku let him rant since that's what he really needed, someone to rant to. Izuku did tell him about his day, without reviling to much information about himself. They talked for hours and when Izuku decided to get some sleep, his mind wandered to his seatmate and they're last words to him.

----~~~----

The day was boring, to say the least. Izuku decided to have another crack at being a vigilante this night, it's been 2 days since he was seen as one and Izuku was kinda getting antsy. Throughout the day Izuku worked on his classwork so he would have more free time, to do other stuff. Izuku finally left his room once he knew Inko wasn't there and made a big meal, being locked in a closet and staying in his room without food was taxing.

Izuku looked up a recipe and started cooking. These recipes were fun to make and Izuku was getting experience in cooking skills. He did have a good dinner and was fueled for the night.

He went back to his room and started getting dressed when Shinsou texted him again. Izuku looked and saw Shinsou was asking when he was going on patrol again, thinking why not Izuku told him. The reply was instantaneous and it seemed like Shinsou wanted to meet up at some point. Izuku told him he'll meet him when he has a chance and he'll send a location, with that Izuku climbed out the window to the roof and ran to sector 16.

It was a 30-minute run to reach this area, and it seemed it was pretty busy tonight.

Izuku already stopped 3 fights within 2 blocks. Izuku was waiting on one of the roofs catching his breath, this was hard. Running and stopping fights in one go was straining, especially on his muscles. Izuku looked at the area, cars passing by and loud music could be heard from off in the distance, he looked up to the sky and the stars were in full view.

"Pretty night, am I right" the voice startled Izuku, he looked to his left and there was a lone figure in the darker part of the building, though it wasn't Eraser Head. "Nice to meet you, you must be Black Rabbit?" the figure walked towards him. He nodded "Who are you?" the figure stepped into the light "I'm the vigilante called Switch, I'm sure you heard of me". Izuku nodded in shock, Switch the vigilante was talking to him.

Switch sat down on the roof and grabbed something, "Here, its some water. I'm sure you need it" they tossed the bottle to him and he caught it. He opened and took a drink, "So, you're a new vigilante. Do you have a schedule or patrol route yet?" they looked at him and he shook his head. "No, I haven't made one yet".

"Alrighty then" they twisted their body to face him, "you got a spare phone or something on you?" Izuku grabbed his vigilante phone "Good, it's not traceable correct?" he nodded, they grabbed it and was able to open it without knowing the code, "Firstly you need to choose a better code, next, I'm adding my number in this so you can text me if you have any questions. Lastly, where do you wanna patrol most often, I don't want to get our patrols mixed up" they asked typing away at his phone "I'm thinking Sector's 11 through 16" he had to think about that for a minute.

"I see, I take sectors 15 through 20 but I can share 2 with you. Next up is a schedule, this is so you ways to avoid police or heroes if they think they have your patrol route figured out. Change where you go every week, it's more confusing." Izuku listened to the vigilante helping him out, he didn't know much about Switch but they were interesting and friendly.

"I usually take Sector 15 and 16 on Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I'll inform you where I'm going just in case you head to one of those areas. Now, you're taking on 5 Sectors, there are like 3 other vigilantes in some of those areas, they haven't made the news yet so they are hidden from the public." They reached into a pocket in their cargo pants and pulled out metal. "What are you doing?" Izuku was curious as to what the heck was happening.

"This is my quirk, tell anyone and I'll hunt you down" Izuku gulped. "Any metal I touch I can transform into a knife of any design, though it takes my energy." Switch's hand glowed as they gripped the metal and in a flash, the metal was replaced with a ninja-style throwing knife "this has my brand and yours embedded into the blade" they pulled out a string from another pocket and tied it around the hilt of the blade.

They handed it to Izuku who carefully took it and in the moonlight examined the blade, it was tinted green and on one of the flat sides was his bunny logo from his mask, he turned it over and on that side showed an S with a blade running through it.

"This indicates you are under my supervision or protection if you will, you have free roam and if you are ever in need I'll be there. Show this to the other vigilantes and they'll know you are ok." They handed back his phone and he put it away.

"Keep that on you at all times, the string can be used as a necklace, or if you wanna use the knife you can retract the knife to your hand." they slowly got up "see you around Black Rabbit". They jumped to the next roof and into an alleyway and disappeared into the night. Izuku looked at the knife in his hand, he brought it up to his neck and tied it like a necklace. Tonight was crazy, to say the least.

----~~~----

Izuku texted Shinsou 10 minutes ago for them to meet in a nearby alleyway, he heard someone running and saw Shinsou running into the alleyway and hugged Izuku. "You're ok" he let go "Yeah, I'm ok, just my second night of vigilantism" they sat down on the semi-clean ground and started chatting "Are you in school?" Izuku looked at Shinsou when he asked "Yes and no. I am in school but I take online courses, couldn't take the bullying at school. Plus the school I went to sucked, the teachers and staffed sucked."

Shinsou nodded "Yeah, I get what you mean.", Shinou thought back to when he first met Black Rabbit, "How come you're a vigilante?" he said suddenly and Black Rabbit stiffened. "W-well...I have been denied that dream by everyone and even the heroes. So I'm kinda doing this out of spite" Shinsou listened and thought it was funny how he was doing it out of spite "But, I just can't help but want to help people, so I'm now a vigilante.".

Shinsou thought about his words, they also kinda applied to himself, his quirk was considered villainous but he also wanted to help people. "You can't help what your heart longs for" Shinsou blurted out without meaning to "Yeah, that's exactly it" Izuku liked how he said that, 'cause it's true, you can't help what your heart longs for and for the boys it's to help people.

----~~~----

A/N: First Published: 9/26/2020

Edited: ???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 2.2K 35
Izuku was known to be an only child who was born with no quirk. Despite this set back he still aimed to be a hero, but no one believed in him. No one...
832 27 22
Izuku Midoriya always wanted to be a hero since he was a little kid. Since he saw the great All Might save so many lives, that has been his one dream...
2M 73.1K 100
Everyone believes he is quirkless, but the truth is he has a quirk a very unique one. His parents hate him. His mother can't stand his quirk and thus...
725K 30.9K 121
Midoriya Izuku is not your wimpy loser that every anime tries to portray. Instead, he is the most straight-forward, over-dramatic teen you will come...