Supercut [ spencer reid x rea...

By reidsbau

"Hm," Rossi says. "You two must've been good friends." "Best friends," you say, grinning at Spencer. "Yeah,"... More

prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
epilogue

IX.

48.9K 957 6.3K
By reidsbau

This chapter is so long and I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to be!!

You stare out the window, zoning out as you look at the tarmac. A rush of emotions run through you—relief, longing, hurt, excitement. You turn your head, looking around at the people on the plane. You wonder how many of them are also leaving their old life behind.

A pang of hurt hits your chest, and you clench your jaw, pulling out your phone. Opening your email, you type out a message you know will never reach the recipient.

"Hey, brainiac. I, uh, just wanted to let you know I graduated yesterday with my master's. Isn't that crazy? I'm...leaving the West Coast. I just need a fresh start, you know? I can't believe it's been five years since we've talked. I...miss you. I miss you a lot. I hope you miss me, too. Or think of me. I think about you. All the time.
Yours, always.
Ace."

You hit send, trying to blink back the tears in your eyes. Seconds later, as always, the bounce back message pops up in your email. Sighing, you put your phone in your pocket, rifling through your carry-on bag, trying not to elbow the person immediately to your right. You pull out the piece of paper you'd carefully folded the night before, clutching it in your hands. You open it, eyes scanning the words on the page.

A letter to Spencer. You need closure—and the only way you can seem to get it is with pen to paper. You stare at the letter he'd never read—the letter you'd poured your heart out in. Swallowing, you fold the piece of paper and put it back in your bag, dropping the bag at your feet.

The plane begins moving, and your lower lip trembles, the tears blurring your vision. You shouldn't be crying—you're going somewhere new. Somewhere far away from California. Far away from Nevada. Far away from the memories of Spencer Reid. But you know you're leaving part of yourself here. The innocent part of yourself. The part of yourself that believes in love.

As the plane liftoffs, you stare at the image of Nevada fading away until it's nonexistent, a distant speck quickly becoming part of your past.

"Garcia, what did you find?"

The team crowds around the table, Garcia on speaker. JJ's in the other room with Mr. and Mrs. Woode—which proves to be a good decision when Garcia begins speaking.

"So, I did some dark digging, and I found out that Mrs. Woode has a sister."

"Why didn't she tell us that?" Prentiss asks.

"Emily don't interrupt my genius! I'm getting there," Garcia scolds playfully. "This sister, Kelly, was given up right after she was born. She's older than Mrs. Woode, and the parents never contacted her or told Mrs. Woode about her sister."

"So...the unsub could be Kelly?" You wonder aloud, furrowing your brows.

"Here's what's sad, though—Kelly recently lost a baby. A boy."

"That's the stressor," Hotch mutters.

"And get this; she lives less than five miles away from the Woode residence. And yes, before you ask, the address is sent to your phones already."

"Thanks, Garcia." Hotch hangs up, looking around.

"Alright, get vests on. We're all going."

You nod, going out to the SUV to grab a vest. You slip it over your head, fumbling with the strap on the right side. You groan in frustration as it keeps slipping out of your hand, face growing redder by the second.

A hand appears, pulling the strap to the front of securing on the Velcro. You glance up at Spencer, giving him a smile.

"Thanks," you say, face still bright red.

Spencer offers you a toothy grin. "You looked like you were having trouble."

You give an embarrassed laugh. "I was."

The two of you are silent for a moment and your eyes glance down Spencer's torso in the vest, traveling down to the revolver sitting on his hip.

"Ace." Your eyes flick up to Spencer's face, a light smirk playing on his lips. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

You punch him in the shoulder, laughing. "Shut up!"

Spencer laughs, clutching his shoulder. "Ow! That hurt!"

"You can take it," you say, a mischievous glint in your eye.

"You're gonna take out my fucking shoulder next time," Spencer rebuttals, opening the door to the SUV.

"Aw, did I hurt you? I'm sorry," you mock, grinning at him as you slide into the back of the SUV.

Spencer slides in next to you, shutting the door behind him. "You're in for it later, Ace."

You give a fake gasp, giving him a crooked smile. "Is that a promise, doctor?"

Spencer's eyes darken and he opens his mouth to reply before the front doors of the SUV open, Hotch and Rossi sliding into the driver and passenger sides. You glance at Spencer before buckling up, leaning back in your seat.

Hotch begins the drive to Kelly's house, and you tap your thighs with your fingers nervously. This is your first time in the field with the team—and you definitely don't want to fuck it up. You feel a hand on your shoulder, and you glance up at Spencer, feeling him squeeze your shoulder. He gives you an encouraging smile before removing his hand, letting it fall back beside his thigh.

"Reid and Y/l/n, you two check the house. The rest of us will scan the area."

"Got it," you reply, Hotch pulling up to the front of the house.

Getting out, you draw your gun, pointing it at the ground as you walk toward the front porch, Spencer following you. You hear Morgan shout, and the rest of the team runs around toward the backyard. Glancing at Spencer, he shakes his head. You nod, and you put you hand on the door, opening it so Spencer can go in first. You raise your gun, and Spencer goes to the left.

You take the right, walking through the kitchen. Clear. Moving past the kitchen, you go to the living room, stopping to check the little bathroom on the side. Clear. The living room's clear. Turning around, you head back toward Spencer, walking slowly through the narrow hallway.

You find him in the last bedroom on the left, kneeling down, hugging a kid. Jason. You holster your gun and he looks at you, relief flashing through his eyes. He picks Jason up, and the two of you exit the house. Spencer stays by the SUV, and you go to the backyard. You draw your gun again, the team crowded around a fire, a woman holding a bundle.

Approaching Prentiss, you murmur in her ear that Spencer found Jason.

"Who's she holding then?" She whispers, eyes never leaving Kelly.

"Kelly," you say, lowering your gun. "Can you give me the baby?"

Kelly shakes her head frantically. "No. No, he's sick. He needs help."

You holster your gun, walking toward Kelly slowly with your hands raised. "I know, Kelly. We're here to help him. We just want to help your baby get better."

She clutches the bundle to her chest, shaking her head. You stand next to her, holding out your arms. She looks at you, and your gaze softens.

"Kelly, let us help your baby, okay? We want to help you."

You see her wrestle with her own mind, and after a moment, she hands the bundle over to you. Hotch immediately moves to cuff her and you look down at the bundle in your arms. A toy baby is wrapped in the fabric, and you glance over at Prentiss before lowering it to the ground.

You head back over to the SUVs with the team, JJ stepping out of a third SUV with the parents. Jason runs up to his parents, and Mrs. Woode picks up her son, hugging him tightly. You smile at them, nudging Spencer in the ribs with your elbow.

"It's nice when we get to save them," you whisper, watching the parents get ushered into an SUV.

"Yeah," Spencer simply says, a smile in his voice.

You turn to look at him and he looks down at you. He nudges you with his shoulder, and you grin, watching his eyes move to your lips and back up again.

"Come on," he says, opening the SUV door. "Let's go home."

You climb inside and the drive to the airport is short. Everyone boards the jet, and you sit across from Prentiss and Morgan, yawning. Spencer sits next to you, his arm touching yours.

"Don't yawn like that," Morgan says. "We have to go celebrate. All of us." The last part was aimed toward Hotch and Rossi, both of them cracking smile.

Prentiss grins at you. "Yeah, maybe you'll dish on who gave you that hickey on your neck."

Your face turns red, and you shake your hair forward to cover your neck. "It was no one, just some Tinder hookup."

"Was he any good?" Prentiss asks, raising her eyebrows.

Your eyes flick to Morgan, a shit-eating grin on his face. You're hyper aware of Spencer tensing slightly next to you. You look back at Prentiss. "Yeah, he was. Probably the best I've had, if I'm honest."

Under the table, Spencer's hand finds your thigh, squeezing it softly before returning back to his lap. You grin before looking out the window of the jet, beginning the short flight back to Quantico. Every once in a while, Spencer's hand finds your thigh again, squeezing it or resting his hand on it. Every time he pulls away, the skin underneath the fabric of your pants seems to burn.

The jet lands, and the team shuffles out before walking back into Headquarters, pushing the doors of the BAU open. Everyone situations themselves at their desks, ready to start the process of paperwork. You get about halfway through the report before Morgan stands, stretching.

"Come on, everyone. It's ten-thirty; let's finish this tomorrow. For now, it's drinking time."

You grin, closing the file and standing up, grabbing your go-bag. Spencer walks in stride next to you, and the group piles into the elevator. You push the doors to Headquarters open, beginning the walk to your car.

"Spence, I can drive you if you want," JJ says, starting the walk to her car.

"Actually, Ace is gonna drive me," Spencer says, and you smile to yourself as you hear the conversation behind you. "Thanks, though, JJ."

You hear him catch up to you, and you glance at him from the corner of your eye. "Why, yes, Spencer, I'd be happy to drive you to the bar."

He laughs, punching you lightly in your arm. "That's what I thought."

You laugh, shaking your head. "Shut up and get in the car."

You drop your go bag in the backseat before getting in and starting the car. You turn to him and his hand finds your chin, gripping it between his fingers. He pulls your face to his and kisses you softly, his tongue running underneath your bottom lip before his teeth tug at it.

"Good to know I'm the best you've ever had, Ace."

Grinning, you push him away. "I didn't say it to stroke your ego, brainiac."

Spencer releases your jaw and he grins before buckling up. You pull out of the space before beginning the drive to the bar.

"JJ seemed upset that you didn't want to ride with her," you mutter, keeping your eyes forward.

"Did she?" He asks, voice nonchalant.

You laugh. "Yes."

Spencer's silent for a moment. "I used to have a crush on her, like six years ago."

You raise your eyebrows. "Did she like you back?"

"I don't think so," he replies. "Plus, she's married now. With a kid. I guess before you transferred, we were best friends."

"And how about now?" You ask, the thought of Spencer being best friends with JJ making you a little more annoyed than it probably should.

You park outside the bar, turning off the car and pulling the keys out of the ignition. Spencer's fingers find your jaw, turning your face to his. His hazel eyes look into yours, and he squeezes your jaw lightly.

"Do you really think I could be best friends with anyone else with you in my life, Ace?"

You feel your face flush. "You tell me, brainiac."

Spencer laughs, his fingers leaving your jaw and moving instead to brush a piece of hair behind your ear. "No, Ace, absolutely not. No need to be jealous." He's silent for a moment, a cocky grin on his face. "It's kinda hot, though."

"What, me being jealous?" You ask, laughing.

Spencer retracts his hand, the same cocky smile on his lips. "Yeah."

"I'll take note of that," you say, unbuckling your seatbelt and grabbing your wallet.

You exit the car and walk around the other side, Spencer's hand on your lower back. The touch comforts you, and you push open the door of the bar, feeling his hand leave and return to his side. Prentiss, Garcia, and JJ are at a table; Derek's on the dance floor; and Hotch and Rossi are sitting at a table a few feet away from the girls. Spencer leans down so you can hear him through the music.

"I'm gonna get a drink. Do you want your usual?"

You look up at him and nod before crossing to the girls, giving them a big smile. Prentiss and Garcia cheer as you approach, JJ giving you a half-hearted smile.

Garcia takes a sip of her little fruity drink. "Hey beautiful!"

You grin at Garcia. "Whatcha drinking?"

"Some kind of fruity shit with a lot of tequila in it," Garcia says, taking a sip.

Prentiss takes a sip of her beer. "Hey, Y/n, I know we haven't said it yet, but we're really glad you're on the team."

You give her a smile. "Thanks, that's sweet. I, um, really enjoy being here."

"Where'd Spence go?" JJ asks, raising her eyebrows.

"Oh, to get us drinks," you say, giving JJ a sickeningly sweet smile.

As if on cue, Spencer walks up to you handing you a rum and coke. You give him a big smile, watching him sip on his own. Taking a sip, you grimace slightly.

"Did you get me a double?" You ask, feeling the familiar burn in your throat.

Spencer grins. "What, do you not do those anymore?"

"Don't underestimate me," you say, nudging him with your elbow. "As I recall, I'm not the one that coughed like a bitch baby every time I drank out of the rum bottle."

Spencer's mouth flies open as Prentiss and Garcia giggle. "Hey, that was one time!"

"Uh-huh, sure. Tell yourself that."

Garcia raises her eyebrows. "Spencer actually drank in college?"

You nod. "Yeah, I know it was forever ago—but I had a fake and sometimes we would sit in my room and play drinking games, just the two of us."

"Huh, I just thought Spence spent all his time studying," JJ says, glancing at Spencer.

"Correction: I spent all my time helping Ace study," Spencer says, taking another sip of his drink.

"The way he says it makes me sound like I was stupid," you reply, Prentiss laughing.

JJ finishes her drink, standing up. "Well, I know it's only been like half an hour, but I gotta get home to Will and Henry."

She hugs Prentiss and Garcia, walking around the table to hug Spencer. She offers you a light wave, and you return it with a smile even though your blood is boiling. She knows what she's doing—but you know it won't work.

"She doesn't like me very much," you mutter, glancing up to Spencer.

"She'll warm up to you," he replies.

You roll your eyes before walking over to Hotch and Rossi, grinning at them.

"Y/n, hello," Rossi says, taking a sip of the whiskey in his cup.

"Hey," you say, sipping your own drink. "I'm glad you guys came out with us!"

Hotch shrugs. "I can't really go out much because I have Jack, but it's nice to go out every so often."

"Jack's your son?" You ask, tilting your head slightly.

Hotch nods, and Rossi grins.

"I could come out, but I prefer not to. I'd rather drink my whiskey at home in my mansion."

You laugh at him, shaking your head. "Ah, Rossi, ever pleasant to converse with."

He laughs with you. "Seriously, kid, on another note, Hotch and I were just talking about you."

Your eyes widen. "Good things?"

Hotch nods. "Good things."

"You're very impressive. We're glad to have you."

You give them a smile. "Thank you. I'm happy to be here."

Giving them a wave, you walk back over to the table where Spencer and Garcia are sitting at. Prentiss is on the dance floor, dancing with a very attractive woman. Garcia chugs her drink before setting it down on the table.

"I'm gonna go dance with Morgan. Wanna come?" She asks you.

You shake your head, laughing. "No, thanks. You have fun."

You watch her dance up to Morgan and you turn back to Spencer. Finishing your drink, you set your glass on the table.

"I'll get this round," you say, giving him a smile.

You walk over to the bar, waiting for the bartender to have a free moment to take your order. You feel someone slide up next to you and you ignore the gaze you feel on the side of your face.

"Can I buy a pretty thing like you a drink?"

You turn to face the older man, shaking your head. "No, thanks."

He moves to grip your side, tugging you toward him. "Come on, pretty thing. Let me—"

His words are cut off when an arm snakes around your waist, tugging you away from the man in front of you.

"She said no," Spencer says coldly, his grip tight on your side.

The man huffs before retreating back to another spot in the bar. Spencer's grip never eases on your waist, and you turn to look up at him. He looks down at you, his eyes searching yours.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly.

You nod, offering him a light smile. "I'm okay."

"I didn't like the way he grabbed you," Spencer says, his voice low.

"Thank you," you reply, not breaking your gaze from his.

He leans forward, his lips brushing your ear. "I'm the only one that gets to touch you like that, Ace."

Your breath hitches in your throat, and you feel his grip tighten on your waist. You've never thought of Spencer Reid as a possessive person—but tonight, you've been proved wrong. Spencer pulls away from your ear, looking into your eyes again.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" You ask him, feeling his thumb rub lightly against your side.

He gives you a small smirk. "Ace, if I could, I'd fuck you right here against the bar counter."

You turn your body out of his grip before grabbing his hand, pulling him toward the door. He doesn't resist, and you walk around to the driver's side.

"Are you good to drive?" Spencer asks, pausing with his hand on the passenger's side handle.

You roll your eyes. "I had one drink, brainiac. I'm not even tipsy."

You get inside and start the car, looking at Spencer as he buckles up. He looks at you, his eyes darkening slightly.

"Ace, if you don't start driving, I will fuck you right here where everyone can see."

You inhale sharply. "Y-Yours or mine?" You stutter out, face blushing pink.

Spencer reaches over, his thumb brushing your cheek. "Mine." His fingers move to your grip your jaw, pulling your face closer to him. "And drive fast, Ace."

He releases you and you don't object, almost shredding the fucking rubber on your tires as you begin the drive to his place.

——————————————
Author's Note
This chapter is SO LONG, I know some people don't like reading long chapters so I apologize. I absolutely adored writing this chapter thought because you get to see the playful, best friend side of the Reader and Spencer. I love it so much. Also, we get a glimpse of jealous!JJ/jealous!Reader and possessive!Spencer, so that'll be a fun time.
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter :) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 1.1K 16
'and i wanna cry, i wanna learn to love, but all my tears have been used up.' in which you and spencer reid reunite after 7 years, and you try your a...
72.4K 1.3K 30
Y/n's trauma leads to her fallout and Spencer's relapse. After an altercation at work Y/n decides to disappear, leaving Spencer alone. After years of...
60K 1.5K 16
- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌ Reid's sister, for most of her life's has always allowed her past to haunt and shape her future, but what's happens when her past...
84.3K 1.6K 35
Y/N has always known Emily, growing up together and bonding over shared trauma. Even going as far as going undercover for Interpol. After the 9 gruel...