wrong one//g.d

By vi-writes

"i couldnt've forced myself to love you, gray-" "well im forcing myself to love you now, aren't i?" ~ y/n, be... More

author's note :)
a e s t h e t i c s
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w en t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
f o r t y - t w o
f o r t y - t h r e e
f o r t y - f o u r
f o r t y - f i v e
f or t y - s i x
f o r t y - s e v e n
f o r t y - e i g h t
f o r t y - n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y - o n e
f i f t y - t w o
f i f t y - t h r e e
f i f t y - f o u r
f i f t y - f i v e
f i f t y - s i x
f i f t y - s e v e n
f i f t y - e i g h t
f i f t y - n i n e
s i x t y
s i x t y - o n e
s i x t y - t w o
s i x t y - t h r e e
s i x t y - f o u r
s i x t y - f i v e
s i x t y - s i x
e p i l o g u e
author's note :')
a/n - july 2021

t w e n t y - f o u r

1.8K 44 14
By vi-writes

(y/n pov)

"Y/N?" You turned to the sound of your name and smiled as someone approached you. "You're Grayson's wife, right?" You nodded.

"Yeah, what's your name?" The girl grinned.

"I'm Beth!" She looked thirteen or so. You smiled, looking around as your hands stayed on the cart. "Are you here with Grayson?" You nodded.

"Yeah, he should be around here somewhere-- are you a fan?" She nodded.

"Huge-- I'm freaking out, will you guys take a picture with me?" You tilted your head.

"Me too?" She nodded. This was a first. "Sure, yeah, he'll make his way back here in a bit if you don't mind waiting." She nodded eagerly.

"How was your wedding?" she asked. You smiled. "I haven't been listening to the podcasts yet because I'm busy with school-- did he talk about it?"

"Oh, maybe, I'm not too sure," you said honestly. "But the wedding was lovely, thank you for asking." She smiled.

"Were you excited-- I saw the pictures on his Instagram; you looked really pretty." You smiled again.

"Thank you, that really sweet of you." She beamed.

"So, do you guys know when you'll have kids?" Your face fell a little. "Gray wants to be a dad so bad-- I heard about Ethan's daughter! Are you planning for kids too?" Your mouth opened a little, but thankfully, the man himself joined you at the right time.

"Y/N?" he asked. Beth almost shrieked as he walked up behind you, a cantaloupe in his arm. He stared at her, a little confused. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I was just talking to Beth here." Her eyes widened as she stared at Grayson, for the first time in person it seemed. He smiled.

"Hey, Beth, did you want a picture?" She nodded eagerly, at a loss for words as she handed him her phone. You took a picture together and her hands shook as she tried to get her words out to him.

"I'm-- I'm a really big fan and I love you so much and you guys have hel-helped me through a lot and I appreciate all of your videos and stuff and your fragrances make me so happy-- I'm wearing one right now and I just love you--"

"Awh," Gray cooed, pulling her in for a hug. You smiled. "Me and E love you too." She grinned, the happiest in the world as of right now, it seemed.

"I-- I hope you both are doing well," she said. Gray nodded and told her they were. "I'll-- um-- thank you for the picture, I'm so glad I met you," she said, voice wavering. You waved.

"It was so fun meeting you too, Beth," Gray said. She waved and walked away, still smiling wide. You grinned at Grayson. "She was cute."

"Yeah," you agreed. You carried on with grocery shopping together for the week. This was a first, despite having been together for a few months now. But the last few times he'd gone, he'd forgotten a bunch of things, perhaps on purpose, and had now managed to get you to go with him. 

You rarely left the house, Gray doing all the shopping and stuff on the way home from work. Or you'd just order your groceries to your door. And everything else as well. Needless to say, Amazon was your best friend.

On the rare occasion you did have to leave the house, it seemed as if the odds just made you run into someone you knew. Congratulating you for getting married, teasing you for getting to marry a Dolan, and asking if you were gonna be a mother any time soon became common and made you way too uncomfortable. You and Grayson hadn't even kissed after your wedding day-- let alone make a baby.

And so to meet a fan for the first time-- and for her to be so polite and respecting of your personal space-- that had just made your day. But her question had you thinking. Gray had wanted to be a dad so bad. He was even planning on adopting if he weren't to have gotten married.

Did he still want a kid? With you?

The thought made you shudder, thinking of letting him down in any way when all he's wanted was the best for you. And to think that he wanted a kid so bad and you were in no way ready to conceive right now? That upset you a little for him.

Grayson hadn't even made you so much as blush until the next morning, in fact. You'd decided to put yourself together one morning, just slightly, going further than your normal decision of just changing clothes- seeing as you typically never left the house anyway.

Gray was already in the kitchen, sitting at the counter and typing away as you walked down. He was always up hours before you were, especially if he was heading out. "Good morning," you said with a smile. He glanced up before looking back down at his screen.

"Good morning," he said. "Going somewhere?" You poured your oats into your bowl and looked up.

"What?" He glanced back up. "No, why?" you asked. You turned to the microwave.

"Nothing, you look nice, is all." You froze, your finger hovering over the button to turn the microwave on. You felt your face flush and quickly pressed it before turning back. It was just a compliment. What had you all-- flustered?

"Oh-- thank you." It came out a lot quieter than you'd meant it to. He looked up and you gave him a smile. "I'm not going anywhere, I just thought I'd do something different." He nodded. You locked eyes with him for a moment before the microwave went off. You quickly turned.

He cleared his throat a little and you heard him begin to type again. "So--" he swallowed, "do you wanna go out for lunch or something?" You looked up from your oats.

"Lunch?" He nodded. "Like-- to eat?" He nodded again.

"Yeah." He glanced up at you and you quickly turned to turn the coffee machine on, afraid you were still red.

"Like-- me and you?" You heard him make a noise with his throat that sounded like a stifled cough and a burp at the same time. You almost laughed out loud-- a coping mechanism for your nerves.

"Well, yeah-- unless you wanna ask a few friends to like, come or something?" You turned back to him. "But I was thinking just us, yeah."

"Oh, well, maybe tomorrow?" you asked. He frowned and looked back up at you. "Because-- you've got that meeting, remember?" His eyebrows bunched up and you sensed he was pulling up his calendar.

"What meet--" he paused. "Oh." You nodded. "Right, it slipped my mind, thanks." You shook your head, stirring your oatmeal.

"Yeah, don't worry about it."

"We could do dinner then?" he asked. You looked up, the spoon halfway to your mouth. It didn't make it in.

"Dinner?" He nodded. "Like, me and you." He smiled this time.

"Yes y/n, like me and you." You ate your oatmeal.

"O-okay," you said quietly. "Okay, dinner, then." He smiled, picking up his phone.

"I'll make reservations somewhere?" You nodded. He smiled. "Well, be ready I guess-- I mean you already look nice so--" Oh, you were red all over again. You turned.

"Yeah, okay," you said quickly. You heard him pick up his stuff.

"Sixish, maybe? I don't know when the meeting'll end, but I think I'll come straight from there to pick you up?" You nodded, pouring creamer into your coffee. "Sound good?"

"Yeah, great."

"Me, you, dinner?" he asked again.

"Mhm, me, you, dinner."

---

"I got you, like, flowers?" You froze. He handed them to you. You smelled them by instinct.

"Oh, uh, thank you," you said as you stepped aside to let him in. He just rocked on his feet. "Are you gonna go change?" you asked. He frowned

"I was just gonna go like this?" He gestured to the suit he'd worn for the meeting. You glanced back down at your own outfit.

"Oh--" You turned and set the flowers on the counter. "Okay, I'll go change really quickly then," you said. He grabbed your arm.

"What-- why?" You pointed at his suit, then back at yourself. "I think you look really nice; you don't have to change," He said quietly. You blushed and gestured down at your dress.

"I think this is a little, not as formal, as you," you explained. "Like, two minutes--"

"Oh, come on, you look great, and besides, we'll be late." You readjusted your purse. "Okay?" You nodded.

You made it there with almost no talking, just 'mhm'ing when needed as Grayson told you about his meeting, and smelled the next fragrances to be released that he'd had in the dashboard. "And we're here," he sighed, pulling into the restaurant's parking lot. You sighed.

"I feel really underdressed, Gray," you mumbled. He rolled his eyes.

"You look wonderful, let's go." You'd sat down together at your table and were waiting for a waitress and he spoke again. "Hey."

"Hi."

"You look beautiful, okay?" You looked down into your lap. "Stop feeling so self-conscious about it," he whispered. You shrugged.

"I just feel like I should've worn something fancie--"

"Menus?" You looked up at the waiter and thanked him as he handed it to you. He smiled and walked away. You decided on something to order and looked up at Grayson who was already looking-- again.

He looked back at his menu and you watched him pick. When he talked to you again, he didn't look up. "Give your menu back with your left hand," he muttered. Your eyebrows furrowed up as you leaned in.

"What?"

"When you give your menu back to that waiter, do it with your left hand." Your eyebrows raised.

"Why?" He shook his head in response and you told Gray your order before the waiter came back. Grayson told him what you both wanted and when you handed your menu back, just as Gray'd asked, you noticed the guy look at your ring. Once he'd left, you turned back to Gray.

He had his fingers laced under his chin, elbows on the table, as you raised an eyebrow. "What the heck was that?"

"He was looking at you weird," he said. You turned back. "Don't look at him!" he whispered. You turned back with a smile.

"Oh my," you sighed, shaking your head. You ran your finger over the rim of the wine glass in front of you.

"Well, I had to let him know you were taken," Gray said. You looked up.

"Might as well write married to Grayson Dolan on a sticky note and tape it to my forehead too, huh?" you asked. He chuckled.

"That's not a bad idea." You laughed and he leaned back into his chair, arms crossed. "What?" he asked.

"Hm?"

"Nothing, you were looking at me--"

"Can we get dessert too?" you asked. "And wine, I'd like some wine." Grayson smiled.

"Whatever you'd like."

---

"I ate too much," he grumbled. You slipped off your heels and walked in. He patted his bloated stomach and you laughed. No matter how much he worked out or how healthy he ate, he always had that tummy after eating too much. And quite frankly, it was fucking adorable.

"Yes, you did." He walked over to the couch and plopped down. "Hey, take your shoes off, I'm not vacuuming that carpet," you said walking away. He sighed and pulled off his shoes. You headed to the kitchen for some water and watched him throw his shoes from the couch to the front door. "Gray."

"Think it dented?" he asked. You smiled and shook your head, filling a glass for him too. You handed it to him, sitting on the couch opposite to him once you had. He patted the seat next to him and you got back up to sit with him.

"Thank you for dinner," you whispered. The arm he'd had around the couch dropped to your shoulders. You flushed red.

"Yeah, 'was nice," he hummed. "Thank you for coming." You smiled.

"What else did I have to do?" He chuckled and shook his head. You felt the arm he had around you pull you closer to him.

"We didn't drink too much wine, right?" he asked. You smiled and looked up, your chin on his shoulder.

"I don't know about you, but I didn't." He laughed and shook his head, drinking some more of his water. When you turned back, your head was entirely resting on his shoulder. "Hm."

"Hm." You closed your eyes for a minute before he leaned forward to put his empty glass on the coffee table. You quickly finished yours and handed it to him too.

He sat back and you felt him look down at you. "I meant what I said-- you look really nice." You blushed some more.

"Thank you." You played with the hem of your dress and he rubbed his free hand on his knee. "I just felt really underdressed," You said with a little shrug. You turned to see him with his head tilted back and eyes closed.

"Didn't matter, 'cause you were the only one I was lookin' at."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

644K 12.3K 70
"just tell him how you feel." "i can't." "why not?" "because. he's my 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝."
214K 2.6K 32
Just little stories for you to enjoy x
120K 2.9K 28
___________ "Woah, who are they?" "Some people who'll never like us." ___________ @graysonic 2016