Garden | j. green

By humansunflower

in which it was first all a bet to him or in which she learns vulnerability More

GARDEN
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
EPILOGUE
authors note

018

6K 281 84
By humansunflower

october 20th, 2019
9:17 pm

JALEN SHOVED HIS DIRTY CLOTHES INTO HIS CLOSET then closed the door.

His parents and his little sister were gone on a day trip to Fresno, his hometown which meant an empty house.

Which meant it was finally time for Noelani to come over.

He picked up some empty chip bags, water bottles and bodyarmor juice bottles and chucked them in his large trash can by the door.

Then Jalen set to making his bed, smoothing the duvet and readjusting the pillows against his headboard.

To top it off, Jalen sprayed some tropical scented Febreze in the air then connected his phone to Bluetooth speaker.

Jalen heard the doorbell ring from the downstairs.

Jalen wipes his suddenly clammy hands on the side of his black t-shirt then hurried down the stairs.

Jalen pauses to take a deep breath then opens the door.

Noelani was standing on the porch in a jean jacket, a baby pink Champion hoodie and matching sweatpants. On her feet were a pair of white Chuck Taylors and some of the top half of her curly hair was pulled into a ponytail, creating a casual updo.

"Hey, kid." Noelani smiled as she stepped into the house.

"What's good?" Jalen grinned as he pulled her in for an embrace.

"Where's your parents?" She asked as Jalen closed the door.

"It's just us tonight."

Noelani raised an eyebrow at his words.

Jalen held out a hand and she took it with no hesitation, "Come on."

Jalen led her up the stairs back to his room, dimly lit.

"Oh, baby, this shit is a mess..." Noelani trailed off, her eyes on the cluttered dresser top.

"I spent an hour cleaning this shit." Jalen groaned, laying against his pillows.

Noelani took her shoes off, "Did you even vacuum?"

Jalen rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and Noelani started to shrug off her jacket.

She walked around his room looking at all of the basketball awards placed sporadically.

"You can sit." Jalen said in an amused tone, patting the space on the bed next to him.

Noelani then dropped both knees onto the bed and began to crawl to him.

Jalen shifted a little as Noelani sat up against his headboard and grabbed the tv remote from him, "You got Netflix right?"

Jalen snatched the remote back from her, "I'm picking the movie."

"It better not be some lame ass shit."

"Shut up." Jalen scrolled through his Netflix queue until he landed on a horror movie.

"No. I hate scary movies. Let's pick something else." Noelani whined.

"I'll protect you, don't worry." Jalen snickered.

"You're annoying." But she snuggled into Jalen's side as the opening credits started.

"I have a question." Noelani started in a soft tone.

"Hmm?" Jalen responded.

"Is there any reason why Mari and Cole don't like you?"

Jalen furrowed his brows, "They don't like me? They said that?"

"Not exactly but I don't know. They act weird whenever they see us together." Noelani started to trace patterns on his collarbone.

Jalen shrugged, "Maybe they like you."

Noelani laughed, "Doubt it."

Jalen bit his bottom lip a little, sliding his arm around her waist and moving her to straddle him.

"What are you doing?" Noelani raised an eyebrow.

"You weren't close enough for me."

Noelani rolled her eyes as she readjusted herself, "You weird, kid."

"Kid? I'm a man," Jalen grinned, "Ask about me."

"Trix are for kids!" Noelani teased before turning her head back to the movie.

Jalen tucked his lips in, glancing at the girl above him.

Noelani was fully invested in the scary movie, her eyes widened in horror, her body tensing at the climatic music.

"Aah!" Noelani jumped a little into Jalen's side as the villain jumped out, "I hate scary movies. Why did I agree to this shit?"

Jalen nudged her playfully, "'Cause you like me."

"Barely. I just barely like your dumb ass." Noelani said as she moved to straddle him again.

"Yeah, okay. Who's on top of who?" Jalen turned Noelani's face towards his.

"I really wanna kiss you right now." Noelani muttered.

"Come on then. What's up with it?" Jalen smirked.

They both began to lean in when...

The bedroom door opened and the lights cut completely on.

Noelani immediately jumped off of him and went to the edge of the bed.

Jalen glanced at the slightly bashful expression she had then sighed.

Their moment was over.

Jalen's little sister Jurnee ran past to her room as his mother and his stepfather walked into Jalen's bedroom.

"Who's car is parked outs-? Oh." Bree said once she had fully stepped into the room and observed Noelani.

"Hi, Mrs. Green," Noelani stood up, stuck out her hand and Bree shook it.

"Mr. Green," Noelani shook Marcus' hand, "I'm Noel Morales."

"Hello," Bree glanced at Jalen curiously, "You go to school with Jalen?"

"Yeah, uh. I was actually about to leave," Noelani slipped on both shoes and snatched her jacket off of dresser, "My dad wants me home, it's late. It was nice meeting you."

Bree gave her a smile and Noelani slipped out behind them, the sound of her feet beating against the stairs and then the front door slamming causing an echo throughout the room.

Bree shot Jalen a look then walked down the hallway.

"She's very pretty, son," Marcus snickered, "Maybe lock the door next time, huh?"

Then he shut the door, leaving Jalen alone with the sounds of the horror movie and his frustration.

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 8K 35
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥, 𝐊𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐘𝐀𝐃�...
44.9K 1.9K 35
Everything was spinning out of control, until he met her She'd never understood her power, until she met him
32.5K 826 10
multi-fandom imagines written by 𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐌. Discontinued.
330K 18K 43
in which they both swore it was casual or in which it wasn't casual at all #LLTC