LIGHT ━ draco malfoy

By burkhqrt

❝haven, isn't that a fire hazard?❞ ❝no. you're a fire hazard.❞ LIGHT. | DRACO MALFOY. in which haven potter... More

𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
013
014
015
016
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐑𝐀 - you're a fire hazard

012

21.5K 613 364
By burkhqrt

! chapter twelve !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"NOW, JUST LIKE BEFORE, think of your happiest memory," Harry advised them. Lessons in the Room of Requirement had started up again, and Haven was glad. Especially with that Death Eater, Bellatrix escaping, there would never be enough practice with defensive spells where Voldemort was involved.

"Expeto Patronum!" Haven yelled, waving her wand. A small lap dog appeared at her feet, and it ran around the room. She held back a laugh as it went through Neville's legs, making him fall over. She offered him a hand, which he gratefully took as she pulled him upwards. "Sorry about that," Haven apologized quickly.

"No problem. It was a cute dog."

She went to respond, but she was cut off by a sudden strong vibration that nearly knocked her off her feet. Haven glanced up to see the chandelier from above move, the glass twinkling as it hit against itself. Everyone slowly made their way to the center of the room, sharing worried looks. Another loud sound came from outside, and the room once again rattled. The lights began to flicker, and Haven could feel her heart beat pick up. Her hands started to sweat, and she clenched them at her sides.

One of the mirrors shattered in front of them, and she took a scared step backwards, crashing into something hard. She glanced up to see Draco, who had placed his arm around her waist, steadying her. However, he didn't even acknowledge her as he continued to stare in front of him. It was then Haven noticed the small hole in the wall. It was large enough for them to see through it, and her heart dropped into her stomach once Umbridge's shrill voice spoke out.

"I'll make short work of this," she announced, and Haven saw her raise her wand, and the wall was blown to smithereens, crumbling into a thousand pieces. Haven fell onto the floor, clutching her eyes shut before any pieces of debris could fly into them.

When she opened them again, Umbridge glared inside of the room, two familiar faces stood next to her. Haven felt her entire body freeze up once she realized who they were. Crabb and Goyle.

Her gaze found Draco, who's eyes were wide as if he didn't know how his two friends had got there. Haven pushed herself up, angry tears threatened to spill over as she stared him down. He glanced over to her, and opened his mouth to say something, but she cut him off before he even got the chance to.

"I trusted you!" Haven sneered, her voice cracking as she swallowed. "I can't believe I was foolish enough to believe you wouldn't rat us out."

"Haven—"

"Don't," she cut him off, ignoring how that had been the first time he'd ever said her name, and how it made her feel to hear it come from his mouth. Haven shook her head, biting the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from crying.

It was a silly reason to cry, truly, but she couldn't figure out the reason why his betrayal had affected her so much. Maybe she had a problem with trying to see the good in people, and when she thought she did, they showed their true colors, and stabbed her in the back. Like always.

"Get them," Umbridge ordered.

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

They were dragged to Dumbledore's office, both the twins being held by bodyguards, wands at their throats as the minister of magic stepped into the room. "Been watching them for weeks," Umbridge stated. "And see, 'Dumbledore's Army,' is proof about what I've been telling you right from the beginning, Cornelius. All your fear-mongering about You-Know-Who never fooled us for a minute. We saw your lies for what they were. A smokescreen for your bid to seize control of the Ministry."

"Naturally," Dumbledore replied dryly, and Haven's brows pinched together in confusion as she stared at the older man. Why was he taking the blame for this?

"No—Professor—He had nothing to do with this!" Harry announced, fidgeting against one of the bodyguards. "It was me."

"It was us," Haven corrected. "We formed it."

"Most noble of you, Harry, Haven, to shield me, but it's been pointed out, that the parchment says 'Dumbledore's Army,' not 'The Potter's.' I instructed the twins to form this organization. And I, and I alone am responsible for its activities."

"Dispatch an owl," Fudge commanded. "If we hurry, we should still make the morning edition. Dawlish, Shacklebolt, you will escort Dumbledore to Azkaban. To await trial for conspiracy and sedition."

Haven froze from her stance, her entire body becoming tense as she glanced between the minister of magic, and the headmaster of Hogwarts. Her heart thundered in her chest. Dumbledore wasn't going to go to prison for them, would he? He couldn't be that foolish. He wasn't that foolish. This was Dumbledore they were talking about, surely he had a plan?

"Ah," Dumbledore suddenly breathed, standing up from his seat at his desk. "I thought we were likely to hit this snag. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I'm going to... What was the phrase? Come quietly. Well I can tell you this: I have no intention of going to Azkaban."

"Enough of this, take him!"

Before either of the bodyguards could move, Fawkes flew up from his perch, and landed onto Dumbledore's shoulders. The man raised his arms up, and within seconds he disappeared into thin air. The remaining of them were blown backwards at the strong gust of wind current that had appeared, but when Haven opened her eyes, she stared at the spot where the headmaster had last been, and grinned

"That man is a genius."

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

Filch had begun to hang another one of Umbridge's announcements onto the wall placed in the main hallway. All they could to was watch as he nailed the peg into the cement. Haven could barely read it from where she was standing, but she got the gist. Umbridge was taking over Dumbledore's spot as headmaster.

As if her rules weren't already ridiculous enough, she had told everyone over the loudspeaker that "boys and girls weren't permitted within eight inches of each other."

Haven hated her. Umbridge was sucking every last bit of joy students got from school out. It was like if she wasn't happy, nobody else could be either. But why did they have to suffer? They'd done nothing to her. Haven suspected that she was so bitter because all of her husbands had left her in the past. She wouldn't even be surprised if she was correct. Umbridge was an evil bitch. Even all of the paintings hung on the walls had been taken down. Seriously, what had been the reasoning behind that? They were paintings.

Despite everything else that had been going on at Hogwarts, Haven couldn't stop her mind from wondering back to Draco. Every time she thought about him she'd feel like she'd gotten punched in the gut. She should've listened to her friends. She knew what type of person he was, but still, deep down, she believed that he wasn't that bad. Apparently she was wrong. Thinking about his betrayal made her want to vomit. Haven didn't take putting her trust into people lightly, but it was like when she was around him, she couldn't think straight. Why else would she have invited him to the Order?

Haven scrunched her face up at the pain that throbbed from her arm. Umbridge was literally torturing them, just as she did to Harry months prior. The words burned into her skin, and she did her best not to groan out loud at the pain. She'd forced everyone that had been apart of the Order to go to the dining hall—which was now longer for eating. Instead, it was a room with desks, and she used it for punishment. It was like a giant detention hall.

The room was quiet, and Haven bit the inside of her cheek as she continued to write the lines Umbridge was making them jot down. Every so often, Haven would glance up to glare at the woman who sat at the front of the room. She was sitting on a golden throne as if she was some sort of royalty. Also, she looked way too happy up there for someone who was torturing her students. Haven resisted the urge to whip out her wand and attack her. Of course, she didn't. She was confused to why she was getting sudden bursts of anger though. Haven was definitely not a violent person.

Someone cleared their throat from behind Haven, but she didn't bother to look back until they did it a second time. Hesitantly, after making sure Umbridge wasn't watching her, Haven turned her head and felt her brows raise slightly in surprise once she saw Draco sitting there. Then, she narrowed her eyes at him, ignoring the question that was forming in her head. If he was working for Umbridge, why did he have to do lines, too?

With a quiet, annoyed huff, Haven faced forward in her seat. Draco dramatically coughed again, and Haven was honestly shocked that Umbridge hadn't heard him. She whipped her head around in his direction, her hair smacking her in the face as she did so. Haven stared at him expectedly.

His eyes darted to the front of the room, before he looked back to her, and leaned forward in his seat. "Can we talk?" He mouthed.

Haven frowned, her eyes squinting as she glared at him. "No," she mouthed back.

"Please? It's important, I need to tell you—"

"There is to be no talking!" Umbridge snapped from her seat, and Haven immediately spun around, slouching back into her chair as she continued to write the repeating words down. "Unless you want to do more lines, Miss Potter?"

Haven swallowed her bitterness. "No ma'am."

"Good. It's about time you children learned how to respect your superiors."

At this, Haven ducked her head and snorted to herself. Superior. Yeah right. The only thing Umbridge was superior at was being a colossal psychotic bitch.

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

— AUTHORS NOTE

you're welcome for the ✨angst✨

also i have breakdowns over draco every night i think this is a problem help

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 1.3K 40
under editing. this story includes : - fluff - angst - crack - au ------- 𝐻𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑘 : #14 on draco #18 on hufflepuff #369 on wattpad ...
6.5K 285 47
"𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥, 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘮 𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘩𝘪𝘴...
9.8K 57 38
𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥. *ˡᵒʷᵉʳᶜᵃˢᵉ ⁱⁿᵗᵉⁿᵈᵉᵈ*
305K 8.9K 55
"I will never ever let anything happen to you, you hear me? I would never let anyone or anything hurt you, and if anyone does hurt you, they'll never...