✔️ You're not him | K.TH

By metaemorphisis

[Completed] "You're not him." "But I can love you better than him." Slipping through a portal and ending up i... More

PROLOGUE
Who are you?
The Bodyguard
Dating Scandal
New Neighbours
Introductions
Fanboy-ing
Fake Love
Move In
Departmental Store
The Cleaner
Pack of Ramyeon
Board Meeting
Mr. Einstein
Personal Question
Kim Yeji
Pity & Trust
Squirrel with a bad stomach
The Kims
The Search
The File
Nothing but a Tragedy
Nothing but a Tragedy pt.2
You Belong with Me
You're not Alone
The Blonde Male
The Troublemaker
The Eavesdropper
Interlude: You're not him
Loneliness
Glass of Water
The Emergency Exit
The Telephone
You deserve better
Press Conference
Publicity Stunt
The Traitor
The Confession
Back to Reality
Employee's Party
Bunny Boy
The Autopsy
Make it Worth it
Roller coaster or Waterslide
Love Lies
EPILOGUE

Another Shopping Spree

4.3K 349 101
By metaemorphisis

CHAPTER ELEVEN
Another Shopping Spree

CHOI JISOO

Last evening, I finally got what I asked for.

Just when I was whining about not having a job, Hoseok walked into the flat like a blessing from God! Since he was insisting to repay me, I asked him if he could refer me to his company. Although he kindly obliged, he still gave me his payment which was ₩30,00,000 (roughly $2500). Later, we went together to the place he worked at.

It was supposedly one of the well known commercial cleaning services in Seoul and even though the hiring manager was quite pleased to earn a new employee, he still wanted my resume and photo identifications.

The only person who I could trust was Jungkook. He was probably the only one who could help me with the documents.

And so, here I was, sitting at his dining table as we worked together to build a resume and photo identities. I don't know how he was gonna do it, I didn't want to know either.

"So! You'll get the ID's within two or three days!" Jungkook closed his laptop and stretched.

"Thank you, Jungkook." I relaxed into my chair.

"Why do you need these though?" He plopped his chin onto his palm, supporting it with his elbows against the dining table.

"Jungkook, I can't possibly be stuck in this building forever. With no money and no work to do, I'll die out of boredom before the contract ends." I sighed deeply, "I found a place I could work at, and I want to give it a shot. Even though I've not tried anything like this before, I'm sure it'd be worth a try!"

"Noona, you're so optimistic at times. I can't believe you're stuck with someone like Hyung." He joked.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, hyung is so different from you. He's so moody all the time, hardly talks and... lonely."

"Yeah... I kind of noticed that yesterday. Is there a reason why he's like that?" I gasped, "Am I intruding his privacy?"

"No, no, you're not." He smiled a little and sighed, "It's just that... he's had a past. It's not too pretty and it's not my place either to disclose what happened."

I chewed on my lip, "I'm planning to give his house a little makeover..."

He looked up at me like a deer caught in headlights, "I... I don't think that's a good idea. Hyung is a creature of habit, he likes to keep things the way it is so he'll probably go feral if you change it up. And let me tell ya, it is NOT a pretty sight to see."

"Okay." I pouted and then grinned, "Do you wanna go shopping with me? I kinda earned some cash yesterday."

"Are you asking me on a date, Noona?" Jungkook chuckled, "Okay, okay! Stop glaring at me. I'll go!"

"Ahh, so tight!"

"I like it."

"Look at it, it can't even take my fingers in!" Jungkook removed the mitts and put it back in the basket, "I didn't like the pattern anyway."

I sighed and put the pair of mitts in the shopping cart and moved down the aisle. Jungkook being the gentleman he was, insisted that he wanted to push the cart around so I let him be. He followed me as I walked down the aisle.

"Aha!" I spotted a few cereal bowls and mugs on the stand. I looked around carefully and finally stuck to buying white cereal bowls with deep blue rims. Same with the coffee mugs. They were like a set so I even bought matching cutlery sets and plates to got together.

At the counter, I almost spent half of my earnings. I still had cooking ingredients to buy because Taehyung's pantry was much worse than Jungkook's and I could easily say that all Taehyung ate was take-aways.

"Doesn't she look like Taehyung oppa's girlfriend?" I heard someone whisper and looked at Jungkook.

"Look, it's Jungkook oppa! It is her!"the second girl gasped. I quickly paid the cashier and rushed out of the shop with Jungkook pushing the cart with all his might.

After a few hours of shopping, we unloaded the car. We had to get help from the security staff of the complex to help us with taking all the shopping items back to Taehyung's flat.

A few journey - back and forth from the car park to the flat - later, Jungkook and I stepped in to sort out the mess in the kitchen.

"WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THIS!"

I jumped out of my bones when an angry voice echoed throughout the room, but Jungkook soon caught me by the shoulders and steadied me, "Feral mode." He whispered.

I looked up at Taehyung, and just like Jungkook said... he was indeed... feral. His face was red with all the blood rushing up and nose flaring like a bull ready to stab us with its horns. I shivered at the imagination.

"Okay! I had a great evening! I'll see you soon, Noona!" Jungkook chuckled hesitantly.

"Jungk-" he was already out the door, leaving me all alone with a fuming Taehyung. How was I going to tame this bull?

"Umm... I, uh, bought s-some things for us..."

"Us? US?" He scoffed and ruffled his hair, walking straight to me, "What are you? My mom? Oh wait, you are starting to think you're my real girlfriend, aren't you?"

"Taehyung, I-"

"You, what? Listen, you might think this is your golden shot at having me all to yourself. But guess what! That's never going to happen! You are just a delusional bitch who wants a piece of my money, my fame and my popul-"

I couldn't control myself. It was too late before I realised the sharp sound that echoed throughout the room when my palm came in contact with his cheek. Everything seemed to slow down around me and I took a few, trembling steps backwards. My vision was blurry, my throat was aching and my chest felt so heavy that my breaths turned shallow, "Don't you e-ever talk to like that ever again..."

I felt a sting in my heart when I saw Taehyung cupping his red cheek, hair disheveled, eyes glazed with disgust and disappointment.

He's not Tae. He's not Tae. Tae would never say such things to you. Tae would never hurt you like this.

KIM TAEHYUNG

"You're not him." I heard her whisper.

I didn't get what she meant by that and right now that wasn't my concern as my cheek stung. Her eyes were bloodshot and her cheeks were littered with wet trails of hot tears. She turned away and slammed her bedroom door shut. I could hear little sniffs and muffled cries coming from the inside of the room.

I...

I groaned in frustration and ruffled my hair. My eyes fell upon the numerous bags placed on the kitchen island. I sighed and made my way to it. I could see groceries and new cutlery sets. I carefully removed the ceramic sets and placed them in the previously empty cabinets. I must admit, her taste was quite good and... expensive.

Where did she get all that money from? Hope it's not mine...

There were a few hand towels and mitts. I tried them on but they were too tight for me, but probably perfect for her petite fingers.

I sighed for the umpteenth time and leaned against the counter.

I really hurt her, didn't I?

I put the groceries away and cleaned the counter. I sunk into a chair and laid my head down on the marble surface. It was only 5 in the evening, but I felt so drained already.

Well... that escalated.

Anyway, about the updates, I'll try updating this book every TUESDAY AND THURSDAY!

And THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 600 reads ALREADY!???😭😭❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 246 18
"Legend has it that, the prince Jeon Jungkook never wanted to be a prince so he ran away, no one knew where till one day the King's army found him...
952K 49.4K 33
"I love you Jungkook" -Taehyung "Shut up! I don't love you." - Jungkook Suddenly it all Flipped. Started:...
67.5K 2.5K 46
"I got me someone else instead, he's taking your side of the bed" in which a stan continuously watches her stan like her posts until she does a face...
41.9K 1.2K 21
"What if love wasn't made for everyone?" Y/N doesn't have good experience in love, which makes her think that love wasn't made for her. But, can some...