The Great Pretender (Reader I...

By LolOk29

Makoto Edamura, a Japanese swindler, has been through alot during his life. But one day he meets you and Laur... More

The Beginning
Los Angeles Connection 1.1
Los Angeles Connection 1.1.2
Los Angeles Connection 1.2.1
Los Angeles Connection 1.2.2
Los Angeles Connection 1.3.1
Los Angeles Connection 1.3.2
Los Angeles Connection 1.3.3
Los Angeles Connection 1.4
Meine Probleme 1
Meine Probleme 2
Meine Probleme 3
Meine Probleme 4
Meine Probleme 5
Singapore Sky 2.1

The Beginning PT. 2

1.7K 55 65
By LolOk29

Third Person POV

"How do you like it?" The store worker asked Edamura as he was looking in a full body mirror.

"I was aiming for interlectual not geek chic," Laurent said fixing his suit.

He looked up realising Edamura was looking at him.

"Hey, how come your suit looks like, way classier than mine?" Edamura asked fixing his glasses.

Laurent got up, "Relax, you look great," he then added, "same watch as mine, please."

"Of course."

Walking towards Edamura, "And I think, you'll need a tie clip too."

Reasting his hand on Edamura's shoulder and turning him to look at the mirror.

"Let's see, mm so much better than a pocket square," Laurent said putting a pen into Edamura's pocket.

Laurent put his signature on a paper to pay for the bill.

"By the way, I haven't introduced myself," He said handing th lady the bill, "My name is Laurent."

Edamura just looked at him lazily, "Makoto Edamura."

There was a slight pause, "Eh-Edamame?"

Causing Edamura to groan in annoyance, "It's not Edamame, it's Edamura!"

"Sorry, Japanese names are complicated."

"Hey, are you guys don't yet?" A voice asked.

"Oh we were just finishing up," Laurent said turning around, "Aren't you a sight for sore eyes."

Edamura turned to face the woman, then started blushing, "You-you, you look amazing."

(All I'm gonna say is that you're wearing a suit, think of it)

"Aw thanks Edamura," Y/N said smiling.

"Hmm, I think putting your hair up would complete the look," Laurent suggested.

"Oh no, you don't get to tell me how to do my hair, Sac de saleté Monsieur /Mister Dirtbag!"

"I'm kidding, let's be on our way now, we can't waste anymore time," Laurent said walking pass Y/N.

They were now driving to the client, who lived in Beverly Hills.

"WHAT?! THIS PLACE IS GINORMOUS!" Edamura yelled.

"It's the norm around here," Laurent said not surprised at all.

"It's not that big, to be honest," Y/N said.

They noticed some men walking towards the big gates they were outside of.

"Those gangsta looking guys are walking over," Edamura mumbled worriedly causing Laurent to look at him.

"They don't just look like gangstas, they are," Laurent whispered.

"Wha?!"

"¿Hola amigos, como esta?" Laurent asked.

The big, tan guy infront moved his hand to his pocket, "I don't remember having any friends from France."

Y/N's POV

Laurent conversed with the guy.

"I brought samples, come on let me in," Laurent said,"This is my friend from Japan and his French assistant, he's a little bit timid and she can't speak English properly. But I just know he'd love to play with a big guy like you."

"Get off," Edamura said wanting Laurent to let go of him.

The big guy walked towards the gate to open it, letting us in.

"Gracias Amigos, " Laurent said.

"Merci," I said after.

As we walked into the ginormous mansion, I saw a weird painting by this famous artist on the wall.

"Bon goût dans l’art que je vois/Good taste in the art I see," I mumbled but one of the guys looked at me.

"Oh, I was only saying he has a good taste in art," I said in a heavy French accent.

We continued walking through the house.

Edamura looked nervous, 'he's too cute for me'

I thought smiling at him.

We arrived outside to the backyard where the pool is.

" Wait right here, "the big guy said walking downstairs.

Two girls who were outside the pool were talking about, I'm assuming, Edamura.

They waved at both Laurent and Edamura, earning a wave back from Laurent.

" Hey, isn't that? That's the dude we saw on the news, "Edamura said.

"Film production a front, he's really Hollywood's Mafia," I whispered to Edamura.

"You seriously gonna scam a mobster?!" Edamura whisper-yelled.

"That's part of the fun sweetie," I said resting both hands on his shoulders causing him to tense up.

I moved out of the way so Laurent could access the product.

"What are you tryna sell him?" Edamura asked.

Laurent took out the Japanese candy, in a hold tin with pink wrapping, shaking it a bit, "Just this stuff."

"Candy?!"

"Don't mock it, Japan knows how to put out some high quality product," Laurent explained, "I'm gonna sell it to him for 5 pay coins."

Edamura laughed a bit, "No one's gonna pay 5 hundred bucks for some candy."

"You're right, they'd pay 5 million," Laurent said.

Edamura put his hand to his chin looking up, "Hmm, 5 million, huh?"

'hes gonna blow in 3......2......1'

"Five Million?!!" Edamura yelled, "For candy, you gotta be kidding?!"

"Let the games begin my friend ," Laurent said walking towards his client.

I put my hand on Edamura's shoulder pushing him forward a bit, "Come on, let's have some fun."

"Caught you in the news Eddie," Laurent said in a welcoming tone.

"Prison cells not that bad, the script was a piece of shit," Eddie said sitting down behind us, "Dicaprio's never gonna take this role, so why should I waste money on it?"

He looked up, straight at me.

"Who's she?"

"I am assistant for Doctor," I said in my French accent.

"What's up with your accent?"

"Our dear assistant is from France like moi," Laurent said resting his hands on my shoulder.

"oh really? Why don't you join the girls in the pool?" Eddie suggested.

"Oh l’enfer non vous fils visqueux d’un Oh bon sang non vous fils visqueux d’un pervers/ Oh hell no, you slimy son of a pervert," I said.

"What was that?"

"She said she doesn't have a swimsuit," Laurent wrongly translated.

"oh I can solve that, head on inside, I have a butler waiting to give you one," Eddie said as I made my way inside but not before glaring at Laurent.

Third Person POV

There was a brown girl in a red swimsuit laying on a green floaty in the pool.

"Anyway, personal film here," Eddie continued his conversation with Laurent.

"Alas, with the deterioration of Hollywood never cease," Laurent said.

"ABBIE!" Eddie called out for the girl mention earlier,"WAKE UP, GET OUR GUESS SOME CHANPAGNE!"

The said girl opened her eyes and swam over. Just in time Edamura turned around.

"That's my new girl, quite the looker," Eddie explained, "but not alot going on upstairs."

"I see, she's certainly an attractive young lady," Laurent said looking at Abbie, "I'm sure she'll be walking the red carpet in no time."

Edamura was blushing as he saw Abbie fix her swim bottoms.

"Ha, she can't do that, she barely speaks English," Eddie said, Maybe I can get somebody to teach her how to dance. "

Just then the doors opened to reveal Y/N in a (F/C) swimsuit.

Edamura at this point looked like a tomato.

" Heureux, Laurent? / Happy, Laurent?" She asked.

"Amusez-vous bien, n’est-ce pas pour ça ? / Just have some fun, isn't that what you're here for?" Laurent asked.

Nodding the girl ran and cannonballed into the pool.

"hm"

"Oh, it's nice to meet you," Edamura said bowing.

"His English is pretty good isn't it?" Laurent smiled.

"He looks awfully young," Eddie pointed out.

"Everybody always thinks he's a high school student," Laurent said arms crossed and smiling.

"This is the mastermind behind the product?"

"Yes it is, Dr.Edamura is an absolute genius," Laurent said as Edamura smiled nervously.

Laurent reached for his pen that was in Edamura's Pocket, "Doctor?!"

"So Eddie you got an I. D somewhere for him?" Laurent asked.

"Show me the goods first," Eddie ordered.

Laurent pulled out a small bag that looks like its filled the drugs,"Lets start at the beginning. The raw material."

"That's the stuff, huh?" Eddie asked as Abbie was handing Edamura a glass of Champagne to which he took it saying a small 'thank you'.

"I'm not thirsty," Laurent said putting his hand in his pocket, "but thanks.

Y/N on the other hand got up and out of the pool and walked over to Abbie," Je vais prendre ce merci/ I'll take that thank you."

"Abbie, you wanna give it a try?" Eddie asked earning a happy gasp from Abbie.

"really?!" Abbie said in an foreign accent.

"Hold on, this is no joke," Laurent said earning a groan of annoyance from Abbie.

"Puis-je essayer aussi? / Can I try as well?" Y/N asked handing the rest of her drink to Abbie.

"Sure but if you snort it raw, you'll end up dead," Laurent explained as Abbie drank the rest of the Champagne.

"It has to be processed first," Laurent finished.

"into what?"

"We'll I'm sure you know how outdated snorting and injecting are these days," Laurent said pulling out the gold and pink tin opening it and taking out two sweets.

"Now both of you open wide," Laurent said to Y/N and Abbie, "Say ah~"

"Ah~," both Abbie and Y/N said receiving the candy into their mouth but nothing happened.

"Laurent, my clients are too prestigious to get their fix from candy- hm" Eddie said but was cut off.

"Hmm, it very good but-" Y/N was cut off by an adrenaline rush and so was Abbie.

Causing both girls to start laughing like the hand seen the funniest thing in the world.

Edamura looked confused. As Laurent just smirked.

The other girls in the pool looked over as well.

" HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA!!!" Both girls laughed out.

Abbie started jumping around crazily while Y/N on the other hand danced around like she was drunk, also jumping higher than the average human.

Abbie did a backflip away from everyone, jumping backwards once she was at the edge of the pool, landing on the other side. Still laughing.

Y/N on the other hand was doing a handstand and walking on the edge of the pool to which she did multiple front flips landing on one foot. Balancing and still laughing. Edamura was completely confused.

Abbie then bit the candy causing her eyes to widen. Which caused her to do more flips, then swing onto one of the trees like a monkey. Doing more flips, landing on one of the sun beds and landing in the pool. Floating up with a face filled with peace.

Y/N was now getting ready to run and jump, when she did she look like a ballerina and landed gracefully on the other side of the pool. Then falling backwards floating next to Abbie with peace also wrttien on her face.

Everyone's eyes were wide like dinner plates at this point.

Eddie stuttered and stood up.

"And all that from just one little piece of candy," Laurent said.

Edamura was staring in disbelief at the two girls who were now floating peacefully in the pool.

"Japan's way ahead, this uses their advance pharmaceuticals and the latest synthetic narcotics, its magic," Laurent explained, "Sakura Magic and Eddie I'm gonna sell it to you exclusively, its ten grand per case and each case contains a thousand units. Contracts gotta include the doctors commission cost plus the esclusivity ( probably spelt wrong) fee, Five million all together , cash of course."

"That's a heafty price tag," Eddie pointed out.

"Well, how much is true happiness worth?" Laurent asked sitting on the couch next to Eddie, "It's inconspicuous, no needle marks, no running nose, almost completely undetectable in urine test and if it's exclusively yours, every lister in America, no, in the world would be coming to you. Because of one man. That's right, chemical research institute of Japan's young and bright pharmaceutical expert, Dr. Edamura. "

Laurent said as Edamura turned around smiling a very weird and creepy smile.

" But where are my manners? "Laurent said getting up and walking towards the pool," ANY OF YOU GIRLS WANNA GIVE IT A TRY TOO!!?!? "

The other girls who were in the pool came running towards Laurent and Edamura surrounding him and laughing.

In the pool was still Abbie and Y/N.

" Great acting Abbie," Y/N whispered earning a nod.

Back with Laurent and Edamura.

" Easy, who ever cleans the doctor's glass, gets it," Laurent said causing a blonde girl to grab his champagne glass.

"Hm what was that?" Laurent whispered to Edamura, "Open wide."

And with that he shoved the 'drug' into his mouth causing Edamura to widen his eyes.

"Would you look at the doc, he swallowed it whole, guess he's in the mood for an even bigger high, huh?" Laurent said to the froup of girls.

Edamura hand his right hand covering his mouth while his left was holding Laurent arm which showed the watch they were both wearing.

" So which of these mouths are next? "

Seeing this caused Edamura to have a flashback to his old partner, Kudo and the elderly lady who had the same watch. His eyes widened even more and he screamed out surprising  everyone.

He grabbed the candy and ran off, jumping over the chair only to be caught by the big, tan guy and was thrown to the floor.

He then turned around and pointed the gun at him.

POW!

A gunshot echoed through out the backyard. Causing everyone to duck but just long enough for him to run through the house.

"Dammit!" Eddie yelled.

Y/N's POV

I heard a gun shot and immediately got out of the pull to see Edamura run through the door.

'I'll go after him I guess'

I thought running after him after grabbing a jacket while I'm still in a swimsuit.

I was running after him but the big, tan guy passed me. I saw Edamura grab...... dirt?

And proceeded to run to the gate with me and Big guy in persuit.

He tried to open to open it and looked back to the big guy coming for him.

I decided to climb over the wall and meet him on the other side.

After a few seconds Edamura came climbing over and grabbing his bag.

"WAIT, EDAMURA!!!" I yelled running after him. Once we were a bit away, he slowed down a bit and looked back to see me.

"Huh, did you follow me?" He asked.

"Yes I- give me a moment," I said still panting like crazy.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to have you come after me," He apologised.

"It's fine."

He looked at me then his eyes started to wonder down until his eyes widened, "YOU'RE IN YOUR SWIMSUIT, OH GOD I'M SORRY!!!"

I just laughed and walked over to him, "It's alright, I had fun anyway." I kissed his cheek.

"Je t’aime, des trucs mignons,/ I love you cute stuff," I said as I walked passed him but since he couldn't understand me he just looked at me.

Third Person POV

(a few minutes ago)

The big, tan guy held on to the gate as he glared at Edamura's retreating figure, his eyes red and puffy from when Edamura through dirt in them.

"HEY GO GET THE CAR!!"

"What the hell is Salazar doing?" Eddie asked,"Anyway, your stuff's amazing."

"I know," Laurent said.

"Mr. Big boss can I have some more?" Abbie asked still a smiling mess.

At the gates, they were opened and a black car drove out fast heading in the same direction as Edamura.

"OK, fine," Eddie said.

"Thank you much," Laurent said, "I'll go talk to the doctor and get him back here."

Laurent turned to Eddie, "By the way, I think he's got a crush on Abbie, mind if I borrow her?"

"Help yourself," Eddie said.

-Now with Edamura and Y/N-

They were in an alleyway.

He was gasping for air.

"I told you not to continue running," Y/N said, "Man you're cute but you need to use that brain of yours more."

"That asshole," he muttered out, completely ignoring what Y/N had said.

"Are you talking about me?" Laurent asked as it startled Edamura and made Y/N look up.

Laurent pointed to his tie indicating Edamura to look at his.

"What the? GPS?" Edamura said taking the tie pin off and walking backwards, "Stay away from me."

He then bumped into Y/N's chest making me stop and look back, he blushed a bit but it quickly disappeared.

"who the hell are you?" Edamura asked.

"Il n’a toujours pas encore compris hein? / he still hasn't figured it out yet, huh?" Y/N sighed.

Laurent kept walking closer and closer.

"You used me as the fricken drug mule," Edamura said, walking past Y/N, still walking backwards,"stay back, I got a black belt in karate!"

Edamura started making weird 'karate' noises, then ran towards Laurent making Y/N stap aside.

Edamura was about to attack Laurent until until he moved and tripped Edamura just then "A wild Abbie appeared" and crane kicked him in the chin.

Y/N flinched slightly.

"Did you have to hit him so hard Abbie?" Y/N sighed.

"No mercy," Was all Abbie said.

Laurent caught the glasses that were on Edamura's face. Edamura was now on the groaning in pain barely conscious.

"What was that?" Laurent asked.

"Crane kick," Abbie answered bluntly.

-In Japan-

"Hey fellas, you like acting like cops!"

"Yea!"

"Eat up boys, this one's on me," Kudo yelled.

-At the house the old lady was scammed-

She walked through the house, into the kitchen and towards the back door.

"That hot spring was incredible," a male voice said.

"I still can't believe we won that prize," The voice of an elderly woman was heard.

"I don't even remember ever entering contest, do you?" The male voice asked.

"You are getting forgetful lately," The old woman said, "oh but it is nice to be back home."

She walked to the sink only to see the water filter,"huh, is that a water filter?!"

-Back In LA-

On the Hollywood sign upside down held none other than Makoto Edamura.

"HEEEEELP MEEEE PLEEASSE!!!"

"impressive," Laurent said,"and your english is getting better."

Causing Edamura to open his eyes and look down to where he heard the voice.

"Let me down!" Edamura yelled, "I won't let you get away with this!"

"What was that?" Laurent said.

"HEY, EDAMURA, YOU OK?!" Y/N asked knowing damn well he wasn't.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK?!" He yelled back causing the woman to giggle.

"Your sadistic side is showing," Laurent whispered to the smiling female.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU ANYWAY?!"

"I am a Confidence Man," Laurent replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 3.3K 22
My relationship with Sasuke must be kept a secret. Due to the fact that we live in such a small village, everybody knows us and news spreads around...
114 8 8
The events of Tomoe's brainwashing still linger in Lupin's mind and the people who love him are worried about him. Lupin is forced to face his emotio...
58 0 5
While Mozzie runs a monster movie con in Japan, Neal unexpectedly stars in an underwater horror tale in New York City. June-July 2006. Part of the Ca...
27 0 5
Neal and Diana go undercover to thwart video game pirates. January 2006. This story takes place after the events in Italian Masquerade (Caffrey Conve...