My Billionaire Cure

By Selenabanford

"Are you okay?" The three words he fell for. The three words he wanted to hear. The three words that cured hi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Epilogue
New Story

Chapter 42

150K 6.1K 2.1K
By Selenabanford

The little boy hid behind the door to peak at his little sister who was born just a few days ago. His mom sat on the bed, breastfeeding the small baby while cradling her in her arms. James, the nightmare of his life sat next to his mother as he caressed the small baby.

He was happy but yet jealous that his sister received all the love that he never had. His mother who pitied him at the beginning now tortured him for entertainment. His stepdad who never looked at him with love continued to release his frustration through him.

The boy edged closer to the door to get a better view but the door creased making a loud sound. The boy whimpered as he heard foot steps on the other side, stomping towards him in anger.

The door suddenly flew open and James stood, gritting his teeth in anger. He held the boy by his collar and lifted him off the ground.

"What did I tell you about coming to this floor?" He roared in anger, tightening his hold on the little boy.

"I-I just wanted to see my sister" tears streamed down the boy's face as he trembled in fear.

"You have no sister. You are even lucky that I'm still keeping you alive. If I see you here again I won't hesitate to starve you to death. You understand me?" The boy nodded and James spat on the his face and threw him to the floor.

He kicked his face and pushed him off the stairs. The boy rolled down to the ground and bit his lip to stop the cries that were trying to escape his lips. His wailing would only anger his mother and James more.

The boy slowly stood up and wiped the blood off his lips. He limped to the window and opened it to gaze at the small shabby house next to them. Barabara's house.

He lifted himself off the ground and jumped out of the window. A truck came into his view and he quickly hid behind the bushes as he recognised it. It was the truck of Kyle, the man who read his letter on Christmas and embarrassed him in front of everyone.

The door of it opened and Kyle and Logan came out. The two men who always tortured him whenever they get drunk.

The little boy quickly dashed to the other house and jumped inside through the window.

"Oh my god" the girl yelled in shock and patted her heart, trying to slow her rapid breathing.

"Marky there's a door over there. You don't have to jump from the window"

"I will jump if I want to"

"How rude"

The boy walked to the kitchen as he heard a baby cry. Barbara's daughter was born not long ago. Just few days after his sister, Clara was born.

"Young master. You are here" Barbara stood up from the chair with a smile on her face but it quickly changed seeing the blood on the boy's face.

"Young master. What happened to you?" She handed over her daughter to the girl and came running to the him.

"I'm alright. I came to see your daughter. Can I hold her?"

Barbara looked at him in pity and sighed loudly. "Sure. Meghan give the baby to young master"

The girl gave the small baby to the boy who looked at the little girl lying in his arms with adoration.

"Did you give her a name?"

" Mommy and I didn't come up with a good one yet. What's your sister's name?"

"Her name is Clara. But I don't like that name very much"

"Then what do you like?"

"Um.. Rebecca. I like the name Rebecca"

The girl's face beamed with happiness and she shouted in joy.

"Mommy our sister's name is Rebecca. I like that name."

"No that's my sister's name"

"Your sister's name is already Clara. So we will take the name Rebecca"

The boy narrowed his eyes angrily and glared at the girl who glared back at him.

"Young master can I speak to you alone for a second?"

"Sure"

Barbara looked at her daughter and waited till she walked away.

"My friend who worked as a bartender at the club looked more into the person who was with your mother that night and Master, he found your real father"

"My father?"

"Yes. His name is Carlton Anderson. He is a rich man in New York. The heir of the Empire group.  Should I contact him?"

"No. He doesn't even know of my existence. I don't want to leave you and be with a stranger"

"But you suffer everyday"

"But my favourite time is with you. I won't leave you"

...

I paced back and forth in the living room thinking whether to call Marcus's mom or not.

His birthday was next week and everything else other than this was already arranged. Marcus left early in the morning for a meeting and this was my best chance to talk to her.

"Is everything all right Camilla?" Madeline asked me while cleaning the table.

"Yeah yeah everything's alright"

I gave her a tight smile and walked outside to take fresh air. My palms were sweating with anxiety as I dialed the numbers.

I kept the phone in my ear and tapped my foot impatiently waiting for her to pick up. I was even lucky that the number still worked.

"Hello"

My body went rigid as I heard a melodious voice on the other end. I tried opening my mouth to speak but no words came out.

"Hello" the women spoke again and I finally braced myself to speak.

"Hi. Um... Is this Kaitlyn Jones?"

"Yes. May I know who's speaking?"

"I'm-I'm Camilla Anderson"

"Uh, Do I know you?"

I let out an anxious laugh and cleared my throat to speak again.

"I'm Marcus's wife"

I waited for her response but it was dead silent. I didn't even hear her breathing so I wasn't sure if she was actually there.

"Hello are you still there?" I asked with uncertainty.

"Yes I'm. It's nice to speak to you Camilla. I never thought that I would get the chance to speak to my son's wife"

"Pleasure is all mine. I actually called you because his birthday is next week and I have planned a small family party for him. To surprise him, I wanted to bring you there. I know I'm asking a lot. It's okay if you don't want to come but I guess he would be really really happy to see you again"

Again it was eerie quiet. Then I heard a hoarse laugh on the other end.

"You really don't know him well, do you?"

"Um.. I'm not sure what you meant but may I know whether you can come or not"

"I will , I will come. It has been a long time since I saw my little boy. His father had kept me away, preventing me from meeting him but I'm glad that you are inviting me to his birthday."

"I'm so happy that you agreed. Can you send me your details so that I can pick you up in the morning?"

"Oh dear I live in Kentucky"

"Um.. then I will book a flight. Only if it's okay with you"

"I'm okay with anything. I'm as excited as much as you are for his birthday. Looking forward to meeting you soon"

"Thanks a lot. I owe you"

After sharing some more pleasantries I cut the call and walked inside to slump on the couch.

"Camilla will you be going to work today?" Madeline asked me and I gasped loudly and ran to the stairs.

I completely forgot about work. It was already late and I had a lot to do.  Sarah will surely kill me when I get there.

I quickly changed into my work attire and ran outside after saying goodbyes to Madeline. The snow wasn't as heavy as it was a few weeks ago. Small snow flakes fell on my hair and I brushed it away annoyingly making my hair into a mess again.

I halt to a stop in front of Marcus's building and gave the security my keys to park the car in the parking lot. My building was still under renovation but it will quickly end and I can go back to it with my staff.

I apologized everyone I met for being late and got on the elevator to quickly reach Marcus's floor. I skidded along the hallway until I met his room and next to it was his meeting room. The walls were see-through so Marcus saw me walking like a penguin to his room.

Giving an awkward smile I opened the door and went inside in embarrassment.

"So late. Is this how you work?" Sarah dumped a stack of files on my table and complained.

"Sorry mom I missed the bus" I said giving out a chuckle.

"Very funny. I'm surprised that you even know buses existed"

"Heyy. I know normal life"

"Oh please"

"Regina George!"

Sarah gasped at my words and stabbed her heart with an imaginary knife.

"I'm not mean"

"Yes you are"

Before she could say anything the door opened and Marcus came inside.

"Camilla why were you late?"

"Mommy tell dad the reason" I said to Sarah in a mock tone.

"You mean daddy"  Sarah teased back and I gaped at her, my jaw almost touching the ground. I snatched a blank paper and curled it into a ball before throwing it at Sarah.

"Get out"

Sarah giggled loudly and left after closing the door.

I looked at Marcus who was staring at me with a smirk.

"Mm. Daddy. I like it. Call me that" Marcus walked towards me and bent down to kiss me but I stopped his lips with my index finger.

"I'll just surrender myself to my mom's blueberry pie rather than calling you that"

Marcus face formed into a small pout. "Then how about babe?"

"No. Ew so cheesy" I made a disgusted face and complained. 

Marcus glared at me for a while and leaned back to walk to his table. He didn't even look at me once as he went back to working.

"Wait, are you mad because I didn't call you babe?"

Marcus still kept quiet and opened his laptop to immerse himself in whatever he was doing.

"Marcus"

I called again but he didn't take one single glance at me.

"Marcus"

Still no response.

"Babe"

"Yes"

I laughed out loud as he responded to the word babe. He was sometimes so childish but I found that cute.

"Oh my god Marcus you can't be serious" I exclaimed in mock and Marcus's scowl deepened hearing his name again.

"Okay okay babe. I will call you that from now on" I raised my hands up in surrender and his tensed muscles relaxed, forming into a smile.

"Good. Now come on to my lap" Marcus patted his lap like it was a completely normal thing to do in an office.

"No we are at work"

"So what? This is my office and there's no one above me in this company" I narrowed my eyes and glared at him and Marcus also narrowed his eyes, glaring back it me as if we were having a mind arguement.

"Uh fine so annoying" I bent my head back and groaned before walking to sit on his lap.

Marcus dragged me by the hand and pulled me onto his lap. I adjusted myself so that I was comfortable in his arms and then leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Heard that you are planing some family party for my birthday"

"Oh my god who told you that?"

"Jake"

"What the hell! I'm gonna kill him"

Well it's not something unusual. He always had a lousy mouth he had no control of. He likes to explain each and everything and also talks a lot . Back then when he was in middle school he had his first kiss and then came home and explained it to me for hours about how it felt.

I fear the day he finally loses his virginity because I was pretty sure that he would explain it for weeks and that's the last thing I needed.

"Did I ruin the surprise?" Marcus smirked and bent down to trail his lips on my arm.

"No. That's not the surprise. And I'm very thankful to myself that I didn't tell the real surprise to Jake"

"Tell me"

"No"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a forehead kiss but he dragged me to him and crashed his lips on mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 5.1K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
203K 8K 41
"Don't be rude Brat", the jerk husband of mine whispered in my ears. I rolled my eyes but my temper was rising and rising. "You can't wait to kill me...
1.6K 101 13
"I am sorry. I thought it would lessen your headache without medicine. Too many medicines are dangerous, and you eat too many. I am sorry. Please don...
383K 7.3K 44
***Completed*** *Mature Content Warning* TW: Car accident, Depression, sexual content His touch made me shiver as I couldn't take my eyes off of his...