His Secret Mermaid ✓

By atlas-carter

[COMPLETED] ***READ THE NON-KPOP VERSION OF THIS STORY @atlas_carter*** "H-Hey! Watch it! I don't wan... More

His Secret Mermaid
Prologue
Chapter 1: Hermit Crab
Chapter 2: Gold Coin
Chapter 3: Late Night At The Beach
Chapter 4: Puffer-Fish
Chapter 5: The Scale
Chapter 6: Hyung, Can You Keep A Secret?
Chapter 7: My Name Is Jungkook
Chapter 8: New Shell
Chapter 9: Exchanging Gifts
Chapter 10: Potato Chips
Chapter 11: Promise Me
Chapter 12: A Story Of The Hyungs
Chapter 13: Night Exploration
Chapter 14: Her Past
Chapter 16: Live With Jk & Jhope
Chapter 17: Kiss Of Hidden Feelings
Chapter 18: The Sirens' Return
Chapter 19: Moon Pool
Chapter 20: Siren's Seduction
Chapter 21: Oceana
Chapter 22: The Solution
Chapter 23: Secret Of A Mermaid
Chapter 24: Jealousy In Run BTS [P1]
Chapter 25: Underwater Fun In Run BTS [P2]
Chapter 26: She Is Different
Chapter 27: Hyung Kissed Y/N [P1]
Chapter 28: Siren Moon Pool [P2]
Chapter 29: Beware The Sirens
Chapter 30: Farewell Sirens
Chapter 31: Hint Of Flirtation
Chapter 32: The Picture
Chapter 33: Striking a Deal
Chapter 34: Dr. Kai [P1]
Chapter 35: Mission Retrieve The Vile [P2]
Chapter 36: Explanations
Chapter 37: A Warning From Dr. Kai
Chapter 38: The Kidnap [P1]
Chapter 39: The Rescue [P2]
Chapter 40: Oceana's Secret
Chapter 41: Sirens In The News
Chapter 42: Sirens' Disappearance
Chapter 43: Who Is Dr Kai?
Chapter 44: Blame
Chapter 45: You Are Being Sued
Chapter 46: A Hint Of Purple
Chapter 47: Mutual Feelings
Chapter 48: Y/N & Oceana Are Coming Back [P1]
Chapter 49: Vengeful Scientist [P2]
Chapter 50: Let Me Save You One Last Time [P3]
Epilogue
End Of Story Author's Note

Chapter 15: Girlfriend Suspicion

617 31 3
By atlas-carter

Jungkook woke up, feeling content. He got a good night sleep. He knew all about Y/N and about her past. He was glad that she trusted him enough to tell him.

He didn't realize just how complicated her past was, but he realized fully now that despite her not trusting him with the information, he started to think that the reason she didn't tell him was because she was truly protecting him from the truth that those who mess with sirens end up dead.

He didn't want to die, that's for sure, but as long as he didn't tell anybody then he wouldn't have to be killed. Y/N had told him that she hadn't seen her pod in 50 years, so it would be highly unlikely that they would find out about them seeing each other, but he still worried. He wondered what he would do if her pod showed up and wondered if they would kill him. Then again, if they didn't lure him into the water then maybe he would just have his memories taken away like how Y/N's former human lover had been.

He shrugged as he put the finishing touches to his video edit that he finally finished. He let out an exasperated sigh when he pressed the save button. He had been working on this for so long, it felt nice that he was finally done and he could show it to ARMY and his hyungs. He had made triple sure that no images or footage of Y/N was in there.

He added music to it and sound effects. He even added captions. He played the video one more time to make sure that it was perfect before showing his hyungs. Every time a new picture or clip came on, he smiled remembering the times he took them. He giggled at his side comments and the little effects that he added in.

Once the video was finished, he smiled in satisfaction before pressing save again. He saved it in several places, so that he wouldn't ever lose it. Then he walked out of his studio and went to his hyungs. Seokjin was in the kitchen making a snack, Taehyung was playing a video game on his computer, Namjoon was reading, Yoongi was taking a nap on one of the sofas, and Hoseok and Jimin were watching a movie. He approached them slowly.

"Hyungs," he called out to them. When they heard him, they all looked up, besides Yoongi who kept on sleeping, and smiled at him greeting.

"Hey Jungkook, are you all done with the video?" Hoseok asked curiously. Jungkook nodded in response as a smile spread across his face. The others all smiled at that as Namjoon shook Yoongi's shoulder to wake him up. Yoongi grumbled and groaned, but reluctantly woke up when Namjoon mentioned that Jungkook had finished the video.

"It took a while, but it's all completed now. Wait until you see it. It's really cool. I made it so like it's as if you're actually underwater," Jungkook stated with an excited grin. The others all had intrigued expressions on their faces as they followed him down the hallway and into his studio. They all sat down as he set it up. "Can you close the light? It'll look really cool if it's dark in the room."

"Sure thing. Do you want me to close the door too?" Jimin asked in wonder as he placed his hand on the door, waiting for the go-ahead from Jungkook, who gave a firm nod. He then closed the door and turned the light off before returning to his seat. They all gathered around Jungkook's computer and looked at the screen in anticipation. Jungkook took a deep breath as he turned up the volume and started the video.

The members watched the video and stifled laughs at Jungkook's side comments, but as the video went on, their gazes were showing nothing but pure awe and amazement. They couldn't believe that he had managed to get all of this beautiful and clear footage. "WOWs" and "Oohs" and other exclamations could be heard from the members as they watched the video. Jungkook smiled proudly the whole time and giggled in amusement at his hyung's expressions. Once the video came to a close, he turned the light back on and looked at his hyungs.

"So? What did you think?" He asked with a huge grin.

"It was... wow, that's all I have to say about it," Yoongi commented as he let out a bewildered breath.

"Yeah, I agree with Yoongi, it really was amazing Jungkook. It blew my mind away," Hoseok mentioned as he demonstrated with his hands his mind being blown. The others all chuckled in amusement and agreement to that.

"You did a fantastic job on it Jk, ARMY is going to love it," Seokjin complimented with a proud smile as he patted the younger one on the back gently. Jungkook smiled at that as he took in all of the compliments from his hyungs.

"Are you going to upload it right away?" Taehyung asked curiously. Jungkook nodded in response. "Ok, then we'll tweet about it. Oh! Maybe we can even make a reaction video to it."

"Hehe, sure, but after I upload it," Jungkook answered with a laugh as he opened Youtube. He uploaded the video, but it took a while since the video was rather long and had lots of content in it. "Sigh, it might be a while until we can make a reaction video."

"That's ok. We can do something else in the meantime," Jimin said with a shrug as he thought, "We can do a live."

"No, if we're going to do a reaction video then we don't need to do a live on top of that," Namjoon stated as he shook his head before looking at the video, "It's already halfway done uploading. I don't think it'll be much longer, so let's just find something simple to do to pass the time." They nodded as they thought of something to do.

"007 Bang?" Seokjin asked unsure. He glanced at the others with a curious look. They glanced at him then at the others before shrugging. "Cool, who wants to start?" They all raised their hands. "Ok, I choose me to go first then."

"Hey~, why did you ask if you were just going to decide to go first?" Hoseok asked with an exasperated look.

"Because I suggested that we play this game, so I think it's fair that I go first," Seokjin argued in a sassy tone making the others chuckle in amusement to that. Hoseok responded with a sigh as the game started. By the time the video was done uploading, they had finished the game as well. The game ended with Seokjin winning. "Yes! I won! Oh hey! The video finished uploading!" They all looked at the screen to see that it had successfully uploaded.

"Ok, time to do the reaction video then," Taehyung declared as he clapped his hands excitedly.

"I'll set up the camera to record," Jungkook announced as he set up the camera before turning to the others, "Hyungs ready?" They all gave thumbs up and nodded as he pressed the button on the camera to record. Once the recording started, Namjoon began to speak.

"Hello ARMY, so as you know, Jungkook recently posted a video edit that he made of the underwater view. We're going to be doing a reaction video to it now and we're all really excited to see it. Jungkook worked really hard on this edit, so please give it lots of love ARMY," Namjoon voiced with a smile as he and some of the others gave finger hearts.

"Oh and I would suggest that when you watch the video to be in a dark room because the footage is so much more clearer that way," Jungkook added with a bright smile as he slightly dimmed the light in his studio, "Since we want ARMY to see our reactions, I'm not going to completely turn off the lights."

"Alright, let's start the video," Yoongi insisted as he reached over and pressed play on the video. The video started.

"Ahaha Jk, I love your little side comments," Hoseok said with laughter as he pointed to a side comment in the video.

"I know. I knew that part would make you laugh hyung," Jungkook replied with a giggle as a new clip come on, "Ah, I remember this one. I can't believe how lucky I got."

"Yeah, the dolphins swimming around you must have been so cool," Jimin proclaimed with a look of envy, "Every time you went to collect footage, you always left us stranded and wondering where you were."

"I did say sorry," Jungkook claimed with a shrug and a grin. Jimin shook his head disapproving while the others chuckled in amusement. "But I'm all done filming, so you don't have to worry about me leaving you stranded."

"True true, thank goodness," Yoongi muttered as he sighed, "So many times, we were ready to have a search team out looking for you."

"Haha, I know and you still managed to find me without a search team," Jungkook retorted with a teasing smile, earning a playful glare from his hyung. They continued watching the video, all the way to the end, and making comments. "Well, that is the end of our reaction video. I'm really looking forward to reading your comments on the video. I hope you enjoyed our reaction video and I hope that you all enjoy my video edit. Until next time ARMY! Love you! Bye~!"

With that, Jungkook pressed the stop recording button then glanced at the others, who gave him smiles and thumbs up. He smiled back at them.

"So, what should we do now?" Hoseok asked curiously as he let out a loud yawn.

"Well, I'm going to edit the reaction video and post it for ARMYs to see and then I'm going to go to the workout room," Jungkook announced as he grabbed the camera and took out the memory card. He placed it into his computer and started downloading the video onto his computer.

"I guess we'll join you then since we haven't been to the weight room in a while and we need to get buffer," Namjoon stated with a nod.

"Yeah and so we can stop Jk from beating us up," Seokjin commented as he glanced over at Jungkook, who spun around in his swirly chair to face them with a grin.

"Haha, hyung, even if you get buffer, I'm still going to be stronger than you," the younger one teased with a loud laugh. Seokjin clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes while the others just stifled laughs.

"Do you want us to wait for you Jungkookie?" Taehyung asked as he checked his phone.

"Yeah, I just need to edit this and upload it," Jungkook responded with a nod as he turned back to his computer. Just as he did, he received a notification on his phone. He sighed as he opened his phone and looked at the notification. It was a notification telling him to do some research on sirens. After Y/N had told him about her past and that there was a whole pod of sirens out in the world, he wanted to see if there were any sightings that could locate where her pod may be. Jimin glanced over the younger one's shoulder and raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Who's Y/N?" Jimin asked curiously as he picked up Jungkook's phone.

"Hey hyung! Don't read that!" Jungkook protested as he treated to snatch his phone back from his hyung, but his hyung quickly dodged the reach of the younger one.

"Is Y/N a girl?" Jimin asked with a teasing grin. The others overheard this and raised their eyebrows curiously and suspiciously looked at the youngest.

"Of course Y/N is a girl-!" Jungkook hollered, but then came to a halt when he realized what he said. He clammed up and looked away from his hyungs, who eyed him suspiciously.

"What's going on? I'm so confused," Yoongi mentioned as he scratched the back of his in confusion. Jungkook bit his lip nervously as he avoided the gazes of his hyungs.

"Apparently he made himself a reminder that said look for Y/N's pod," Namjoon said as he glanced at the reminder on Jungkook's phone, "I don't know what it means by pod, but Y/N sounds like the name of a girl."

"Is that why you've been so secretive lately? Have you been seeing a girl behind our backs?" Seokjin asked in wonder as he tapped on Jungkook's phone that was still in Jimin's hand.

"What?! No! That's not it! You're wrong hyung!" Jungkook voiced as he tried to take his phone back, but as he did his finger tapped on the gallery app on his phone. The gallery app opened, revealing his photos. The members scanned through the images until their eyes fell on one image. It was the selfie image that Y/N had taken of herself.

"Who is this?" Taehyung asked curiously as he pointed to the image. Jungkook's eyes widened at that.

"Whoa~, she's cute and super pretty~!" Hoseok mentioned with sparkling eyes as he examined the picture.

"Wait... is this Y/N?" Namjoon asked as he looked over at Jungkook, who looked rather nervous. The others took Jungkook's silence as a clue that Namjoon was right. "This is at the beach, is that the reason why you've been going to the beach so much? To see her?" Jungkook still didn't say anything. He just continued to stare away from them.

"Why didn't you tell us? Did you think we were going to get mad?" Yoongi asked as he peered into the younger one's face. Jungkook didn't respond. His breathing was a little quivery. He didn't know what to do or how to respond and after he had promised Y/N yesterday that he would do every he could to not betray her trust, here he was doing it now.

"Jungkook, there's nothing in the contract that prohibits us from dating. You're allowed to date someone," Namjoon stated in a matter of fact kind of way. Jungkook breathed out a sigh as he tried to calm down his racing heart. Once he was composed, he looked up at his hyungs.

"Look, she's just a girl that I saw on the beach. I'm not dating her," he claimed in a harsh tone as he reached over and snatched his phone back from Jimin before standing up, "I've been going to the beach for my video editing, nothing more. I only met with that girl once, ok?! She took a selfie with my phone, I just forgot to delete it. As for the reminder, I meant to delete it too."

"Jungkook...," the others all began to say, but he cut them off immediately, knowing that they were curious. He knew though that if they kept pressuring him into telling them about Y/N then eventually he would give in and he didn't want that to happen.

"Just forget it! I'm going to go workout now!" He shouted with a fierce look across his face as he stood up and pushed past his hyungs. He stormed out of his studio and towards the front door. He heard the others slowly following after him as he left and headed towards the gym. He entered the gym with the others coming in soon after.

He didn't say anything. He just took his earphones and plugged them into his phone. He put them in his ears before scrolling through his playlists. He started playing music just as he noticed Seokjin starting to walk towards him then jumped up to grab the bars of the pull-up bar. He started doing pull-ups, completely ignoring the fact that his hyung was trying to get his attention.

He did around 3 rounds of 100 pull-ups. Once he was done, he jumped down and shook out his arms and swung them around before he moved onto the bench press station. He placed several weights onto each side then laid down on the bench. As he got himself ready, Namjoon walked over to him and stood over him for support. He sighed as he avoided eye contact with his hyung. He took the heavy-weighted bar off and started to do some bench press. He took in deep breaths and let out breaths for each press.

Even though he had his earphones in, he could sense his hyung looking at him and itching to question him. He tried his best not to be distracted by it. For 2 sets, he was able to make it through, but it wasn't until the last round that he got distracted by his hyung mouthing something to him. He stopped and placed the bar back before sitting up and taking one earphone out.

"Why did you stop?" Namjoon asked in confusion as he tilted his head. The younger one sent a look, clearly indicating that he was waiting for whatever it was that Namjoon was wanting to say or ask. Namjoon sighed as he sat down next to the younger one on the bench. "I just don't understand what's going on. Ok, you say you're not dating this girl that's on your phone and suddenly there's a reminder that has a girl's name in it. Are you really not dating anyone in secret?"

"I'm not dating anyone hyung, I swear," Jungkook responded with a serious expression. Namjoon nodded and sighed in defeat, deciding to trust that the younger one was telling the truth about that.

"Then what is going on? Who is Y/N and who was that girl? Is she a fan?" Namjoon asked as he placed his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook looked at his hyung before looking at his lap and biting his lip nervously. "Is she threatening you or blackmailing you?"

"What?! NO! That's not it hyung!" Jungkook protested as he stood up and shook his head vigorously. Namjoon's eyes widened a bit in surprise at the younger's sudden loudness in his voice. The others also stopped what they were doing and glanced over at the two of them with questioning looks.

"Alright, then what is it?" Namjoon asked with a persistent look as he stood up and stepped towards the younger one, "Jungkook, you can tell us. You know we won't tell anyone if it's something that's personal to you. You know you can trust us. You know that if the situation was reversed, any one of us would tell you." Jungkook bit his lip harder at that as he felt his heart rate speed up at the pressure of his hyung's hard stare.

"You... you just don't understand hyung," he voiced in a low tone as he looked up at his hyung, trying to not show his nervousness.

"I completely don't understand, so why don't you clear up all this confusion and just explain to us what's going on," Namjoon suggested in a calm tone. Jungkook only shook his head at that. "Jungkook, your story just doesn't add up and all of this not answering us is only making us more suspicious."

"I know that! I do hyung, I just can't tell you. I made a promise and I have to keep that promise," Jungkook answered as he looked away from his hyung, who raised an eyebrow.

"Is it a promise that you made to that girl in the photo? Is it Y/N that you made a promise to?" Namjoon asked, pressing on, trying to get something that he would be able to understand from all of this. Jungkook said nothing, giving him a 50/50 indication that either he was right or wrong. He sighed heavily at that as he placed his hand on the younger one's shoulder. "We're worried about you Jungkook and whatever situation you're in right now is clearly making you nervous."

"I'm handling it hyung. I promise I'll tell you if it gets out of hand," Jungkook promised with a small nod as he shrugged of his hyung's hand before going over to grab a weight to do some squats. Namjoon sighed as he watched the youngest one go back to do weight training. He was curious and confused as to what Jungkook was hiding and why he couldn't tell them about it. He did know that he and the others were going to be keeping a close eye on the youngest one and if it comes down to it then they would even follow Jungkook where he went.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone!

So, here is another chapter! I hope you all liked it!

Anyways, please vote and comment if you liked this.

Stay tuned for the next chapter coming out soon! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 1.7K 26
"Have you kissed anyone yet ??" He asked with his attractive gaze which were locked with nervous one Shooking her head as 'NO' , he internally smir...
52.5K 2.3K 42
This was my first story for BTS. It holds a special place for me. It got me through some rough times I was going through. A girl moves to Korea to be...
54.6K 3K 18
She was supposed to die. She was supposed to meet her decay in the dark depths of the endless ocean but ended up in the arms of a mysterious being of...
106K 4.1K 66
"Don't do that again Y/N. I can't guarantee if I would be able to resist it." She wanted to say something, anything but his serious gaze did it's be...