His Secret Mermaid ✓

By atlas-carter

[COMPLETED] ***READ THE NON-KPOP VERSION OF THIS STORY @atlas_carter*** "H-Hey! Watch it! I don't wan... More

His Secret Mermaid
Prologue
Chapter 1: Hermit Crab
Chapter 2: Gold Coin
Chapter 3: Late Night At The Beach
Chapter 4: Puffer-Fish
Chapter 5: The Scale
Chapter 6: Hyung, Can You Keep A Secret?
Chapter 7: My Name Is Jungkook
Chapter 8: New Shell
Chapter 10: Potato Chips
Chapter 11: Promise Me
Chapter 12: A Story Of The Hyungs
Chapter 13: Night Exploration
Chapter 14: Her Past
Chapter 15: Girlfriend Suspicion
Chapter 16: Live With Jk & Jhope
Chapter 17: Kiss Of Hidden Feelings
Chapter 18: The Sirens' Return
Chapter 19: Moon Pool
Chapter 20: Siren's Seduction
Chapter 21: Oceana
Chapter 22: The Solution
Chapter 23: Secret Of A Mermaid
Chapter 24: Jealousy In Run BTS [P1]
Chapter 25: Underwater Fun In Run BTS [P2]
Chapter 26: She Is Different
Chapter 27: Hyung Kissed Y/N [P1]
Chapter 28: Siren Moon Pool [P2]
Chapter 29: Beware The Sirens
Chapter 30: Farewell Sirens
Chapter 31: Hint Of Flirtation
Chapter 32: The Picture
Chapter 33: Striking a Deal
Chapter 34: Dr. Kai [P1]
Chapter 35: Mission Retrieve The Vile [P2]
Chapter 36: Explanations
Chapter 37: A Warning From Dr. Kai
Chapter 38: The Kidnap [P1]
Chapter 39: The Rescue [P2]
Chapter 40: Oceana's Secret
Chapter 41: Sirens In The News
Chapter 42: Sirens' Disappearance
Chapter 43: Who Is Dr Kai?
Chapter 44: Blame
Chapter 45: You Are Being Sued
Chapter 46: A Hint Of Purple
Chapter 47: Mutual Feelings
Chapter 48: Y/N & Oceana Are Coming Back [P1]
Chapter 49: Vengeful Scientist [P2]
Chapter 50: Let Me Save You One Last Time [P3]
Epilogue
End Of Story Author's Note

Chapter 9: Exchanging Gifts

755 44 3
By atlas-carter

It was the next morning. Jungkook had arrived back to the dorms safe and sound without any of his hyungs being suspicious, but that was mostly because they were all asleep by the time he arrived home. He had noticed though that his bedroom door was open, so realization hit him that one of his hyungs had come to check up on him, but since he didn't get any calls or have his hyungs show up at the beach then they must have believed that the bunch of pillows under the blankets was him sleeping.

It was 10:30 AM. Jungkook was in his studio, video editing while occasionally on the side doing research of mermaids. He kept the search tab hidden, so that if any of his hyungs came into his studio to check on him then all they would see is his editing system. He had told Jimin that he still had lots of editing to do, which was true since he hadn't even started editing. However, his research into mermaids got him thinking. Maybe he could do editing on Y/N or even the sea. It could explain his sudden need and want to visit the beach.

He had gathered pictures that he found on the internet and started adding them to his editing system and making it look as if he had done some editing before going back to doing research. He researched on sightings of mermaids. Many sightings though had been faked or ended up being whales or dolphins. None of what he read seemed to have documented real sightings of mermaids.

He thought back to yesterday when he visited Y/N and how she had mentioned a pod. She had stopped him from asking if there were more mermaids out there and then left swiftly after that. If there were other mermaids out there then why would she tell him that she was the only one in the world? Then again, if there weren't other mermaids out there then why would she seem so uncomfortable with his question? His mind was boggled. He couldn't decide whether to think that Y/N was the only mermaid or that there were more mermaids out there.

He sighed a bit as he clicked off the last article about a mermaid sighting. It was once again a fake sighting. He was amazed at how people in the world could fake such a sighting. Perhaps they did it as a way to receive attention, but if they couldn't prove their sighting then they would just be known as liars. It was strange to him why people would even take that chance just to have a single moment of fame. The only way he knew how to achieve fame was through hard work, dedication, incredible talent, and a loyal fan base.

"What are you working on Jungkook?" A voice asked from behind him. At the sound of the voice, he jolted up in alarm and pressed exit on the open tab. The screen went back to his editing system before he spun around in his rolling wheeled chair to face none other than Jimin. He had been so focused in his thoughts that he hadn't even heard his hyung come in.

"Just... working on my video editing," he responded with a small smile. His hyung approached him slowly and looked at the computer screen. He raised an eyebrow.

"What theme is this?" Jimin asked as he scanned through the short video clips presented on the screen. Jungkook spun his chair around back to facing the screen.

"I was thinking of doing an ocean type video edit," he voiced nervously as he started arranging the small video clips into a certain order. He watched out of the corner of his eye as his hyung gave a slightly surprised, but also interested expression as he nodded in understanding.

"Are they clips from the internet?" His hyung asked curiously as he sat down beside the younger one.

"Yeah, well... most of them are," Jungkook said with a small nod. He then side glanced at his hyung before clearing his throat. "I was thinking that maybe I could take some of my own at the beach." Jimin nodded in agreement to that.

"That sounds like a good idea. You could put original clips in there," Jimin stated with an approved look as he smiled at the younger one. Jungkook sent him back a relieved, happy smile at that. "We have time today, do you want to head down to the beach?" Jungkook seemed surprised by his hyung's question, but then smiled and nodded in response. "Alright, I'll go tell the others that we're going to head down to the beach."

"Wait hyung-!" Jungkook protested in alarm, stopped his hyung who looked at him bewildered. The younger one closed his wide, open mouth shut and looked off to the side awkwardly. "Um... never mind. I'm just going to finish doing something, so I'll meet you out there." Jimin nodded as he turned around and walked out of the younger one's studio.

Jungkook let out a sigh. He thought that with his hyung agreeing to him going to the beach that he could get in some time to go visit Y/N, but now with all of his hyungs coming along, he wasn't going to be able to see her. Then again, perhaps it was good that all of the hyungs were coming along, he could find some time to slip away while they're talking and go visit Y/N without them noticing. He nodded at that as he grabbed his camera. He would also take some videos that way to his hyungs it would seem like he really did go there to take videos for his video edit.

Once he had all the things he needed, he headed to his room and got changed into some swim trunks and a t-shirt. He slipped on his sandals and glanced at his window. Normally, he would be leaving out of his window. It was weird for him to not be going out the window. He shrugged as he left his room and joined the rest of his hyungs who were at the door of the dormitories, wearing swim trunks, sunhats, and other beach essentials. With that, they left and headed to the beach.

"Jimin tells us that you want to shoot some clips of the ocean for your video edit," Seokjin said as he nudged the younger one's arm. Jungkook nodded in response to that. "Oh! I have a ocean joke, do you want to hear it?"

"Um... alright, sure, go ahead," Jungkook replied with a small sigh as he sent a small smile to his hyung. Seokjin grinned happily as he got ready to tell his joke. Jungkook mentally prepared himself for whatever joke his hyung would tell.

"What did one ocean say to the other?" Seokjin asked as he tried not to laugh. Jungkook shrugged in response, not knowing the answer. "Nothing, they just waved! Ahahahaha!" Seokjin began doing his famous windshield wiper sound effect laughter while Jungkook just let out an exasperated sigh and shook his head disapproving. "Oh oh! What happens when you throw a million books into the ocean?"

"Sigh, I don't know hyung," Jungkook answered with a sigh as he set his stuff down on the beach next to the others.

"A title wave! Hahahaha heeheeheeheehee!" Seokjin hollered with laughter as he slapped his knee. Jungkook managed to crack a smile, but it wasn't because of his hyung's joke, it was because of his hyung's hilarious laughing. Jimin and Taehyung had been listening in as well to the jokes. Taehyung chuckled while Jimin stifled laughs. Jungkook rolled his eyes as he took his camera out and started taking pictures of the ocean.

The sun was bright out and the waves were crashing onto the sea. The beach wasn't too crowded, but then again they were in a more secluded area than other beaches. He began video taping the waves and got closer to the water. The waves flowed over his feet, the salty water prickling at his skin.

He let out a breath as he stared out at the ocean. The water that wasn't close to the shore was clear and bright. You could almost see the bottom. If only he could take videos of those, but it was too far. Plus, his camera wasn't waterproof. Taking pictures of the beach and the crashing waves weren't the most beautiful parts of the ocean.

As he pondered in thought, he noticed something in the distance that was coming closer and closer to the beach. It was a shimmering purple colour and the colour was coming at a fast rate towards the beach. It wasn't coming towards him, but it was heading towards the place where he had been meeting with Y/N. His eyes then lit up when he realized that it was Y/N's tail.

He glanced at his hyungs, hoping to find them chattering away. Yoongi was lying on his chair with his sunhat covering his face as he decided to take a nap. Namjoon was busy reading a book and Seokjin was busy eating as usual. Taehyung, Jimin, and Hoseok were all playing in the water. He breathed a sigh in relief that all of his hyungs seemed busy. He took this chance to start walking down the beach at a fast pace, but not so fast that his hyungs would notice him.

Once he had managed to get away from his hyungs, he speed walked to the place where he usually met Y/N. He peeked his head around the corner and smiled, noticing her sitting there. She had a small bag sitting beside her. She was digging through it furiously, seemingly wanting to find something that was dug deep in her bag. He found it cute and brought his camera up to take a picture. He snapped a shot before slowly approaching her.

"Y/N, I'm back~," he announced as he sat down on the beach in front of her. She glanced up at him and smiled softly before swimming towards him. She sat in front of him in the water.

"Welcome back," she greeted him. He smiled back in thanks before glancing at the bag in her hands. She noticed him looking and looked to where he was looking. "Oh, that's right! I promised you that I was going to bring you something, so I brought you this." She placed the bag in front of him. "Go ahead and open it." Jungkook nodded as he opened the small bag and looked inside. His eyes widened when he saw all the pretty shells in it, some even had pearls in them.

"Whoa~! These are so pretty. Are they all for me?" He asked in shock and awe. Y/N nodded in response as Jungkook looked through all of the shells, carefully taking some of them out to examine them closer. He couldn't believe the colours and patterns on some of them. "Did you pick all of these just now?"

"Sort of. I was going around throughout the day just finding cool shells to bring you. I even had some of my fish friends help me pick some out," Y/N explained shortly as she watched Jungkook with a soft expression. She had a strange feeling within her chest that she couldn't quite figure out or shake off. Being close like this to a human would surely bring consequences, but she couldn't help but feel safe when she was with him. He had a friendly and warm aura surrounding him that made him easy to be around and it made her want to be around him.

Jungkook continued admiring the cool shells. When he put the last one back in the small bag, he glanced up and his eyes met Y/N's. His eyes widened for a moment at the fact that she had been staring at him, but he soon relaxed and stared back at her, a warm smile creeping up onto his face. They stared at each other, getting lost in each other's orbs until finally Y/N cleared her throat and looked away.

"A-Anyways, thanks so much for the shells Y/N. I appreciate it," Jungkook thanked her with a smile as he set them to the side and scooched forward, so that his feet were in the water. He wiggled his toes and grabbed his camera, bringing it up to his face.

"What are you doing?!" Y/N asked with a panicked expression as she backed away. Jungkook brought the camera down when he noticed her alarmed tone and he looked at her in wonder. "You can't take a picture of me!"

"I... I wasn't. I was just going to take a picture of my feet in the water," he insisted with a slightly confused expression from Y/N's sudden panic. She sighed in relief at that and relaxed. "You took a picture on my phone of yourself, but you won't let me take a picture of you with my camera. Why is that?"

"You should probably delete that picture on your phone too. I can't have anybody seeing it," she responded softly, but her expression held a serious look.

"But... I won't show anyone. You can trust me Y/N," Jungkook claimed as he placed his hand over Y/N's and gazed at her with a gentle smile. She peered down at his hand and stared at it, letting her own hand be engulfed by the warmth and tenderness. She sighed as she took his hand in hers, cradling his hand with as much gentleness as she could. "Y/N?"

"Please... you don't know what will happen if anybody else saw that picture or found out about me, so... please Jungkook... delete it or take anymore pictures of me. I can do something for you in return," she murmured in a soft and pleading voice as she held in his hand in both of her hands, bringing it closer to her chest. He eyed her, her words fully seem to sink into his mind and heart as he sighed heavily.

"Ok, I understand. I'll delete the picture when I go back to the dorms and I won't take pictures of you, I promise Y/N," he promised as he took his other hand and placed it on top of hers. Y/N smiled kindly at him back as they held onto each other's hands for a bit before letting go awkwardly. "So... about that something in return..." She looked at him with a curious look. "I'm working on a video edit that has the theme of the ocean and I really wanted to get pictures and video clips of the underwater scenery. I was wondering if maybe I could give you an underwater camera and you can take videos and pictures of the ocean."

Y/N was silent for a moment and stared at him with a neutral expression before tilted her head to the side and looked at him weirdly. He sighed, realizing that she hadn't understood what he meant. He explained again, this time more detailed. He even showed her how to work the camera that he had with him, stating that that camera would work the exact same way that an underwater camera would work. He even promised that when he would bring the underwater camera the next time he visits that he would show her how to use it, so that she would know. She eventually agreed if it meant that he would delete the picture of her on his phone and not take pictures of her with his camera. He then let her take some pictures of the water and the waves with his regular camera just so that she would get the hang of it.

He watched her in amusement, snapping pictures and shooting small video clips right and left of every little thing that crossed her path. He stifled a laugh when she took a picture of one of the large rocks that sat near the shore.

"Hello little hermit crab, I'm going to take a picture of you now~," Y/N voiced to the small hermit crab crawling along the sand. Jungkook giggled at Y/N's words and observed her as she followed after the fast crawling hermit crab and snapped a shot and a video of it. She smiled victoriously when she managed to snap a shot and video clip of it. "Look Jungkook, you can put this in your movie!"

"Pft-, Y/N, I'm not making a movie. I'm just making a video," Jungkook replied with an amused laugh as he took the camera gently from Y/N's hands and looked at the picture and video clip. He smiled in satisfaction and gave her a thumbs up before placing it to the side. Y/N shrugged in response. "But anyways, this is a good shot and clip, so I will definitely put into my video."

Y/N smiled back at that. It was quiet. They sat there together just enjoying each other's company and listening to the sound of the waves washing up onto the shore. Their hands brushed up against each other causing them to tense up in nervousness. Jungkook stole a small side glance at Y/N and stared at her profile. The sun beaming down on her radiant, sun-kissed skin and the breeze gently blowing at her long hair. A pleasant smile was plastered across her face and her eyes were closed.

When he first met her, he only really thought of her as cute and clueless, but seeing her like this, she looked more beautiful than he gave her credit for. As for the being clueless, that was something that he could understand since she probably hadn't met many humans before. He felt, in a way, lucky that he could keep her to himself like this, that he could spend time with her like this.

He still had so many questions, like about if there were more mermaids and her origins and her pendant necklace, but he realized that if he was going to get his answers then he had to earn her trust. It was going to be a slow process, but he was a dedicated individual. He knew that he would earn her trust eventually and with hope that he could have all the answers to his overwhelming questions. In the meantime, she would help him get videos and pictures of the underwater world that he could put in his video edit.

"Jungkook! Where are you?!" A familiar voice asked loudly from nearby. His eyes widened and he sat up straight in alarm. He could hear his hyungs calling out to him and asking him where he was. He internally cursed as he had completely forgotten that his hyungs had come to the beach with him. "Jungkookie!!"

"Who's that?" Y/N asked in confusion as she glanced at him. She noticed his panicked expression and grew worried.

"It's my friends. I forgot that they came along with me. You should go before they see you. I'll distract them. Hurry...!" He answered in a whispered tone as he gestured for her to leave. She nodded as she turned around and began swimming further into the water. Before she fully went under though, she turned around and looked at him.

"Jungkook...," she called out to him in a low tone. He glanced at her in wonder and curiosity, but also in panic as he could see his hyungs approaching. "Just... don't forget to delete that picture of me." She wanted to say something else, but all that came out was that. Jungkook gave a quick nod to her in response as she smiled gratefully at him before turning around and diving down into the depths of the sea, away from the shore and out of sight. Just as she did, Namjoon and the others peered over the large rock to see Jungkook standing there.

"Oh, there you are Jungkook, we were looking everywhere for you," Namjoon stated as he and the others walked around the large rock and approached him, "You really gave quite a freight when we saw that you had disappeared."

"Ah, sorry hyungs. I should have said that I was going to walk along the beach, but I managed to take some pictures and videos of some interesting things," he mentioned with a smile, earning small smiles from his hyungs, "I still need more though, so I'm going to have to come back tomorrow or another day."

"Sure thing Jungkook, but how about the day after tomorrow? We have a fansigning tomorrow," Namjoon reminded as he placed his hand on the younger one's shoulder. Jungkook nodded in response to that as they headed back down the beach. As they walked, Jungkook glanced over his shoulder at the place where he visited Y/N and smiled gently, remembering the feeling and tenderness of when they held each other's hands. He held a big secret, one that could turn dangerous if anyone found out, but it was a secret that was beyond anything he could have ever imagined.

Tomorrow after the fansigning, he would buy an underwater camera to bring to Y/N to take pictures and videos with. He would have plenty of videos and pictures to put into his video edit and he would get to spend more time with Y/N on the excuse of having to take more videos and pictures for his video edit. The more time they spent together, the more Y/N would trust him and the more she would open up to him. His only worry that his hyungs would find out, but so far they didn't suspect anything, so he was safe... for now.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone!

So, here is another chapter! I hope you all liked it!

Anyways, please vote and comment if you liked this.

Stay tuned for the next chapter coming out soon! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.5K 1.6K 63
Feelings between two people always start to grow. It's a natural phenomenon. You can't stop it. There will be things standing in their way. All they...
258K 8.3K 37
[COMPLETED] I entered the club and after minutes of searching for Jungkook, I finally found him drinking at the bar, alone. I pulled up my mask to...
48.4K 1.3K 17
Stating her opinion, she was about to walk away when Jungkook held her wrist halting her steps and pinned her to the nearest wall. Jungkook: "My Darl...