The School Life of The Other...

By JustYoung1

{BOOK 3 in The Demon Twins Series} Months of recovering, meeting new people, and bonding with her family, Dem... More

First Day
Hate It Here
Colors (Tagged?? Pt.2)
Principal's Office
Three Buffoons
Talent
Beginner's Class
Lab Partners
Make It End
Babysitting
Go Fast
Burn
Locker Room
Dodgeball
Principal's Office Pt. 2
Jetpack
The Manor
Talk
The Couple
Attempted Sacrifice
Back To School
Rumors
Meeting
Sunglasses
Back To School...Again
Pull-Up
Tick
Where Did He Go?
My Job
Note
Answers
Mountain Tops
Not Right
Prisoners
Lies
Dream
Father's Intuition
More Than One
Plan
Break-out
Experiment
Near Escape
Weapon
No Hesitation
The Cave
Going Back
Restraining to Get
Grab Me
House-Arrest
Gone
Up To You
Sneak Peak
Where to Go...Pt. 3

Ride Home

3.7K 143 90
By JustYoung1

Damian's P.O.V.:

"And right here," Monegel says, pointing to a picture, being projected onto the whiteboard, "is the mitochondria..."

I stay seated at the front of the class, the only seat that was left when entering the class. Next to me, Todd sits, looking down on his phone. I block the teacher's voice out of my head, thinking about the conversation from the lunch table.

"A male?" I ask Grayson.

"Yeah. A guy named David Richardson," Grayson says. "He was a nice guy."

"So the principal's been lying to us," I deduct.

"That is," Todd says, "if she even is the principal."

"What do you mean?" Drake asks. "Blonde lady with a personality that makes you wanna jump off a cliff? Isn't that her?"

"Yes," I answer. "Very accurate."

"That's not what I meant," Todd says.

"It could be a fake," Grayson says quietly, looking around the room.

"A fake?" I say. "Tch. Surely this school isn't as stupid as to let a fake into the school."

"They were able to fool, Replacement," Todd deadpans. "I wouldn't be surprised if these guys were easily tricked."

"I don't know if I should be offended or not," Drake says.

"Why?" Todd says. "It's not like I complimented you."

"I'll take it as a compliment then."

"If anything," Grayson says, "We should keep an eye out. We still don't know what's going on or what they're planning."

"As in, they," Drake says, "You mean?"

"We don't know," he answers. "It could be someone from the outside or there could be someone in this school who's undercover."

"You two are undercover," I point out.

"Shut-up, Demon Spawn," Todd says.

"Just continue to look for more information. We'll talk more about this on the way home. But right now," Grayson says, taking out his phone, "it's almost time for the next class. Keep an eye open and don't get in trouble."

"But getting in trouble helped us figure this out," Todd argues.

"For once," I say, "I agree with the zombie."

"Why, thank you, Demon Spawn. For that, I'll let you, calling me a zombie, slide."

"Just gather more information without drawing any attention," Drake says, getting up from his seat. "See you guys after school."

With that, the bell rings, indicating the next class.

"These are the ribosomes. Can anyone guess what these guys do?" Monegel asks.

"Tch. How much longer until this class ends?" I growl.

"You have ten minutes," Todd answers.

I turn my head towards Todd to find his staring intently at the screen of his phone. I take a glance at Monegel to find him distracted, listening to one of the student's answers. Looking back at Todd, I ask, "What are you looking at?"

"Focus on the class while I focus on this. I'll tell you once this class is over."

"Tch. Why?" I ask, annoyed, and offended at his refusal to tell me.

"Because you have a test coming up and he's explaining it."

"I already know Biology."

"You also have a project due in a few weeks," he points out. "He's the type of teacher who says the directions out loud without writing them down or giving a rubric. And he hates it when you ask him questions about the project, it can lower your grade. So unless you want to fail this class and end up taking it, again, next year with the old man and Alfred breathing down your neck, I advise that you pay attention and write down what he's saying."

"Fine," I growl. I reach into my bag, pulling out one of the subject notebooks and a pencil, writing down whatever Monegel's saying. Writing down nearly everything that he's saying, it has been confirmed that I indeed do have a test on Friday, along with a project due in two weeks. "Why must I do all of this unnecessary work?" I complain to Todd. "I already know all of this stuff."

"But you don't know how to work with other people."

"What do you mean?" I ask him. Todd points to the teacher while still looking at his phone.

"Okay everyone, I'm going to call out your partners."

The whole class goes out into groans, obviously against the whole pairing thing.

"Come on, Mr. Monegel!" Scope complains. "There's like five minutes left of class! What can't we just choose our own partners?"

"Because I already did it for you guys," he says, walking over to his desk and sitting in his chair. He begins to type on his laptop, and with one last click, he begins to call out names. "Okay! Jessica and Daniel! Nate and Cole! Demetria and Aiden!"

"Yes!" Brewer yells, throwing a fist into the air.

"Good haul!" Scope says, high-fiving Brewer.

"Lucky bastard," Knight says.

"Damn I wanted her," a voice says within the group of students.

"There goes my chance."

Todd and I turn our heads to the back of the class where they sit, glaring at them. They make eye-contact with us, the color fading from their face. With one last glance, Todd glares and makes the cutting motion to the neck with his thumb. We turn back around, hearing the loud rapid beats of their hearts from fear.

"John and Joan! Justin and Jayden! Erin and Blake! Damian and Darren!"

"Goddamnit," Knight growls. He raises his hand quickly. "Mr. Monegel."

"Yes, Darren?"

"Change my partner," he demands.

"Um. How about. No," he responds.

"Why did you even pair me up with Wayne?!"

"I didn't," he says. "The random team generator that I used did."

Before Knight could retort, the bell rings, marking the end of class.

"End of class!" Monegel announces. "Get out!"

"No need to tell me twice," Todd says, pushing himself out of the seat and towards the exit. "Let's go, Damian!"

"Tch. Don't tell me what to do," I reply, taking my bag and walking after him.

We begin to make our way through the bustling hallways, swerving through and between the students of many sizes. As we make our way out, Todd and I gradually pick up our pace, not saying a word to each other.

I glance towards the older man, wondering if he senses it too. Todd glances back and slightly nods his head, indicating that he senses the presence of someone following us. Without turning around to see who's following us, Todd and I continue to walk out of the building, finding Drake and Grayson waiting at the black limousine. Seeing them, they cock an eyebrow in our direction.

"Whoever it is," Todd says. "They're still following."

"I know," I respond.

We continue to walk until we've walked past the gate. However, despite walking past the gate, we can still sense the presence of the following figure.

I turn around in annoyance and curiosity finding someone who I would have never thought it would be. "Knight?" I look at the kid with a bruised nose and several bandages on his face. "Why are you following me?"

"Gotta work on that project," he states. "Let me in the limo," he says, trying to walk past me to make his way into the vehicle. "We can work on it today at your house."

I put my hand out on his chest, stopping him. "Leave."

"Fine," he says. "Then you're working on that project yourself."

"Then he'll get the grade and you can go die in a ditch," Todd says. "Problem solved."

"How about I put you in a ditch," he retorts.

"Hey," Todd scolds. "I told you already, didn't I. Talk to me when you're older. Now, get your ass out of here."

Knight growls in annoyance, glaring at Todd and me. "Our fathers will settle this tomorrow," he says.

"Fathers?" Grayson whispers. "Tomorrow? What's happening."

"The only thing that needs to be settled here, Knight," I say. "Is your incompetent habit of being a hindrance to us all."

Knight glares and scowls at me, his face turning red, complementing his already bruised face. "Fuck you."

"No," Todd says. "He's too young for that and is highly unlikely to be with the likes of you," he says, taking me and shoving me into the limousine. "Now if you'll excuse us, you may go fuck yourself instead of my brothers."

One by one, the others slide into the car, closing the door after themselves to ensure that Knight doesn't try and get in himself. "Hit the gas, Alfred!" Todd exclaims.

"No need to be so loud, Master Jason," Pennyworth says, driving away from the school. "Did you boys find something?" he asks, looking through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah," Grayson says. "Very interesting information."

"No," Todd says. "We didn't find it. Damian and I found it while you two just sat around eating lunch."

"We actually hacked into the security system and into the school's files, trying to find any holes in the education or staff system," Drake says.

"And did you find anything?" Todd taunts. "Like Damian and I did?"

"We found footage of the principal talking to herself and some traces of the usage of burner phones. Along with mysterious money being received from an unknown source under her name, along with spending that money from that unknown source and from the schools budget to suspicious activities."

"Ha!" Todd says. "We found better and cooler information! Way more important than what you said!"

"I believe that Master Tim's information is quite important and interesting," Pennyworth says.

"I know," Todd pouts. "Don't need to rub it in."

"Damian and Jason made a kid bleed," Grayson says to Pennyworth.

"Fuckin' snitch!"

"Dear God!" he responds. "What did you two do?!"

"We were playing something in the gym class where you throw balls and try to dodge them," I answer.

"Dodgeball?" Pennyworth asks.

"Is that what it's called in English?" I ask, only knowing what it is in Ancient Greek.

"Yeah," Grayson says. "And the only reason why they were able to find the information that they have is because they were called to the principal's office for their actions."

"Hey!" Todd exclaims, pointing a finger at Grayson. "At least we got something! It's called stealth and disguise. You have to go through the rigorous actions to get what you want."

"Getting called to the principal's office is not rigorous," Drake deadpans.

"Shush! It was rigorous!"

"It wasn't."

"Shhh," Grayson says. "Let him believe."

I look side to side and into the passenger seat in confusion. "Pennyworth. Where's Father?"

Drake, Grayson, and Todd begin to look side to side, noticing the absence of Father. "Yeah," Todd says. "Where's the old man?"

"He is currently at the company," Pennyworth answers.

"At the company?" I ask. "Why?"

"Well, he runs the company, Master Damian," he says. "Have you forgotten?"

"Tch. I did not," I say, rolling my eyes. "I would have thought that he went back to the manor to stay with Demetria instead of letting those two hooligans continue watching her."

"Master Bruce said that he needed to do a few things in the office that should not take much time. If I am correct, he should either be heading back to the manor or already at the place."

Just then, a phone rings. I look around, noticing that it's neither, Todd's, Grayson's, or Drake's phone. I reach into the pocket of my blazer and pull out the phone, noticing that it's not mine either.

"Yes, sir," Pennyworth says.

I look to the front, noticing Pennyworth on the phone with the device on speaker.

"Did you pick up the boys?" a deep voice on the other end of the call says, sounding a lot like Father.

"Yes, Master Bruce. Have you made it to the house safely?"

"Change of plans, Alfred," Father says, confusing all of us. "I need you to come, pick me up from the company."

"Of course," Pennyworth says. "But if you do not mind me asking, sir, why must I pick you up from the company."

"You'll see when you get here," Father says, instantly ending the call.

"That was some conversation," Grayson comments. "I think he wanted to say some more," he says, sarcastically.

"Why do we have to go to the company?" Todd complains, leaning in his seat. "I want to go to bed."

"You can literally sleep while we make our way to the company and then back home," Drake says.

"But I want my bed."

"Remember," Pennyworth interrupts. "We must get something for Master Demetria. We promised her goods once we arrive at the manor."

"What should we get her?" Grayson asks.

"How about something she hasn't had before?" Drake proposes.

"Good idea, Einstein," Todd says. He turns his head to me with interest. "Hey, Demon. What's a food that you and your sister have never had before."

I look at Todd, cocking my eyebrow. "How would I know?"

"What do you mean 'how would I know?'" he asks. "You're twins who are basically conjoined by the hip. You guys do everything together. How do you not know what she hasn't had?"

"You're telling me to name a food that I have never had before," I state.

"Okay, and?"

"How am I supposed to know what food I haven't had before if I don't even know any other foods besides what I have already tried?"

Todd stares at me at a loss of words. "I see the problem here."

"Glad you noticed," I snarl.

"Any ideas, Alfred?" Grayson asks.

"Why don't you boys make something for her?" he proposes. "It's the least you four can do for leaving her alone for 8+ hours."

"You want us to cook?" Drake asks. "Alfred, I can mix chemicals. Not edible ingredients. If I could, I don't think I would be a crime fighter."

"I mean," Grayson says. "We can try. It could be fun."

"Do you know how to cook?" Todd asks me.

"I've seen Demetria do it plenty of times. It can't be that hard."

"We're fucked."

"Language, Master Jason!" Pennyworth yells.

"English," Todd answers quickly. "But what are we going to make? I can make waffles if that's any good."

"Damian!" Grayson yells.

"You don't need to yell, Grayson. I'm right here," I say, rubbing my ear to get rid of the ringing noise.

"Yeah," he says, rolling his eyes. "What should we make."

"Why are you asking me?"

"Because you know her the best out of all of us," Drake points out. "There has to be something that we can make for her."

"Tch. I don't know. Why don't you ask her?"

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise!"

"Who said that we were surprising her?"

"This is too hard!" Todd complains, gripping his hair. "Can't we just take her out to eat?!"

"Sure," Grayson says. "But where?!"

"Take her to an all-you-can-eat place," Drake proposes. "There's a wide variety there. Maybe even go to one where you can cook your own food."

"Fuck," Todd whispers.

"What's wrong?" Grayson asks, all three of us looking toward Todd in concern.

"I'm hungry now."

"You're unbelievable, Todd," I scowl.

"At least now I know you care," he says with a smirk on his face.

"Tch. As if. I only need you alive or else my little sister will get upset that she lost you."

"Won't you get upset too," he taunts, using a high-pitched voice.

In response, I punch him in the face, causing him to fall back into the seats with a thud, his head hitting the car door. "Whoops," I say, calmly. "It slipped."

"What the fuck do you mean 'it slipped'?!" he yells, sitting back up.

"Don't fight," Alfred says, but is instantly drowned by the sound of Todd's war cry.

"You're gonna pay for that Demon Spawn!" he says, lunging at me, knocking me onto my back.

"Get off of me, you big ogre," I grit out, trying to push the two-hundred something pound beast off of me.

"You're going to crush him, Jason," Drake deadpans, watching the whole scene play out.

"Maybe you need to cut down on Alfred's cookies after all," Grayson comments.

"Says the guy eating three dozen of Alfre's cookies a day!" Todd yells.

"It's actually three dozen and a half, Jason. Get your facts straight!"

"Get off of me!" I yell into Todd's ear, causing him to jump back, hitting his head on the top of the car.

"Fuck you, Damian," Todd growls, rubbing his head in pain.

"Are you two finished now?" Pennyworth asks.

Todd and I look at each other and glare. "Yes," we both sigh.

"Good," he says. "Because we have just arrived at the company."

The four of us look out the window, seeing the massive building next to us. "Where's Father?" I ask. "We must get going to save Dee."

"Save Demetria?" Drake asks. "Why? Is she in trouble?"

"Of course! Spending multiple hours with Queen and Allen can only lead to disasters."

"I'll call him," Grayson says, taking his phone out. He begins to dial Father's number, the phone rings once dialed in. We begin to wait for Father to pick up. The phone clicks, indicating that he has answered the phone. "Hello—"

"Be careful with that!" A loud zoom followed by a crash plays through the speakers of the phone.

"Bruce?" Grayson asks.

"Hello?" Father's voice says through the speaker.

"What's going on in the company?"

"Just some testing—Go slow! Not too fast! Ah, shit."

"Do you want us to wait out here?"

"Please say no," Todd whispers.

"You don't have to," Father says.

"Yes!" Todd exclaims.

"If you want, you can all come inside."

"No thanks, old man," Todd says. "The office isn't really fun."

"I'm not in my office," he says, numerous sounds roaring in the background.

"Then where are you?" I ask.

"Sub-level eight."

——————————

As some of you have noticed, or probably not, this chapter is shorter. Why, you may ask?...Idk. It just is.

Just a reminder, because I don't want any child left behind. In order to speak the tongue of the idiots, one must master it. 

Take a "normal" English word (ex. awesome) and move the first letter of the word to the end of it (ex. awesome ---> wesomea). Once done, add the word -diotic after the whole word. (ex. awesome ---> wesomea ---> wesomeadiotic)

Maybe we should have the language just be said as "Idiotic" instead of "Dioticidiotic". And also just say "Idiot(s)" instead of "Diot(s)idiotic"...what do you guys think?

Now, master this and you shall me able to peaksdiotic hetdiotic onguetdiotic fodiotic hetdiotic Idiots.

QOD: Hatwdiotic ouldwdiotic hetdiotic orldwdiotic ebdiotic ikeldiotic fidiotic tidiotic aswdiotic illedfdiotic ithwdiotic alemdiotic ndadiotic emalefdiotic opiescdiotic fodiotic ouydiotic?

Filled with indecisive idiots who are insecure, never know what's happening, ignorant, and will drive the planet to extinction along with the solar system. And maybe a hint of creativity and a shit ton of broke bitch energy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.9K 3.5K 23
Y/N has always loved Marvel and one day something unusual happens: A strange figure transport her to another dimension. What will happen when she has...
40.5K 1.4K 54
It has been a year since the Haddock twins have defeated Drago with their alpha dragons. Everything is back to normal, their mother Valka is home, th...
384K 16.1K 51
Taehyung and Jungkook becames enemy from versity and both started to hate each other. But accidently they ended up get married but this didn't stop t...
66.5K 1.9K 41
Okay before I talk about me being bad ass, you need to know how this happened and why. The answer is pretty simple. An asshole named Lex Luther decid...