The Definition Of A Princess(...

By mary4561

A Whattpad recommended book Debbie Morgan-Jensen is told she's a princess in an unideal setting. As well as d... More

Come Again
Why?
A New Way
Goodbye
Uncomfortable Truths
I Need To Be Able To Trust You
Knowing Your Place
Party
Reality
Hostile
The Interview
The Engagement
First State Visit
First Tour
Family
Changes
Caution
Antonio
Love And Hate
Love
Update
Importance
Loved
England
Mother
Married
Good News
Betrayal
The Apology
The Talk
The Summons
Moving On
New Normal
Strength
Friends
New Chapter
Birthday Surprise
Victoria's Story
The Future
William's Story
Teaser
Prince Johan

New Beginings

19 4 0
By mary4561

"We can't become what we want by remaining what we were".
-Max Depree

Debbie turns sideways to get a better glimpse of herself in the full length mirror in her dressing room. She was wearing a red skirt suit with a white blouse with red pumps and her hair was in a low ponytail. It was her first day back doing engagements since she had the children. She walks into the living room to see Antonio eating breakfast.

"You look lovely darling".

She kiss him, "Thank you so do you".

He was wearing a blue suit with a white shirt and a red tie they were doing a joint engagement at a human rights conference.

"Come sit eat it's your first day back any nerves?"

"A bit, truth be told even though I've been having meetings with my charities behind the scenes and still getting my government papers. I can't help feeling like when I did my first engagement all those years ago.

Antonio takes her unused hand and caresses it. "You'll be fine my darling it's like riding a bike".

"I don't know how to ride one".

"Really I must teach you".

"That will be nice".

Debbie get a text from Victoria telling her she will be fine today. Then messages from Victoria's other siblings and Susan saying the same thing is delivered to her phone.

"Victoria has sent me a really nice message about today along with everyone else".

"That's nice of them did Laila send you a message?"

"Not yet".

"I'm surprise since you two spent most of the last four months scheming together".

"Darling sometimes scheming is necessary", He notices the sly smile on her face.

After breakfast Antonio and Debbie were driven to their engagement Debbie was surprise to see a very large crowd gathered to see her and Antonio. She exits the car and waves at everyone only to hear deafening cheers from the crowd.
She goes into the building and do her engagement along with her husband. When they exit the building Debbie goes on a walk about greeting the crowd with Antonio. She's given flowers teddy bears, cards and well wishes.
They return home when the engagement was over and Debbie looks in on Johan and Isabelle who was now six months old. She plays with them for a while then goes to see Antonio in his study.

Just as Debbie's schedule had increased before she took maternity leave. Antonio's schedule started increasing when she was on leave.

She cresses the back of his neck, "I though we were free till the state dinner tonight".

"I have some correspondences to reply to and I need to make sure everything is ready for my four day tour of Italy on Friday".

Debbie sits in the chair opposite his desk, "Of course you do it's been so long since I did a tour. I have forgotten about the prep beforehand I'll leave you to it".

Antonio walks over to her chair and crouches down next to her,"Stay for a while then we can have lunch together. I'll be free from three this afternoon we can take the children for a walk around the grounds."

Debbie lovingly touches his face and look into his eyes, "Okay".

She stayed till it was time for lunch Debbie was happy she and Antonio had found their rhythm and enjoyed the silence of being in a room together working. Debbie get her iPad and started looking through her emails while Antonio worked.

They were having lunch with Theo, Debbie had an idea of why he formally requested a lunch with her and Antonio.

They walk into the dining room to see Theo standing next to his chair. He bows then goes over to Debbie and hugs her,

"How are you Theo?"

"A little nervous truth he told".

"Why?"

"Maybe we should eat first", says Antonio. They all sit and Antonio let the staff  know to start bringing in the food.

The starter comes and they make a start on the Greek salad. "I want to ask Susan to marry me and as her best friend I needed you to know that".

Debbie sits up straight in her chair and turns to face Theo, "Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Yes".

"Make sure you treat her well I know people who can hurt you and make it look like an accident".

"So you approve of me asking for her hand in marriage?" Theo looks at Debbie with hope showing on his face.

"I do", Theo exhale quite loudly.

The rest of lunch went smoothly and as they watch Theo leaves Antonio gives Debbie €50.

"Why thank you".

She pockets the money then kiss him on the cheek and leaves him to speak to her private secretary. She finds him in his office David stand and bows when he sees her, "Your Royal Highness how can I help you?"

She walks in the room and takes a seat David sits and look at her. Debbie looks around the room at the bookshelf's full of folders. David's big mahogany desk and his iMac on his desk.

"Antonio's birthday is coming up and I want to throw him a massive surprise party. I want a big party every one from his parents to his best mate should be there. There's a Spanish band he likes I want them to perform at the party along with that singer that sings that song thinking out loud that he loves".

"I can get the ball rolling on that ma'am, co-ordinating with the planning department shouldn't be a problem. I just need a list of everyone you want invited to the party and your father will let me know who needs to come to the party. After all Antonio is part of the Crown Princess Couple".

Debbie stands up, "Give me couple days and I'll email you a list of people to invite".

David stands, "I'll await the email ma'am".

Debbie leaves David and go to see her father she had an appointment with him. When she got to his suite and enter his living room she found her father there with her mother beside him.

"Mom, Daddy".

Her father get up and hugs her so does her mother Debbie wasn't surprise to see Irene there. She knew her parents had been dating for six months but it was still weird to see them together.

Which oddly had the public speculating if they were in fact dating since her mother was present at family events now. The bookies were giving odds on when they would remarry not if.

"Take a seat darling".

Debbie sits down on the sofa opposite them and look at her parents expectantly.

Her mother looked giddy with happiness and her father was looking at her like she was his world.

"Daddy why did you need to see me is it about one of my engagements?"

She watch her father take her mother's hand in his and look at her, "Your mother is one month pregnant and we're getting remarried in a private ceremony. Then later will have a public blessing".

Her parents look at Debbie to see her reaction she stands and hugs them. "I'm happy for you both and I get a sibling as well". They both looked relieved at her words, "Did you think I would be upset at the news?"

"We weren't sure to be honest how you would take the news".

"Mom, Dad I'm happy for you both you guys get your happy ending why would that upset me".

"Thank you sweetie", says her father.

"So when the baby due?" Ask Debbie.

"Around Easter we will tell the public about the baby when your mom is over the three month mark. Your mother and I are getting married in four weeks the public will know about it tomorrow. The baby needs to be born when we're married to keep his place in the line of succession".

Debbie looks at her parents at the happiness radiating from them never did she thought as a young girl this was possible. She remembered about Antonio's party, "I'm throwing Antonio a surprise birthday party. I know there are people you need to invite dad. David is liaising with the planning team please let him know who to invite".

She burst into tears her mother comes over to her and hugs her and holds her while she cries.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92K 3.9K 38
Change is an inescapable process, soon everything changes. This varies from weather patterns, people's thoughts and livelihoods. Precious moments th...
488 16 8
"I need her back in my life". 43-year old Omar Abdullah knew he made a big mistake in divorcing his wife, Farah. He didn't see it at first, but howev...
625K 23.8K 67
"Why do you do that?" "Do what?" "Talk down on yourself. Every time you get frustrated with yourself you resort to talking bad about yourself." "Thos...
38.8K 938 18
Settling for a lonely life, Sibylla never thought she would overcome her fears of letting another man into her heart. Until she met him. Started | M...