Pride and Recognition (Azur L...

By NightmareHermit

Sieghart is one of the commanders of Azur Lane. He is known as a trouble maker, his superiors that prevented... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 12

320 8 4
By NightmareHermit

Five days before the party, Jean Bart told what Commander Sieghart meant about the party and that he's bringing her with him which made Dunkerque smile and chuckle even a bit. So they're now going to the tailoring shop for her dress.

"Urgh..." Jean Bart seems allergic to this as they're now getting her dress actually ordered by Dunkerque weeks before Jean Bart even told her.

"Jean, for the sake of the whole Vichya Dominion's name, you should be presentable." Dunkerque said as the tailor gives the huge box containing Jean Bart's dress which is so embarrassing for her.

"Actually... I asked for the le commandant for this." Dunkerque thought as she remembered how she insisted Commander Sieghart pick for Jean Bart, and whatever the dress he picked it was very beautiful and fitting.

"Fine... Just this once." She said which made Dunkerque clap her hands.

"In that case, try this new dress of yours." Dunkerque said as she pushed Jean Bart to the dressing room.

After Jean Bart finished dressing up and showed herself in front of Dunkerque, it pleased her. Dunkerque seems to agree what Commander Sieghart chose for her and it is exactly what she envisioned.

"Le commandant, you will have more cakes from me for this." Dunkerque thought to give Commander Sieghart a reward after he picked a perfect dress for Jean without actually looking at the person but just by using imagination.

The day of the party, it was already evening. They're now at the ballroom where there are tons of officers and some with their ship girls came. It is a party of grandeur to the point everyone seems to like the air especially talking with their friends and different people. The time when Commander Sieghart came to the ballroom with Jean Bart, they seemed to steal the spotlight as they walked together. Of course, gossips everywhere after all he's the infamous "foolish beast" they know.

"Damn... Jean Bart looks so beautiful and hot! It seems Dunkerque really did it..." He thought and looked at Jean Bart as she's wearing a beautiful party dress although he should not make misunderstandings here.

"Good to see you infamous beast. Or should I say Commander Sieghart." A fellow commander greeted them and they both shook hands. This commander has grayish hair and has the insignia of a captain on his chest.

"Ah, if this isn't you Captain Willson. It's been a long time." Commander Sieghart greeted back and then he saw him with a girl that wears a beautiful blue dress.

"Ah, forgot to introduce. This is Helena, my secretary ship girl." Captain Willson introduced her as Helena and Commander Sieghart shook hands.

"A pleasure." He said then he introduced Jean to him, "This is Jean Bart, my secretary. She just transferred a few months back."

"Nice meeting you. Thanks for taking care of my colleague here." Captain Willson said as he shook hands with her.

"Oh, by the way, how were the others?" Commander Sieghart asked as they went along their way to get some drinks.

"Heh, you know, our friend named Lt. Lux seems to have interest in Dido, or they're dating." Commander Willson said and Commander Sieghart is so surprised with the news.

"Hold on, we both know Lux is a man who has no interest with the ladies..." He said which made Captain Willson laugh so hard.

"Yeah, he changed." He admitted that and made a cough to Sieghart's side. Unexpected development from their friend.

"By the way, any news from the higher ups?" Commander Sieghart asked this, making Captain Willson stop smiling.

"Apparently so. We got rumors that some of our men are working alongside the Sirens, still it's not yet sure, no proof yet." He said as he put down his drink.

"We will hear that from our Admiral soon." Captain Willson added and soon the lights turned dim.

"By the way, is Jean Bart your girlfriend?" Captain Willson asked Commander Sieghart and he cough even more.

"No! She's just my secretary! We just get along with our recklessness, okay?!" Commander Sieghart corrected as he looked at him in an annoyed face that made him chuckle a bit.

"You do know she's Richelieu's little sister, you kinda need some kind of permission with her." Captain Willson teased as he winked and made Commander Sieghart feel more guarded.

"D-Don't tease me like that, also I have no intention. I'll remain SINGLE!" Commander Sieghart said with a proud tone which made more Captain Willson laugh.

Then someone appears with the spotlight it's Richelieu, as of course, some of the officers around got fancied to her presence. Then he looks at the back only to see Jean Bart to the farthest corner, looking unimpressed and she's looking at Richelieu.

After looking at Richelieu, Jean Bart looks away and takes a drink. It seems she really doesn't want the crowd for real, which Sieghart in return has the same sentiment. They hate this party especially when most of them don't have good intentions. After looking at her, he returns his attention to Richelieu who gives out a greeting speech to everyone before introducing the man who hosted the party.

After the greeting speech, Richelieu introduced the Admiral of the Navy and the leader of Azur Lane alliance himself.

"As expected, a grand entrance coming from our admiral." Captain Willson commented as he gave out a round of applause.

"You're right, after all he's Admiral Ernst, the one who brought this alliance on what it is today." Commander Sieghart agreed as he gave a round of applause.

After that, everyone returns to merrymaking. Commander Sieghart approached Admiral Ernst and gave a salute.

"Admiral Ernst, good to see you in good health." He greeted

"Likewise to you, young Commander Sieghart." Admiral Ernst greeted back while being accompanied by Richelieu.

"I heard that you convinced the other Fleet admirals to actually make an assault against the Siren stronghold around the Northern Parliament's waters." Commander Sieghart opened the conversation.

"Ah, yes, you heard about it. It's only a matter of time before we could actually reclaim the sea in there." Admiral Ernst said as he's filled with full confidence.

"I hope to see that one day." Commander Sieghart replied with eagerness which made the Admiral make a small laughter.

"By the way, it seems you have a lady waiting for you." Admiral Ernst said to him as he sees the lady on the corner drinks by herself. Richelieu tries to keep distance between them and this makes Commander Sieghart complied and leaves the two to join Jean Bart.

"Jean." He called her which caught her attention.

"Finished talking? Seems like you're enjoying this party." Jean said as she casually drinking her drink as Sieghart gets one of his own drink.

"Well, quite, as long I talked with the right people." He replied as he took a sip of his drink.

"I heard some bad comments about you." She informed me it was no bother.

"Did you talk to them?" He asked curiously hoping she's actually fitting within the crowd.

"Some, but some are you know." She answered casually then put down the glass of wine. Then the music starts to play.

"Well, it's typically normal." He replied then it reminds him to actually ask her for a dance because the music starts playing.

"Jean Bart, care for a dance even just a bit." He asked out as inside him he's very embarrassed since his friend might teased him later which will cause some flags.

"I don't want to stand out for some reason, but as an exception... I'll do it for you." Jean accepted his invitation as she took his hand. Then he leads her to the center, where they started their dance.

The people who saw the dance were quite amazed, after all they didn't expect the foolish beast himself would get to dance with one gorgeous lady. They remain in-sync with their dance without anything sour, they just enjoyed the moment. While they 're at it they're having a little talk.

"S-Sorry, if this is awkward." Sieghart admitted since it was his first time to dance with a lady after so long.

"I don't mind it. If it's you, it should be fine and it's not boring at all." She said and that made a slight relief on his side, after all... These things are required for the job.

"Then it's good to hear then." He said in relief then Jean suddenly gives out a smile that is actually different from her usual.

"I loathe red tape, nor do I have any desire to stand here like a flower vase for people to stare at..." She paused for a while this made Sieghart feel so bad as much that he might've left her for too long earlier, then she continued, "But I'm doing all of this for you, because you make me feel like it's all worth it. You've committed quite the serious offense, mon amour..."

"Eh?" He's dumbfounded, he doesn't know what the last two words meant.

"Hmph. I won't say it again." Jean replied as she made a playful grin.

Then after the song, they're done dancing and they made their bows. Once he and Jean Bart go to the back, they've been greeted by Captain Willson and Lt. Lux who has white hair and wears an insignia of a lieutenant on his sleeves still eating some cakes.

"Geez, you could've told me for real that's your girlfriend." Captain Willson said as he wanted just to let him admit that he really likes Jean Bart.

"Graceful dance, yes." Lt. Lux agreed, still chowing down a whole slice of cake.

"You two... Stop." Commander Sieghart wanted to cut their tease off. But they won't. Then suddenly a man approaches them having an aura of cockiness but certainly has the skill.

"Ho? Foolish beast, seems you stole the spotlight." This man taunted then the three officers glared at him seemingly wanting him to get off from their circle.

"Sir, can you please move somewhere else, we have our little reunion here." Captain Willson asked politely but there's a threatening tone but the man only grinds.

"Have you forgotten to address me as Fleet Admiral, Captain Willson? As your superior, I could've punished you here severely." The man threatened back this made things worse then Commander Sieghart steps in.

"Fleet Admiral Marx, you're making things uncomfortable here. Can you please--- Go away?" Commander Sieghart barked with his threatening aura and they could feel it.

"Hah, still a beast. I don't see anything promising from you. But I lost interest." Marx said as he left but not without some harsh words. Certainly it made things more sour.

"Le commandant, is that...?" Jean assumed it was one of the worst admirals.

"Yes, he's the man who made my reputation rotten." He admitted as he clenched his own fist with clear intent to bring him down. That made him uncomfortable and filled with rage.

"Sieghart, keep it down, he's now gone. Enjoy the evening." Captain Willson advised as he crossed his arms, definitely it made the worst outcome for today. He clearly knows who that man is...

"I know..!" Commander Sieghart grunted but he couldn't lessen himself then suddenly Jean Bart tapped his shoulder to regain his composure.

"Sorry about that, Jean. I got carried away." He apologized but clearly she understood the situation.

But meanwhile outside the party...

"The party will soon commence." A mysterious figure said as he saw Fleet Admiral Marx.

"I know, just promise me security about the deal." Marx replied and the figure nods as it leaves the scene.

"Hmph." Marx grins with the assurance of victory.

/////////////////////

We're almost there! Thanks for supporting this story, I really appreciated it! After all this is my first AL fanfic that I published. Although, I have privately created some fanfics and RP in a private discord server I have with my fellow degenerates. I also create some short comics in AL subreddit, maybe some of the readers here are my viewers as well... Who knows.

Anyways, cheers everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 349 19
Zeke was a Commander of Azur lane and he fell in love with Belfast and Enterprise. But everything changed when the Crimson Axis launched a surprise a...
4.3K 69 7
After a long struggle to get his life started, Jacob makes his way to a Naval base known as Azur Lane, made up of the Eagle Union camp and Royal Navy...
384K 5.7K 58
In a world in conflict with the Sirens, a young commander is assigned to Azur Lane. He will be tested by his command, his enemies and his ships. His...
2.7K 53 5
[RE-IMAGINED 'A BEE OF THE SEAS'] Based on the Aligned continuity Post-RID 2015 A month after the corrupt council members overthrown by bee and his...