Frozen Rose

By KaylaHeartfilia

Everyone thought they knew Amy Rose; the sweet and lovable, cheerful pink hedgehog. But because of one fatefu... More

Frozen Rose (A SonAmy Fanfic)
Chapter 1- Horrible Memory
Chapter 2- Frozen Rose
Chapter 3- Janus
Chapter 4- Sonic and Tails
Chapter 5- Shadow Killer
Authoress' Note
Chapter 6- Night Run
Chapter 7- Janus Appears Again
Chapter 8- The Colors of the Pendant; The Seal is Breaking?
Chapter 9- Ordering and Inner Thoughts
Chapter 10- The Seal Broke
Chapter 11- Runaway and Intensity
Chapter 12- Eggman's Return
Author's Note
Chapter 13- Flashback and Revelation
Chapter 14- Telling the Truth
Chapter 15- The Past is Told
Chapter 16- Confession
Chapter 18: The Reunion
Authoress' Show
Authoress Show'
Authoress' Show
Chapter 19: Jake Is Here! Sonic's New Rival?
Authoress' Note
Authoress' Show
Authoress' Show
Authoress' Show
Authoress' Note

Chapter 17: Ice

693 11 2
By KaylaHeartfilia

Two days after Sonic's confession, everything was going quite well. Amy was practicing her powers again in Mobius forest with the help of her friends. She and Sonic went out on a lot of walks but mostly runs. It was nauseous at first but the pink hedgehog got the hang of it after a while. Though there were a lot of teasing from her friends, Amy was happy and thankful. Right now Amy with Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Shadow were behind her house.

"That's it, Ames. Slowly and gently." Sonic coaxed. They were now practicing on Amy's water powers. The backyard was large enough for them to practice with a pathway that lead to the forest. Poles were stuck to the ground, tires set at the side and other practice materials.

"I-I think I got the hang of it!" She exclaimed as she waved her arms, the water following her movements like a snake. 'Hmm, let's try...this!' She held her right palm under her chest with her other palm above it. The water gathered into a ball in between, and she froze it. 

Tails blinked as he tilted his head. "What are you doing?"

Amy stuck her tongue out at the side of her lips, focusing. "I'm gonna try something." She set her hands on fire and willed it to surround the ice sphere. 

Knuckles scoffed. "What can that do?" Right after saying that, Amy turned to him with glinting eyes and a mischievous grin. He shuddered, feeling a small ounce of fear in his stomach.

Before Amy could proceed with whatever she was going to do, Rouge dropped from the sky, her wings flapping furiously.

"GUYS! TROUBLE AT TOWN SQUARE!"

Everyone suddenly became alert.

Sonic stepped forward. "What's wrong, Rouge?" His mouth was set in a firm line, his eyes staring at the white bat with a hard gaze.

Rouge was flailing his arms around while speaking gibberish! So Amy did the first thing that came to her mind; she slapped her. 

Rouge's face was looking at the side at the impact. Blinking twice, she breathed a sigh of relief and thanked Amy. "Now where was I....? Oh yes!" She turned to the guys with a panicked look. "A huge black dog that literally came from hell is causing destruction in Station Square!"

Amy's eyes widened, her mouth dropped. A what?

Sonic nodded and turned to the others, "Let's go!"

~**~

It seems that Rouge was telling the truth. It was huge, black and looked like it came from hell because of its red eyes and flaming paws. The other Freedom Fighters members where on other missions on another country so they were the only ones left.

"What the heck is this?!" Knuckles yelled, obviously irritated. He punched the dog at the jaw, sending it staggering back and shaking its head. He landed on the ground, his eyes never leaving the enemy. "Hey Amy! Do you have any idea on what this thing is?!"

"Sorry!" She conjured up eight water spheres and hurled it at the hound. "But it's the first time I saw it!"

After dodging the hound's long tail, Amy pointed her pointer and middle finger to the sky. A huge black cloud formed above the hound, thunder boomed and lightning flashed. The hound took a step back, wary of the lightning. Amy stared with narrowed eyes, and swiftly swiped her fingers down to shoulder level, pointing at the beast.

The huge cloud suddenly glowed darker, then a huge lightning bolt struck down and hit the hound. It let out a pained howl, bending its hind legs and lunged at the pink hedgehog. 

'Uh-oh.' Was her thought before Sonic immediately whisked her away, barely missing the hound who collided with a tree. He set her down on the ground, looking for any signs of injury.

Amy rolled her eyes. "Sonic, I'm fine." She insisted. Though skeptical, Sonic nodded with a worried look. She momentarily giggled and pecked his lips before facing the direction of the hound.

She clenched her fists. She lied. She knows that kind of hound. She have seen it once, though it was for a moment, she have seen it. There's only one particular element that can actually hurt it. But she was hesitant to do so because this element caused everything.

~*~*~*~

I ran for my life. The storm was no longer following me. I tripped down but I got back up. My heart bled at what I have just done. Jake....my best friend. I've hurt him. I'm a monster! My tears fell at that particular fact. 

The kingdom doesn't need a monster. We have a strong ally, the Auroras family, who will surely look after my kingdom. I can't rule it.

As I headed towards the place where I can find the seal master, I heard a howl. I momentarily stopped in the middle of the path, scanning both sides of trees whose leaves were falling.

Winter was coming. My most favorite season, yet, the root of my powers. I should hate it, despise the beauty of winter as it responds to my feelings. But no. I can't. I loved winter because of the times spent with my family. It carries a deeper meaning to what others viewed it with.

I waited for the source of the howl appeared. Nothing.

As I continued on my path, a huge black dog with red eyes and flaming paws knocked over the trees as it came after me. Shocked, I couldn't scream. Out of instinct, I used my wind element and hurled invisible blades at it. 

It only sent the creature back, no wound was inflicted. I used every elements that I can or cannot control -except one- but none of them has any effects. But it paused for awhile and I took the chance to run. 

"AMY!"

I stopped, shock and wide-eyed and looked back to the familiar voice.

"Cole?" I rasped out the seal master's name. 

The black panther nodded and pointed his staff at the creature behind me.

"Get behind me!" He ordered. I followed his commands and watched as his staff glowed blue. I gasped as a figure of a snowflake formed before the staff let out a huge wave of ice. 

I gaped as the creature howled and bark as the ice slowly crept from its legs to his body and tail, then to its head. Only ice works on it? I raised my palms and stared at it with wonder and slight fear. But ice is the cause of everything. 

"Are you okay?" Cole asked as he lowered his staff and turned to me in worry. Before I could answer though, I blacked out.

~*~*~*~

'Come on, Amy! You've been training hard for this!' She thought as she spread her arms, eyes closed and her lips pursed in concentration. 'Ice may be your enemy, but its also a part of you. Remember what Cole said.' Her hands started glowing blue as frosts appeared on her feet.

"Even the evilest of enemies can be your most greatest friend."

The hound shook its head and set its eyes on the pink hedgehog and let out a piercing howl.

'Don't let the fear consume you. Just embrace it. The coldness of the mountain, the beauty of the crystals...' The tingling feeling of one particular element coursed through her veins and into her palms. 'And my love for winter!' 

Willing the power in her hand grow stronger, Amy's eyes snapped open and she aimed her hands at the creature; who was now charging at her.

'Reveal, just feel...' Her emerald eyes hardened. 'Just let it show!' A burst of power was released from her hands and to the creature.

"What's that?" Knuckles asked, somewhere far from them.

Sonic just watched as his girlfriend used...is that ice? He stared at the pink hedgehog in confusion and wonder. 'I thought she wouldn't use that element anymore. Guess I was wrong.' He thought.

Indeed, the huge power was in fact, ice. Amy willed the ice to surround the creature as what Mark did to it before. The hound thrashed violently, its tail swishing wildly as it fought against the frost that was slowly creeping up to his legs and the moderate amount on its back, head and tail.

"You can do this, Amy." Sonic whispered.

Amy narrowed her eyes and growled as she increased her power. The creature raised its head to let out a final howl. However, before it could do so, the ice already encased its whole being. She gave a brief nod to the guys as she felt her vision dimming.

Seeing her signal, Shadow, Knuckles and Sonic rushed at the ice and punched it. The ice broke into huge chunks until it burst into tiny particles. 

Knuckles eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "What the hell was that?"

"No idea."

THUNK!

Everyone turned to the source of the sound and found Amy on the ground, sweating while looking a little pale. 

 "Ames!" Sonic yelled in worry as he rushed to her side.

"This is like -what?- the third or fourth time she fainted?" The red echidna grumbled as he crossed his arms. Hearing his comment, Shadow sent a glare at his way.

"Let's just get back to the workshop."

And they dashed off.

~*~*~*~*~

In another place.... 

Inside a majestic throne room, a brown squirrel -who was wearing the kingdom's military uniform minus the armour- was scanning the huge portrait of a 7 year old pink hedgehog with emerald eyes with his charcoal-black orbs. The hedgehog was wearing a pink gown with gold linings, matching gloves, and a golden crown on her head. Her hair was let down in waves as her bangs were swept to the side.

"It's been years...Amy." He whispered in a soft tone.

Years after the queen of the kingdom fled after unintentionally hurting her best friend -thinking she killed him- broke his soul in half. Thanks to the Auroras -a kingdom that was under the Rosalias- was honoured to offer their help to run the kingdom. So far, everything went smoothly.

Of course, despite the unusual power the princess held, everyone in Planet Metria loves her. After hearing she disappeared, the whole planet didn't believe it. But after believing the truth, everyone was panicking!

He chuckled at the remembrance of their worried and scared looks. He gazed sadly at the portrait. "Didn't you know, Amy? Everyone cares for you. They love you. So why did you leave?" A tear fell from his eye.

"GENERAL!" A soldier burst in the room, panting slightly. Though his face was covered, the squirrel could tell that the soldier was excited.

"Lucas." The general of the Rosalias army acknowledged him with a nod. "What brings you here?"

"We have found the location of the queen!" Lucas yelled, barely containing his excitement. 

His eyes widened. "WHERE?!"

Lucas took off his helmet. "At Mobius, Station Square."

~*~*~*~*~

HELLO MY DEAR READERS!!! Sorry for the VERY late update. SCHOOL WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! Please comment, vote, add and follow. I hope you love this chapter even though its been draft for a while. *chuckles* 

 So, Amy and co. were battling a huge hound dog from hell. Amy got to use her ice powers which is her main element. There is also a reason why Amy can control other elements as well, but that's save for later. Now, in the last scene, if you still remember Amy's peasant friend, then that's him and his subordinate. The latter giving him the news that they found their long-lost (runaway) queen in Station Square.

How will this end? On both Amy and Sonic? *smirks* I'll leave that to you.

 P. S Thank you sonamyvsshadamy for your message! You were my inspiration even if you think you didn't do anything, hehe. Really though, your message, although it was about me updating because you love the book and would like to know how it ends, you actually made me work hard to update now. :-) So thank you.

BTW, GUYS! MY BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW! MARCH 9!! -Is this a late announcement?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 333 27
You are a F/C A/T and you were struggling with money and finding a job. Soon a mysterious fire destroyed your home and you were rescued by an animal...
761 29 10
Amy always knew she wasn't normal. And it wasn't just any feeling, like little girls feeling that they're magical. No, It was because she could read...
53.9K 2K 20
Strangers, Acquaintances, Casual Friends, Close Friends, Intimate Friends ... Lovers? This story will follow the growing friendship between Shadow a...
37.5K 1K 16
Princess Amy has an arranged marriage to Prince Sonic. But a marriage doesn't mean being happily married. Though Sonic loves another he has to marry...