A Hacker's Reincarnation

By Potatoewolfie

Going by the name of Olivia Aim - a 22-year-old woman. She was an orphan and had been living in the slums, of... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1-4
Chapter 5-7
Current Characters
Chapter 8-10
Chapter 11-14
Chapter 12-15
Current Characters and Recap
Chapter 16-20
Chapter 21-24
Chapter 25-28
Chapter 29-31
Chapter 32-33
Chapter 34-35
Chapter 36-37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39-40
Current Characters
Chapter 41-42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 {END}
Epilogue (Part 1)
Epilogue (Part 2)

Chapter 48

11.8K 580 128
By Potatoewolfie

Kk hi. Super mad rn. Like, mangadex refuses to work in SEA. So I'm literally raging. Oh, and it's like, 4:19am. I'm on my exercise mats, under blankets and listening to Japanese music. I also still haven't done my D&T, art and music hw. Screw me over pls. Kk enough of my ranting, enjoy the chapter!

btw do you guys still need the index?
___________
Chapter 48
___________

Standing in front of the huge building, Kari raised an eyebrow.

"Isn't this the princes' dorms? When did it shift so close to my dorm and how in the world did Zayd manage to get placed here!?" She muttered.

Meanwhile, Zayd just stood behind her with a knowing smile. What else could it be? Oh! Manipulation of course! It's quite easy to make memories just go poof with his powers after all.

And of course, he wanted the best treatment for himself regardless. So he chose the princes' dorm since it was the fanciest and most comfortable, added on, he even shifted the dorm and no one noticed and consider it normal because he also erased their memories!

Despite all these suspicious movements, Kari just decided to ignore them. Ignorance is bliss...

And it's already been done anyways, what can she even do?

Using Zayd's card, she swiped it and realised there was also a face and eye identification needed to go through.

"..."

What's with the huge difference in security?

She turned to call out for Zayd, pushing and positioning him in front of the camera. Since he has already become a student, he should already be registered in the security system...

And she was correct! A ding was heard and the screen turned green, the huge double black doors coated with gold lining opened up wide automatically and Kari felt a cool aircon breeze flowing through her hair.

She turned to look at Zayd, only to find him gone and that he had already gone inside!

Hurrying after him, her head shifted from left to right, front to back as she admired the drastically different interiors of her dorm. She even dashed to each room, still having time to make it back to Zayd each time without getting lost. This place was much bigger than it looks on the outside!

Holy crap!

Kari could definitely easily get lost in here...

Finally, they arrived at his room. And Kari was shocked to find another identification screen at his door, now requiring his fingerprint, card, face and eyes!

What the heck! This is even more demanding and tight closed compared to just now!

Her room didn't even have this! Just a simple door lock to keep intruders out...

And... like, the princes get this? Well, they are princes after all.

There is no in helping it, plus, such status comes with great responsibility and although Kari considered herself to be quite responsible, she was still quite lazy.

Without a word, Zayd quickly completed the security process and the door to his room swung open.

Walking inside, Kari looks around eagerly, "Woah!" She exclaimed, "This room is definitely screaming your style, Zayd!"

She hopped from one place to another as Zayd unloaded all his luggage from his ring and quickly arranged it.

In a span of 15 minutes, all of Zayd's luggage was unpacked, in its right place while Kari was just burying her face onto Zayd's pillow, hugging it tightly as Zayd flushed slightly seeing her on his bed.

Images flashed through his mind...

No, no, no! You mustn't have impure thoughts now Zayd! She's a minor... You can have them when she's an adult!

Luckily suppressing his urges, he inhaled and exhaled before approaching Kari whose face was still buried into his pillow. He gently lifted up his hand and rubbed Kari's head. In response, her head moves to look at Zayd.

With upturned eyes, Zayd's heart pounded harder seeing her looking extremely cute.

His face beet red, he hurriedly got up and covered his face and patted his cheeks slightly.

Goodness, where did his previous persona go? Why was he acting like a shy maiden in love!? He's a demon king!

Cooling himself down, Zayd forgot to acknowledge that he IS in love and that Kari had managed to capture everything on camera.

She hid her phone quickly, giggling as she couldn't wait to replay the priceless footage later over and over again.
....

Hands-on her hips, Kari had a smug grin on her face as she proudly presented Zayd to her friends.

"Everyone-! This is Zayd!" She introduced him.

Zayd smiled and gave a slight bow. "Hello, I'm Zayd. It's a pleasure to meet Kari's friends."

Eyes closed and a bright smile on his face, a bright glow seem to be emitting from him, representing him like he was an angel.

Kari: ...

Tf. Isn't this guy a demon? Wait, was it devil or demon? Whatever! Same things anyway.

The four princes felt overshadowed by him, to them, it seems like his looks, aura and personality literally made them feel like rags.

Sensing a dampened mood from the princes while the girls eagerly clamped up to Zayd and asked him countless questions, all bewitched by his good looks.

Kari: "..."

She felt like something was stolen from her too...

And thus she went to join the princes.

With her sulking attitude and pouting face, Zayd's eyes naturally wandered over to her and he let out a soft chuckle seeing her crouched down, her arms wrapped around her knees, however, he didn't feel that good anymore when he saw her converse with the princes in the same depressed tone.

Would it be bad if he annihilate those princes...?

His mind then flashed back to Sugo's worried face before he took off.

________

"Do not! I repeat, do not, KILL ANY HUMANS. We do not need a second war! " Sugo said repeatedly to Zayd, imprinting the words into his mind.
_______

Getting back to the present, Zayd grudgingly suppressed his killing as he excuse himself from the crowd of girls and walk toward Kari and bend down to see her sulking face through the small gaps of her white hair.

He whispers, "Wanna play some games with me?"

Kari perk up immediately, her eyes sparking which made a bump in Zayd's chest.

He nodded and pulled Kari up. Tugging her hand, he waved at the group before he dragged Kari off to the hallways.

He turns to look at Kari, and at the countless doors, "Where's your room?"

Kari pointed to a door that was located the further down part of the hallway, she grasped Zayd's hand and pulled him over to her room.

Pushing the door open, they were greeted by Kari's room which Zayd, so graciously, with his eyes, took in every single thing of her room, his eyes basically going at the speed of light as he memorized the furniture, material and style so that back in the castle, he can create a room for Kari to live in that would go according to her style.

Kari turned around, her hands outspread, she beamed, "Do you like the interior?"

Zayd nodded and gave a bright smile, indicating that he liked it very much which Kari took a great delight to.

Walking to the big, white-rimmed TV latched onto the wall, Kari snapped her fingers and the TV turned on, white controllers appeared in their hands and headers also materialized on their heads.

Zayd made a slight 'o'. Despite having a country that was more technologically advanced, Zayd, being burdened with his duties since young had never had any chances to play like other demon kids.

Eventually, they decided to play one round before venturing off to Kari's dorm.
_____

Oop that's all!

Kk adiosss.

Its 5am

Words: 1293

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 1.3K 28
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
142K 4.7K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...
3K 136 19
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...
3K 55 16
Formerly, "I Took In A Weakened Goddess, And Now I've Been Reincarnated In A New World" --- At that moment, I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger...