Chapter 44

Hey Dreamies! Been a few months huh? I missed y'all. ;u; I forgot what happen so forgive me. Sorry if this is also fast paced. I want to finish this story as fast as I can tbh.

Anyways, here's a new chapter!

As always, give my love and thanks to my editor! <3

Editor: Chikibini

Index

-',✎

Kari- Female Protagonist

Amelia- Heroine of the otome game

Zayd- Male lead

Sugo- Assistant of Zayd

Xlec- Crown Prince of Sesta

Damon- Crown Prince of Dirus

Kain- Crown Prince of Ruirin

Arties- Crown Prince of Iduzia

---------------------------------------------------------

BOOM! A loud sound echoed throughout the entire castle, startling everyone. Especially Zayd.

Eyebrows scrunched, Zayd immediately got up from his desk and quickly stalked his way to the source of the noise.

Which is the kitchen.

Arriving there, just as he expected, there was an abundance of grey smoke everywhere.

He snapped his figures, activating his destruction attribute and the smoke immediately dispersed into thin air.

"KARI!" He shouted, his tone filled with anger.

Kari popped up at the entrance of the kitchen, wearing a chef hat. Her face was dirty from the sudden explosion, her hair underneath the chef hat sticking out all over and her white attire filled with all kinds of splotches.

Zayd frowned and walked towards her, he took her chef hat and it disappeared into thin air. He patted her hair and tried to neaten it. His hands went through her hair strands as he combed it, getting rid of all the tangles, being careful not to cause any pain.

He sighed, "I told you to be careful, why don't you listen to me?" He chided.

Kari fiddled with her hands, her face one of guilt. "Well, I just wanted to try out cooking..."

Zayd shakes his head, "Well, you found out you're bad at it. Now come on, let's get you changed." Zayd grabbed her hand and dragged her over to who god knows where.

Kari who was being pulled along had a bright face, mixed with anger and embarrassment. She cried out angrily, "Hey! I'm not that bad at cooking."

Zayd rolled his eyes, he wanted to laugh. Good at cooking? She exploded the whole kitchen! Tch, who knew what happens if she got seriously injured.

He would have murdered every kitchen employee right there and right now. He's gonna put a barrier on that kitchen now, she won't be allowed to be near it anymore.

She can't get hurt.

He won't allow it.

....

"Where. Is. Kari!?" Zayd slammed his hands on both tips of his wooden desk. Shaking with worry and anger when he couldn't find a trace of Kari in the castle.

The servant in front of him shivered with fear, he lowered his head and meekly replied, "S-somewhere o-outside sir... Her highness never told me where she went."

Yep, everyone noticed the unusual affection the king had for Kari. So they decided to call her - her highness. And funnily enough, it always seems to calm his mood down.

Zayd sighed in frustration, looking up, he glared harshly at the servant, "Well? Go and find her now!"

The servant hurriedly nodded, "Yes sir!" He then scurried away, leaving Zayd alone.

Zayd fell back into his chair as he covered his face with his hands, he was extremely worried about Kari. Where is she? Is she okay? Is she safe?

And... Why is he being like this...?

....

In the end, they found Kari wandering in one of the territories and Zayd immediately dragged her back, scolding her and making her tell him where she would go next time which made Kari sigh.

Ah, what a worrywart he is.

♡--------------------♡

"These people are sure persistent..." Kari mumbled as she typed furiously on the laptop. This was like the 10th time fighting with the same 4 hackers.

"Can't this guys just give up-" Kari got cut off from her mumbling when Sugo suddenly appeared in her room.

Kari blinked her eyes in surprise, "Woah there! What do you need, Sugo?"

Sugo had sweat trickling down his face as he was in a white cotton shirt and some grey shorts. "Sazuki... Sazuki got injured!"

"WHAT!? Oh my God! What happen! Lead me there!" Sugo nodded as he grasped Kari's hand and they both disappeared.

However... it seems that Kari had left the hacking battle. And has unfortunately left a clue.

.....

"YES! I FINALLY GOT A CLUE!" Xlec cried out in happiness as he did a victory dance on the spot.

"Really!?" Damon asked excitedly, he put down his chips and walk over to Xlec's computer. "What clue did you get??" Bending down, he looks at his screen.

Xlec grinned, sitting back down, he began typing, "It's not much, but it's a clue! I managed to get hold of their hacking program! Now, all we do to do is scan this worldwide and we can get the location of the hacker!"

Damon's eyes glinted, just as he was about to reply, he was paused by a ringing of his cell phone.

Taking out his phone, he furrowed his eyebrows and answered the call.

After a while of speaking, finally, he hung up and rubbed his forehead.

"What's wrong, Damon?" Arties asked in concern, seeing his unusual behaviour. Damon turned to him with a troubled look, "Well, your parents just called and informed me the three of you guys have to go back to your countries now."

Kain raised his eyebrow, "Why?"

Damon shrugged in reply, "I don't know. They didn't tell me. I'm gonna go arrange a plane for each of you. Hold on."

...

Sorry, this is a short chapter! I'm getting back into writing this story so it take a while for me to readjust.

Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed. Also, 3 new characters next chapter.

Hehe.

Have a great day and stay safe!

Words: 916

Oof.