BEING YOURS

By mhyz-serena

~Sequel to Let Me Be Yours~ Let's join Amira and Ali in their journey of adventure, forgiveness, finding love... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHARTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY -EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FOURTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
EPILOGUE
HELLO
B. Y. ... BYE 👋

CHAPTER NINE

3.1K 316 35
By mhyz-serena

She exited her car and scanned the tall and mighty building in awe.

The environment was busy, lots of people went on and about their activities. The name was sculptured at the top of the entry.

Dangali and Sons Ltd.

She locked the car and held the hem of her veil at her side as she ambled into the building.

The receptionist's desk was at the end of the hall, the place was bustling and she received a lot of glances as she headed for the receptionist.

"Morning." She placed the food basket on the desk, a smile on her face.

"Good morning Ma'am, how may I help you?"

"Umm, which floor is the CEO's office?"

The dark-skinned tall lady stared at her derisively and Amira pinned her eyes on her.

"Do you have an appointment Ma'am?"

Do I need an appointment to meet my own husband?

"No." She said instead.

"Well, I'm sorry but_"

"I'm his wife."

The lady gazed her up and Amira will be lying if she said she wasn't getting pissed.

"Okay, I'll place a call to his office. Do have a seat."

"Excuse me?"

"Is there a problem?"

Amira bit down her irritation.

"Nah, go on."

The receptionist placed the call. "There's someone here to meet the CEO... okay." She put down the receiver.

"I'm sorry but he's in a meeting presently."

"Thanks for the information. Now which floor is my husband's office?"

"I just told you he's in a meeting."

"Did I say I didn't hear that? If you don't know, just tell me."

"You should have a seat, I'll inform you when he's out."

Amira took off her shades and sighed.

"Do you think I'm lying?"

"No."

"Then are you telling me where my husband's office is or not?"

"Have a seat ma'am."

Amira hissed and fished out her phone from her bag and was just about calling Umar when the elevator adjacent them opened and Khalil walked out, explaining something to a man in a green kaftan.

He stopped when his eyes met Amira and she smiled at him, putting down her phone.

"Ya Khalil."

"Whoa, who do we have here?" He went up to her after excusing himself from the man.

They greeted and he raised a brow at the basket on the desk.

"Amira you know you're a life saver. I was starving only Allah knows."

She chuckled at the silly face he made.

"I was just about calling Ya Umar. What floor is Ali's office?"

"Why do you have to call Farouq? You should've just asked Tabitha."

"I don't think she knows the floor of his office."

He frowned at Tabitha. "Why's that?"

"I heard he's in a meeting Sir." She hung her head.

"And didn't you know she's his wife?"

"I don't think she does." Amira answered.

She wouldn't wanna have a bad record with someone she met just three minutes ago. And seeing how Khalil was furious - she's never seen him get so angry suddenly, that could happen in seconds.

"Well, she's the oga's wife and she deserves reverence. When she's here, you take her bag and take her up to his office. That's just to stay in his good book. So do that now_"

"No, Ya Khalil. I wanna go up myself."

"Oh, okay. Come with me then." She took the basket without sparing Tabitha a look and went after him.

He took out his ID card as they waited for the door to open.

"You need this to go to the tenth floor and to get into his office." He gave her the card. "It's the last in the corridor_"

The elevator opened and three women went out and she went in.

"You'll know your husband's office when you see it. I'll meet you for that later."

She thought he meant his ID card but who's she kidding? He's looking at the basket.

They both laughed and the door closed.

She keyed her destination and put the card before the reader. It tinged and she scaled up, all that light weight making her want to throw up the meal she had before coming over.

The corridor was quiet but she sighted a young man behind a desk, going through some papers.

He stared at her unfamiliarly as she approached him with a smile on.

She greeted and he replied formally.

"Where's the CEO's office?"

He's quiet for a moment then he pointed to his left. "You'll see his secretary's cubicle by your right, the office is right beside it. But do you have a pass?"

"Pass?"

"Only the managers' IDs and his secretary's can grant you access. Andy is currently with him in a meeting."

"Oh, I have the ID, thanks a lot."

"Most welcome Ma'am."

She strolled down the exquisite hall and a lady in a suit and hijab greeted her as she passed by her cubicle.

Khalil was right when he said she'd know her husband's office when she saw it.

The black walls and flooring was a big contrast to the dark gray ones she's passed through. The secretary's cubicle was by it's immediate right and from the outside it smelt of augustness. There's a row of garden kits with fleshy microgreens just beside the auto door overlooking the full-wall window.

That's just Ali adding a feel of nature to his pomp.

She placed the ID and the door beeped then opened up.

The air smelt of him, blue and sovereign. The walls were juxtaposed in black and grey, his high-end office table stood at an end before the floor-to-ceiling window which gave an overlook of the Zaria street.

There were a few files beside his MacBook pro, an empty cup of coffee and some stationery. Just before the table at the right was a large book shelf with assorted books, documents and everything paper-related. There's also a few art miniatures and some pic frames.

And to the left was a large cabinet containing God knows what.

To the other end of the office was a small living area with two white armchairs and a three-seater couch flanking a white centre console and a TV perched on the wall.

The window there was covered with gray shades leaving only the intricate LED lightening and the glass wall to illuminate the space.

She couldn't blame him for so much plushness. He gotta make where he tortures himself cozy enough so he won't get tuckered out easily.

He might not be a man to be arrogant with his wealth or enjoy his life to the zenith with it but he sure knows how to keep his space prime and comfortable enough for anyone to feel at home.

She was yet to see something of Ali that's of little impressiveness or worth. They might look as such but they weigh more than they display.

She kept the basket of food and her handbag on the console then went on admiring her husband's opulence.

Ali will not kill me in this life.

* * *

"What risks do we expect here Mr Francis?"

"Risks? I don't see risks Mr Hamza, you can rest assured. We've signed the deal, I'll hold my part of it well."

"Well then, I hope I have a nice time doing business with you." Ali went on his feet.

"I hope so too."

They shook hands and the man left.

"What more for today Andy?" He asked as Andy followed on his tail out of the conference room.

"You have lunch by two with the director of Taste Rich, then coffee by four with Mr Sebastian Clark and a board meeting by six. Yes, I had a call from Mrs Fatima, she rescheduled your meeting for Monday if you're available."

"I'm not available for Monday, Andy." He glanced at him and placed his thumb on the scanner of his office.

"Yeah, I'll check that."

"Get the account records for the week and the minutes of the last_" His legs, brain and heart seized synchronically at the middle of his office.

For a second everything happened in a blur and only his iris followed her to him.

His senses sparked alive the moment she enveloped him in a hug. "Hey,"

What's she thinking?!

"Good afternoon Ma'am." Andy greeted and her smile brightened.

"Good afternoon, Andy." She called the name like trying to be sure and when he ducked his head with a smile, she knew she guessed correctly.

Ali cleared his throat. "Make that the minutes of the last board meeting, and...the lunch by two, tell the director I can't make it. She can set a time during the weekend, I will be less busy."

"Okay Sir." Andy walked out, scribbling on his notepad.

"Hey." She bopped her head at him and he asked the question he's been itching to ask.

"What are you doing here?"

She scoffed at his question. This guy's a handful wallah.

"Maybe I should be asking you why you haven't been at home for four days."

He still had a neutral face which was concealing his emotions well.

Heck! Those feelings!

"But that can wait." She held his arm and dragged him to his seat. "You look so malnourished. When last did you have something foody to eat?"

He only stared as she sat on his desk, pushing his system aside.

"Don't look at me like that." She rolled her eyes. "I've been in here waiting for twenty minutes, I must say, you've got a nice office here. I could move in for the rest of my life. It's so wowing."

"How did you get in?" He furrowed his brows.

"The door knew I was your wife, I mean, it's written all over me. I dressed up today for you and you didn't even compliment." She gave him a playful glare.

He checked her black ankara with blue and purple circular prints which was sown elegantly in a peplum blouse and skirt with bead work and a high neck. She had her headtie tied perfectly to seal her hair leaving a hump at the back of her head. Her crystal flower jewellery lay around her neck and ears and the silver TAG Heuer wristwatch added glam to her henna-ed hands.

"You applied henna?" His eyes lingered on her hands.

"I'm a Muslim, Muslims apply henna."

"Well, you look good." He looked across his table.

"Good? Is that the word?" She frowned.

His eyes turned to give her a look, again.

She applied makeup. He's just noticing actually. It wasn't too much, just enough to enhance her looks. She filled in her brows, had a wing liner, longer lashes, nude lipstick and some contour on her face.

"Fabulous."

"I can make do with that. Though I was expecting something like, mind-boggling, feet-sweeping, breath-taking. But what can I do about my unwordy husband? We'll work on the complimentary adjectives some other time. I made you lunch." And she's down from the desk heading towards the living area, her purple viscose veil waving in the air as she walked.

"BTW, I called Ya Umar. He said you'd be here today." She opened the foldable lunch basket on his table and brought out three plates and spoons, a bowl of wrapped vegetables, a flask, salad cream and three cans of maltina.

"I believe we have much to talk about." She put back two plates and kept the basket on the floor then leaned back on the table.

"Lemme start by apologising. I shouldn't have done and said everything I did," She scratched her neck with her index. "I was quite upset about everything and it made me rather... temperamental. I know you've been staying away because I asked you to but," She sighed. "I appreciate you giving me some space, thanks a lot. But let's quit the hide and seek, if it was one, I caused all this and here I am, trying to correct it. I'm really sorry okay? You worth far more than any cupcake in the world, like a zillion more. I was just too crazy then to even know what I was saying. I'm truly sorry, like truly sincerely sorry."

He blinked twice and fixed his eyes on the blank screen of his laptop.

"Ali," She held his hand on the table and just then Andy came in with two files in his hand.

Ali gingerly slid his hand from hers and drew his seat closer to the desk.

"The account hasn't been compiled, said they do so on Saturdays. This is just a rough copy but she promised to get everything set in half an hour. And here are the last minutes." He placed the files before Ali.

"Place a call to Umar, he should meet me when he arrives."

"Okay." He took the empty cup and left.

Ali skimmed through the papers then kept them aside, unbuttoned his jacket, shrugged it off and laid it at the other end of the table.

He swirled back and pressed the intercom.

"No calls, Andy."

And he took off the tie, tossed it beside the jacket, relaxed on his chair, shut his eyes and puffed out.

"I'm not ready." He murmured, palms on his face.

"For?"

"This." He set his blue eyes on her.

Her brows waggled in confusion. "Elaborate."

"What happened was none of your fault. Look, nothing bad that happens between us is any of your fault. It's plainly mine. I messed us up from the very beginning. I understand how you must have felt. Yeah, maybe I got upset that you spurned my effort but come to think of it, who am I to feel upset? You did what would make you happy while I was only looking out for my standards,"

"Ali,"

"No, I have to be the one apologising and I honestly don't know how to ever do that. Everything I've done to you, everything I'm still doing to you... I can do nothing but say sorry anytime I hurt you and that won't change anything and neither will it stop me from doing it again. I'll never be the ideal husband to you, to anyone else. I will always surely end up hurting you, again and again.

"And I know I should have let you go since that's what you want and it's the only thing that'll make you happy but I must admit I was terrified when you wanted to leave. I have no right to ask you this but please, if you wanna leave, anytime you wanna leave, don't do it like that. Not just out of the blue or when you're so upset. It really spazzes me out when I know I'm the one behind your pain and erratic behaviour, so please when you wanna leave, do it when we're not at loose ends. Please."

She pursed her lips and nodded.

A blanket of silence enshrouded them, blocking out all the questions and talks on their tongues and leaving them in a thick air.

Amira sighed and reached for the flask.

"I prepared fried rice, just for you."

He watched as she scooped the salivatory green rice in a plate, just two serving spoons, a scoop of the vegetables, a blob of cream and a chicken lap.

She's getting used to his little food rule. But she's always cooked simple dishes, noodles, toasts, rice and stew, chips, pasta, nothing out of his eating zone, but this...

He inhaled first before speaking. "I can't eat that."

She peered at him with a scowl. "Why? Is there a problem?"

"I'm not a fan of fried rice."

"Why?"

He swallowed, thinking of a good answer to her question. "It's not properly cooked and it's oily."

"I don't eat half-cooked rice, and it doesn't have too much oil. It's only green, salt free. Taste it." She spooned some for him.

She was yet to know why he lives on a strict diet but doesn't want to dig into it. With time, they'll surely get to know each other better.

Ali, on the other hand, took a flyer and ate. To his astonishment, it tasted far better than it looked. Well cooked, spicy and palatable.

"Nice."

"I told you." She beamed and spooned more for him.

"You spoon-feeding me?" He jeered.

"What?" She smirked. "Can't I?"

He shook his head and took the spoon from her. "I'm not a baby."

"Says the man who's shy to show me the leg chain he bought."

He twisted his face at that. "Will you ever let me outlive that?"

"Nope. Until you tell me whose it is."

"No one." He ate some more.

"Do you wear anklets?"

"Can't I?"

She laughed out. "A big fierce man with an anklet. Wow!"

He zeroed his eyes on her. "You underestimating me?"

"No no no, do as you wish big guy. Your life is all yours."

He took his fifth and sixth spoon, had some malt.

"Can I have more veggies?"

"Of course." She spooned him some more, leaving enough for Umar and Khalil.

"So, how's work going?"

"Okay."

"And the navy?"

"Good."

"You having a hard time?"

"Nah, normal."

"You've been missing sleep, haven't you?"

"Why?" He glanced at her.

"I just guessed. You always miss sleep."

He stripped the meat of its skin and took a bite. "I'll rest later. The meat's good."

"Well, thanks."

He ate half of the meat and then got up to go wash his hand.

"You know, you're the first man I know who eats what a year old baby does." She said when he arrived from the washroom, rolling up his sleeves.

He stared mutely at her. "What?"

"Why do you eat so little? You eat 'food' only once a day, sometimes in two. All you go for are just snacks and constant coffee."

"That's 'food'." He came to the desk and took his seat, switching on his laptop.

"I don't think Ya Umar and Ya Khalil will agree to that."

"Well, they aren't the one's we're talking about."

"A big guy with a baby's stomach capacity."

"Amira, be quiet."

"Oh you, do you always put in your passwords in other's presence?"

"Your mind wasn't here, you won't get it the first time even if it was."

"You underestimating me?"

He glanced at her, then rebooted the device.

"What are you doing?"

"Shock me." He moved away from the screen.

She stared at the blinking cursor in the bar, waiting for a watchword to be inserted.

"You kidding me?!"

"Why?"

"Hah, I didn't tell you I knew."

"I thought you'd impress me." He inserted again.

"I got it!"

"I know."

"I'm serious!"

He glanced at her. "You're harmless."

"Whoa, you're underestimating me!"

"So? Whatcha gonna do with it?" He scanned through some document icons.

"A lot of things! I just got the CEO's system's password! I could rob this company!"

"Careful what you say. There are cameras around."

"What?!" Her eyes went wide.

"Except if you got a cracker, a skilled one, you can't rob this company."

"You're so full of yourself." She squinted her eyes on him.

He smiled. "What do you know about computers? Except socializing and entertainment."

"Wha... A lot!"

"Okay guru, rob us." He smiled.

She rolled her eyes. "I won't."

"Why?"

"How much will you give me if I do."

He stared at her incredulously, then chuckled. "You kidding me?"

"What?" She wore an innocent face.

"You're duping me, and I'm paying you?"

"I could use some extra cash." She adjusted her veil, trying not to laugh.

"You're crazy."

They chit-chatted as he worked, bringing up trivial topics, laughing and teasing each other carefreely.

"I'm starting my exams next week."

"Wish you best of luck."

"Amin ya rabb."

"I must say, you've been doing really good. You'll ace this too in shaa Allah."

"Amin, thanks a lot. You'll pray for me won't you?"

"Of course," His brows knitted as he checked the time. "It's past zuhr."

"Oh."

He left the work he's doing for the washroom to make wudu'.

"Can you pray like that?" He asked as he neared the bookshelf for the sallajah.

"Why not? But I've already prayed, carry on."

"You've prayed?"

"Am I lying?"

"Didn't say." He got the mat and splayed it.

"It was already noon while I was home and since I didn't know how long I'll be staying out, I just prayed." She explained, shrugging.

"And is that accepted?" He asked without facing her, rolling down his sleeves.

"I think so, isn't it?"

If she heard right, he chuckled and started his prayer.

The nerve of... She shook her head and got her phone to pastime with as he prayed.

She met a message from Bahira.

Hey there, guess what?

🤔

👀👀Salis said he'll be coming to Kaduna next week.

Really?

Yeah, that he has some work to attend to this week,

He'll pay you a visit after that.

It's meant to be a surprise so act surprised 😈

Okay, captain 😄

So how's indoors? 🙄

Doing good, we're on a date actually 😎

Date wetin...??? 😱😱😱

Heard right, he's reading your messages too 😋

🤤🤤🤤

Ahbeg, talk real 😐

I'm damn serious, he's here.

Want a vid call?😉

Noooooooo

I hate his face! 😤

He's reading fah😣

Whatever, you've spoilt by mood completely.

Tell him to act surprised when Salis comes.

😂😂😂 okay, fiery you.

And I know he's not reading...

And you're not on a date 😋

Iyyeee 😞 I'm lying kenan?

It's highly possible 🤪

I hate you 🤧

I love you too 🤗🤗

🙄🙄

So how did your date go?

What date???

Did he like the food😒

He loved it 😍😍😍😍😍

He's been making me prepare it for him everyday.

10k per meal 😎

😲😲

Ahswr, that guy's a spendthrift. But who cares? 😋

Take it easy girl, you've not even introduced him to your folks yet. Bi a slow.

I know, but he won't take no for an answer, he has my acc num, he just transfers.💸🤑

Whoa, I pray his intentions are pure. Be careful.

See you 😂, giving me advice as per... 🤣

Anyways, tnx bundles. I'll be careful 😊

Better for you, you can rarely tell good from bad these days. And I don't know him well to say,

Don't worry, we'll keep it halal in shaa Allah.

Please do, halal is always better 😊

👀👀

I'm serious girl 😡

Fiery little being, 🤣

Well you can never know, things happen... 😄💔

😅😅 you'll never outlive that will you?

How would I when you're always hyping it?

😂 hype ke? Don't blame me now,

Some memories are better off as jokes 😜

See ur mumu head 🐵🐵

Like yours 🐒

Gerrat jor 😂

Like hubby's done praying 😋 gotta run

You really on an outing?😨

Of course 😎

Hah, happy outing-ing.

He'll hear the 'I hate his face' part, trust me. 😋

Do as you wish, he can't get to me for the life of him.

Believe me he can 😏

🤨

Bye for now 😂😘😘

She went off and kept the phone on the desk.

"What next?"

"Rest."

"Wha, so you do that?"

He quirked his brows at her, putting the sajjada back to its place.

"Poor thing, come here." She took her phone and got up from his seat then held him to the living space.

"What're you doing?"

"Sit." She sat on the couch and patted the space beside her.

"Sit?" He scorned.

She pulled him forcefully, seems he didn't expect that as he crashed beside her, she laid his head on her lap and he stared at her ridiculously.

"Lemme give you a massage, it'll help you rest better. Excuse me." She lifted his head up and snatched the remote controls from the console then sat back.

"What movies do you prefer?"

"Any." He muttered, his arm on his forehead.

She tuned to studio universal where Teen Spirit was being aired.

"You watch this sort of movies?" He asked.

"If it's interesting." She kept the control and ran her fingers through his head. "When did you have a haircut?"

"Monday." He shut his eyes.

"You look better with the hair." She stroked his scalp gently.

He smiled. "I'll stop keeping it then."

"I said you look better with it."

"That's why I'll stop keeping it."

"You're weird." She chuckled.

She kept up the massage, moving with circular motions, going back and front with her fingertips, massaging the base of his head, his neck, moving back to the crown, rubbing his temples with the heel of her palms and keeping her pace slow.

He slipped into a quiet and restful sleep in less than three minutes.

She reduced the volume and continued the massage as his breathing became deeper.

This man, why the hell does he refuse to sleep if he's feeling sleepy?

She went on her phone when he's far into his slumber, playing a wordcross because she won't get what's happening in the movie.

She prefers to watch movies at high volume - not too high though.

About twenty minutes later Umar and Khalil walked in, laughing.

"Shh." Amira placed her index on her lips and they went quiet, smiling teasingly at her.

"What do we have here?" Khalil opened the flask and wowed. "I just remembered how hungry I am."

"Yeah right." Umar popped a can of malt. "You should be coming more often."

Amira chuckled and they took the meal with them.

"Your ID Ya Khalil." She said as they went to the door.

"Lemme eat first Amira," He pouted and went out.

Amira shook her head and clicked her WhatsApp, chatting with Nabeelah, Amir and her AUN group chat.

Yeah, she still keeps in touch with her 'ex' colleagues.

Goodwill: The press misses you Mira.

That's her former coursemate and the current press club president.

Amira: I miss it too 😙

Maria: When are you graduating?

That's Jalaal's younger sister.

Amira: Starting exams on Mon.

Goodwill: wow! Ours will be November, can't believe you'll graduate before us.

Amira: yessoo 😋

Maria: so, will you make it for our grad?

Goodwill: of course she will 😶

Amira: BGG, let's see how things turn out. The grad will be December right?

Maria: obviously.

Amira: if I don't have plans for it, I'll make it in shaa Allah.

Goodwill: hope you will.

Maria: wlhi, we'll be expecting you when Ya Fara delivers.

Amira: you know that's a must ai😉

And she surfed away time on her phone, moving from app to app and doing whatever she could.

An hour and half later Ali stretched and batted his lashes as he opened his eyes, he jolted to a sitting position and Amira held his arm.

"Jeez, where are you running to?"

He looked at her with misty-eyes.

"Why on Earth do you always look cute? I look like a zombie when I wake up from sleep."

He turned his eyes downwards and closed them, shook his head to buzz off his drowsiness.

"What's the time?" He husked.

"Half past three. You got a wristwatch y'know."

"Argh." He massaged his nape. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Why did you fall asleep?"

He scowled at her. "I'm never getting a head massage again."

"Oh? See your big head." She bopped his head and he held her hand.

"Really, you should stop hitting me okay?"

She laughed at him. If it was a month ago he said that to her with that grave look on his face, she'd have cowered before him, but now, nah, he looks cute.

"I can't believe I never noticed just how cute you look when you frown."

He narrowed his eyes to slits. "Get out of my office."

She raised a brow then relaxed on the couch. "Well I don't feel like leaving."

"You are." He got up from the couch and went to the washroom, washed his face then came out to his desk.

"Who brought you here?" He got his phone and switched it on.

"Do I need someone to bring me here?"

"Wait," He reviewed her. "You didn't drive yourself all the way did you?"

"What do you take me for?" She flouted, coming closer to his desk.

"I never gave you permission to drive yourself."

"Oh now, don't be so domineering." She rolled her eyes and sat on the chair across his. "I drive myself around a lot and... why did you get me a car if I won't get to ride it?"

"How did you know your way here?"

"I'm your wife Ali, I know your company's address. Moreover, it isn't quite hard to spot y'know."

He sighed and pinched the space between his eyes. "You're never allowed to drive yourself."

"Wah, I have a driver's license FYI."

"A what? When?" His eyes bulged out and she chuckled.

"You look good with that face."

"How old are you again?"

"I don't remain seventeen forever, I had a driver's license since I was fourteen."

"What sort of a girl are you?" He placed a hand akimbo.

"We all got lives Ali. And we all got pasts. You can go on with your work, I'll go home when I'm ready."

"You're going home now."

"No."

"The traffic will be bad, I'll get Andy to drive you home." He got his receiver.

"I can drive myself." She snatched the device from him.

"You aren't." He made to take it back but she stepped away.

"Do you really think it's comfortable staying in a car alone with a man who's not related to you?"

He went short of words for a moment, his face neutral.

Ya Salaam!

"I'm sorry but I can drive myself." She put back the receiver. "It seems you don't want me here, well, I'm leaving."

"I'm taking you home." He said as she headed for the living area.

"You don't have to." She said without giving him a glance.

He didn't reply her and fixed his cufflinks then wore his jacket.

"Umm_" She turned around and saw him buttoning up. "Hey! I said I'm going alone!"

"Nobody tells me what to do."

"You've got work to attend to, you shouldn't worry. I can drive myself and moreover, it's just fifteen minutes drive home." She's now standing before him.

"Thirty and it's dangerous."

"I'll be fine." She stepped in front of him, held his arms. "Trust me."

Those eyes! Those coffee eyes!

Damn! I need coffee.

"Please pull up my zipper." She turned around. "I don't know how it opened up."

His fingers shakily went to the tip then his eyes landed on her bare back.

Damn! He stepped away.

She noticed his retreat and turned around to face him but his eyes were closed, jaws clenched hard.

"What's_" It hit her then.

Her lips parted and she blinked continuously.

Ya Allah! She heaved out a sigh.

"Ali," She stepped towards him but he moved back.

His fingers went to his head and he slipped to his knees making her fall in front of him too.

"Ali it's_"

"Just... go home Amira."

"Stop this okay? I was just about registering today as the best day of my eight months of marriage so please don't ruin it."

"I have. I already have." He gruffed, clenched his eyes shut.

"It's okay, they're just scars, they'll go."

"I'm sorry." He muttered.

"Accepted. Now help me with my zipper will you? My fingers are too short, I don't know how I wore it in the first place." She rambled as she turned around on her knees. "Don't mind those lines, I don't have their time now."

He pulled it up and shut his eyes again while she turned over and lifted his face.

"I'm sorry. I'm deeply sorry."

Amira placed her hands on his shoulders. "Look at me."

He slumped his shoulder and head again. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." She wrapped her arms around him in an abrupt hug. "It's all in the past Ali, let's forget it."

"Have you forgotten?"

She pulled out and stared into his eyes. His icy blue eyes.

"I've lived through it. And I wish you could to."

"Was it easy?"

"I had the will."

"Well I don't." He looked floorward again.

She raised his face and his eyes fell into hers, those eyes, those eyes could rip him of his stamina.

"My big fierce guy can do anything. Since I chose him over my cupcakes, believe me, he means a lot to me, and I see a lot in him."

Her words had an effect on him he couldn't understand. They made him both scared and... well, more scared.

Don't look up to me Amira. I'm not the man you take me for. I'm only big, but far from fierce.

He wanted to voice that out but instead he offered to walk her to her car.

"That's a lot more like it." She beamed and jumped to her feet.

She tied her headdress messily perfect and wrapped her veil around her shoulders.

"Where's the basket?" Ali asked.

"Oh, Ya Umar and Ya Khalil took it." She got her handbag and phone. "There's his ID, he might come for it later."

"Aren't you taking it?"

"The basket? Of course, let's go get it." She asked and answered herself. Ali smiled.

They got the basket from Umar and set off to the elevator.

"Why do people need an ID to get to the tenth floor?"

"It's for executives."

"And the big guy's office is limited to four peeps?"

He smiled. "The big guy doesn't like disturbance."

"Wah, this small girl's packing in then." They went into the elevator and he clicked their destination.

"Okay."

"Is that a yes?"

"It's a 'do as you wish'."

"You won't have a prob with that?"

"Maybe."

"What do you think everyone's gonna think?"

"That the big guy's small girl is shameless."

She smacked his arm and he chuckled. So beautifully.

"You're such a fire cracker."

"You are forbidden to ever say this cool girl's shameless."

"So you're courteous?"

"Of course." She chinned up and they both laughed as the door opened. They walked out, he holding the basket and she with her handbag.

"You're far from cour_" He stopped midsentence and deadpanned at the eyes on them, the hall instantly quiet.

"Is something wrong?" Ali demanded and the eyes on them shifted, the crowd going on nervously with their activities.

Amira chuckled and held his arm as they proceeded. "Big guy's scary eh?"

He smiled, looked down at her. "Don't comment on everything little girl."

She hit his arm and frowned. "Don't call me that."

He chuckled and was about to speak when Andy appeared before them.

"Can I take a shot sir?"

"No_"

"Why not?" Amira beamed at him and Ali huffed.

"I'm not_"

"Just a pic, please." She pouted and he couldn't believe he thought this.

She's... gorgeous.

Andy took the basket from him and she hugged his arm.

"Smile." Whispered she.

He gave a small smile.

"You always look good with everything."

And his smile straightened on its own, and the camera clicked.

"Really, you look good with everything, and in anything." She patted him and headed to Andy to send the snap to her device.

After a quick thanks, she met with Ali outside and they advanced to her car.

"When will you come home?" She asked when he opened the door for her after keeping the basket at the back.

He thought for a moment. "Tonight, in shaa Allah."

"Early?"

"Late. Very late."

"But you will come home."

"Yeah."

She nodded and climbed on.

"Drive carefully."

She rolled her eyes. "Okay."

"I'm serious." He wore a straight look and she laughed, did a salute.

"Aye Commander."

He chuckled and straightened the seatbelt, hooked it on her.

"Really now?"

"Yeah, and don't take it off till you reach home."

"I'm not a baby." She whined.

"You are."

She glared at him and he chuckled.

"See you tomorrow morning."

"See you when you get back home, tonight."

He didn't assume she'd keep to her word until he reached home at quarter past eleven and met her with her books in the sitting room.

"Welcome home big guy."

And he could only gape.

* * *

Hello lovelies 😍😍 are you feeling what I'm feeling??? 😋😋

So erm... I don't know how to say this but I think I got some... let's say, unsettling news? Not bad, just unsettling.

But I'll leave that for the next chapter in shaa Allah.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the chappy.

Xoxo for now❣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 7.1K 26
Loving Alek came easily. Being indifferent to him was the hard part. If I wanted any chance of surviving this breakup, I needed to get my acting ski...
254K 17.7K 36
She was a miracle to him but her life was cursed. Cursed by a sacrifice she made to her own. He was full of mistakes but the kind of perfect she want...
6.5K 340 42
Georgia has always held a fascination for the Middle East. With little money and nothing to keep her home, she seizes the chance to teach English in...
212K 5.3K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...