Fake love ✔

By laix_x

[completed] Morgan Rivero is the leader of the most powerful mafia in the country. Romeo Mazzaro, also known... More

authors note
intro
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
Alternative ending
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2

XXV

4.2K 89 30
By laix_x

Chapter twenty five

•Morgan•

I wake up on my stomach, facing away from Romeo. Suddenly, his arm wraps around me, pulling me closer to him. I turn so I'm facing him, his arm still wrapped around me. "I know you're staring at me", he mumbles, his voice raspy from sleep.

"I—I wasn't", I lie.

"Mhm", he opens his eyes to look at me. "What's the time?"

"I mean, I would check but, you know, I'm kind of stuck", I gesture to his arms around me. He groans, letting go of me so I can grab my phone. "It's past 11 o'clock, don't you have work?"

"I don't work on Sunday's", he mumbles into the pillow.

"That didn't stop you working every other Sunday", I stand up from the bed.

"I don't work on Sunday's, starting today", he corrects himself. "I also don't want to see my dad today", he turns over onto his back, stretching. "How's your arm?" I crawl over the bed, onto his side, holding my arm out to him.

"It's not that bad", I mutter.

"It's bruised", he lightly skims his thumb over the bruise. "I have some gel you can put on it. You're not allergic to anything else, right?"

"Nope", he nods, letting go of my arm. "I'm gonna go take a shower".

I make my way to my room, picking out my clothes for today; a green sweater and jeans, seeing as the weather is very cold.

After I take a warm shower, fix my hair and makeup and get dressed, I walk back over to Romeo's room. As I walk in, he's buttoning his jeans facing away from me. "Shit you scared me", he jumps slightly when he sees me on his bed.

"Sorry", I chuckle. "Where you going?"

"I need Max's help with something. I was thinking of asking Parker if he wants to come, you can too", he pulls a blue T-shirt on.

"No thanks, I'm probably going to meet up with Hayley", I take my phone out of my back pocket, texting her to meet me for lunch.

"Okay, have fun", he comes over, standing opposite the bed to show me two pairs of sneakers. One being a pair of white Roger Viviers Viv' Runs and the other being a pair of white and blue Alexander McQueens. "Which one's should I wear?"

"Those", I point to the Roger Viviers. I then hear a buzz coming from my phone; a message from Hayley saying she'll meet me at the restaurant near the park. "I need to leave now", I get up, walking over to where Romeo's sat in one of his chairs, tying his shoe laces. "I'll see you later", I kiss his cheek before leaving to go downstairs.

"Morning", Parker says, sitting at the island.

"Hey", I walk over to the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water. "Did you eat?"

"Yeah. Will didn't come today, I don't know why, but I ate some cereal".

"Alright. I'm gonna go now, I'll see you later", I wave as I leave. Quickly grabbing my keys, I make my way over to where my car is parked, starting the journey to the restaurant.

As I pull up, I find a parking spot right next to Hayley's car. I walk in, seeing her at a table to the left. "Hey", she says as I slide in opposite her.

"Hey, hope I didn't make you wait too long".

"No no, it's cool. I literally just got here", she puts her phone down. "So, what's been going on with you and Romeo?" She smirks, jokingly.

"Nothing", I roll my eyes. "What's going on with you and Jacob?"

"Uhh", she stops as the waiter walks up to our table.

"Hi, can I get you guys any drinks?"

"Hi, yeah can I get a glass of orange juice please", I put the menu down after choosing what I want.

"I'll get the same, please. Thank you", Hayley says. The waiter writes it down before nodding, and leaving the table.

"Carry on, you didn't answer my question", I chuckle at her pouting face.

"I texted him", she mumbles.

"And?"

"He texted back", I hold back my squeal, seeing as were in a restaurant. "We've been talking", she shrugs, as if it's no big deal.

"Let me see", I hold my hand out for her to give me her phone. "Thank you", I sing as she passes it to me, leaving me to scroll through the messages. "You guys are gonna be a cute couple", I gush.

"Chill, it's not even been a week yet", she takes her phone back as the waiter comes back with our drinks.

"Thank you", we both say.

"Are you ready to order, or should I come back?"

"No, we're ready", I look at Hayley and she nods. "Can I get the chicken wraps please", he nods.

"And can I get spaghetti bolognese please".

"Is that all?"

"Uh, yes. Thank you".

✯✯✯✯

After lunch, Hayley and I went to the mall until we both decided we'd go home.

"Hello?" I say as I answer my phone.

"Hey, are you on your way back?" Romeo asks.

"Yeah I'm almost there, but I'm driving so I've gotta go".

"Alright, see you in a bit", he hangs up. Soon after, I pull up into his driveway, parking over to the left, getting out and making my way inside.

"I'm back", I announce, walking into the living room.

"Hey", Romeo says from the couch, leaning back with his arms out.

"Wait, let me take my shoes off", I mutter, pulling my sneakers off before going to sit next to Romeo, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Where's Parker?"

"He went out with Max, Megan and a few of their other friends from school, to the fair. Max insisted on going", he pauses. "More like begged because he really wanted to go, but he told me not to tell anyone", I chuckle. "Are you doing anything tonight?" He speaks, quietly. I shake my head. "We're going out".

"What? Like a date?" I ask, hesitantly.

"I—I mean, yeah", I sigh in relief.

"That would've been so awkward if I said that and you said no", I chuckle, sitting up. "What should I wear?"

"Casual, comfortable type of clothes", I begin to stand up.

"I need to take a shower so, is there a certain time I need to be ready by?" He checks his phone for the time.

"It starts at seven, so you have a couple of hours. But be ready by six because it takes about 45 minutes to get there and I wanna go buy snacks".

"Okay", I say excitedly, going upstairs to get ready.

I turn the shower on, picking out my clothes as I wait for it to warm up. I pick out a white, baggy T-shirt with a black logo, and black sweatpants.

After I finish showering, I dry my body before changing into my outfit. I fix my hair, putting it into two french plaits and grabbing a pair of white sneakers from my shoe rack. As I'm walking over to the stairs, I walk into Romeo's room, taking one of his hoodies from his closet, tying it around my waist for now. "Ready?" I ask as I walk into the living room.

"Yeah", he puts his phone in his pocket, standing up. "You look great".

"Thank you", I grin. "So do you", I glance down at his black T-shirt and cargo pants.

"Let's go then", he holds a hand out for me to take as we walk outside.

"Aren't we taking one of your cars?" I gesture to the garage.

"Not today. I borrowed my friend's truck, we're going in that", I nod as he walks me over to the truck, parked in his drive. I slide in, sitting right next to Romeo, slipping my hand into his once he gets in.

We drive for a little while before stopping by the store, I decide not to go in and let Romeo pick whatever snacks he wants, knowing I'll like whatever he gets. I use it as an opportunity to text Hayley.

Morgan: we're going on a date!

Hayley: oooh!

Morgan: i'm actually so excited

Hayley: aren't you forgetting something?

Morgan: no.. what?

Hayley: i don't want to ruin your mood. i'll tell you later

Morgan: for real? you can't do thattt. my mood will already be ruined if you don't tell me what you were going to say. i can't live in suspense!

Hayley: drama queen. it's nothing important, i promise. i'll tell you later. have fun!

I decide to leave the conversation there as I wait for Romeo to come out of the store. He walks out soon after, holding a bag; he then placed it on my lap as he gets in the car. "Let's go", he says as we start the journey to the mystery location.

Eventually, after many songs and random conversations, we make it to our destination. He drives through the rows of cars, parking amongst them, getting out of the car. "Come on", he takes my hand, helping me out of the truck.

"Oh my god", I look at the huge screen. "I've always wanted to go to an outdoor cinema. I've never been before", I can't keep the stupid smile off my face.

"Here", he pulls me over to the back of the truck, placing down cushions and blankets. "Do you like it? I've—I've never actually done anything like this before so I didn't know if—", he rambles.

"I love it", I peck his lips, causing him to flash me a boyish smile. "Thank you".

"The movie's gonna start soon", he helps me up onto the truck, grabbing the bag of snacks before coming to take a seat beside me. I untie Romeo's hoodie from my waist, throwing it over my head to put it on. "Is this mine?" He touches it.

"Yep", I say, nonchalantly, snuggling into his side. "What movie's playing?"

"The holiday".

"Ooh I love that movie", I reveal, excitedly. "But it's a Christmas movie, it's only October. Not that I'm complaining", I trail off.

"It was either that or a Halloween movie, and I know you hate scary movies", he mutters, rubbing my arm just as the movie starts. "Here", he takes out all of the snacks from the bag, revealing a bunch of chocolate and candy.

Approximately two hours and eighteen minutes later, the movie ends. As I begin to stand up, Romeo stops me, straightening himself so he's leaning against the back of the truck. "You okay?" I sit up next to him, entwining our hands as I sense he's nervous.

"Yeah", he leans his head on mine. "You remember that day, I was boxing at the gym and you stumbled in?"

Ha that rhymed—not the time.

"Yeah", I say, not really knowing where this is going.

"It's crazy how things went from that, to where we are now. You living with me, we have Parker, and whatever the hell is going on with us", he chuckles, slightly.

Yeah.. crazy.

"Where is this going?" I raise my eyebrow, looking up at him, smiling.

"Well, I really like you, and I'm hoping you like me back or else this is going to be real awkward", he pauses. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I lift my head from his shoulder, looking up at him. "Please say yes", he whispers, almost inaudibly.

I nod my head, slowly. "Yes".

"Really?" I nod as he pull he into him so my legs are either side of his body. He leans his face forward, attaching his lips to mine slowly, until we hear a car horn behind us.

"I think we should go", I whisper; we both burst out laughing.

"Yeah", he whispers back as we both clear the back of the truck and get in, starting out journey back.

well. this was actually so weird to write. ehh

updated authors note:
well. ive definitely written weirder in this book lmao.
almost forgot to update again but here you go, to my two readers :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 3.7K 44
" He raised his large hand as I squinted my eyes preparing myself for the sting that will wash across my face. But it never came, my face still feels...
135K 3.1K 31
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
147K 5K 48
Update started 9/9/23KD. Vincenzo Rossi is the most feared Mafia Lord ever to walk the planet, but he's also the King of Alphas in the supernatural w...