Shiver Me Timbers [Harry Hook...

By SarahSolo05

Falling in love with a pirate was the easy part. Happily ever after? That was just the beginning. (You are th... More

The Celebration
Remembering
Another Chance
Complications
Meet Harry
First Iteration
First Iteration (Part 2)
The One and Only
An Unlikely Friendship
The Confession
The Mistake
Parlay?
The Kiss
Distractions
Unexpected Visits
The Promise
What If?
Frustration and Denial
Wondering
Second Iteration
Second Iteration (Part 2)
Unforeseen Interference
The Royal Chat
The Interviews
The Interviews (Part 2)
Puzzle Pieces
Rotten to the Core
Proof
Processing...
Unsubstantiated Assumptions
Non Compos Mentis
The Test
Emotionally Involved
Painfully Uninvolved
Evident Annoyance
Short-lived Excitement
Third Iteration
Third Iteration (Part 2)
Quick Escape
Reunited
The Clock Tower
Close Calls & Curses
Desperation and Hesitation
Confrontations and Explanations
The Control Room
Royally Screwed
The Celebration (Part 2)
Sequel?
Sequel!

The Carpet Ride

1.1K 49 81
By SarahSolo05

Carpet rides seem to be a motif for character development/realization...

Your POV

I got up early, excited for what we had planned for today. Even with all the mostly-negative experiences that the Isle reminded me of, I couldn't help but count the minutes till I could go back. There's something about that place that draws me to it.

I heard a knock at the door. Harry stood at the other end with a wide grin upon seeing me. Seeing him smile is a nice change - much better than the emotionless statue he's been these past couple of days. He wasn't wearing his usual pirate coat and ripped shirt, instead he suited an outfit typical of an Auradon royal.

[I imagine it sort of like Prince Eric's outfit, or this one Prince Charming wears in OUAT...without the blood lol]

"Wow (y/n), you look stunning," I smiled in response as he walked in. "Are you ready for today?"

"I think so - but I should be asking you that! Remember the last time you rode on the carpet?"

"Please, that's nothing compared to what Lydia put me through - I'll be okay."

Uma opened her eyes slowly. "Are you guys leaving already?" She yawned.

"The earlier, the better. Plus, fewer people will realize we're gone than if we went in the afternoon." Carpet was already floating beside me.

"Go ahead then, Johnny will probably be over later, and I'll tell him you guys left." She sat up sleepily. "One last thing. Please try and make it quick - the chances of Lydia being on the Isle are far higher than her being here, and with Coy in the picture as well... just don't dilly dally. We're safer together, the four of us."

"We'll be careful, and trust me, I don't think we have any intention of being on that dump any longer than necessary," Harry walked to the edge of her bed. "You guys take care as well, we'll be back before you know it." It seems like as much as I want to go to the Isle, Harry wants nothing to do with it.

I opened the door to the balcony and hesitantly walked out. I did a quick scan of the area in all directions, but the city seemed deserted. The sky had a lingering orange-red tinge to it from sunrise, and to my dismay and relief, the Royal Guard didn't seem to be up yet. Either they're slacking off, or are really well hidden.

I motioned for Harry to come out.

"Great view." He mentioned.

"Yeah, it's really beautiful today." Carpet flew to the other side of the railings. "So just climb over and step onto the carpet."

"Cl-climb over?" Harry walked to the edge and looked down. "You say that like there isn't a chance of us missing the carpet and falling to our deaths."

I shook my head. "Harry, you're not going to miss the carpet, and if you did, he'd catch you. See, just do what I do." I put one leg over the railing and had to jump a bit to get over. "Plus, you're taller so it's even easier for you."

He suddenly broke into a smile, with a slight catch to it.

"What?" I asked in response.

"This isn't the first time you're doing this, is it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I avoided the question.

"Sneaking out - you do this a lot, don't you princess?"

He's not going to let this go, is he? "Fine, you got me. Yes, I've snuck out - once or twice. Well, quite a bit more than that if I'm being honest."

He was proud. "You're not as "goody-two-shoes" as you seem (y/n)."

"Of course not - but you already knew that. Why else did I fall for you and not some prince with a severe lack of personality?"

He carefully put one leg over the bar and onto the carpet, and then held my hand as he got the other one over. "Thanks. So, where did you go when you snuck out?"

"I think the better question is where didn't I go. Early mornings or late evenings, when everyone had to be in bed, I would explore Auradon. It was the perfect escape - time when I could be alone. Just me and nature - and, of course, Carpet. It was actually on one of my morning drives that I first met Uma at Mermaid Lagoon."

"That sounds amazing. The Isle is so drab compared to this." We were going along the edge of Auradon closer to the water rather than cutting through the city - with the clouds guarding us, it would be near impossible for anyone to see us. "No matter how much I tried to explore the island and find a glimpse of anything inspiring - a patch of flowers, a coconut tree, green blades of grass - there was nothing. The entire place is rotting, absolutely dead. I guess we aren't deserving of happiness, right?"

"Harry, I'm so sorry - I still can't imagine why anyone would expel people to live in such a place, no matter what they did."

"No (y/n), the villains had it coming for them. They did horrible things, and they should live with the consequences. I just wish us VKs didn't get dragged along with them."

"I need to ask. I noticed you're dressing sort of different - I mean, you traded in your pirate coat for a princely renaissance shirt - with puffy sleeves! Not that it isn't dashing - but is there a reason for it?"

"I, uh, wanted to be better for you. Even if I can't change my lineage, the least I can do is dress like the prince you deserve to be with."

"Harry, I didn't fall in love with you with the hope that you'd turn into some snooty Auradon prince! I fell in love with Harry Hook, and that includes every part of you. You being the son of Captain Hook isn't a flaw - it's something to be proud of. You don't need to do the wrong things your father did, but he still helped raise you - and he did a spectacular job if my word counts for anything." I took his hand. "I fell in love with a pirate, and I love that I did."

"It doesn't bother you the slightest - me being associated with scum? All those villains on the Isle like Lydia are horrible! And what's worse is, I was one of them, once upon a time. When you walk the halls of Auradon Prep beside me, don't you think people will talk - whisper that you're with the son of a villain?"

"Harry, when have we ever bothered about what others think? Our founding principle was the knowledge that others would pass judgement on our relationship, but we chose to ignore them. We can't live caring about what people believe we should be doing - it's our happiness. It's our story. As far as we should be concerned, they're side characters - tiny nuances that we shouldn't be working to please. Why did I repeatedly not listen to what Mal initially said about you? I wanted to realize for myself who you were - if I agreed with her that first day, and you never gave me that tour of the Isle, where would we be today?" I smiled reassuringly. "And you are definitely not scum. Don't ever think that."

His eyes shined in the sun, tears forming just at the corners. "I love you, you know that right?"

"Really? I've had my doubts." He frowned. "I'm just kidding Harry! Of course I know that." I pulled him into a warm, tight hug.

"Thanks for not giving up on me." He managed to say, while still keeping it together.

"I can't believe you're thanking me, you know there's no reality in which I would ever give up on you." I ran my fingers through his hair. "You don't need to say anything more. I...I understand."

We pulled apart as the Isle came into sight. The air was eerily foggy, and everything smelt like rain.

"We should get off here and walk the rest of the way, we'll blend in better." Harry decided.

The lockdown evidently meant nothing to those on the Isle, the alleys and dark roads were unaffected - filled with people going about their day as if nothing was different. A (y/a) year old girl running loose with dark magic must be nothing for these guys - Auradon sees Lydia as a villain, the Isle probably views her as nothing more than an amateur.

We got off the carpet at a road I actually recognized - the one where I had been kidnapped.

Harry looked at me. "You've got my back, right?"

"Of course," I feel like I either seriously underestimate my magic, or everyone else greatly overestimates it - regardless, I have it, and I am mostly faithful it'll work if I need it. "And you've got mine?"

"Always."

"Then let's do this."

The next part is pretty action-packed and crucial to the storyline - so stay tuned!!

Have a great day everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 1.2K 15
❝𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶... 𝘳𝘶𝘯, ❞ 𝘐𝘕 𝘞𝘏𝘐𝘊𝘏 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘊𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘢 𝘙�...
122K 2.4K 22
Before Kol died as Kaleb, he and Davina had gotten together and gotten pregnant. Now Davina has to find a way to bring back not only the love of her...
42.8K 858 36
After years after his mother's death, things have took a great turn. He was diagnosed with a dormant quirk that only takes a miracle to awaken. Later...
1.6K 89 19
Bets are dangerous, and could lead to a horrible outcome or good. Said by Taehyun. Kang Taehyun, the most popular rich perfect guy in the entire worl...