Chasing Dylan

By Itshannahxx

Dylan Gold was only six years old when her mother died. Soon after, her father remarried a woman that despise... More

Lead Characters
Chasing Dylan
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Epilogue
Book 2
Forever Chasing

Chapter Thirty Eight

4.9K 229 49
By Itshannahxx

"What time do you wake up in the morning? I want us to have breakfast together." My grandmother said.

"Uhh.." I trailed, looking over to my father, not knowing what to say. My grandparents didn't know that I wasn't living here, and I didn't want to lie to them.

"I'll tell the chef 9 am, if that works for the two of you." My father said, his body tense.

"That's fine Steven, that work for you, Dylan?" She asked.

"Yes, 9 is fine."

"Alright, I'll see you in the morning. Let me go rescue your poor boyfriend from Richard."

"Goodnight Grandma, and thank you." I smiled.

"Dyl, can we talk for a minute?" My father asked, once my grandmother was out of ear range.

"Sure." I mumbled as he led me into his office.

I sat down across from him, annoyed that I'd done this so many times before.

"I know we have some things we need to discuss, but I was hoping we could do that when your grandparents are gone."

I groaned. "C'mon Dad, you said you would tell me about mom's family if I came to dinner, I'm here, I came, so what is the problem."

"You're right, and I will tell you everything you want to know, but I can't do that now with my parents here. They don't even know that you've been living elsewhere, and I don't want them to. Which is why I need you to do me a huge favor."

I already knew what was coming, and I didn't like it.

"And what favor would that be, Dad?"

"Stay home until they leave, after that, you can make your decision on whether you want to come back home." He said.

"You gave me no choice, I'm not going to stop seeing Callum, so the decision is yours. I can't stay in this house unless you accept my boyfriend, I'm sorry. I won't say anything to Grandma or Grandpa, I think you should be the one to tell them." I said, standing up.
"I'll be back in the morning before they wake up for the breakfast, but they aren't stupid Dad, this charade won't last long."

He sat back in his chair, defeated. "Bring Callum with you tomorrow morning, I would like to talk with him alone."

I nodded. "Okay, I'll tell him." I was glad that we were finally getting somewhere.

"See you tomorrow." He said.

"Bye, Dad." I replied, leaving his office.

When I walked into the living room, I found Callum sitting on the sofa, playing a game on his phone.

"Ready to go?" He asked, standing up.

"Yes, thank you for waiting." I smiled, interlocking our hands as we walked out.

"Always." He responded, kissing the top of my head.

Callum drove me back to Amy's house, which would be without Amy for the rest of the week. She had gone to her older sisters house in New York for Thanksgiving break, and wasn't due back until school started up again. The staff was still here, but other than that, I was alone. I told Callum about tomorrow's plans, and he agreed to go back to the house with me and talk to my father. He told me how my grandfather grilled him for twenty plus minutes about his future and his intentions regarding me. Apparently my grandfather wasn't giving his blessing until he was sure that Callum was worthy of his granddaughter. I was shocked by conversation, because neither one of my grandparents ever showed me any interest. I'd see them maybe once or twice a year and only ever exchange pleasantries, I didn't know them as people, and they didn't know me.

Just as I was about to change for bed, my phone began to ring. I looked at it and saw that it was my cousin Nessa.

"Hey Nessa, what's up?" I said.

"Oh my God Dylan, I didn't even mean to call you." She giggled.

"Let me guess, you're drunk?"

She laughed hysterically. "And high, little cousin. Ugh, I wish you were here to turn up with the family, a lot of people wanna meet you."

I smiled. "I wish I was there too, I want to meet everyone as well."

I could hear commotion in the background, and someone asking Vanessa who she was on the phone with.

"Who is this?" A familiar voice said on the phone.

"Hey Marcus, it's Dylan."

"Ohh what's up cuz, how was your Thanksgiving?"

"It was okay, ate a lot of food, how about you?"

"It was lit!" He laughed. "We're still turning up right now, you should come out."

"I'm sorry, I can't. I have to be up early tomorrow, but soon, I promise."

"You better, the fam is waiting on you!"

Before I could even respond, he hung up the phone.

I've been stalling for weeks now to meet my mom's side of the family, and I didn't know why. Anytime Nessa invited me over, I'd find an excuse on why I couldn't come. The thought of meeting a bunch a people that are related to me whom I didn't know made me physically sick. My hope was that once I learned why my mom stopped talking to them I would eventually find the courage to finally meet them. Depending on the situation, I would either get to know them or live as I have my whole life and have zero contact with them. I felt a sense of loyalty to my mother which is probably one of the reasons why I haven't met them yet. On the other hand, they hadn't done anything to me, and they are my blood relatives.

-

"Want me to walk you to his office?" I asked.

"Don't worry about me, I know the way." Callum said, kissing my cheek.

"Alright, good luck." I smiled as he walked away.

I went upstairs to pack some of my books that I'd left behind in my bedroom. When I walked in, I was greeted to everything that was once on my dresser, scattered on the floor.

Groaning, I bent down and started to pick my things up. This was either Eliza or her daughter, both petty, both psycho.

Walking over to my closet, I packed some dresses and a pair of vans in my bag with my books before heading downstairs to the dining room. I walked in to see my father's chef placing a platter of Belguim waffles on the table. He only ever had chef Todd around when we had guest, so I expected him to be here as long as my grandparents were here.

"Good morning."

"Good morning Dylan, everything is just about done, I'll be finished setting up in a minute." He said.

"Take your time, I'm not even sure if my grandmother is awake yet."

"You spoke too soon darling." My grandmother said, waltzing into the dining room.

Todd brought the rest of the breakfast out and my grandma and I sat down, ate, and made small talk. I could tell that something was on her mind by the way she was talking.

"Okay Dylan, let me just cut to the chase." She said out of nowhere.

"Okay.." I trailed.

"Besides Thanksgiving, there is another why your grandfather and I are in town."

"Oh? Why is that?" I questioned.

"Well, I'm not sure if you know this, but I am one of the founders of the Black Women in Society Organzation, and we have an annual debutante ball for the young women in the organization. This year's debutante ball is in 2 weeks, and I would like you to come out."

"Come out?" I asked, look at her like she was crazy.

"Come out as a lady of society, you are apart of a very influential family in the black community, and you should take advantage of that. It would mean the world to me if you would do this." She said, grabbing my hand from across the table.

I scratched the back of my head, internally cringing.

"Uh Grandma, I'm not really sure abo-"

"Stop, don't answer right now. Give me your answer on Sunday. Please give it some thought before you decide. This could be a great opportunity for you."

I let out a sigh and nodded. "Okay, I'll let you know on Sunday."

"Great!" She said, standing up. "I'm going to check on your grandfather, but we'll talk later, okay?"

"Okay Grandma, have a nice day." I smiled.

"You too, darling." She said, leaving.

There was still a table full of breakfast food, so I started piling food on my plate.

"Hey, save some for me." Callum said from behind me.

"How was your talk with my dad?" I asked, once he sat down.

"Informative, interesting, intriguing." He grinned.

"What? Can't think of any more "I" words?" I laughed. "Really though, how was it? What did you guys talk about?"

"Don't worry about it beautiful, we agreed that the conversation would stay between the two of us." He said, biting into a piece of bacon.

"Oh really?" I said, crossing my arms.

"Yes really." He pecked my lips. "I think it's time you moved back home."

****

I'm very sorry for the late update, but I just started school again and have been focused on that. I'm officially a college senior!! I'm not sure how frequently I'll be updating, but I'm going to try my hardest to put out a chapter a week, more if I can. Please bear with me. The story is over it's halfway mark, but there's still a ways to go, I hope you guys stick it out with me.

-Hannah ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 3.1K 56
[WATTYS 2021 SHORTLIST] After suffering a heartbreak caused by no explanation, DYLAN MILLER does everything she can to forget about HUNTER GRAYSON...
975K 31K 25
"Chill," I said "You're behaving like you've never gotten a blowjob before." He blushed even deeper if than was possible. "Wait, you've seriously nev...
4K 342 50
"Please, come back to me." "I never left." *** Clara Carter, the troublemaker of A...
1.2M 27.8K 64
Abuse. Whether it comes from a parent or a significant other is an issue that has brought many into being manipulated, ruined, or even shattered into...