The Interview

By NessieOrduno

An Interview that destroys Veronica's relationship with Jughead. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8/ Epilogue
Juggiehat

Chapter 7

1.1K 40 23
By NessieOrduno

A/N: This chapter is purely dedicated to Varchie. Also a reminder that the next chapter is the last one. 

Chapter 7

Veronica stood there in disbelief, watching him walk out of that door without even turning back. It took her a few moments to finally sink back into reality and feeling like her world was once again falling apart. The man she loves is in love with somebody else, when she thought he'd come crawling back to her; He was really starting a new life with her, giving her everything that Veronica always dreamed of and it didn't even take longer than three months while she worked for it for six years and still ended up with nothing. She felt like crying some more but the more she thought about it the more she felt like laughing, laughing at the thought of how ridiculous everything turned out.

It hurt, of course it hurt but something about him coming here and telling her the news, gave her some type of closure and that sense to finally be able to move on and for the first time in months she feels like she can finally breathe and though she didn't want to admit it, he was right. He wasn't her soulmate, and she wasn't his so it was time to come to terms with it. So she simply walked into her bedroom and changed out of her dress and into something more comfortable since all she wanted was to eat ice cream and watch horror movies, something to match the way her life was. So with one final look in the mirror, she nodded her head in satisfaction giving herself a small smile before she walked away, grabbing her purse and walking out of her apartment to head down to the market since she knew she didn't have much in her fridge.

She walked under the moonlit sky with a small smile on her face, swinging her purse back and forth as she took in a breath of fresh air feeling relieved.

Veronica didn't live far from the local supermarket so it wasn't a surprise to get there as quickly as she did, walking towards the entrance with a smile still attached on her lips when suddenly she stopped in her tracks when she heard sobbing. Veronica quickly took a few steps back and noticed a little girl with pigtails crying over by a bush that was near the supermarket and without a single doubt in her mind, Veronica rushed over to her with worry. "Hey sweetheart, are you okay?" She asked, crouching down so she could be at the same level as the little girl.

"I-I lost my pawents" The little girl replied through sobs, not caring to wipe away the tears from her face. Veronica's heart clenched at the words she just heard "it's okay, I'll help you find them Okay? But do you think you can tell me what they look like? And what their names are?" Veronica then asked. Looking at the little girl as she tried to calm down.

"My mommy's name is Katy, and she has hair like mine and yours" She replies. Veronica nodding her head in understanding, thinking she needed to find a woman with dark hair. "And my daddy has red hair, his name is awchie" And with those final words, Veronica felt her heart drop in agony. Letting out a shaky breath as she came to terms with the fact that she was going to face one of the twins, thankfully it wasn't the one she wanted to murder but still it didn't really matter to her since her life fell apart from the moment they got to town. She shook her head and put her hatred aside since this little girl needed her help, and wasn't at fault for what her aunt did. "Okay, well the good news is that I know what your daddy looks like so I think we'll be able to find them pretty quickly" Veronica then says, making the cute little girl smile over at her. "Now, I need you to tell me where you guys were when you got lost" Veronica then asks hoping the little girl remembered.

Sighing in relief when the little girl pointed over towards the ice cream shop. Veronica quickly stood up, grabbing the little girl's hand who she's yet to ask the name of, "By the way, what's your name?"

"Bella" She replies. And with that Veronica walked over towards the ice cream shop when suddenly she heard someone calling after the little girl.

"Bell, sweetheart. Thank god" She heard him say, making Veronica still as she watched him walk over to them in a hurry, quickly grabbing his daughter and pulling her in for a hug, an action that made Veronica smile and her heart swell. "Daddy, you're squishing me," Bella said in a funny voice that almost made Veronica laugh. "I'm sorry baby, i'm just so happy to see you again" He replies in a breathless tone pulling away from the hug but holding onto her little hand. Then suddenly he turned his attention over to the raven haired woman who helped his daughter who so happened to be the same woman, his sister helped destroy.

"Uhm, thank you. I appreciate you helping her" Archie then says in a nervous like tone as he scratched the back of his neck with his free hand.

Veronica simply gave him a tight smile and nodded her head and began walking away when suddenly she saw him run after he with Bella in hand, making her stop and waited for what he needed "Listen, I know that I'm probably one of last people you'd like to see after what my sister and Jug did to you but uh I really want to show you how appreciative I am for helping my daughter" He says to her.

"You don't have to do that, I was only trying to help." Veronica replied, wanting to fight off the butterflies she was feeling in the pit of her stomach, mentally cursing herself and not wanting to be attracted to him, anyone but him, she thought. "I insist please" He then says with a sparkle in his eyes as she stared into hers, feeling her knees almost going weak at the way he was looking at her, when suddenly it dawned on her. The little girl said she lost her parents, not just her dad, so Veronica took a step back and hardened her expression "What about your girlfriend?" she then asks, raising an eyebrow up and crossing her arms across her chest sending him a glare.

"If you're referring to Katy, Bella's mother then I would like to clarify that we aren't together. She's just in town since it's my weekend to have Bella and since I can't see her without her mother's supervision then she kind of has to be here, just until the weekend is over" Archie replies in a sad tone, making Veronica soften her expression and loosening up her crossed arms.

"I know that my sister caused you a lot of harm but I don't think I should pay for her mistakes and besides, your ex-boyfriend was the one in the relationship not her. I was just trying to be nice. " He says, turning around and began to walk away from her with his daughter in tow. Veronica let out a huff and felt like the biggest bitch in the world, he was right, his sister may have been the reason why Jughead left her but that didn't mean that her brother was the same, she knew he was different from the moment she met him and now she may have pushed him away for thinking that he was planning on cheating on his girlfriend with her, when in fact he was single.

She continued to stare after him when suddenly she mustered up the courage and quickly walked after him, trying her best to catch up to him but when she saw that he was about to get to his car, she called out his name loud enough to make him turn around "ARCHIE!" She yelled. Smiling when she saw him turn around to look over at her with furrowed eyebrows. His daughter is currently sucking on her thumb.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound like a bitch. It's just that ever since Jughead left me for your....." She began but paused, not wanting to insult him in any way and that included his sister.

"I know Veronica, I know. I don't agree with the way they started out but he did tell me and he had ended things with you before pursuing my sister and he also admitted that he should have handled things differently and she says the same thing, but I don't think I have anything to apologize for, I mean I didn't do anything to you and I really was just trying to-" He says but then she stops him,

"No Archie, you're right. You don't and I really am sorry for the way I acted a few moments ago but please try to see yourself in my shoes. "She begins, making Archie look at her with a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry, I know I'm being unreasonable and that it must be hard for you to stand here and have a conversation with me" he replies to her.

"I'm not going to deny that it isn't because it is but I know that the more we see each other the more I will get use to it, I know you're a good guy Archie and I would hate to miss the opportunity to become friends with someone like you" She replies. "So what are you saying?" He then asks, his eyes wandering down to his daughter then back over at Veronica as he waits for her answer, Veronica gives him another smile only this time her smile is much more genuine. "What I'm saying is that I would love for you to take me out, of course if that's still on the table" She replies with a small chuckle.

Archie chuckles back and nods his head, "of course it is" He replies "Pick you up tomorrow at 7?" He asks her.

"Looking forward to it" She says to him, extending her hand out "Now hand me your phone so I can put my number in" She then says, and without second guessing he does what he was asked, taking his phone out of his pocket and handing it over to her, watching her as she puts her contact information into his phone. 'See you tomorrow" She simply says before walking back towards the supermarket where she originally intended to go before everything else happened, a smile on her lips and for the first time in months she was genuinely excited for something that had nothing to do with Jughead.

"Did you hear that, daddy gets to take that beautiful woman out" Archie says in pure joy, picking up his beautiful daughter and going towards his car. Loving the way this night ended. 

A/N: There you have it, the beginning of Archie and Veronica. This chapter kind of sucks I know I'm sorry but I'm hoping the next one makes up for it. Also, what did you guys think about Archie's baby mama being Katy? I kind of like them together. 

Anyways, brace yourselves because the next chapter we have a whole lot of Bughead.

15 Votes and 10 Comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.2K 3K 36
๐ˆ ๐‰๐”๐’๐“ ๐–๐€๐๐“ ๐“๐Ž ๐๐„ ๐…๐”๐‚๐Š๐ˆ๐๐† ๐‡๐€๐๐๐˜ - ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜...
113K 1.6K 44
all things riverdale.
100K 1.5K 35
[Finished] #35 in bughead 09-06-2019 #21 in Cole sprouse 09-09-2019 "I love you..." "I hate you too." โ™กBughead fanfictionโ™ก
31.5K 258 51
A few years after Betty and Jughead broke up and left for college, the high school sweethearts and all of the friends are invited to their high schoo...