Fake love ✔

Da laix_x

[completed] Morgan Rivero is the leader of the most powerful mafia in the country. Romeo Mazzaro, also known... Altro

authors note
intro
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
Alternative ending
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2

XXIII

4.2K 85 35
Da laix_x

Chapter twenty three

•Morgan•

I sit up in bed—after an hour of contemplating why I'm awake at this early time of 8am—grabbing my phone to call Hayley. "Hello?" She chirps.

"Hey", I say. "I kissed him".

"You what?!" She exclaims.

"Ow, my ears", I whine.

"Sorry", she says, sheepishly. "Anyway, when was this?"

"Yesterday", I lie, knowing she'll get mad if I tell her it was two days ago.

"Liar".

"Fine, it was two days ago but, in my defence, I was really busy", I say, quickly.

"Busy huh?" I can practically see her wiggling her eyebrows.

"Not like that", I groan. "We kissed, that's all. Just wanted to tell you that, gotta go, bye!" I hang up on her, checking my social media apps.

Not long after, my bedroom door opens and Max walks in, sitting next to me. "Hello".

"Hi", I put my phone down. "I didn't know you stayed", he nods, slowly.

"Yeah. Megan was asleep and I didn't want to wake her. Plus, we can go to Brooke's party together", he shrugs.

"Oh yeah, Brooke's party is today—", I get cut off by Romeo entering the room.

"What are you doing in here?" He looks at Max.

"We were just talking", he puts his arms up in surrender. "Relax", he gets up, leaving the room. Romeo walks over to the bed, flopping down beside me on his stomach, putting an arm around my leg.

"Hi", he stares up at me, adorably.

"Hey", I rub my hand through his hair. "Do you think Brooke will like the gifts I got her?"

"I think she'll love them", his face moves on my leg as he talks. "Or not", he shrugs.

"Hey", I whine.

"I'm kidding. She's four, she'll love anything with a unicorn on it or something she can play with", he turns his head to the other side. "I gotta go go now. I need to go take care of some people at work", he stands up abruptly. "Bye", he pecks my lips before leaving.

"Is he gone?" Max runs back into my room from down the hall.

"Yeah", I chuckle at him, patting the seat next to me.

"So Morgan", he retakes his seat beside me. "How's life?"

"Well Max", I nod in his direction. "Life's pretty good, thanks. How's yours?"

"Life's been going well lately", he chirps happily. "Anyway, I should go get dressed", he leaves the room after waving me goodbye.

Once he leaves, I decide to get ready too. I jump in the shower, waiting for it to get hot before jumping in. The warm water feels amazing since the weather has been really cold lately. I mean, what would you expect in October. That reminds me, Halloween is soon, followed by my birthday, and then Christmas.

After spending a while under the warm water, I finish showering, getting out to get dressed. I grab a spare towel to wipe the mirror so I can see myself. As I finish clearing it, I hear my phone buzz from outside the door.

Hayley: hey. i forgot to ask since you RUDELY hung up on me, did you get a chance to talk to jacob?

Morgan: oh right, i forgot. why don't you just take his number and go from there? :)

Hayley: alright fine.

I send her his number, quickly getting back to getting ready. I walk over to my closet, picking out a red, buttoned shirt and black jeans.

Of course, I don't get ready right away because, who ever does? But after a while of scrolling through my phone, I eventually get up and change.

I then walk back into the bathroom to fix my hair and brush my teeth. I apply a small amount of makeup—concealer, mascara—because honestly, I really don't like wearing makeup. One, it's so much work, and two, it's just an extra step for the morning and in the evening. Plus, quite frankly, I don't care if I look like trash; unless it's a special occasion, of course.

"Morgan?" I hear a knock at the door.

"Yeah? Come in", I walk out of the bathroom just as Megan enters with some clothes in her hand.

"Hey, sorry to um—bother you", she starts.

"You're not bothering me", I assure her. "What do you need?"

"My idiot of a brother packed me clothes to wear for today and this is what he chose", she walks over to my bed, placing the clothes down. "A teal donut shirt and white, baggy jeans. Please tell me you have nicer clothes that I could fit into", she turns to me.

"I could find try and find some", I begin to walk over to my closet. "Give me a second", I look through the clothes before remembering that I have some clothes in a bag, that still fit me, but barely. "Wait. Try these", I pull out a pair of grey jeans, handing them to her. "I have a bunch of jeans and sweatpants that barely fit me so I put them in a bag, but I didn't know what to do with them. You can have them if you want. If they fit you, of course".

"Thanks", she smiles at me.

"And, you could maybe wear this", I go back to my closet, picking out a white shirt that ties up at the bottom. "It comes up to here on me", I point to the part just below my chest. "But it will probably come to a bit lower on you. Go try them on and see if you like them", I gesture to my bathroom.

"Do you like it?" She asks as she walks out.

"I think it looks great", I stand from my seat on the bed.

"Thank you, again, for helping", she says.

"Honestly, it's no problem. If you need anything else just come and ask me, alright?" She nods, leaving the room. "Maximus!" I jog down the hall until I see a room with Max in it.

"Not my name!" He calls back.

"I don't care", I sit next to him on the edge of his bed. "So, you really have no fashion sense", I deadpan.

"I don't know what f—fourteen? Fifteen year old girls wear", he shrugs.

"You don't even know her age", I chuckle.

"Hey! Do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah", I drawl.

"Do you know how old they are?" He questions.

"Seventeen and... twelve? Yeah, twelve", I say.

"Wait so, if you have siblings, that means you have a family. So why were you out by yourself that day when we saw you, and why did you need a place to stay?" He asks.

Shit.

"Story for another time", I pat him on the back. "I'm starving, I'm gonna go get some food", I stand up, making my way down to the kitchen.

✯✯✯✯

As the day went by, I was doing small things around the house as I waited for Romeo to come back. Max, Parker and Megan were watching a series on Netflix in the living room. I managed to wrap all of the gifts I had got Brooke, and put them in a bag. There are a bunch of outfits and a few toys; I kind of got carried away while I was shopping for the clothes..

I can't wait to have a child.

"Hey", Romeo says, walking into the kitchen. "What are you doing?" He picks up the cloth from my hand.

"I was cleaning", I say in a 'duh' tone.

"Why? I have people to do that", he grabs a bottle of water, leaning against the counter opposite, facing me.

"I told them to go home", I shrug. "I got bored", I interrupt before he can ask 'why'. "How was your day?"

"Boring", he sighs. "I assume yours was too", he gestures to the cloth on the counter.

"Kind of", I chuckle, slightly. "What time are we going to the party?"

"It starts at two", he checks his phone. "In two hours, but we can get there anytime. We can leave after I shower and get ready, if you want to".

"Yeah, okay", I nod, picking the cloth back up and walking over to the sink, standing beside him.

"I'll be as quick as I can", he kisses my head before leaving the room.

"So", Megan drawls as she walks into the kitchen, taking a seat at the island. "What's going on between you and him?"

"Who, Romeo?" She nods. "Nothing", I shrug.

"Yeah right. Don't think I didn't just see him kiss your head".

"That was nothing", I mutter, turning around to face her.

"Have you kissed?" She asks, excitedly.

"Maybe once", I pause. "Or twice", I add.

"I'm already planning your wedding", she squeals.

Little does she know...

"No, trust me, we're not getting married", I shake my head, frantically.

"Not yet", she walks out of the room, quickly.

Around ten minutes later, I finish cleaning just as Romeo walks into the kitchen. He's wearing a white shirt and jeans, with black sneakers. "You ready?"

"Mhm", I nod, following him out of the room.

"Come on, we're leaving now", he says to Max, Megan and Parker. Max is wearing a blue, plaid shirt with jeans, and Parker is wearing a red, plaid shirt, open, with a white T-shirt underneath and black jeans. I grab the bag of gifts, taking them out to the car.

As we walk out to the garage, I nudge Parker. "You know we're practically wearing the same thing", he looks down at my red shirt and black jeans, then back to his red, plaid shirt and black jeans.

"Oh yeah", he chuckles, opening the door of the Jeep. I make my way over to the passenger side, jumping in as quick as I can.

"Hey", Max shines. "That's my seat".

"You snooze you lose", I shrug. He looks past me, over at Romeo.

"Don't look at me", he puts the key in the ignition. "Now get in before we leave without you", Max huffs, taking a seat behind me, next to Megan. I reach my hand out, turning the radio on.

We spend the whole ride debating whether the cereal goes first, or the milk, eventually coming to the conclusion that if you put the milk first, you are a psychopath.. Max's words, not mine. "No but I mean, okay, if you're just getting a refill of cereal then that's acceptable, but starting off the whole meal with milk, no".

"Dude", Romeo turns in his seat as we park in his parents driveway. "Shut the fuck up", he turns back around, getting out of the car.

"Rude", Max mutters as we all jump out, walking to the front door. Rafael opens the door, greeting us before letting us all in.

"Where's the birthday girl?" I ask him, holding up the bag of gifts.

"You really didn't have to get her anything. Trust me, she's been spoiled enough by my parents", he chuckles. "But thank you. She's outside, asleep on the bouncy house", he rolls his eyes, laughing. "Everyone's outside. I'll take this to the table", he takes the bag from my hand.

"Okay, thanks", I make my way outside to see Romeo and Max talking to Diana, and Megan and Parker on two sun loungers by the pool. I spot the princess castle bouncy house beside the pool with a small figure laying inside. "Hey", I walk over to where Romeo's standing.

"Morgan!" Diana exclaims, pulling me into a hug. "It's so lovely to see you again". She says as she pulls away from the hug.

"Gee mom, you don't get this excited when you see me", Romeo jokes.

"Hush", she waves a hand at him. "It's nice to have another girl around", I chuckle, slightly. "So, how have you been?"

had to do this in two different parts because the chapter is already very long lol

updated authors note:
sorry. i forgot to update yesterday lol

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

147K 5K 48
Update started 9/9/23KD. Vincenzo Rossi is the most feared Mafia Lord ever to walk the planet, but he's also the King of Alphas in the supernatural w...
288K 7.2K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
1.4M 37.9K 71
"Pl-please I am sorry" "I loved you more than anything, I would've given my life for you without question...but what you did to me was worse than de...
864K 32.8K 67
"Nobody is allowed between these pretty little thighs but me....and if anyone tries...𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦." ~ The leader of the most notorious...