Undercover

By ms_writer_ac

His face is leveled to mine and I can see tiny droplets of water on his face and lips as he draws closer to... More

Prologue
Clean Up
Another Day Another Misson
No Solo No More
Who Is He?
Girls Day
Residence
Assumptions
Phases
Different Minds Think Alike
Winter Formal
Blue Beetle Kisses
Wearhouse Wonders
Sleepless Thoughts
December Spirit
Merry Mishappenings
The Agent Trap
New Years
Clouded Feelings
Lockdown Pt.1
Lockdown Pt. 2
Brother
Recovery
Pineapple Pizza
Lead
Sleepy Feelings
Fake Persona
Secret Spies
Hold It Together
Inside Information
Distance
Birthday Daisies
U-nder Alleyways
N-umb
D-on't Leave
E-mbrace Me
R-eady or Not
C-omplete Me
O-ver the Past
V-iolence And Love.
E-nemies Battle
R-ed Reality
Transformed
Aftermath
Next Steps
Promotion
ForeverMore
Accepted
Undercover
Bonus: Balance

Time

2.4K 92 21
By ms_writer_ac

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LUCAS  POV
PART THREE.

BlackLight was winning, but very slowly and more people were getting hurt each hour.

I stayed calm through it all.

But I lost my calm.

I lost my calm the moment I realized Natalie wasn't in the room.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
6 hours earlier...

Jayden was with me most of this round. We helped each other, and our partners, gathering ammo, hacking, all while bombs were going off inside.

The bombs weren't causing fire, but they were specialized to blow up and cause damage. Soon, many never blew up and I knew it was Natalie's doing.

My muscles were exhausted from no sleep and constantly running around. The only thing that was getting me through was all of us meeting in the training room.

I didn't see her when we all met at 6:30. My eyes constantly looking around for her.

I see Jasmine walk past me in my peripheral.

"Hey", I say, touching her shoulder as she looks back. "Where's Natalie? Wasn't she with you today?"

She shakes her head. "We departed shortly after the explosions. Why? You haven't seen her?"

"You guys departed? Why would you do that?"

She sighs. " We had to, there were agents that needed us and we wouldn't cover much together."

I nervously run my hand through my hair. "I don't see her anywhere. She's not here."

Jasmine shared a look of worry. "I'm sure she's fine. All of us are alive if one of us were dead we would get alerted."

She tried to reassure me but it doesn't work.

"Lucas, if I find her I'll contact you, okay? Promise."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
9:00pm

We were in our fourth round as Jayden runs to me. "We have news. Laura, one of our agents had to be escorted out she got wounded badly. Thankfully it was before we sealed all exits. Other news, Joshua contacted us."

"What'd he say?"

"It was literally 4 seconds. He said they've been blowing up our hallways as a way to get to our technology and that he will be with us soon."

I nod. "Ask Raven to keep an eye on his chip. " I grab him by the arm. "Natalie still isn't here-"

Gabriel runs up to me.

"I have word of Natalie. Laura was with her. Apparently Natalie saved her life. They both got stuck in a crash and she risked her life to save Laura-"

"Risked her life?"

"She's okay, though. I believe she got shot in the arm but no one has seen her or is sure."

My heart sinks immediately.

"Lucas?", Jayden snaps me into reality.

I nod. "Okay I need to go find her-"

"Wait. You can't go, that area has been closed off we can try radioing her."

My tone becomes angry. "Don't you think I've tried that? No answer. I'm going over there whether anyone wants to come with or not."

I barge out the door, only making it  when the ground shakes and a bunch of debris fall near me.

"Holy shit!"

I step back in time before a huge because of concrete hits my feet, my entrance blocked my debris.

Jayden and Gabriel come running.

"Lucas! You okay?"

"What was that?", I ask.

Jayden runs around. "They just blew up the hallway connecting to our training equipments. They won't find anything but we need to go in lockdown immediately. They exploded too many that debris can fall anytime."

Jayden looks at us dead in the eye. "We are now initiating Protocol C."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Saturday
11:45pm

Jasmine, Gabriel and I were now partners. We enter the rooms hidden by the blueprints, taping the walls with bulletproof tape so that this room can't be destructed.

Plan C was our final step in our plan. All of us were going to go silent. So silent that H.E.X.A would have to come to us and that's when we would finish off this mission.

After the last bit of tape was on, all of us sank to the wall, resting our muscles.

I sigh in relief, downing a cold bottle of water.

No signal.
No radio.
Complete silence.

12:45am.

Gabriel was fast asleep as Jasmine and I stayed up, both our thoughts on our significant others though neither of us had a significant title to it.

Jasmine fiddles with her jacket. "Luc, do you think Joshua's coming? Its been almost two days."

"He will, he's my cousin. And he likes you a lot."

She looks up at me. "He told you?"

"No, but I grew up with him, his goofy smile says it all."

That eases her a little, a small smile forming on her face.

"Natalie is fine. I know she is, shot or not. She's crazy strong and bold minded."

"Of course she is. But I'm still worried, I told her we would see each other next round and we haven't. She's my baby no matter what and I don't even know where she is right now."

"Baby? Finally stopped acting blind, huh?"

I furrow my brows. "What that supposed to mean?"

She laughs. "I mean, you two would be longing for each other and your work would get in the way. We all know you two are endgame."

"She's always been my baby. Mi amor, mi vida. " I swallow. "I'm trying not to worry-"

Footsteps outside the door stop me, as both of us look at each other.

We slowly take our loaded guns, shifting so the door is in front of us.

The steps stop at our room, the smooth granite door blocking us from seeing anything.

Both of us take both sides of the door as the knob turns.

Our door is locked, no one has the key except me and Jayden-

The door opens and both of us aim at the figure in the dark.

Hands go up in surrender. "Woah woah, it's Joshua. "

"Joshua? Is that you?"

"Jasmine? Oh my god."

The pair embrace in a tight hug.

"Im so glad you're okay. You took forever", Jasmines muffled voice says.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't escape away Carina was down my neck. I missed you so much, Jaz."

Their personal moment tugs at my heart.

Natalie.

Joshua comes to me with an embrace.

"I need Jasmines help. I know you two are under lockdown but I need her to help me wire the tracker I put in Carina. We can get her easily then."

Jasmine looks at me for permission and I wanted to tell her to stay here, but I ignored it.

"Okay, take her. And be safe I can't contact you now."

The pair nods and leaves me with a sleeping Gabriel.

I sit down, hands messaging my temples.

I can't sit here and do nothing I need to find her.

Suddenly, my brain clicks together forming another plan.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sunday
2:00am

Jasmine and Joshua enter our room, after telling them my plan.

"Where's Carina?", I ask them.

"The tracker says she's in the NorthEast wing. She's started to send a troop near us so our plan is working", Joshua answers.

"Send the call in now", I say.

"You sure?"

I sigh. "Yes. That's the only way we will get her to us."

"Let's wait another hour, trust me."

3:30am

H.E.X.A was bending to our plan, troops entering our corridors but none of us made a move yet.

Jasmine walks in quickly, out of breath.

Both of us run to her.

"You okay? What happened?"

"I- I found Natalie. The North Wing is bad off, debris everywhere but she found one of our hidden bunkers and is staying there. I can take you there if you-"

I don't hesitate for a second. "Yes."

She nods. "We need to be really careful. They set up traps into the debris so if we step our location will be discovered."

"Joshua, call her in 30 minutes sharp."

He nods.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
It takes us 10 ten minutes to reach her, treading with caution over the mountains of debris fallen.

The windows emitted a lighter dark blue, indicating the bridge between night and dawn.

We enter our secret corridors, as Jasmine takes a left near a hallway of same looking doors.

"She's in the one to the left. I need to go help Joshua, you'll be okay right?"

"Yes. Does she need any medical supplies?"

"I already gave her some. Go quick."

She hugs me and leaves as I walk near the door.

The quick heartbeat was all over my body as I inched closer to the door.

I haven't seen her in 20 hours.

I open the door slowly, making no noise and take a step in.

I hear a gun cock in a small distance.

"Natalie?", I whisper.

"Lucas?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The next chapter is important and is basically the major scene :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 414 33
the person you think of when you stand in front of the ocean. that's the person you are in love with. ************** Crystal nights. Crystal tea...
1.2M 52.7K 45
I gasp when he crush me tightly into his arms, he was breathing heavily against my neck like he ran a big marathon. he started kissing my expose shou...
246K 8.5K 35
" I want to kiss you." His eyes widen as you got away a little, but still close enough. You kept staring at him as he was doing the same. Too stunne...
15.1K 1.1K 34
"What's wrong with you?" I asked, finally tired with his annoying stares. "What's your deal with Lucas?" He asked back, gritting his teeth. Geez what...