Chasing Gold

Por goldenlittlething

Everest Green was determined to go through her four years of college unnoticed by steering clear of any kind... Más

intro + aesthetics
01| greek gods
02| to keg or not to keg
03| to keg
04| the aftermath
05| trouble
06| one night stands
07| ulterior motives
08| don't push your luck
09| i have standards
10| macy kingsley
11| starry skies
12| emily cohen
13| are you ready for it?
14| baby let the games begin
15| tip of the iceberg
16| broken record
17| this is me
18| scars
19| conversations in the dark
20| daylight
21| redemption
22| call it what you want
23| read all about it
24| burning bridges
25| easily replaced
26| bury me, i dare you
27| look what you made me do
28| your time is up
29| tokyo bound
30| take you home
32| elle était un pardonneur
33| not the land of the free
34| loving you is a loosing game
35| teach me how to love you
36| uneasy
37| hope
38| it was just a dream
39| those nights
40| your safe place
41| i'll be there
42| fallen angel
43| old friend
44| little black dress
45| tied to you
46| a big fucking lie
47| peace
48| it's because of you

31| black and white

3.8K 126 22
Por goldenlittlething

We still do and always will. A beautiful wooden sign stood a few feet from the steps of the old white church of our little town. Just above where the words were written, a garland of white roses was hanging. I grabbed the end of my yellow dress as I walked up the steps of the church. The path to the altar was decorated with white rose petals and at the end sat the huge arc covered in white rose petals as well.

My charming and handsome Grandpa was standing next to the pastor as he patiently waited for Grandma to walk out. He flashed me a smile before I took a quick detour to the back of the church where Grandma, Aunt Claire, and the bridesmaids were getting finished with the final touch-ups.

"Are we ready to go?" I ask as I walk into the room. Grandma turned around and I smiled widely. She looked beautiful in that wedding dress. Grandma wanted to use the same dress she used the day she married Grandpa but of course, it didn't fit her, she was a lot more different back in the days. "Everyone is already here."

As a gift, Aunt Claire and I came up with the idea of making her a new dress using the same fabric as her old one. We turned something old, into something beautiful and new. It was a little on the pricier side, but no amount of money could match the happiness I was seeing in my Grandma's eyes.

"We are, we just need to put the finishing touch." Aunt Claire said as she put the white veil on Grandma. "Now we're ready, you look beautiful mom."

Grandma smiles. "Thank you, dear, I hope your dad thinks so too."

"What are you talking about?" I give her a look. "You may look a few decades older, but you're still the same woman that stole his heart fifty-one years ago, not because of your looks but because of your kindness and beautiful heart."

"I did, didn't I?" Grandma says as she takes a look in the mirror. "I'm ready to fall in love all over again. Just like I did the first time I saw your grandfather. You should've seen him back then, he looked just like your father."

"I bet he did, dad had to get his handsome genes from somewhere, besides you of course," I add.

Grandma chuckles. "I wish your dad were here to see this, when we started this journey fifty years ago, I didn't think I would be here the day when we would hit this milestone."

I hug grandma from behind. "He's here, front row. And I bet he has the biggest smile on his face too." We all got into our positions and I met with Sèbastien, last night Grandma insisted that he accompanied me down the aisle. I was going to go solo on this one, but Grandma didn't leave Sèbastien alone until he accepted.

After we left the cemetery yesterday, Sèbastien suggested that we drove around or went to grab a bite so I could clear my head before we arrived at the house. I took him to all of my favorite places here in Scottsdale and we also grabbed a bite in one of my favorite places too. I did get to clear my head, how couldn't I? Sèbastien made sure of it by making me laugh countless times until my stomach hurt.

Even though I barely know Sèbastien (aside from what I had the chance to learn in this trip so far) I loved the way he was around me. He has been nothing but supportive, understanding, and the sweetest guy in the few days I've spent with him. How could I not want him around?

When we arrived at the house, we stayed in the car for a good twenty minutes. He asked if we were ever going to get out of the car and I joked that we would eventually. I must admit that I was a little nervous about my family meeting Sèbastien but it turns out that I had nothing to worry about in the first place. Everyone loved him, even Grandpa Willy. And that says a lot. I haven't seen him be the way he was with Sèbastien last night since Kingston.

"You look breathtaking in this fine Saturday morning, Ms. Green." Sèbastien compliments and I smile.

"You look rather dashing as well Mr. Kiermaier," I reply.

Everyone was walking down the aisle, one by one until it was our turn. We walked out and everyone's eyes were on us while they waited for the beautiful bride to walk out. I scanned the room for the one person I was dreading to see and he was nowhere to be found. I felt like I could finally breathe, I spotted his parents in the second row. They offered a smile and I politely smiled back.

Once Sèbastien and I reached the end of the aisle, we separated and turned our gaze to grandma, she was sixty-eight and didn't look a day over forty. Everybody stood up when she began to walk down the aisle with Aunt Claire by her side. She was happy, but deep down I knew that she felt like something was missing. Just like I did. My parents.

Tears were streaming down my grandpa's cheeks as he saw grandma get closer to him. He kissed grandma's hand when Aunt Claire gave her away and they both turned to face the pastor to start the ceremony.

"Dear beloved, we are gathered here in this beautiful Saturday morning in the sight of God, in the presence of family and friends we celebrate love, the love that once joined William Green and Antonella Martinez in Holy Matrimony." The pastor pauses.

"God, you have created us all in the image of Love, the image of Yourself. Bless now these two who once again stand before you. Guide them in your wisdom, shine your light upon them, that as they continue their journey through this life together, they will walk as bearers of your Truth." Grandpa and Grandma smile.

I glance at Sèbastien but he was too focused on what the pastor was saying that he barely noticed me look. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

"William and Antonella come here today desiring to be once again united in this sacred relationship. Please join hands as you each now repeat your marriage vows." The pastor says and my grandparents each take out a piece of paper where they both had their vows written.

Grandma was going first. Her eyes were welling up yet she still had the biggest smile plastered across her face. "My dear William, as we stand here today my heart is overflowing with immense joy and the love that after all these years I still have for you. Since the moment you walked into my life you completely changed it, you turned my dark days into ones filled with love and never-ending happiness. You are to this day the most handsome man I could've ever encountered in my lifetime, however, your soul is even more beautiful than what meets one's eye."

By now rivers were falling down the cheeks of both of my grandparents. "I've told you this on many occasions but as we stand here today I say it again. I never understood marriage until I met you. It only took a simple glance for me to know that you were the man I was going to marry someday. Fortunate falls short to describe how I actually feel that God gave me the chance to walk through this life together."

Grandma pauses. "The journey that leads us here today wasn't an easy one, you have been an amazing father. Together we raised two beautiful children and even though we today miss the presence of one, I know that wherever he is, he's looking down on us and he's proud of the strength you showed to carry Claire, our little girl Ev, and I through this life without him and our beautiful Amèlie. Today, just like I did fifty years ago, I pledge my love to you, William. May my heart continue to be your shelter, and my arms continue to be your home until the day death parts us."

Grandma's beautiful words were making everyone tear up, even I couldn't help it. "My dearest Antonella, you are kind, thoughtful and most importantly, you have the biggest heart. Standing here, I can't help but feel proud of the woman you have grown to be. With every day that passes I'm more sure that because of you I'm a better man. The way you love me is unlike anything I have ever known, you see me for who I truly am, even with all of my imperfections you take me every single day as I am."

Grandpa pauses. "You gave me the greatest gift life could offer, a family. We raised two amazing children through adversity and wonderful times. Seeing what Claire and Elijah grew up to be, I know like I've always known, how fortunate I was to not turn my back on the beautiful young woman who sat on a bench that Monday evening. I feel blessed beyond words that we had the chance to find each other."

"Today and forever, I open my heart to you as a sanctuary of warmth and peace, wherein the hard times you can find love and strength. Through heartache, I stand by you, and through the joy, I celebrate with you. Beau Taplin once said: "Home is not where you are from, it is where you belong. Some of us travel the world to find it. Others, find it in a person." My heart is filled with joy to know that I found my home in you, even if death one day parts us, know that I will always come home to you."

"May the Lord bless these rings which you give to each other as your sign of love, devotion, and everlasting peace." The pastor says as grandma and grandpa exchange rings. "Those whom God has joined together, let no one put asunder. May the peace and the unconditional love of God surround you and remain with you now and forevermore. Amen."

"You may seal your vows with a kiss." The pastor smiles and my grandparents seal their vows with a kiss. "Allow me to present in this beautiful morning once again Mr. and Mrs. Green."

The crowd like the bridal party erupted in claps and cheers. Grandma and Grandpa exit the altar and walk down the aisle with a big smile. I didn't know what life had in store for me, but if I were to have one kind of love, I would love for it to be one like theirs. They've been through so much together yet they still look at each other like the first day they met.

I don't think most people understand what true love is. It's not the fancy dinner dates, the Instagram posts for other people's approval, or the many nights you spend laughing at a movie with a glass of wine in hand. It's through heartache I stand by you, and through the joy, I celebrate with you. True love is walking through blazing fire together and coming out together stronger than before because you lean on one another. It's eight simple words, I will stand by you, no matter what.

After we all walked out of the church, before heading to the reception, all of the bridal party headed over to a little lake to take the wedding pictures. It was magical, the scenery was so beautiful those pictures were going to turn out wonderfully. I even had a little photoshoot session of my own with Sèbastien as my photographer and biggest cheerleader.

We spent almost over two hours taking pictures and we would've spent a lot more time than that but Grandma was getting grumpy because her stomach was growling. The reception was just as beautiful as the church. It was an outdoor concept but that didn't take away from the fact that it was perfect. String lights were hanging from the trees, the tables were decorated with garlands and white roses and the dance floor was the highlight of the reception.

Also, let's not forget about the food. Back at BGU, I was missing out on all of the Columbian cuisines, so you could guess how excited I was to get a taste of my favorite Columbian plates. Sèbastien fell in love with the food too. He told me that when we went back to BGU I had to make him a few Columbian plates but if he only knew that I wasn't half as good of a cook as he was, he wouldn't be making that request. I still had a long way to go before I could ever be on his level.

I was grabbing a glass of champagne for Sèbastien and I when a familiar face walked up to me. "Everest honey, it's so good to see you." Eleanor, Kingston's mom smiles.

I politely smile. "Eleanor, it's so good to see you too. I feel like it's been way too long since the last time I saw you."

"It has, almost four years." She replies. "Every time you come into town, I always seem to miss you. How's college? Your grandma has told me that you've been doing so good this season."

"It's going great, I'm only a year from graduating," I reply. "And yes, I'm doing much better than I have been in the previous years. I had a little help though."

"I'm so happy to hear that," Eleanor smiles. "We're all so proud of you here back home even Kingston is, you're truly an inspiration for all of the girls here. My students talk about you almost every single day on how brave you are for fighting for those girls."

We were doing good so far, why did she have to bring him into the conversation? "Thank you, it means so much that so many of you guys see it that way. Those girls deserve justice and their truth to be acknowledged, I'm just happy that I can contribute at least a little grain of sand to pave the way for things to be different. We all deserve to be heard and believed."

Sèbastien must've noticed I was getting a little uncomfortable because he came to my rescue. "Pardon me, I don't mean to interrupt, but I was hoping I could steal this one for a dance."

Eleanor nods. "You're not interrupting young man, please do."

"It was great getting a chance to talk with you Eleanor, I will see you around." I smile.

"I'll see you then honey, I love seeing you happy with that beautiful smile again. Take care." Eleanor replies and I walk off to the dance floor with Sèbastien.

"Thank you for coming to my rescue," I say as Sèbastien and I begin to dance while You Make It Easy started to play. It was one of my all-time favorite country songs.

Sèbastien had his right hand placed on my lower back and my left arm was wrapped around his lifted arm, I placed my other hand around his strong biceps. Soon after we started to smoothly move along with the music.

"No problem," Sèbastien replies. "You had it written all over your face, I knew I had to come to your rescue."

I chuckle. "Was it that obvious?"

"Just a little bit, what could that poor lady ever be putting you through?" Sèbastien asks. Oh brother, if he only knew.

"Let's sum it up by saying that she's my ex-boyfriend's mom," I say and Sèbastien gives me a look making me laugh. "So, how are you liking this little town so far? Did my family scar you for life?"

Sèbastien twirls me around and pulls me a little closer to him. "I actually love it here, more than I could ever have imagined. And I don't know why you hold your family to such low standards, they are lovely, inundate with the questions, but lovely."

"I'm glad you love it here," I reply. "And I did warn you about those questions."

"You did, for a moment there I thought you were setting me up to fail with your pointers. They did turn out to be a little helpful in the end." My jaw drops and Sèbastien laughs.

"Are you suggesting that the pointers I gave you were for you to self-sabotage?" I ask giving Sèbastien a look. "I would never Kiermaier, I wonder why you think so low of me."

"Well, you are friends with Peyton." Sèbastien replies and I couldn't help but laugh.

Sèbastien and I continued to dance to the song until we got interrupted. "May I steal her for just once dance?"

My eyes widened and my heart instantly sunk.

Kingston.

ps. ev's wedding dress 💛

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

310K 9.1K 43
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION Everest is the most popular boy in school. He's handsome, wealthy, and captain of the football team-he has the world at his fin...
2.6M 58.2K 34
Berkley and Dean had been best friends since they were in diapers. They were so close they could finish each other's sentences and had never spent mo...
64.3K 2.4K 78
When college student Brandy Bright's charming, but toxic best friend, Benji, asks her to move in with him, she has to decide if making a move on her...
2.6M 89.5K 45
**Highest Ranking : #1 in Chicklit** [ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY ] Mabel Carter traveled half way across the country to attend college and get away...