The Adventures of Glow

By fuselier123

Victoria Kent always wanted to be a reporter for the Sparks Newspaper Company and she gets the chance to live... More

Life awaits
Who is she?
Telling Maya and Britney
Glow
The Moth
The Assignment
Ms. Galaxy
The Long Weekend
AlgoMan
Superhero Feel's
King Tut
Its getting hot in here
The game
Her Krytonite
Blabber Mouths
Party Weekend Pt. 1
Party Weekend Pt. 2
Bock Bock Bitch
Taylor
Cheetah
Summer Break
Bahama Mama
Where do you go?
The Crab and Penguin
Stuck Together
Ectoman
Mutual Answers
First Date
Fourth of July
The Million Dollar Man
Kara Zor-El
The Agreement
The Slaker/Athas
The Reporter and The Superhero
Stargirl
Stuck at Home
Batwoman
Killer Pumpkin
A poched Turkey
Frost
Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Christmas Ball
Christmas Eve
Happy Holidays from the Kents
Starlight City Fires
Dark Arrival
Dark World
Bright Earth
Victoria is Glow!
Broken Hearted

The Unicorn

2 0 0
By fuselier123

It's been 3 months since Victoria moved and began work at Sparks. And ever since Glow started making an appearance she would try to make excuses for being late.

Being A Superhero can sometimes have its drawbacks especially when it comes to someone trying to shoot you and all they can do is run from you since always been bulletproof here!

Thugs try to run but they always seem to beg when you are holding their arm across There backs.

Victoria always seemed to focus on the positive and look no further since she is the daughter of Clark Kent.

She headed into the elevator with several Starbucks pipping hot coffees.
Penelope sure loved Starbucks. The doors opened and she walked right into the meeting. Late again. Thanks to the Starfish Man and his little minions. She could try to erase the memories of his slimly hands. Only good side of being a hero, the criminals are locked up in prison.

The meeting ended and Victoria cleared up the area. The trash can had been moved some ways so she grabbed them all for a second and turned around when she heard a voice. Disaster happened all in one as Chris slammed right into Victoria without her and coffee spilled onto her clothes.

Penelope sat in her desk smirking.

"I am so sorry Victoria. I didn't see you there" Chris said as he held her hand to get up from the tile floor.

Victoria looked at her shirt and ran to the bathroom in a rush. The suit could be seen under her White shirt. Never doing that again. She dried the shirt in the bathrooms dryer and cleaned her fake glasses.

She almost jumped out of her skin as she walked out of the bathroom. He stood right outside the women's restroom to apologize again.

Penelope called them inside her office.
The fair would be in town this weekend and the Mayor would be in town. Sparks Newspaper needed to get the scoop on the entire fair. She wanted them both in on it , no questions really asked.

It wasn't a good idea. Even if he is cute, Chris sometimes can be the lazy type and make things in the workplace harder. He's early for work and all.
Victoria wanted badly to have another partner but Penelope stated what was going to happen.

"The mayors speech will end around 7. What are we supposed to do?" Victoria asked their boss. The clock showed 2pm, only a few hours from now.

"Enjoy the festival for a while. Just make sure to get plenty of photos and information written for Monday" She stated "go home y'all clearly need to get changed" she looked towards the coffee stains on Victoria shirt.

Victoria went home to the apartment to change into something comfortable for the festival. Her friends called in to check on her. She told them about the situation tonight and they gave her the 'he is cute' look and the 'he's single' look through the Skype app.

She ignored that part of the conversation and headed downtown to meet Chris near the festival. Her outfit was cute. Skinny blue jeans by forever 21, halter top and black heel boots.

The festival beamed with high energy music and the familiar smells from childhood. It was a beautiful place but more time for work. She waited near the crowd where the Mayor would be speaking in about ten minutes.

Then she felt someone tap her shoulder and it was Chris Calvin dressed in a sort of athletic wear shirt and pants and Nike sneakers. His hair combed to the side. He looked like one of those Victoria secret models.

So dang hot!

"Someone managed to get that coffee smell off" he joked before the Mayor began to speak in front of the crowd.

Sometimes he made her so mad.

Then all of a sudden the mayor stopped his speech and turned around. They looked up towards the sky. Large unicorn Air like balloon circled the area and getting very close.
Victoria could see heat radiation from the balloon and then someone threw down smoke bombs. This wasn't good.

Sorry Chris but I have to go, Victoria walked away into a small tent.

Glow appeared in the sky just as the giant unicorn balloon wrecked most of the Festival. The Mayor and everyone else ran for cover before the smoke bombs gotten really bad.

Where was Victoria in all of this? he thought.

Glow faced off another psychopath. Her name The Toy Collector, evil person who thinks she can only have fun and no one else. The unicorn balloon might be a step up from last time. anyways Glow grabbed Dolly, her actual name, and threw her against one of the tents.
"Stop this now!!!" Glow told Dolly holding her down.

Dolly smacked Glow across every part of the tent and began breaking the games and gassing people as they ran away. Glow stood up and held her by the neck. She pleaded with her just as she managed to all of a sudden disappear.
Glow put out the rest of the smoke bombs and no sign of The Toy collector. The festival continued and the mayor did his speech.

Victoria walked up to Chris . He asked her where she was. She smiled thinking of the quick answer "the bathroom" but he just looked at her.

Chris took pics from the festival. Now they were stuck with what to do??!
Awkward silence between them and occasional staring. "You want to go on the Farris wheel?" He asked her.

She shook her head yes when should have been no. They were latched into the seats, very close to each other, the ride began to move up towards the sky. The stars light up the night sky. Everything looked so small from up here. She knew how that felt from experience. He kept looking at her. Why was he staring at here? Did she have something on her face? Victoria looked back at him and then noticed where both there hands were resting. On each others like almost holding hands. He noticed and they quickly pulled away.

The Farris Wheel stopped for a few minutes.

"Again sorry about the coffee" he said.

"No it's fine" Victoria reassured him.

"we might as well talk about something. we are going to be here a while" Chris jokingly said.

"Ok" She looked his way.

"So why are you at Sparks. I mean I have never seen you around in Starlight but you somehow remind me of someone " he asked Victoria a simple question.
"I am not from here. Came here to work at Sparks Newspaper because it has always been my dream job after college to be a reporter.... and you probably know my parents Mr and Mrs Kent" Victoria mentioned.

"Your parents are Lois Lane and Clark Kent!!! That is so cool!" Chris surprised at the shock of news.

"So what about you" She asked as the ride began to move once more.

"I am from here. My parents are both doctors. I wanted another career from them. I just hope Penelope gives me the chance to be one..I've been working here three years. Maybe this new superhero will be my new break!" he sighed and the ride stopped.

They walked around the festival eating cotton candy and talking about there lives.

"So Glow what's so great about her?" Victoria wondered what he thought of her alter ego since he always wanted to do the story on her.

He ate some more blue cotton candy and said " She's just so cool and interesting. Just think she is living a regular life and no one knows who she is. What I can see from the time that I have met her, she's kind and considerate. I wonder who she is under that mask because Glow In my book is beautiful"

Victoria smiled at his comments. If only he knew it was actually her and she did kind of liked him back.

But this wasn't the time to get involved especially with two busy jobs.
Victoria looked at the cute unicorn stuffed animal hanging as a prize at one of those carnival games.
"I'll get it for you" Chris paying for the chance the win the prize. He didn't have to do it but wanted to.

He missed the first balloon with the needle. She could hit the balloon each time, very easy game. The second one he missed. He's wasting his time.

Victoria smiled at him "You don't have to do this"

He throws the last dart perfectly into the wall and balloon exploded. she couldn't believe it as he gave her the cute blue unicorn "thanks" is all she says. He smiles back at him.

Victoria looks at her watch for the time. It's around 10 getting kind of late. " I should go its getting late"

"Let me walk you home" Chris says before they cross the street. She only lived five blocks from the festival.

"We can work the newspaper this weekend over email if you want" Chris suggested the interesting idea.

Victoria thought it was a good idea and agreed to do it. She noticed her steps to her apartment building right in front. "Well here I am" she pointed towards the building. She buzzed in.

"Hey Victoria I had a great time. Maybe someday we can do it again" he said with a smile on his face.

"Yeah maybe" Victoria smiled at him and he waved goodbye before leaving.

Did that just happen?! Even if it would it couldn't. They could be just friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 83 13
Her name is Thaddeus Allen. The central city in 2066 there's problem that can destroy the future and to save the future Thaddeus Allen must go back...
960K 25.9K 32
MoS | BvS 1st place in the 2017 DC Watty Award! From a very young age, trouble has always seemed to follow Rose Montgomery. When she finally moves to...
14.7K 338 14
An ordinary woman in her twenties, Victoria Evans lived in Starling City in a crappy apartment, had a steady job and lived her life like any other no...
2.3K 379 18
Rule Number One: Don't talk about my past. Rule Number Two: Don't reveal my powers. Rule Number Three: Don't stand out. Blend in. In a world where sp...