wrong one//g.d

Da vi-writes

"i couldnt've forced myself to love you, gray-" "well im forcing myself to love you now, aren't i?" ~ y/n, be... Altro

author's note :)
a e s t h e t i c s
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w en t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
f o r t y - t w o
f o r t y - t h r e e
f o r t y - f o u r
f o r t y - f i v e
f or t y - s i x
f o r t y - s e v e n
f o r t y - e i g h t
f o r t y - n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y - o n e
f i f t y - t w o
f i f t y - t h r e e
f i f t y - f o u r
f i f t y - f i v e
f i f t y - s i x
f i f t y - s e v e n
f i f t y - e i g h t
f i f t y - n i n e
s i x t y
s i x t y - o n e
s i x t y - t w o
s i x t y - t h r e e
s i x t y - f o u r
s i x t y - f i v e
s i x t y - s i x
e p i l o g u e
author's note :')
a/n - july 2021

e i g h t e e n

2K 35 21
Da vi-writes

AN// hihihi okay so don't ask why theyre dancing to a sad song okay it was just perfect and i had to. but if you don't know it- it's the 1 by taylor swift and it's literally perfect for this story and so yeah (: go listen to it if you'd like, its my favourite song from the whole album xx

(y/n pov)

The look on his face, when you walked down the aisle? His hands crossed and held together in front of him, the little smile on his lips as his eyes lit up a little. His eyes landed on the necklace around your neck, the one he'd gotten you, and the corners of his mouth lifted further.

You stood in front of him, bouquet at hand as the priest spoke some more, words you weren't entirely paying attention to. "You look beautiful." You gave him a small smile as you lifted a hand to push some hair back that was getting in your eyes.

Your eyes landed on his tie-- terribly tied and let out a little laugh, shaking your head as you almost reached up to fix it. You felt happy for a moment then. Just standing there in front of him. With him. Though that all faded away when the time came to exchange vows.

Grayson went first, pulling out a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket. You smiled as you watched him began to read. His was so well thought out and it made you want to puke, thinking over how genric yours was about to be. He began with a little sigh. 

"Y/N. Well... this is our special day, isn't it? So, I have some special words for my special person." You smiled a little. "We're both still learning so much about each other and I promise you that I will put all 110% of me into learning about you-- in all the ways I haven't yet. And since I'm one hell of a dude-- like come on, just take a look at me." You laughed, a hand coming up to cover your mouth for a moment as everyone else laughed too.

"Dude," you heard E whisper from the side.

"You're looking at the body of someone who's capable of 300%. The remaining 290- no 190%- oops I wrote 290- anyway, of me commits itself to taking care of you, providing for you, and being there for you whenever you need me to. Through thick and thin, I will stand tall behind you. I'll be there to push you back up if you fall backwards and help you back up if you fall forward. Unless you're falling for me y'know." You looked down, breaking the eye contact you had going. He continued after a little pause.

"But y/n, I can't wait to start this new chapter of our lives. I vow to you all of me from this point on. I love you."

You gave him a small smile and opened up yours, starting to read yours too. You felt his eyes on you as you read and it made you a little self-conscious. You'd never really been this close in proximity of Grayson before. This close and not hugging, that is. This close with him staring right at you.

"Oh, well... uh- I'm grateful to be with you, Grayson. I don't think I can beat what you said; it was really nice." He gave you a smile and squeezed your hand a little. "I love you too, Gray, and I'm happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with you." You looked away for a moment, mind drifting off as you watched Elle place a flower petal in Ethan's hair. 

Gray squeezed your hand and you looked back quickly, staring at your paper. "Like you said, I'll also try my best to learn how to love you in every way we haven't yet. I know that I have you to rely on so thank you for that. And you can rely on me too if you need someone. Yeah, I love you, Gray."

He squeezed the hand of yours one last time that he was holding and when you looked up? As much as you hated yourself for it? You saw E. He looked so much like E, it hurt.

Your ring bearer came forward with the rings now, one of Grayson's younger cousins. Gray gave him a grin as he picked up your ring first, ready to slide it on your finger.

You let out a little sigh as he slipped it on, looking up at you with his eyes as he did so. It was your turn next and you did it with shaking hands. This was it. You were marrying Grayson Dolan.

You really never thought that the first time you'd kiss the man you would marry would actually be on your wedding day either. It never even occurred to you that you would be kissing Gray on your wedding day. For the first time, that is.

But it happens. And the feeling you got afterward? When he gave you that little smile while everyone clapped in the background? It was fucking terrible. Because all you could think about was how he looked so much like E and that made you want to cry.

His hand splayed across the small o your back as he leaned in pressed his lips to yours softly. You let out a sigh as your lips met, your fingers grasping his suit before he let go. You let your eyes shut again and pulled away completely, thinking of Ethan as you let him go.

---

He wrapped his arms around your waist, yours around his neck as he began to rock side to side, you doing the same. You and Gray had danced together before. He'd stolen a dance from you at prom, at E's wedding-- and a few times in between.

But this one? Your first dance as a married couple? This one was so awkward.

You could barely keep your eyes up, keeping them trailed on his tie until he pulled you closer, your chin against his shoulder. His hands were pressed against your back, yours playing softly with the hair at the nape of his neck-- the hair he'd let grow out.

I guess you never know, never know

And if you wanted me, you really should've showed

You made eye contact with Lisa, sitting in her chair and gave her a little smile, and Gray turned, causing you to have to look away. He pulled you away from him again, the distance between you forcing you to look up at him. He gave you a smile and you smiled back, as best as you could.

This wasn't fun at all.

But we were something, don't you think so?

Roaring twenties, tossing pennies in the pool

"You doin' okay?" he whispered softly, as people watched. You nodded, forehead against his chest. "We can end it earl--"

"No, that's okay," you whispered. Just because you didn't want to, didn't mean you were going to ruin Gray's wedding. Any more than you already had.

"Okay," he whispered, squeezing your waist. You smiled, hunching to the side a little, feeling tickled. Familiar.

But it would've been fun

If you would've been the one

The chorus ended and other people began to join you on the dance floor, couples dancing alongside you and Gray. You kept your eyes on his shoulder as you danced slowly, his breath hitting your ear. "Your hair smells nice," he whispered.

"Thank you."

Your eyes drifted off and wandered around the dance floor, your friends dancing with their significant others, your cousins, Gray's cousins, parents, aunts, uncles--

Ethan and E/W.

You watched them, over Gray's shoulder. They looked so happy, Ethan laughing softly at whatever his wife was saying, all the while, their baby at his hip.

And if my wishes came true

It would've been you

You watched as he put Elle down for a moment, telling her something as he wrapped his arms around e/w completely. Only for the baby to tug at his pants, one arm up. He laughed, picking her back up as you watched, still in Gray's arms.

"You good?" your husband asked. You quickly looked up at him and he looked behind him. "Oh."

I persist and resist the temptation to ask you

If one thing had been different

Would everything be different today?

"Sorry," you whispered with a smile. "Elle's just really cute." Gray looked away from you, nodding slowly. His Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed.

"Yeah."

We were something, don't you think so?

Rosé flowing with your chosen family

Your eyes wandered back to them again. He had one arm around e/w, the other holding Elle, dancing with e/w, her arms around his neck while Elle giggled, head against her father's cheek.

And it would've been sweet

If it could've been me

The song ended eventually and Gray gave you a small smile as you pulled away from each other. He kissed you on the head and you walked off the dance floor together, you walking ahead of him as he held the train of your dress.

You got seated and the rest of the night? Was a blur. The only part you were truly excited for was the cake-- something you were excited to eat.

"Time for cake," Gray said, taking your hand as you both stood. Lisa rushed over as it was rolled to you, Ethan laughing as he did so. You looked up at Gray confused.

"Why's he--"

"I think something happened when you went to go--" But Grayson cut Lisa off with a boisterous laugh as you stared down at it together.

"Oh no," you sighed, a smile on your face. This may just be the highlight of your day.

"I messed it up," he laughed, dabbing his eyes.

And so he did. There it was, right there in the icing. Your names printed in the icing.

y/n & grayson bolan

You laughed harder as Ethan handed you the knife, a ribbon curled around it. Your hands shook as you looked up at Grayson. "She must've gotten confused."

"Oh god, you shouldn't have let me write it," he mumbled as his hand wrapped around yours to cut the cake together. You shook your head as people clapped and you sliced the cake, not one bit bothered that the cake was messed up.

It was kind of cute actually.

"Ah," Gray said, holding a piece to your mouth. You laughed, opening it as he fed you a piece of cake, you doing the same soon after. You smiled, shaking your head. "Sorry, I messed that up.

You shook your head, wiping the corner of his mouth with your finger to get the icing off as he swallowed. "I love it regardless, don't worry." 

You only stepped foot on the dance floor again when Elle came waddling to you, taking your hand. "Where're we going, honey?" she giggled and you scooped her up.

"Daddy?" she asked. You smiled and looked around for Ethan or e/w, neither of them insight. With a glance at his niece, Gray stepped away from his uncle to join you. "Hi!" she giggled at him. You smiled and passed her over.

"Hey, peanut, how's it going?" She wrapped her arms around his neck and he chuckled. You fixed the collar of his shirt and you went to sit back down. "Not coming down?" Gray asked you. You shrugged.

"No, no, you go find them," you said with a smile, sitting. Elle frowned, her arm out. "You go find daddy, sweetie, I'll st--" She started to whine, a frown on her face until you stood. Grayson chuckled as you joined them in search of Ethan.

"Daddy?" Her voice was so squeaky and high-pitched, you loved it.

You could already see her looking more and more like e/w, her hair texturing out the same way, her complexion. But her eyes were identical to E's.

"Oh, there's mama," Gray said, walking over to e/w, who was shaking a bottle of milk in her hand. Her eyebrows raised as she smiled wide, reaching over for her daughter.

"Hi!" Elle giggled as Grayson passed her over. "Where'd you go? Mama was looking for you!"

"Y/NN," the baby explained. You smiled and tilted your head as e/w placed the bottle to her lips, her little hands grabbing at it as she drank.

"She waddled off as I turned to mix the formula in," e/w said with a sigh, holding the baby to her properly. You shook your head as Grayson turned to someone to talk with. "Wanna go for a walk, bride?" You smiled and she held the train of your dress up as you walked off the dance floor.

"Y/NN?" Elle asked. You smiled. "Y/NN?"

"Yeah?"

"How was your day?" e/w asked. You smiled, shrugging. "Everything go okay?"

"Yeah-- it was, really nice," you whispered. She smiled. "Everything went as planned." She nodded.

"Gray was really excited," she whispered. "When I wasn't with you this morning, I was with him-- man doesn't know how to tie a tie?" You smiled.

"He refuses to youtube it," you said. She laughed. You played with your fingers, your head starting to hurt a bit.

"Are you happy?" she asked. "With Gray-- to go with Gray-- you're flying out soon, yeah?" You nodded. Elle fumbled against her.

"In a few hours."

"You get going, get changed and stuff, me and E've got this." You nodded slowly. "You don't-- you don't still like Ethan, do you?" she asked. You shook your head quickly.

"No, no of course not," you said with a smile and a little nervous laugh. "It's been so long, I'm good now," you said quickly. E/W nodded.

"Okay," she said with a smile. "Because that wouldn't be fair to Gray." You watched as she set Elle down, taking her hand as you walked back into the reception hall.

"Right."

*****

AN// also a very special thank you to my friend for helping me with the vows because i hate writing vows and so he stepped in and yeah- did them :) so even though he probaaabbllyyy wont read this, thanks broski :)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

108K 1.6K 22
"I can't stop thinking about her." "Who?" "I don't even know her name." "The struggle is real bro." "Shut up." "Ha!" "I'm not kidding, shut the hell...
624K 7.9K 145
Imagines of the twins
848 8 11
Living with the Dolan twins is definitely a journey. !SMUT WARNING! ©Copyright 2019. All rights reserved. This material may not be copied, reproduced...
120K 2.9K 28
___________ "Woah, who are they?" "Some people who'll never like us." ___________ @graysonic 2016