Lab Rats (A Bionic Love/Frien...

MarvelWorksWonders tarafından

A girl named Katie also goes to Mission Creek High with Chase, Adam, Bree and Leo Davenport. She too encounte... Daha Fazla

Lab Rats (A Bionic Love/Friendship Story)
Important AN
Commando App
Leo's Jam
Rats on a Train
Exoskeleton vs Grandma
Bionic Birthday Fail
Death Spiral Smackdown
Can I Borrow the Helicopter?
Back from the Future
Chip Switch
Drone Alone
Night Of the Living Virus
Mission Invisible
Mission: Space

Smart and Smarter

18.6K 307 153
MarvelWorksWonders tarafından

No matter how many times I walk through these halls I will never like coming to school. It's a place full of bullies and know-it-alls. Unfortunately for me, that includes my know-it-all boyfriend. Sometimes it annoys me how smart he is. He can be a big cocky too and that doesn't look good in my eyes. But I'm not going to break up with him over something like that. That would just be stupid.

I was walking in with Bree and Adam "Oh check out what I've done to my locker!" Adam opened it up and a bunch of crap was hanging from it. It looked like what underneath my bed looked like when I was five "Tada! Here's where I keep my books, down here I keep random strands of hair I've collected to make fake mustaches." Eww. That is so gross. "And here is where I stock pile old lunches or as I like to call it: My tum tum yum yums." Wow. Just wow.

Leo walked over to us with a piece of paper in his hand "Hey Leo." Bree greeted "What's that."

"My progress report. I can't believe my science teacher says I'm always late to class."

"But you're always late to class." Adam said and I smiled.

"I know that but I don't need it publicized."

Suddenly Chase ran over to us and I smiled at him "Look at this! An A minus? I knew my home ec teacher had it out for me. Always criticising my muffins."

"Haha I beat you. I got a D plus. Plus because I'm better." I rolled my eyes at Adam.

"Adam the plus is...you know what it's just not even worth it anymore."

"D is not a good grade. But we don't really expect you to get good grades. I'm engineered to be the smartest person on the planet and I just got an A minus. I've been relegated to the huddled unwashed masses of minuses...like you!"

"Watch it Mr." I told Chase.

"Chase I know this must be hard for you but I mean look at the bright side. Seeing you fall flat on your face is really fun for us." Bree said.

I sat down next to Chase "I've got to find a way to reclaim my superiority." Oh great here we go.

"Well you could sign up for the student of the semester competition." Leo suggested.

"What's that?"

"Every semester, kids compete to see who can who can best improve the school. Whoever gets the most school votes wins free pencils, a bumper sticker and a cheesy picture of himself on the wall."

"And that cheesy picture will show everyone that my brilliance reigns supreme! I am so going to win!" Chase jumped up and I rolled my eyes. I was so not going to get involved with this. It can only go bad.

"Oh! I call your free pencils! No, wait! I want the cheesy picture! Oh gosh they both sound so good."

I feel so bad for Adam. Mr. Davenport should as a few brain cells to the few he has already. It's just a suggestion.

Chase kissed my cheek and then the bell rang. Adam and Chase looked at each other "Race ya!" and they took off.

"See you guys later." My class was only a few steps away so I wasn't worried.

The next day Chase came down the stairs handing out cards. He spotted me at the end of the stairs "Hey cutie." he said "Vote for me?"

"Who else would I vote for?"

He smiled and spotted Adam, Bree and Leo "hey!" Chase said handing Leo a card that said CHASE THE DREAM "What do you think?"

"What do I think or what's appropriate to say to your face?"

"Chase the dream?" Bree asked "Please do not give these to anyone I might want to become friends with."

I held up another card "Too late." and Bree groaned.

"I've got a whole plan, check it out. I even linked the latest facial recognition software to the school database to create a laser automated attendance system." An alarm went off and some guy name Andrew Lamb walked through. Chase's voice went through the system saying that he has been late three times in a row. If that ever did it to me, I'd rip the wiring's out and hit my boyfriend with it.

"Straight to the principals office Andy." Chase said "He'll thank me later for putting him on the right path."

"Ugh, dude your never going to win with that. Kids want fun stuff like Jacuzzis in math class and hallways paved with candy. Oh! And I think Biology would be a lot more fun if we could juggle the frogs before we dissected them!" We don't want any of that...well, I know I don't anyways.

"That's frog abuse." Leo stated.

"Fine. We'll do it after. But it's going to get messy."

Everyone walked into lunch but I held Chase back "Why do you need to be student of the semester so bad? You and I both know how your a genius. Isn't that enough?"

Chase took my hand "It's not just that. I want the whole school to know who is the smartest person amoung them. I need this." he begged.

"Fine but I'm just worried. I have a bad feel about this." I said.

Chase smiled "What could go wrong?"

With Chase still holding onto my hand, he pulled me into the lunch room. Adam was up in line and I sat down with Bree at one of the lunch tables.

Chase scanner thingy went off "Too much gravy."

"Don't tell me what to do turkey."

I watched from my seat Chase and Adam's interaction "Adam, that's my nutritional scanner insuring that everyone gets a personally balanced and nutritious lunch."

"Chase I don't think your scanners a very good idea."

"Of course it is! Who doesn't love being told how to eat properly?"

People's lunches went through the scanner and was telling them how much food was on their tray. It was really annoying "Chase you're going about this all wrong let me help."

"Look I know how to win you votes."

The next thing I knew Adam came wheeling in on a cart and shouting to vote for Chase. I smiled but saw Chase wasnn't too happy. "Adam what is going on?"

"I'm helping you win. Or should I say I'm helping you win. That last part was said into the microphone and I had to cover my ears.

"I do not need a cheesy DJ setup."

"That's why I brought an awesome DJ setup!" Adam said.

Then everyone started dancing with spoons except me and Chase. Could things get any weirder?

I walked out of the cafeteria suddenly not feeling hungry. Plus I so did not want the scanner to go over my food and judge me for what I eat.

After another class ended I caught up with Chase again and we held hands while walking back into the cafeteria where Adam was putting down one of the vending machines "Hey!" and Adam started screaming "Adam for the last time that's not a giant lunch box."

"No it's part of your new campaign for student of the semester. I, I mean you, put a vending machine in study hall."

"But those aren't even healthy foods. Is that key lime pie?" I took a closer look. Holy crap that is key lime pie. What is that doing in there?

"I don't know. Give me a buck and I'll find out."

People were coming over to the vending machine in packs "They love it."

"Of course they do. They're getting their meal from a machine. And you didn't think you needed my help. I'm totally going to win this thing for you."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're going to win this thing for me?" Chase asked.

Uh oh.

"Yeah I just said that." Adam replied "Don't you think your sudden popularity has something to do with my ideas?"

"No. I think that people are finallly realizing my campaign slogan 'Chase the dream' is about me. I'm the dream. It works on a lot of levels. Don't hurt yourself."

Oh no. Why don't people listen to me? This is going to end really bad.

"Chase." I said but he ignored me. Fine if that's how he wants to play it.

"But my strategy was ten times better. You just can't deal with the fact that I'm finally smarter at something than you are."

"Oh really? Ten times better? Did you use all your fingers and toes to count that one out?"

"Chase. Stop." Again he ignored me.

"You know what. You always treat me like an idiot but not this time I'm entering this contest and I'm taking you down."

"You wouldn't."

"Are you not listening? I just said I would!" and Adam stormed off.

"Can you believe him?"

I glared at my boyfriend "Actually I can. And apparently I was right. This is going to end badly."

And I left him standing by himself.

I hadn't talked to Chase since then. I was a little ticked off at his behavior. He called me a couple of times but I refused to pick up my phone. When I walked into school Chase was handing out cards again and asking people for their votes. All of a sudden Adam came through driving a car in the school driveway "Excuse me! Coming through. Who wants a ride on the high school party bus? Whoo Whoo!"

"Do you honestly believe that giving kids rides to class is going make them want to vote for you?"

"Who's going to class? We're just cruising the halls." Adam replied.

"Hey everyone! Wouldn't you rather walk to class when you're also putting in two percent of your daily exercise requirement?"

Adam made a face and everyone climbed into the 'Party Bus'.

"No? Okay."

"Attention party bussers. There will be no stops so if your looking for a ride to class plan your jumps accordingly."

As Adam stepped on the gas, flames came out of the back and I jumped back in surprise. Where did he even get that thing anyway?

I walked over to Chase and put a hand on his arm and Leo walked down the stairs "Well, my scientific polling which consists of all your crumpled up bits of buisness cards in the trash can shows that Adam is beating you by a comfortable margin."

"If I'm going to compete with him, I have to start thinking like a simple minded creature. One who goes through the day on basic instincts and random impulse. Like a dog or a monkey or a sea slug." Leo and Chase looked at each other and said together "Or Adam."

Once Leo was gone Chase looked at me "Are you mad at me?"

I gave him the 'are-you-serious?' look "Look I'm sorry for whatever I did-" I cut him off there.

"Chase, don't apologize to me about something you don't know why you are, okay? This whole student of the semester is bringing out a side of you that I really don't like at the moment. It seems like showing up Adam is more important than supporting him. And unless you can understand what I'm saying, I'm not going to be around you."

"Katie don't do this."

"No Chase. I've tried to stand by you through this but aparently not."

I turned around and walked away from him to go to my next class.

The next thing I saw took me over the edge. Chase was grilling cheeseburgers in the hallways asking for more votes. I wanted to to walk over to him but I was sill mad at him so I watched from the sidelines.

"Here you go. Enjoy you Cheaseburger." I rolled my eyes at his stupid play on words.

Adam walked over to him and he folded his arms "A hamburger cart? That's the best you got?"

"The only thing juicier than my burgers is what you're about to eat. Which is a big heaping pile of hot tasty defeat." Chase replied and went back to serving burgers.

"Speaking of defeat. Care for a foot rub?" Adam asked pointing to a bunch of people getting feet massages. I was so close from taking a seat but then I thought of Chase and I couldn't bare myself to do it. It would be like betrayal.

"What's that?"

"That is my two minute massage stop! Winning hearts and minds ten toes at a time." I'll admit Adam was clever at that one.

"Oh go ahead people. First come first serve."

Adam took one of Chase's hamburgers and started eating it and Chase put down his spatula "You know what? I've really had it with you." Uh oh. Some shiz was about to go down.

"Awe, what are you going to do about it?"

"You know, you really can't enjoy a burger," he said picking up the ketchup bottle "without a little ketchup on your buns." I covered my mouth when Chase squeazed the ketchup in Adam's pants.

"Ha! Jokes on you. I kinda liked it."

Later that day I walked in with Leo to find out who was going to become the nest student of the semester "This is it. The moment we've all been waiting for."

Adam gasped "They found a talking horse that fights crime?"

Really? Not even one more brain cell?

"No. It's the student of the semester results. Ms. Thistle gets to open the results because she is the oldest teacher in school."

"And frankly I can't wait for this to be over and done with!" I said. I had to put my two cents in.

Ms. Thistle took her time in opeing up the envelope but Chase was impatient for the results "Oh just give me the stupid thing!"

"Chase!"

"I mean let me help you ma'am."

Nice save genius.

Chase opened the results up and started jumping up and down reading it "Yes! Yes! I-tied with Adam?"

"Yes I half won!" Adam said lifting Chase in a hug.

"Put me down!"

Chase then started begging after the bell rang "There must be some mistake! Maybe you missed a few? Count again! Please!"

"No Chase she's not gonna make it through another count." Leo said.

It was despressing watching Chase beg like that.

"Oh I gotta go my rides here."

I walked over to Chase "Sorry you tied with Adam." That's all I could say to make him feel better, which, by the way, so didn't work.

So in the end I walked with Chase to their house and we entered the lab. Leo was going off about something Bree had done but I never fully got the whole conversation.

"I can't believe we tied. Now we each have to write and essay to determine the winner."

"Yeah," Adam said as he was doing something in his notebook "When everybody at school reads my essay I'm going to be student of the semester."

"Let me see that." Chase snatched the notebook from Adam "It's just a bunch of badly drawn rocketships."

"Yeah next page."

"A tiny headed guy with a big mouth?"

Adam chuckled "Yeah that's you. Next page."

Chase began reading off of the paper "I, Adam Davenport, should be student of the semester." he said "That's it?"

"What? It's sharp and to the point. Took me twenty five minutes."

"You know what? I'm not even worried because the winner's going to write the best essay and we all know that's me."

"You think you're so smart! Well you may be a better writer but I'm a better.." Adam stopped.

"That's right! You got nothing!"

"No I got this!" and there goes his heat vision.

I stood back with Bree and Leo as Chase used his shield "Oh you think your so cool because you have lasers. Well guess what? I can fight back too."

Chase did something with the shield and aimed it at Adam and Adam went flying back. I gasped and looked at Chase in shock. This? Yeah this isn't bad. This is chaos!

"Bullseye."

The started fighting "Bree should we do something?" Leo asked and I nodded. Something had to be done about this much crazy.

"Nah, they're bionic brothers. It's how they role." Chase was thrown across the room and I winced as he fell "And fly."

"Ha! I can still pin you in less than three seconds!"

Chase got up "I'm good!" Bree and I rolled our eyes "Ugh, he always plays the psyical card! This contest was my thing and he's trying to show me up."

"He's not trying to show you up. He did show you up. Instead of giving him credit you made him feel stupid. Which is how you always make him feel."

I sighed in frustration. I did say that didn't I? I'm like the Invisible Woman ever since this stupid student of the semester rolled around.

"Huh. Now I'm starting to think she's smarter than you too."

Chase looked beyond Leo and our eyes met. He looked sorry and I just gave him a weak smile before going upstairs with Bree.

The next day at school...

"Prepare yourself for the bitter distaste of defeat which I plan on spoon feeding you in delightful bite sized portions every time I see you." Adam said as we waited for the final results of who would win.

"Mhm. Let's just see what happens." Chase replied.

"And the student of the semester is...Adam Davenport!"

"Woohoo! I beat you! Eat it! Eat the defeat!" I smiled when Chase did complain or fight back "Open your mouth."

"Okay Adam."

"Lick the spoon! Lick it!"

"Alright! That's enough." When Adam left I held his hand and Chase smiled down at me. Bree came walking around the corner.

"Uh Chase? Something is not right with Adam's essay. 'I should be student of the semester because I'm tall, I'm happy and I will let you have dogs in the library.'" Bree read.

"So? What's wrong with that?"

"Adam would have misspelled library. Adam would have misspelled dogs!"

"Okay fine. I wrote it, put his name on it and tanked my own essay."

My Chase is back ladies and gentlemen! He is back!

"He had good ideas and deserved to win. So I got one A minus. I guess I can't be perfect at everything."

"Chase that's not true. You're not perfect at a lot of things." Bree patted his shoulder and went to her locker.

Chase went over to Adam and congratulated him on winning "The best man won. And I'm sorry I made you feel like you weren't smart enough to win."

"Yes it was very scrumptious of you." I giggled behind Chase.

"Presumptuous." Chase corrected.

"That as well."

They hugged and there was a horn honking and Leo was driving the party bus "Hey Bree! Good news! I found a new way to make it to class on time." We all piled in. I was inbeween my best friend and my boyfriend.

"Buckle up guys. We hit the burner all the way to art class!"

After school I found Chase and Leo looking at Adam's student of the semester picture "Are you sure you're not upset about Adam beating you for student of the semester?"

"Yeah Chase. Not even a little bit upset?" both of them jumped but relaxed when it was just me.

"Eh, a little bit. But I'll get over it."

Chase looked around and I wondered what he was doing. He then proceeded to draw a mustache and a mole on Adam's face. We laughed and Chase turned around "Yeah, I'm over it."

Adam came down "Hey!" I stopped laughing "I was gonna do that." and then Adam proceeded to add facial hair to his own picture.

The bell then rang and Leo said "I'll see you at home Chase."

And then there was two.

"I'm so sorry for the way I treated you Katie. I was wrong on so many levels and I didn't listen to you in the beginning." He took a step closer to me and took my hand "Please please forgive me!

I smiled "I've already forgiven you Chase."

"You have?"

"Yeah. What you did for Adam was awesome. So yes, you're already forgiven."

Chase kissed me and wrapped his arms around my waist. The halls were all ready cleared out "I'm really lucky to have you."

I laughed and kissed him again "And don't you forget it!"

AN: This took me two days to write. There is so much to write I thought my fingers were going to fall off. Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Comments and votes would be awesome. Mostly votes since I took the time to write all of this. Please and thank you!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

204K 3.7K 14
When Alex Martin meets the Davenport siblings, she doesn't think her life could get any crazier. What happens when she gets adopted into the family...
85.4K 1.9K 13
Leo wanted his new step-siblings to experience a normal teenage experience. For Chase Davenport, that meant meeting and falling for a girl. However...
133K 2.1K 26
a lot has happened during the past year in haley ford's life. she made three new best friends, who had bionic abilities, and since then, she has had...
330K 5.5K 31
Living with the Davenport's mean craziness and adventures. Continue to follow Alex through the wild adventures she goes on while balancing a relation...