Beauty and the Sheriff | SHER...

By thehouseofdevil

Caroline of Locksley was always simple child with huge heart. As an orphan, she was grateful for her guardian... More

| OPENING |
2 | Sheriff of Nottingham
3 | Marriage or Death
4 | Nottingham Castle
5 | Dinner or Disaster
6 | Robin Hood
7 | Friendship
8 | Surprise for Caroline
9 | Season of the Witch
10 | Something There
11 | Beauty and the Sheriff
12 | Sherwood Forest
13 | Mortianna's Revenge
14 | Sanderson Sisters
15 | Final Battle
| CREDITS |

1 | Once Upon a Time

1K 144 112
By thehouseofdevil

Once upon a time, that's the way many fairytales start. But can we call this story a fairytale? As long as there is just the tiniest sparkle of magic, we certainly can.

Once upon a time, well, in 14th century happened a story you may know very well. But do we know how it really was? The tale of Robin Hood and his Merry Men, the tale of Robin Hood's neverdying love to Maid Marian or the tale about the villain Sheriff of Nottingham, they defeated? Well, these are the ones you know but did it never bother you how come that Sheriff's mother was a witch? Let's see, back then witches were nothing to mess with.

Witches were evil and dangerous by nature as they often lured innocent into their traps and practiced dangerous spells. Although witches are powerful and ruthless, there's always a bright hope of something, better said someone better. And that was her. Marabella. Marabella was indeed powerful but she wasn't as cruel as others of her kind. As the matter of fact Marabella was the only one who felt empathy, not hatred.

Her heart opened to the King Richard, known to you as Lionheart. Young witch found herself drawn to the unknown feeling with this human ruler. The feeling called love. And it was pure love, something no witch ever experienced. For Marabella, the feelings she shared with Richard were more powerful than any of her magic abilities, so she dedicated leave all her magic self to become human just like the one she loved so dearly

The love remained stronger than any rules, so Marabella and King Richard got married, without knowledge that Marabella will recieve the greatest gift of all. Giving birth to her daughter, Caroline. Marabella thought she already faced the greatest beauty of life but it all changed when she laid eyes on her little princess. The admiration and happiness she felt, made her finally the human she wished to be, leaving all the darkness of her witch self behind.

Yes, everything was just as it should be. They knew themselves to be the most happy of families to live as they did and to love each other so. But sorrow can come to any kingdom, no matter how happy. As being said witches were dangerous evil creatures, but none of them were as cruel as the one you know so well, Mortianna. Mortianna always despised Marabella for her outstanding abilities and wanted nothing else than be better than her. When the evil witch found out that Marabella gave birth to Caroline she quickly realized the child will be the most powerful of all for having blood of witch and human.

Mortianna was blinded by power she wanted posess, planning her terrible revenge. It was the night that everything turned upside down. The night Mortianna attacked the kingdom and kindapped Marabella and her main subject, little princess Caroline.

"You can't do this! YOU CAN'T DO THIS, MORTIANNA! GIVE HER BACK TO ME! GIVE ME BACK MY DAUGHTER!" Marabella screamed in agony as she was prisoned in cell, watching Mortianna, holding Caroline in her arms. "Stop screaming, you wench! This all is your fault! You gave up your powers for something as foolish as love. The only profit is this little brat. The brat that will lead me to become the greatest of working witches!" Mortianna smirked, walking away with the baby. "No..NO! WINIFRED IS THE MOST POWERFUL! SHE AND RICHARD WILL SAVE US! THEY WILL COME AND SAVE US!" Marabella remained shouting, not prepared to give up.

"Will he? How so if that Richard of yours and entire kingdom forgets about existence of yours and hers. And don't be too hyped about that Sanderson wench, sooner or later she and her two idiot sisters will be hanged as I tell the villagers what magic Winifred possesses." Mortianna laughed out, making scar with her disgusting sharp nails on Caroline's shoulder. "No...no..you won't get away with this! You won't!" Marabella panicked as she began to see blurry. "I already did." Mortianna frowned in evil tone. That and Caroline's crying were the last things Marabella heard before collapsing.

She had no idea how long she was lying on the cold ground, until a voice made her wake up. Voice of a young boy. "Who are you..?! What do you want?!" Marabella panicked, crawling on the other side of her cell. There was a young boy, who could be around 9 years old. "She was crying." He explained, revealing he's holding Caroline in his arms. "I covered her in a blanket, but she remained crying, I think she needs you."

Marabella thought it's just another trap by Mortianna, but soon realized it's not as she stared in eyes of the boy. Innocence and fear. "You brought me my daughter?" Marabella gasped, quietly approaching the bars. He nodded, carefully passing the little Caroline through the bars of cell. "It's alright now, sweetheart. Mommy's here." Marabella cried out, holding her beloved daughter close. She was aware nothing changed but all she needed at the moment was having her daughter back. At least for a while.

"Who are you, boy? And how did you get to my daughter? Do you have a name?" Marabella started to question him. "My name is George..I was adopted by Mortianna long ago, I don't even remember where I used to belong...who are my parents...she said she taken me when no one else could and I should be grateful. I try to be, she's kind of nice to me but I saw her hurting many people or luring children..but...when your baby was crying...it was first time I couldn't leave it like that." The boy explained, feeling somehow guilty.

"George...that's a great name for a great boy." Marabella smiled at him. "You have no idea how much this act you done means to me. You're full of good, I just pray Mortianna won't take advantage of it. You have no idea what monster she is, if you think she cares, she only manipulates. All she desires is power, my power that I gave up to become human. Giving it up was only way to marry the man I love and have with him my entire world. Here my little babygirl. Caroline." George smiled about it as he looked at Caroline. "She has your eyes."

"Yes...yes, she does." Marabella held her tears back, stroking her daughter's cheek. "She's all I have now. The only thing which matters. You must understand that I don't have much time left until Mortianna finds out Caroline is with me...you must help us escape." At first, George was unsure how to but then spotted keys and opened the cell. "What will you do now?" He asked as he noticed Marabella sobbing. "Leaving Caroline somewhere, where Mortianna won't find her. Even if it takes to be far away from me. That far away...that we never reunite again." She answered, hardly speaking it out loud.

"But where will you go? And will Caroline be safe?" George asked, checking first Marabella and then the baby. "I don't matter in this story. But maybe you will, after all...you know what's the only way to defeat a witch like Mortianna?" Marabella asked, handing him Caroline for a while, like she has already saw future. "True love." She answered, smiling about young boy's care for her daughter. "But..but..what does that mean?" George asked as Marabella taken Caroline back in her arms.

Before the young boy got his answer, Marabella turned into a mist and disappeared. Disappeared together with Caroline. The young boy stayed in confusion from her words but could never guess how harsh life journey excepts him, all ruled by Mortianna.

Mortianna was raging and desired another revenge as Marabella was nowhere to find. She raged more for fact she couldn't find Caroline. Marabella knew that no one in kingdom remembers them, so she visited the only friend she had in the terrible situation. Malcolm of Locksley. As his mansion wasn't part of kingdom he was the only one who could fullfill her wish. Marabella left Caroline in hands of Malcom to protect her and make sure she'll never leave the walls of his mansion. Malcolm was a loyal friend to Marabella, so he promised and taken care of Caroline as his own.

He himself lost his wife when she gave birth to his son, Robin, to you known as the famous Robin Hood. And rightly him was the greatest protector and friend to Caroline when she was growing up. They were just like siblings. The bond was stronger than any spell. Caroline was taught that her parents were deceased and she was in care of uncle Malcolm. Not to mention how strictly she was taught to never leave mansion because world around is way too dangerous for her.

That's all she knew but never really complained. As long as she had her beloved Robin by side. But when Robin was suddenly escorted and prisoned, Caroline dedicated to start breaking the rules. Here now, this is where our story starts.

• • •

Hello everyone! Welcome to the first chapter. I know this could be taken as a prologue since it's more like a narrator chapter and I'm not so good at it but I tried my best to make it simple and got you inside the story and what was before entire plot starts. I pray it's not such mess and you'll find yourself entertained in this story. Sheriff awaits in the following chapter! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I apologize for all my mistakes. Thank you so much for reading and see you in comments! Sending love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 833 16
You are the youngest daughter of a wealthy nobleman. Your brother is best friends with George the future Sheriff of Nottingham who you have loved you...
2.8K 71 25
A Sir Guy of Gisborne story. Loosely based on the BBC story of Robin Hood, using characters that I have grown attached to. I own no rights to the BBC...
24.3K 876 50
Returning to Nottingham after 11 years away, Roana of Locksley is keen to reconnect with her older brother, Robin. But he has been outlawed, reinvent...
Lady Outlaw By Jo

Fanfiction

3.9K 226 41
Book 2 in the Lady Locksley series. Having escaped the clutches of the odious Sir William of Bridlington, Roana of Locksley's life has changed for t...