His Warbride *COMPLETE ✅

By amateur_anonymous

| COMPLETED | ~ | Chapters are being Edited | #Wattys2020 ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 17

1.6K 101 2
By amateur_anonymous

Dylan POV

Today, I'm going to ask Leah to be my girlfriend, but first I should ask her on a date.

That's the chant that's been running through my head since I woke up two hours ago. I want her to know that I take us seriously. It's been almost a week since we first kissed, and we've been attached to the hip since then.

I approached her, as she was sterilizing some medical tools. I called her as she turned around to greet me.

Well here goes nothing I thought as I prepared to say the lines I've been practicing for two hours.

"Leah, meet me at my office at 6 o'clock."

"Why, is everything alright? Are we doing something"

"We're going on our first date."

I cupped her face as I said that. She laid her hand on top of mine.

"I've never been on a date. Should I wear something?"

Pride swelled in me knowing, I'll be the first man to ever take Leah on a date.

"You have nothing to worry about. Just come meet me at my office."

With that I gave her a quick goodbye kiss and went to attend the daily training. I heard her squeak an ok before the door closed.

I soon met with all my men, as John and I lead the training to the troops. Every morning, but John and I go on daily drives around the camp to make sure everything is safe and then we have our own workouts.

"Alright, I want each man to do 5 laps around the camp. Last one to finish will have to help with laundry in their spare time."

This is how we handed out chores, as it seemed reasonable enough. All hundred men soon ran around the building, as John counted their lap, and I timed them.

"You seem in a pretty good mood. What's up with you?"

"I finally asked Leah on a date. I'm not sure how or what, considering our predicament on the war, but I'll have to think of something."

"Well, you don't seem to have much time to think."

"I'm thinking of a picnic dinner before sunset. It will be romantic and safe hopefully."

"Goodluck man."

He patted my shoulder just as Nick, one of the junior officers ran in last.

After training and each man was ordered to do their job, I was finishing up some paperwork in the meantime, when Leah popped her head into the office.

"Come in, love"

I said as I pointed towards my lap, before she got a chance to sit down on the chairs. She slowly descended herself onto me as I chuckled at the crimson colour of her cheeks.

"Hey"

"Hey, is everything alright?"

"I just don't know what to wear for the date. Please just choose a dress"

"You'll look pretty in rags, Leah. Where whatever is comfortable for you."

"Please Dykan. You know what, just choose a finger and I'll pick the dress."

She said, spreading out her fingers in front of me. She probably expected me to point at one, but instead, my mouth descended as I enveloped her index finger into my mouth.

"Stop, Dylan"

Her mouth said no, yet her body said yes. I kissed the pad of her finger as my tongue swirled around it.

"You told me to choose, and I chose."

I said, finally releasing her finger from my mouth. Snapping out of her thoughts, she gave me a cute look before she huffed and left the room, grumbling some incoherent words.

It's now five thirty and I re-checked the basket to see that I've packed everything. I don't even remember when I became such a softie. Women used to impress me, but now I'm imperessing Leah.

Before she could meet me here at six, I decided to surprise her five minutes early. I opened her room door to see her facing away from me.

Her dark locks of hair cascaded down her bare shoulders, all the way to her waist. Noticing the noise the door created, she turned around as she put on an earring.

"Hi"

She croaked, quite surprised. I wanted to respond yet I couldn't. She looked like a goddess. Her face was bare if any makeup, yet she and this glow to her. She wore a gorgeous baby pink off the shoulder dress that reached her knees.

"Dylan? Do I not look ok?"

"Huh. Leah, No, no You look gorgeous. I got you this."

I said as I pointed to a necklace I decided to save until our date.

"It's gorgeous."

"Not any more than you love."

She smiled softly at that response and turned her back towards me as she shifted her long curly hair to one side.

Taking that as my cue, I put the picnic basket down and approached her. When the cold metal touched her bare neck, she shuddered slightly, adjusting to the temperate.

I kissed her neck softly as we looked at each other through the mirror.

"It's so beautiful. Thank you, Dylan."

"It's only beautiful because it's on you."

We smiled softly at each other and held our hands as I walked her towards our destination.

At the midst of war, on one of our daily routes, I found a beautiful forest. I checked to make sure it was safe numerous times and decided that it was the spot for our date.

The cliff allowed us to see the sunset and the woods were close enough to the camp to call for backup. Within a five minutes walk, we approached the place as she opened her mouth in awe.

"This is beautiful Dylan. How did you even find this place."

I explain the story as she helps me set up the food and blanket for the picnic.

For the next few hours, we shared our goals and memorable life stories with each other. I learned about what those terrorists have done to her family and she knows about my foster families.

Despite only meeting her a few weeks ago, I felt like I've known her forever. We felt like sharing everything with each other, and we did.

Just before the sunset, I wanted to declare my love for her. It might be too early, but it never felt like a more perfect time. With the war happening, we could never know when our last day is.

"Leah, I need to tell you something. I love you, Leah. I know you might think it's too early in this relationship and I understand if you don't have the same feelings yet, because I'll wait, but-"

She ended my blabbering confession as she poured all her love for me in a kiss. With tears streaming down her face she said those same words.

"I love you too Dylan. Just don't hurt me"

"Hurting you, is like hurting myself. I promise to never hurt you."

Her brown eyes teared up as she kissed me and lured her emotions into it, as I did the same.

Smiling at each other in the utmost happiness, we both spent a little more time together watching the sunset and sharing occasional kisses.

"Let's go back to camp, mi amore. It's getting dark."

Nodding her head, we cleared the place up before we started walking back to the base.

"What does that word mean; mi amore?"

"It means my love in Italian."

"You know Italian?"

"I learned it at high school and John is Italian. As I spent more time with him and his family, I kind of just learned it naturally I guess."

"Wow, I just know English, but I always wanted to learn a new language."

"I'll teach you some words right now. Say mi trovo estremamente sexy e attraente"

"Mi trovo estremamente sexy e attraente, what does it mean?"

"It means, you find me extremely sexy and attractive. Thank you, my love. I feel the same as you?"

She immediately smacked my bicep, as I laughed at our foolishness.

We soon entered the camp, only to be informed by one of my soldiers that Jamie had fallen down and hit his head.

With a worried expression, both Leah and I ran towards the medical ward.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 656 13
*COMPLETED* When Rosie turned thirty-one with nothing to show for it, she panicked. Suddenly it felt like her biological clock was t...
3.2K 109 40
While tortured and held captive as a prisoner of war, she became my reason to keep breathing. The force that fueled my will to fight. To survive. Whe...
448K 17.7K 43
Highest ranked- #10 in action 2/16/2017 A promotion. That's all I wanted. I didn't want to run for my life. I didn't want to be kidnapped...
418K 10.2K 51
[COMPLETED] #Ranks : #14 on 30/11/18 (category : Ex) #17 on 29/6/19 ( category : adultromance) #57 on 29/6/19 ( category: Suspense) Excerpt : "I can...