Chain || Mark Lee

By mochi729

"If you continue to complain I'll either kiss you or kill you" Gang/Mafia AU Mark Lee X OC Min Yeonmi finds h... More

Chapter One:Pocky
Chapter Two:Lies
Chapter Three:Truths
Chapter 4:Found
Chapter 5:Understand
Chapter 6:No Choice
Chapter 7:Inspection
Chapter 8:Let's Talk
Chapter 9:Brother Problems
Chapter 10:Moving In
Chapter 11:First Mission
Chapter 12:Code Red
Chapter 13:Boy
Chapter 14:Side Effects
Chapter 15:Confusion
Chapter 16:Think Fast
Chapter 17:Irregular
Chapter 18:Caught in a Lie
Chapter 19:Out of Love
Chapyer 20:Bye My First
Chapter 21:Oh My God
Chapter 22:Danger
Chapter 23:I'm Fine
Chapter 24:Oh
Chapter 25:Different
Chapter 26:What Comes Around
Chaoter 27:Family is Everything
Chapter 28:Promise
Chapter 30:Calm Down
Chapter 31:Problems
Chapter 32:No Way
Chapter 32.5:Finally
Chapter 33:Seriously?
Chapter 34:History
Chapter 35:Truth Untold
Chapter 36:But
Chapter 37:Backup
Chapter 38:Gameplan
Chapter 39:Back Door
Chapter 40:Final Round
Epilogue 1:All I Need
Epilogue 2:Lucky
Epilogue 3:Together
Epilogue 4:Dream

Chapter 29:Surprises

12.8K 385 589
By mochi729

I didn't realize people read on their laptops as like a normal thing.

I've only read a laptop while I was at school when I was supposed to be doing work😅

Well enjoy this chapter, it's a little longer than normal, but not by that much.

||

A month or so flew by quickly, and the summer heat was upon them. It wasn't only the heat that had been rising, but the sexual tension between Mark and Yeonmi had only been building up. The heat between them was enough to burn.

To everyone else, they were normal, but with one another it was a lot deeper than that. Whenever Mark would be playing games on his laptop, Yeonmi would be there supporting him. Whenever Yeonmi was watching a drama, Mark would be there to poke fun at everything that made her bubbly.

Diving in even deeper, there was even more. After all of Yeonmi's kill missions or hits, Mark would wait in her room until she came home to sleep next to her; whenever he didn't she got nightmares. When Mark took hits or had other missions, Yeonmi would help relax him when he got back home.

Going into the depths of hell, it got even worse. As the weather grew hotter, it was practically impossible to wear long sleeves, unless someone was energized enough to turn on the air conditioning. Sweatpants turned into shorts, and shirts turned into tank tops; unless one of the boys decided to go completely shirtless.

With Mark and Yeonmi, things were a bit different when they were in their rooms. Mark would go in between their rooms with only shorts on, and Yeonmi would walk around with shorts and a sports bra. They were just trying to beat the heat, but instead they only made themselves warm up even more.

Yeonmi avoided staring at Mark while he went around shirtless, especially when he would start working out in his room; while she was just hanging out in his room. Mark was trying his best to not stare at Yeonmi whenever her shorts rode up. If either one of them stared too long things would get a bit intense.

Ten hours ago, Yeonmi came home around two in the morning from a mission at a bar. She only had a shot or two of soju, so she wasn't completely wasted. When she got home she was exhausted. She had to fight three grown men until backup arrived to help, and she had a nice bruise on her forearm to prove it.

Yeonmi went into her room, turning on only the small lamp on her desk before changing into pajamas. She was too tired to shower, she could just do it when she woke up. After changing, Yeonmi turned around to see a silhouette on her bed. She jumped back from shock and realized her mistake.

"You're lucky you didn't turn the real lights on, otherwise I would've seen everything."Mark smirked.

"You know, you could've said something, perv."

"I thought you were putting on a show."Yeonmi rolled her eyes at his words, "don't be like that, you should know I'm always here."Mark chuckled.

Yeonmi turned off the lamp, and walked over to her bed. Mark sat at the edge, waiting for her to lay down first. However, Yeonmi pushed him backwards and crawled over him, having all of the control in this situation.

"What are you doing?"Mark nervously asked.

"Didn't you want a show?"Yeonmi whispered into his ear, and it was only then that Mark smelled the alcohol.

"Mimi, you're drunk, go to bed."He wanted the show, but at the same time she was drunk.

Yeonmi ran her hand down Mark's chest and to his abs, right before kissing him. She chuckled to herself before moving herself off of Mark and to her pillow. Mark laid there for a second, stunned with what just happened, but he quickly gathered his composure and made his way next to her.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Mark snuggled his head into her neck and fell asleep that way. Yeonmi fell asleep with ease. Fast forward hours later, Mark, surprisingly, woke up before Yeonmi did. He kissed her forehead before getting up to shower.

That day, everyone was heading down to the safehouse for another training day. After he finished his morning routine, he went to wake up Yeonmi, who was still sleeping. He approached the bed and climbed onto it to wake her up. This backfired on him as Yeonmi quickly flipped him over and pinned him to the bed.

"Good morning,"she smiled at him.

"Are you still drunk?"Mark flipped her over, taking back his power.

"You're just mad I was able to pin you."Yeonmi stuck her tongue out at him..

"Get ready, we leave in an hour."Mark kissed her forehead before getting off of the bed.

Mark left the room and went into his. Yeonmi sat up in her bed and felt a pit in her stomach, she instantly rushed into the bathroom and to the toilet. Last night's alcohol did not sit well with her. Mark heard her and went into the bathroom to check on her.

He saw what was happening and helped hold her hair back. Yeonmi was grateful, but at the same time he was one of the last people she wanted to see her like that.

"If you're ever with me, you're not allowed to drink; at all."Mark tells her.

"I probably ate something wrong."

"You aren't even 19 yet, your birthday is in July; it's only June. You wouldn't have been allowed to drink if it weren't for your mission. No drinking until you're 19."

"I'm perfectly fine."Yeonmi snapped back.

Mark patted her head before leaving the bathroom to let her be. Her head was pounding, and Mark was right; she just didn't want to admit it. Alcohol wasn't good for her, but man did it make her feel confident. At this moment, she was not at her best.

Yeonmi quickly got ready, not bothering to put on any makeup; it was only to the safe house. Yeonmi put on a pair of tight black shorts and paired it with a black cropped tank top that had a red heart on it. The amount of skin she was revealing was a bit too much, so she decided to put on a red button up shirt, but leave it unbuttoned.

She tucked her gun in the waistband of her shorts, and put her switchblade in her pocket. In her hand she had her phone and newly bought airpods that Taeyong bought for her last week. Her feet moved across the floor as she made her way into Mark's room, the door was closed but that didn't stop her.

Mark looked up to see her and instantly shook his head. He was standing over his bed, looking at four different shirts. He had on black ripped jeans and no shirt on. Yeonmi rolled her eyes and walked over to where he was standing, him being shirtless somehow having no effect on her; even Mark was surprised she was like that.

"What is with all you boys and not knowing what to wear, it's not that hard to put together a practical and fashionable outfit."Yeonmi complained, "if you're going to wear long pants in the summer than wear a tank top with it or you'll die in heat."She picked up the black tank top that was on his bed and put it over his head.

"Are you dressing me now?"Mark asked as he looped his arms through the tank top.

"I'm dressing you because you would've taken too long to decide, and I can't be in a room with you for so long if you have your shirt off; unless if we're about to go to bed."Yeonmi told him as she sat on his bed.

"Is that so?"Mark began to walk towards her with a smirk on his face.

Yeonmi lifted her leg, her foot coming in contact with Mark's stomach. This kept him away.

"It's too early for anything."

"So now you're telling me what to do? What's with this? You have your own malo mode too?"

"Just me being confident, that's all."

"Keep that annoying confidence up tonight, see how well that goes for you."Mark backed away to arm himself and grab his phone.

He was used to her endless teasing and small outbursts from anger and annoyance, but this was a whole different level. It actually got him a bit worked up that she was behaving this way. One thing for sure, he didn't like her being that type of confidence.

Yeonmi let out a "pftt," dismissing his statement. She didn't fear him, after how he's been the past few weeks she had nothing to worry about. He's been soft, and Malo has been far gone. Although, at this point, she was basically asking for Malo to come back with her attitude.

Mark got all of his things ready and the two left his room to go downstairs, luckily no one was in the hallway to see the two leave the same room. Downstairs were Taeyong, Jaehyun, Jaemin, Chenle, and Jisung; everyone else was probably still getting ready.

On the dining table were slices of cooked spam, 19 bowls of cabbage soup, and kimchi. Taeyong was making a bunch of scrambled eggs, and Jaehyun was scooping out 19 bowls of rice from their two rice cookers. Jaemin, Chenle, and Jisung were just sitting at the table talking amongst themselves while waiting for everyone else to come down.

"How long have they been down here?"Yeonmi whispered to Jaemin as she sat down at the table.

"No clue, but there's a decent amount of food. They're like our parents, no one knows when they wake up, they just are whenever we're awake."He whispered back.

Yeonmi only looked over into the kitchen to watch the two of them. Jaemin was right, they basically were parents. It was only 9:30, they must have been up a lot earlier since they were fully dressed.

Eventually everyone came down, and the food was ready. They all ate breakfast together, a rare occasion since everyone had their own schedule. Taeyong made sure everyone had a gun and blade with them, and to tell everyone the car arrangements.

They were taking four different cars. Taeyong, Jaehyun, Doyoung, and Kun were driving the cars. Yeonmi, Jaemin, Mark and Yuta went into Taeyong's car. Ten, Jeno, Jungwoo, and Johnny were in Jaehyun's car. Renjun, Sicheng, and Haechan went with Doyoung. Lucas, Taeil, Jisung, and Chenle went into Kun's car

The drive there was smooth, besides Renjun and Haechan bickering the whole time. In present time, it was 12 in the afternoon, and they had just arrived at the safe house. People were filing out of the cars as Taeyong unlocked the door. When they got inside Xiaojun, Hendery, and Yangyang were waiting for them.

"Xiaojun!"Yeonmi shouted and ran into his arms as soon as she got into the house to see him.

"Yeonmi!"The two hugged and joined together perfectly like magnets, Xiaojun spun her around as they hugged.

Mark had just entered the house to witness it. It made him glad to see her happy, but at the same time she had been snappy with him all morning; so this sudden change of attitude annoyed him.

"Alright, we're doing dynamite training; something new to us."

"Please no, I almost burned my finger with the lighter. "Yeonmi groaned.

"You've thrown dynamite?"Taeyong asked.

"It was when I was training with Bangtan, it's like common for them, so is fire."

"Well then, Yeonmi, you'll be helping me monitor then."Yeonmi only smiled at this, it was less work for her.

"After dynamite training we're going to do hand to hand combat, then eat lunch. After lunch we're going to be doing sensory training and blindfold attacks."

They all groaned and followed Taeyong to the backyard. There were explosion proof cages everywhere, which were set up a long time ago. The procedure was simple, pick a cage, light the stick, throw the stick, cover your ears, and duck.

Everyone got a turn, and they continued with those that could throw the farthest. Yeonmi spent most of her time helping out Xiaojun, and those that were around him. Mark was too busy helping out Jisung and Chenle to get to her. All of her attention was towards Xiaojun, she didn't even take a glance at Mark.

When they got to hand to hand combat, it was even more frustrating. They had an even set of pairs, and Yeonmi and Xiaojun automatically went together. Mark ended up with Haechan, which he couldn't complain about, but he would have preferred Yeonmi.

They were in the open living room, they had pushed all the furniture out of the way, and placed down mats. They were fighting one another in the empty space. Xiaojun easily defeated Yeonmi, slamming her to the ground, but Yeonmi grabbed his foot and yanked him down.

The two of them were having fun while training, and their laughter did not go unnoticed by Mark. That slight distraction allowed Haechan to get the upper hand and knock Mark to the ground.

"Come on, hyung, stay focused; you're really weird today."

"Sorry, my mind isn't straight at the moment."Mark explained as Haechan helped him off the ground.

Once they finished hand to hand combat, it got a bit tense but not because of Mark's jealousy. Some of them were putting the living room back together, and some of them were wiping off their sweat with towels. The tension came from a single text message.

"Irene is coming to visit the safe house."Johnny announced.

"What? She told you and not me?"Taeyong questioned.

"It's the person with her that told me about the surprise, she wasn't planning on telling us. They also said to not eat lunch yet."

"It's a training day, are we going to be getting an overlook on how we're training?"Jungwoo asked.

"Be on alert guys, one screw up and we're done for."Kun said as he continued to put the living room back together.

"We screwed up with the Yeonmi/Mark mission, I think we're safe from a surprise inspection."Ten mentions.

"What happened with that?"Yangyang asked, not knowing about it.

"Nobody told you? They got kidnapped."Xiaojun tells him, since he found out from Yeonmi the day they got back.

"Why are we so scared of her and Red Velvet again?"Yeonmi questioned, genuinely not knowing.

"Because we're in the same gang circle as us, and if we're deemed unfit to run on our own then they become in charge of us. There's nothing wrong about that, but we'd like to be able to function on our own with our rules."Taeyong explained to her.

"Not to mention that means we don't get the luxury of buying anything that we want without them reviewing our purchases, and no slacking off since they like to stay on top of everything."Jaehyun ads, but Taeyong only shoved him for mentioning something unimportant.

Kun soon ushered everyone into cleaning again, since they had no clue when Irene would be showing up. They started talking while they cleaned, the older ones were talking about what Irene would be expecting, and the younger ones were chatting about other things.

"Yeonmi, how did your mission go last night?"Xiaojun asked.

"It was good, I was allowed to have soju and fist fight grown men."

"You had alcohol? Yeonmi that's not good for you, you're not 19 yet."

"My birthday is next month."She groaned.

"Promise me, no more drinking until your birthday; not even a sip."

"Okay, promise."

Mark heard all of this, and way beyond pissed off. This morning she snapped at him for telling her not to drink, and with Xiaojun she was an angel. He was mumbling about it under his breath as he put a mat away, completely annoyed.

"Mark, something wrong?"Jaemin asked while placing a hand on his shoulder, stopping him in his tracks.

"Yeonmi is just being a pain."

"What happened this time?"

"This morning she was throwing up from the alcohol and I told her not to drink and she snapped back at me, but she's listening to Xiaojun."Mark explained.

"Mark, oh Mark, you still don't understand her do you?"

"Hm?"Jaemin only shook his head at Mark's confusion.

"That's how she is when she's comfortable around people. I'm her best friend, she snaps at me all the time when I tell her things. If anything it means you're getting closer to her."Jaemin explained as Mark was listening carefully, "so, hyung, what's been happening behind closed doors?"

"Aish!"Jaemin's comment earned him a light punch in the arm and the two laughed for a bit.

It only took a second for the laughter to die down as the engine of a car could be heard. With the safe house being so remote, they knew it wasn't just any car passing by. Everyone rushed to the windows to get a look. It was a red convertible that had the roof off. It was Irene's personal car, there was no question about that, but she wasn't the one driving it; in fact she was in the passenger seat

She walked up confidently to the door, with the other person behind her; the person had about 6 large plastic bags filled with boxes. Her hand went to the pin pad, typing in the code with ease. The facial recognition scanned her face, then her right eye, and then asked for her thumb print everything passed flawlessly.

"Did we tell her the code?"Kun questioned.

"Since when did we have her scan features in our system?"Ten asked since he was partially in charge of security.

"Hello?"Irene had stepped into the house and looked around, the main hall was empty.

"Noona?"Taeyong pretended to act surprised, "what are you doing here?"

"I brought you guys lunch for your training day, oh and I brought a guest."

"Suho hyung!"Haechan shouted, and everyone's attention shifted from Irene to the man walking in behind her.

"Is it your day off unnie?"Yeonmi asked, going over to greet her.

"Yeah, and I just happened to be in the area; so I wanted to visit you guys."She responded.

"In the area?"Johnny smirked, "Irene, this location is an hour away from your home, and thirty minutes from EXO's base."He knew why she was here.

"Well, I went to visit EXO, so I thought I'd visit you guys because you all were here."

"And Suho decided to come with you?"Johnny was not going to stop pestering her.

"Isn't the EXO safe house also near here?"Taeyong asked, hoping on Johnny's train to embarrass Irene.

"We were going to go back to the EXO base after this,"she explained.

"Are you sure about that noona?"Doyoung questioned.

By now, almost everyone knew what Johnny was talking about. The EXO safe house was always empty, and they always had someone check it once a month. With Suho and Irene, they would have been going to the safe house after visiting.

"We can't talk about this in front of the kids,"Ten laughed.

"We know exactly what you guys are talking about."Renjun mentioned,

"It's quite obvious."Jaemin added.

"You guys are kids, you shouldn't know what we're walking about."Yuta said.

"We're not kids!"Jeno shouted.

"Yeah! We know things."Jisung added on.

"Haha, kids, go to the kitchen and close the doors while noona beats up your hyungs."Irene nervously laughed.

"Take the food, I'll record it for you guys."Suho instructed and started handing the bags of food to the 00' line.

Everyone born 1999 and later, were pushed out of the room by Irene and Suho. The older ones that had messed with Irene were shaking in their shoes. As soon as Xiaojun closed the door, the fight began.

There was muttered shouting and some laughter. They heard thuds on the ground followed by more laughter. The younger ones talked amongst themselves. Xiaojun, being responsible, started getting plates ready for lunch. This gave Mark the perfect opportunity to approach Yeonmi, since she was only on her phone.

However the chatter stopped when they heard something drop on the floor. Heads turned in the direction, and it was straight to Yeonmi. Her phone was on the ground and her hands covered her mouth.

"Yeonmi what's wrong?"Mark asked as he continued to walk towards her.

"I-,"her breathing was getting rapid, and she began backing away from her phone.

This raised even more concern. Jaemin got out of his chair and made us way close to Yeonmi as well. Her behavior was scaring them.

"Yeonmi?"Xiaojun rushed over to her side as he saw her stagger.

"Mimi, what's wrong?"Jaemin asked as he picked up her phone to hand to her.

"Felix just texted me."

||

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Just wanted to say thank you guys for all the support. It's the first Kpop fanfic I've written and I'm glad people are actually enjoying it.
-Celine❤️ 사랑햬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 613 45
♡ school romance "Please don't treat me like an outsider to your life..." "You treated me like one before. Why can't I do the same to you?" ❗ TW! abu...
264K 6.3K 55
He was in a mafia gang, she was an innocent girl. When they cross paths, what would happen? •Mafia/soulmate au. Highest ranking: #1 NCT !! (x5 and m...
22.3K 515 37
✶ Mafia AU ✶ Enemies to Lovers ✶ "I regret ever even meeting you." COMPLETED A mafia AU in which Yeh Daiyu meets Osaki Shotaro and her life is turned...
1.5M 41.6K 53
[ENDING CHANGED/UPDATED] "You're the only girl who doesn't fall to my feet and it's driving me crazy." NCT Mark AU Mark x Reader