Dried and Dying Roses (BWWM)

By _macc_

He reminded her of a tiger- no a lion- always ready to pounce, never thinking once about their prey. Once upo... More

~~~~~
One: Windows
Two: Formalities
Three:Adrian Lew
Four: Keep Going...Please
Five: Ouch
Six: Jealousy and Pathological Rage
Seven: Christian Ford
Eight: Hotels
Nine: I (Don't) Have a Crush on You
Ten: Hand Jobs
Eleven: Mind Your Manners, Isaline
Twelve: No Bueno
Thirteen: Mind Your Manners, Isaline (Part Two)
Fourteen: Draining
Fifteen: Good Girl
Sixteen: It's Not All Good, Child
Seventeen: Sorry, Really
Eighteen: Love Bites
Nineteen: Rummaging
Twenty: Fill in the Blanks
Twenty One: But Wait! There's More!
Twenty Three: The Golden Rule
Twenty Four: Issy
Twenty Five: Literal Shots
Twenty Six: The Unraveling
Twenty Seven: There's a First Time for Everything
Twenty Eight: Cheesy Jokes
Twenty Nine: Abandonment Issues
Thirty: The Clerk
Thirty One: Hurt
Thirty Two: Trusty Ade
Thirty Three: Itis
Thirty Four: Ginger Ale
Thirty Five: Vitamins
Thirty Six: Peanuts
Thirty Seven: Vehicles and Slip-Ups
Thirty Eight: Unless the Word that You Heard Is a Word that You Said.....
Thirty Nine: The (Diaper) Bag
Forty: "I (Adrian) Think I Do This All The Time..."
Forty One: She Tries... and Fails
Forty Two: The Baby
Forty Three:When Helping Doesn't...Well Help
Forty Four: Truth Hurts
Forty Five: Baby Bump Blues
Forty Six: Revenge (Filler)
Forty Seven: But Why Can't I Have One? (The Toddler Complex)
Forty Eight: Such a Way With Words
Forty Nine: Namesake
Fifty: An Anecdote Based on Chance
Fifty One: Dad?
Fifty Two: The Door
Fifty Three: Jigsaw
Fifty Four: Ambrosial
Fifty Five: Voyeurism
Fifty Six: Surprise!
Fifty Seven: White
Epilogue

Twenty Two: Do You...?

13.7K 633 296
By _macc_

Twenty Two

Eyes wide, Isa watched in complete shock as things-furniture, pictures, and valuable things Adrian shouldn't have wanted to throw around- started to vibrate in place before everything (including the couch) started to rise. Not enough to scare Isa, but enough to let her know that all hell was about to break loose. Her gaze flickered to Annaleigh, only to see that her face held a frightening degree of confidence, smirking as she surveyed her son's reaction before lightly slapping the top of her thighs with her pretty-how could hands be pretty?- hands, palms-down facing, making the sound resonate around the room, "Well, my work here is done. Walk me to the door, Isa dear?"

Immediately Isa could tell it was more of a command than a request, "Uh, s-sure," She muttered, glancing back at Adrian with a worried frown. Annaleigh just waved her hand dismissively at Adrian who was glaring almost hatefully at the woman who had birthed him as he motioned for Isa to sit down as he stood up, marching over to the woman.

As she plopped back down onto the couch, her mouth slightly agape, her gaze slid down his body, learning that tremors of rage were racking it in a way that sent not only chills of worry and fear down Isa's back as if someone had dropped an ice cube down her shirt, but also a powerful lust that almost overpowered the other two emotions running through her petite body, stronger the longer her gaze lingered on him.

That sexy anger, that darkness was what had originally drawn her in, drawn her to Adrian; she couldn't help her body's reaction, and she didn't care to change it. He was what she was attracted to, she wasn't ashamed. Angry at times, yes, but not ashamed.

The only thing that was sexier than the calm side of Adrian, was the pissed off side, the side she was witnessing now, but only when that wrath of rage wasn't directed at her. Isa was drenched with her need for him.

With a swift shake of her head, Isa tried to rid her thoughts as she looked over at the mother and son. Adrian was speaking, but was doing so, so inaudibly that she couldn't hear a word of what was being whispered passionately between the two, but whatever it was, it made Annaleigh let out a laugh filled with amused and hidden anger, upsetting Adrian even more.

"I'm so disappointed in you dear," She said quietly, frowning somberly at Adrian, then pressing her lips to his, shaking her head as she pulled away, "I pity you, baby boy. I'm not going to try and lecture you or anything, but you do what's right, okay?"

Adrian nodded wordlessly.

"Isa, come walk me out."

Isa followed after the woman, who hugged her at the door, "It was nice meeting you, Mrs. Lew. Maybe I'll get to see you again."

Annaleigh cupped Isa's cheek, her green eyes shining, "Call me Momma, dear."

Isa was shaking her head before Annaleigh finished her request, a deep frown set into her face, "Oh no, no, no. He would be so mad, he'd kill me. I'll stick with Mrs. Lew."

"You like it when's mad. I saw that look on your face in that living room, but do what you want baby. I'll see you soon, and take care of my boy." With a quick peck to Isa's lips, Annaleigh was out the door, leaving Isa standing in the entrance, still shocked and blushing at Adrian's mother catching onto what turned Isa on about her son.

Leo walked in then, peeped around the living room entrance, then rolled his eyes before looking over at Isa, "Go calm him down."

Isa shook her head vehemently, wringing her hands nervous as she let her eyes land on Leo, "I can't go in there, I-I'll only upset him even more." She flinched as a crash sounded as if to punctuate what she had just said, "And he might hurt me," She whispered quietly, wincing as a roar of left Adrian's lips from the next room, followed by another loud crash.

"Look, sweet pea," Leo murmured, "Mom said what he said because she knew she'd get that response. She wants you to know that you have the power to calm him, that you are what calms him down. Now, go in there and do your job so I can call her and tell her that her plan worked."

Isa wasn't having any of that. She was shaking her head vehemently, eyes wide with horror, "No, Leo, stop!" She pleaded, fighting against him but of course getting nowhere. He was inhuman with the strength to match, so Isa whimpered when he nudged her towards the living room. Leo sighed loudly, "Just go, Isa. I promise he'll stop."

"How?" She squeaked.

Leo shrugged once more, grinning at her, "That's the fun part; you've got to figure it out. Now, I'm a chain smoker, and I only got one cigarette in," he pulled another out his pocket, placing it between his lips as he spoke. Isa winced, never one to like cigarettes, they were one of the most unappealing things in her mind. "So I'll be out front. Don't call for me."

With that, Isa was shoved roughly into the room, right in the middle of the chaos of the now flying furniture, his naked, muscular back was to her, and heaving violently as he turned to watch the couch he had thrown across the room fly into the wall, before turning, his slate eyes widening as they landed on Isa, who Leo had pushed right in the center of the whirlwind of furniture spinning in one refined spot where he held it, slowly flinging around what he chose, like a child playing with toys, but when he saw Isa, the rage and hidden enjoyment in his eyes disappeared from his eyes, "What the fuck are you doing?" He yelled, making Isa flinch, but she didn't dare to move.

"Stop it,Adrian." She finally mustered up the confidence to say, frowning at him, "Please?"

He didn't, and Isa watched as a chair this time followed the same path of destruction the couch did. Next came an end table.

"Adrian, you're scaring me!" Isa pleaded both out loud, and with her eyes when he looked at her, but the faraway look in his eyes told her he wasn't even on the same planet as her.

So Isa stood in the eye of the storm, and watched him trash his living room, before deciding to walk over to him. It took everything in her to do so, and when she did, she stood behind him-his back was to her once more as he admired the damage he was doing-and pressed her small hand against his shoulder.

It was a simple touch, yes, but the second her skin met his, everything that was floating in the air was once more on the ground. Isa let out a sigh of relief before speaking to him, "Adrian," She whispered, walking around him until she was standing in front of his muscular body, keeping herself from admiring at she tilted her head back to look up at him.

His jaw was ticking and clench, his temple throbbing, and silver eyes burning into hers, his plump, pink lips set in a thin line. Isa didn't let her gaze fall from his as she grabbed his hand gently in hers, pressing her soft lips to the back as her eyes stayed locked on his.

He shuddered.

Isa repeated the action.

Adrian's eyes slid closed when Isa took his arms, and wrapped them around her waist, stepping forward until they were chest to chest as she took his chin in between her thumb and index finger, pulling him down until his lips met hers. It was like Isa's body knew what to do, like it was an instinct to calm him, though she didn't as he responded immediately, his eyes rolling shut as he groaned into her mouth, his arms tightening around her waist and bringing her impossibly closer before one hand left to travel up her side, cupping her breast momentarily before finding its way into her hair, wrapping it around his fist, and using it as a leash to guide Isa's head in the position he wanted it to be in.

Isa's arms wrapped around his shoulders as her tongue moved in sync with his aggressive one, mewls of need leaving her lips as she responded.

With the couch no longer an option, somehow without Isa noticing it-she was too lost in him- Adrian lowered them to the floor, Isa on her back with him settling between her legs, pressing his arousal almost desperately against her own covered core, making Isa gasp out at the feel of his erect member through the fabric of her leggings. Her mouth was open in ecstasy, because even with clothes on, that's what she felt as he ground against her, his lips sucking harshly on the top of her left breast as he did so.

Then he froze, cursing loudly.

"W-What?" Isa asked, trying to pull his head back down to hers.

Adrian shook his head, sighing as he stood up, and pulled Isa up as well, "Christian just woke up. Go get him, and I'll clean this up."

Nodding silently, Isa turned for the kitchen, but before she could take a step, Adrian pulled her back, pressing his lips against hers hard enough to bruise them, gripping her full ass in his palm before pushing her towards the kitchen so she could go through to the staircase that led up to his room. Isa stumbled a few steps before finally gaining her composure, pressing her fingers to her lips as she walked up the stairs, then to the basinet before reaching in and pulling her nephew out.

"You slept through all the craziness, cutie," Isa cooed to him as she changed his diaper, smiling when the two and a half month old grinned at her, his chocolate eyes bright and attentive as she picked him up, wrapping a blanket around him before making her way back downstairs to heat up a bottle from the supply his mother had left.

When the nephew and aunt entered the living room, Adrian was sitting in a single seater, and the one he had broken along with the couch he had destroyed as well were both out of sight, leaving two single seats, and the love seat.

Isa curled onto the love seat, sitting Christian up and leaning him back against her breasts so he could look around as Isa studied Adrian who looked completely composed.

She didn't dare ask him what was wrong.

"Do you smoke?" She finally asked, after looking out the window and seeing Leo meandering around the yard as he smoked, seemingly at peace. She couldn't figure out how.

Adrian wrinkled his nose in disgust, scowling, "Fuck no. That is one of the most disgusting habits someone can form."

"That's what I've always thought too," Isa murmured, running her fingers over her nephew's curly hair as she studied Adrian, "You look just like your mother."

"I know," He muttered, scowling at the mention of her name.

Isa decided not to bring her up again.

As they continued to sit in a tense silence, that immediately began to bear down on Isa, it took everything in her to not ask the question that had been gnawing at her, the question Leo had unknowingly planted into her mind, but couldn't refrain from asking any longer as she stared at the silent man who still looked slightly perturbed.

"I'm what calms you down?" She blurted out, frowning at herself in disappointment before looking at him expectantly.

"Yes," Adrian replied, glaring across the room at something Isa couldn't see, "It all comes with the package."

"The Tied package?" Isa pondered.

Adrian nodded.

"What else comes with it?"

He shrugged, leaning back in his chair, "The sex, the marks, the blood, the changing."

Isa frowned, knowing positively now that he was hiding something, "What are you leaving out, Adrian?"

"Nothing,"

"Don't lie!" She snapped, glaring at him, "At first it made sense, but the more I think about, the more I feel like you're hiding something from me."

Adrian scowled, his silver eyes flashing, "Then stop thinking about it. I'm not hiding anything!"

"I know you're lying!" Isa hissed, fighting the urge to scream; she didn't want to scare her nephew, "You scream how much you hate mendacity, but you've been lying to me about this since you told me."

Unlike herself, Adrian kept calm, grey eyes staring into hers with a promise that confused Isa, but also made her heart lurch, "I'll tell you one day, but I can't right now, okay? I can't." He said it like he knew he was upsetting her, like that was the one thing he didn't want, like he was in pain.

That last thought was just Isa being stupid, she told herself.

He doesn't care about how I feel if he's hiding something. Stop looking for clues where there aren't any. She scolded herself.

"Why?"

He only shrugged quietly, "I just can't Isa," and Isa decided to drop it with a quiet sigh as she sat there, shaking her head in a silent type of disappointment.

Adrian seemed to sense that irritation boiling beneath Isa's surface, and moved to sit next to her. Immediately Isa stiffened, and when he leaned over and tried to press his lips to hers, Isa leaned away with a scowl, "Stop, Adrian."

Like a child, he let out a loud breath, stood up, and stormed off to the room at the end of the hall Isa wasn't allowed in, slamming the door shut seconds later.

Isa only rolled his eyes.

He was such a brat.

Returning her attention to Christian, Isa cradled him to her chest, staring down at him with a jealous sigh.

He had it so easy. All he had to do was eat, sleep, soil his diapers, cry, and be adorable while doing all that. Isa wished her life was as simple as her dozing nephew's.

She didn't hear Leo enter the room, and jumped when he spoke up, scaring her, "Experiencing some empty womb syndrome?" he asked, plopping down on the couch next to the two, then pulling Christian from her arms, waking him up, which meant he be expecting another bottle.

Isa scowled at Leo, "No, I was just thinking about how simple his life is right now." She murmured, her sour face becoming more extreme when he rolled his eyes as if he didn't believe her, "I see why Adrian hits you so much. You're annoying," Isa murmured, wincing, "Sorry, but you really are."

"I know," He shrugged lightly, "Speaking of, where is he?"

Isa shrugged with a bitter laugh, "He stormed off into that room because I wouldn't let him kiss me."

"Why?"

She sighed, pulling her feet underneath her body, "He's lying to me about something, and now that I know that, I want to know what he's hiding. He won't tell me, and apparently thinks he can just crawl all over me when I'm mad."

Leo glanced Isa over in approval, "For such a nice person, you sure know how to not let people walk all over you."

She shrugged, "I wasn't made to be a doormat. Nice and pushover are not synonymous."

They sat in silence, Christian's tiny giggles filling the room as Isa sat, trying to figure out what he was hiding, when Isa turned to Leo. He probably knew.

"Leo?"

"Hmm?" He looked up from Christian and to Isa expectantly, his eyes focused on her.

"What's he hiding?" She asked quietly, staring at him hopefully, "You're his best friend, I know you know."

His pink lips parted in shock as he stared at the woman staring at him, waiting for some type of answer, closing his mouth, then blinking at her, "I...I can't tell you that, Isa."

She sighed, "I figured as much," She mumbled, letting out a quiet, dejected sigh.

"I'm sorry," Leo said, patting her hand, "I want him to tell you, Isa, but he won't until he's ready."

Isa only shrugged, standing up and heading for the kitchen, "I'll just start on something for lunch." She muttered, doing just that.

She was standing at the counter, dicing up some fresh vegetables when she felt arms wrap around her waist, and from the rush of heat she got the second he entered the kitchen, Isa knew it was Adrian. He turned her around, lifting her chin and trying once again to press his lips to hers. Isa turned her head, letting his lips land on her cheek as she glared off to the side, as she spoke, "I'm trying to do something, if you don't mind,"

"I do mind," He whispered, his lips still against her soft cheek, pressing his nose against her skin as his hand landed against her hip, squeezing as he spoke again, "Give me your lips, Isaline."

She let out a shaky breath, trying not to sound as weak as she felt when she responded, "No," She said firmly, wincing as she tried to focus on the task she was performing before he came near, "Adrian I'm cooking, there's a knife in my hand. Move."

"Cut me, and I'll move," He said with a smirk, sliding his hand past the elastic waist band of her leggings.

This man was crazy!

"I'm not going to cut you, Adrian." Isa sighed, pushing him in the chest with her free hand, "Please move."

He stepped away with a chuckle, watching Isa as she turned back to her task, then making her jump when he squeezed her backside before pulling away with a groan, "Isa?"

"Yes?"

He was silent for minutes after he responded, so she finally ended up forgetting he was there, humming to herself quietly.

"Do you love me?"

She whirled around, setting the knife down as she looked up at me, "What?"

"I said," Adrian repeated himself, "Do you love me?"

Isa frowned up at him in confusion, "No,"

She was falling for him, but she wasn't quite there yet, and there was no way in hell she was telling him that though.

She wasn't telling him that.

He nodded emotionlessly at her, "Okay," He murmured, glancing down at her lips longingly.

"Why?" Isa asked, leaning back against the counter.

He shrugged, "Just wondering."

"Adrian, you've already told me not to expect anything else from you except what you're willing to give. We're committed, you won't sleep with others, I'm fine. Why would I mess that up?"

"I don't know," He shrugged thoughtfully, his eyes once again flitting down to her lips before landing on hers again.

Isa gave him a lopsided grin, "Just kiss me, Adrian,"

He didn't have to be told twice. His lips swooped down, taking hers as his hands slid beneath the shirt Isa was wearing, his cold fingers ordering goose bumps wherever their skin met. Isa's lips moved against his eagerly, just as passionately, her eyes sliding shut as her own fingers walked up his chest, then wrapped her arms around his neck drawing him even closer.

"Don't love me, Isa," Adrian whispered after pulling away from her lips, slate grey eyes staring so deeply into hers that it made her uncomfortable. He pushed some of her hair out of her eyes as he stared down at her, forcing her gaze to stay locked with his, "Do you hear me?" His voice had hardened completely by then, and so had his face, once open, now angry and rigid ,a fire burning in his eyes, "Don't."

Annaleigh must have really upset him with her little joke, Isa thought as she looked up at him, leaning away from his touch that was turning a little too hard for her liking, "You're hurting me, Adrian," She murmured, sighing when he stepped away, and watching him.

He shook his head roughly, shooting another glare in Isa's direction before storming silently into the next room.

She only rolled her eyes, having no clue what was wrong with him now.

Whatever it was, she really didn't care-he'd be over it, and all over her again within the hour.

That's how it always worked.

Adrian's emotions were more all-over-the-place than Isa's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443K 14.5K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...
1.8M 54.4K 27
"How do I know you won't reject me as well?" I reply, staring at the handsome Alpha who has somehow made it past my walls. He reaches a hand towards...
564K 15.7K 31
He did not love her. It was a loveless marriage to him. In his eyes, she is just a burden who cooks food for him. And in return, he will earn money a...
10.3K 275 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...