Fake love ✔

By laix_x

[completed] Morgan Rivero is the leader of the most powerful mafia in the country. Romeo Mazzaro, also known... More

authors note
intro
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
Alternative ending
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2

XXI

4.3K 92 28
By laix_x

Chapter twenty one

•Morgan•

It's been a few days and I'm finally feeling better. The rashes have gone, as well as my cold and throat infection. Eventually, after a lot of persuading, I made Romeo go back to work as he insisted of staying home incase I'm allergic to anything else. I ensured him that I'm only allergic to penicillin, and if I start feeling ill again, I'd let him know.

It's lunch time now, and I'm sitting at the island, watching as Will makes me some food. I don't know what days he works, but when he's here, he makes me food and when he's not, I make my own. As I'm waiting, my phone starts to ring, Max's name flashing on the screen. "Hey Max", I say, walking into the living room and sitting on the couch.

"Hey Morgan, um—Megan just called me and said she's worried about Parker. She said he just started freaking out, and now he won't talk to anybody. He's sitting on the floor by his locker but she's going to try and get him to go to the nurses office before lunch ends", he informs me. "She asked me to call you because she doesn't have your number".

"Oh my god", I mumble, mostly to myself. "Thank you, Max. I'm gonna go pick him up and bring him back home. Are you with Romeo?" I grab my keys, informing Will before I leave.

"Yeah, he's in his office. Do you want me to go tell him?"

"No thanks, knowing him he will insist on picking him up because he doesn't want me to leave the house", I chuckle, pulling out of the driveway. "Alright, I'm driving now so I gotta go. Thanks again, bye", I say, hanging up.

The drive to his school isn't too far. It's sort of in between Max's house and Romeo's. I get there as quick as I can, finding a space in the parking lot. "Excuse me, where's the office?" I ask the janitor as I walk in. He points over to a door across the hall. "Thank you", I make my way over there, walking up to the desk.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The lady asks.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up Parker Jones".

"May I ask why?" She begins to write something down.

"Uh, he has a dentist appointment", I pretend to check my watch. "And it's soon so—", before I can finish, someone comes into the office.

"Morgan you're here", Megan says. "Come with me, he's in the nurses office. Thanks miss!" She pulls me out of the room, taking me down the hall to the nurses office.

"What happened?" I ask her.

"I don't know. He just, sort of, spaced out, so I waved in front of his face then he looked all freaked out and got up and left", she opens the door to the nurses office.

"Hey", I say, softly. Parker's sitting on the side of the bed, staring down at the floor. "You wanna talk about it?" He shakes his head. "Come on, let's go", he jumps off of the bed, finally looking up to meet my eyes. He looks tired, and like he's trying to hold back his tears. I reach my arms out, as if asking if he wants a hug. He walks into my arms, leaning his head on my shoulder. "Let's go", I whisper to him. He nods, wiping his eyes and walking out ahead of me.

"Hey um, is he—is he going to be okay?" Megan asks me, quietly.

"Yeah, I hope so. I'll try to talk to him when we get back", we start walking.

"Here", she scribbles something down in a page of her notebook, handing it to me. "Here's my number, you know, incase I need to call you again".

"Thanks. I'll see if he wants to take the day off tomorrow, but you can come by if you want to see him, when you're done with school", I let her know.

"Yeah okay, thanks", she chirps. "Bye", she runs off in the opposite direction, to where I assume her class is. I continue walking toward the parking lot, and I see Parker standing by my car. I unlock it, motioning for him to get in. I turn the radio on so it's not completely silent on our way home.

As we approach the house, I let the guards know it's me and proceed to park. Parker and I both get out of the car and walk up to the front door, making our way inside. "Give me a second", I say to him as I walk into the kitchen. "Hey Will, thanks for lunch. Are you going home now?"

"No problem, it's my job", he smiles. "And not yet. I own a restaurant, so I'm going to go there before I go back home", he hangs his apron up.

"Oh, I didn't know you owned a restaurant".

"Yeah", he nods. "Mr. Mazzaro actually bought it for me".

"Romeo bought you a restaurant?" I ask in disbelief.

Where did the nickname Lucifer come from then?

"Yes, he did. A couple of years ago, actually. Anyway, I should get going", he bids me a goodbye as I go up to Parker's room.

"Hey", I knock before walking in. I see him sat on the edge of his bed, his face in his hands.

"Hey", he says, almost inaudibly as he lifts his face from his hands.

"How long have you not been sleeping for?" I ask.

"What?" He says, quickly, turning to look at me.

"I can tell. I may have not been through the same shit as you, but I know what you're feeling. I've felt that before", I tell him. "How long?"

"A couple of nights", he shrugs as if it's no big deal.

"Parker, you should've told me the first night you couldn't sleep. Did you have a nightmare or—", he chuckles, slightly. "What? Why are you laughing", I begin to laugh with him.

"You sound like Romeo".

"Oh god", I groan. "I'm sorry. I just don't want you to go through the same thing I did, you know?" He nods. "At least I got you to smile", I nudge him. "Hate to spoil the mood, but you're gonna have to tell me what happened", and so he does. He tells me that he's started getting nightmares about his uncle, and today, he zoned out and thought he saw him, so he freaked out.

"I don't know why they just started though. If anything, shouldn't I have had nightmares when he was actually hurting me, not after?" He questions.

"Those questions can all be answered when we go to see Dr. Jen", I stand up. "Now, are you going to join me in playing Mario Kart, or are you going to make me play alone?"

"Alright", he drawls as he stands up, following me downstairs.

✯✯✯✯

Parker and I played a bunch of video games for hours until we felt hungry, so I decided to make some food. "It smells really good. What are you making?" Parker asks as he walks into the kitchen.

"Arroz con pollo", I tell him.

"Huh?"

"Literal translation, rice with chicken. My dad taught me to make it back in Spain one time".

"Cool", he nods. "I'm going to go watch TV", he leaves the room.

Not too long after, Romeo comes back. "I thought Will wasn't working today", I hear him mumble as he hangs his suit jacket up. He then walks into the kitchen, stopping in his tracks when he sees me cooking, raising an eyebrow at me. "What are you doing?" He walks over to stand beside me.

"I'm cooking, what does it look like?" I ask, rhetorically; he puts his hands up in defence, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"It smells good", he mutters.

"Thanks".

"I'm gonna go take a shower", he kisses my cheek before scurrying out of the room.

"Ow!" I squeal as I burn my hand on the pan. Immediately, I turn on the cold tap, holding my hand underneath it for a while.

"You alright?" Parker walks into the room

"Yep, I'm fine I just burnt my hand", I turn the tap off.

"I think your burning the food now", he looks into the pan.

"Shit", I grab the spoon, mixing it around. "Nope, it's fine, we're good", I say. "Can you grab me three bowls, please", he nods, grabbing three bowls and placing them on the island. "Thanks", I begin pouring food into each bowl, then grabbing cutlery and glasses. "Do you want the day off school tomorrow?"

"No, it's cool. It's Friday anyway, it's just one day", he shrugs

"Okay", I pause. "And if you can't sleep tonight, make sure you tell me, alright?" He nods. "Cool. Help me take these to the table please", I gesture to the three bowls and glasses on the island.

As we finish putting everything on the dining table, Romeo comes down the stairs in a jersey and black sweatpants. "Thank you, this looks so good", he says, taking his seat at the head of the table. "You need to teach me how to make this", he says after one bite.

"Sure", I chuckle.

✯✯✯✯

"Night", I say to Parker as I leave his room. We layed in his bed for a while, talking about random things to get his mind off of everything and to help him fall asleep.

As I'm walking across the hall to the stairs, I pass Romeo's room, seeing his light on, so of course, I walk in. He's laying on his back with his arm over his eyes. "Hey", he says.

"How did you know I came in?" I ask, confused, sitting opposite him on his bed.

He shrugs, "I'm psychic", he says, seriously.

"Yeah, sure", I chuckle. "Wanna watch a movie with me?"

"I'd prefer if you layed here with me", he takes his arm off his face.

"You're so boring", I tease, getting up to turn the lights off, turning the bedside lamp on in the process so it's not completely dark. "How was your day?" I crawl over, laying beside him on my stomach.

"Not so good, but it got better when I came home to you cooking", he smiles lazily at me. "How was yours?"

"It was good. Max called me saying that Meg called him about Parker, so I went to pick him up early. We talked about it though and it's all good now, I hope", I smile. "And don't go off on one because I went out, I was fine", I add.

"Okay", he drawls. "I've been a bit overprotective haven't I?" I nod.

"Little bit", I hold my thumb and index finger a little away from each other.

"Sorry, I just don't want you to get sick or hurt", he mumbles.

"No, I get it. Like, today, Parker told me I was acting like you because I just wanted to make sure he was okay, but I guess I came off a bit strong", I chuckle, slightly.

We drift into a comfortable silence, so I turn over to lay on my back. I feel something touch my hand which I guess is Romeo's hand; he entwines our fingers, still not saying a word.

"Come with me", he says a small while later, pulling me up from the bed, still holding onto my hand. He takes me to the balcony, looking into a telescope before pulling me to where he was standing, motioning for me to look into it. "If you look closely, you can see Saturn; you can usually see Venus without the telescope. Or if you turn it here", he moves the telescope slightly. "You can see Mars. If you look carefully, every ten to fifteen minutes there's a 20% chance of seeing a shooting star, which is very lucky so, of course, you'd make a wish".

I know exactly what I'd wish for.

"The sky is so pretty", I look away from the telescope and up to the sky, moving over to the edge of the balcony.

"Mhm", I hear as I feel two arms snake around my waist and a soft kiss on my neck.

Do it.

Steadily, I turn in his arms, looking into his gunmetal blue eyes, grey almost. My eyes flicker down to his lips as I wrap my arms around his neck, slowly leaning in to place my lips on his. He doesn't respond, so I pull away quickly, feeling embarrassed. As I'm about to pull my arms away, he pushes them back, reattaching my lips to his. I feel his tongue against my bottom lip so I let it in, pulling his body closer to mine.

My hands find his hair, causing him to groan into my mouth. Eventually, we have pull away for air, using it as an opportunity to stare into each other's eyes. "Go get changed", he leans his head on my shoulder. "I want you to sleep next to me", I attempt to go to my room to change, but Romeo still has his arms around me.

"Let go then", I chuckle as I feel him shake his head on my shoulder. I lift his head off of my shoulder, placing a soft kiss on his lips as I slip out of his room and into my own, changing into my pyjamas.

AH. I've never written a kiss scene before. tell me how I did hehe :)
(I'm sorry if it's crap)

anyway, longest chapter so far, over 2,200 words. wow

okay bye :P

updated authors note:
hehe i remember writing this :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

747K 11.9K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ •• "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
578K 9.9K 75
"Apologize, amore." he said with a deadly tone of voice. "If I don't apologize, then what?" I replied with grin on my face. He wrapped his arms aroun...
3.9M 61.6K 32
Dante Romano, the most powerful Italian mafia leader is forced to pick a bride by his cruel father in a week. When a man betrays his trust and steals...
11.9M 343K 76
** Currently in the progress of being rewritten :)** - Angel Romano was known for his ruthless ways. They said he was a supposed duplicate of his fat...