Love & Death [Femdom 18+]

By AlexaLaMenthe

WARNING: This is for adults only! You'll have to follow me to read some of the chapters! Geneva is a Cupid... More

1. Love is Blind
2. Merciful Death
3. Reap What You Sow
4. Kiss of Death
6. What We Do For Love
7. Death, Bar None
8. Chastity is a Virtue
9. Befriend the Lonely
10. The Hand of Death
11. Goddess of Love and Baklava
12. Losing Yourself
13. Depression: A Cupid's Guide
14. You are a Treasure
15. A Heart to Heart (Part I)
16. A Heart to Heart (Part II)
17. Returning to the Basics
18. 1967: Summer of Love
19. Death: The Pale Rider
20. Love Drunk
21. Kinky Love
22. When Death Obeys
23: A Deal with the Devil
24: Lava
Epilogue: I Love You
Excerpt from Time of Death

5. The Hand You're Dealt

12.2K 542 101
By AlexaLaMenthe

         "You don't have to sit here with me like this," Lizzy said as she eyed Geneva.

        "Of course I do!" Geneva replied even though her ass was killing her. 

        Lizzy's face was still puffy, but with her eyes opened, the jade green brilliance as sharp and intelligent as they'd ever been, the woman looked more alive than hours before. Before, when Adrian was inches away from touching the unconscious blonde.

        After Lizzy woke up that first time, Geneva had been so excited. She wanted to share her excitement and triumph with Adrian. But he'd vanished again, right before her eyes. A cool trick that she was admittedly envious of. It was all for the best. She didn't know if she could keep her hands off of him if he stuck around. 

        "Seriously. Go home. You've been here for hours," Lizzy said. Her voice was much stronger now and that bossy vibe tainted her words. 

        She was right, Geneva had been here for hours. She'd stood watch when the blonde went back to sleep and had hung around when Lizzy woke again much later in the evening, looking and feeling better with each passing hour. 

        "Did you want me to call your brother now?" Geneva asked her friend hesitantly. 

        Lizzy rarely talked about her family, and spoke very briefly of the painful rift between herself and her younger sibling. He lived in the same city with his long time girlfriend and Lizzy hadn't spoken to him since his birthday last fall. 

        "No, I'm fine now," Lizzy said in a tone that broached no argument. Geneva could take a hint. Besides, she was not so great with familial love herself. 

        She'd only very recently been appointed as Cupid which meant that she had a very strange relationship with her adopted mother and boss, Aphrodite. Nope. Family was not her forte. 

        "Okay then. Did you want to talk about the accident? While you were out again, a detective came by. She was only here for a few minutes with her partner but they did want to see you and ask some questions," Geneva said. 

        "I really don't remember anything. Just bright lights," Lizzy described. Her voice was thick with emotion and Geneva could see that there were tears at the corners of her swollen eyes. 

        Geneva felt the responding clench of her throat. She empathized with others easily but because Lizzy had become a good friend in these last eight months, Geneva felt an attachment to her that was practically sisterly.

        "Hey, it's okay. Just rest. When you're feeling up to it, I'll call the detectives," Geneva said.

        They sat in companionable silence for a time. Lizzy slipped in and out of unconsciousness because the pain medication made her groggy. Four times, someone came in to check on Lizzy's vitals, a different person every time. Geneva asked them to bring her something, too worried about leaving Lizzy alone, but they must have been too busy because she sat there, starved. 

        "Who were you making out with?" Lizzy murmured softly. 

        Geneva jerked, startled by Lizzy's voice breaking the stretch of silence.

        "Hm?" Geneva stared at her friend, trying to discern from her bruised face any hint of a joke. 

        "When I came to, I saw you tonguing some guy dressed like a twentieth century goth nobleman," Lizzy claimed. There was amusement in her voice even though her lips arched into a frown.

        "I..." Was all Geneva could manage.

        "Don't lie to me, Genny, you're horrible at it. Now tell me. Who'd you make out with? You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend," Lizzy pressed.

        "I don't," Geneva replied. How could she explain to her friend that the man she'd thoroughly kissed was Death?

        In the frequent silences during Lizzy's naps, Geneva had ample time to replay the scene in her mind. She was certain that she'd kissed him only to distract him from taking Lizzy's soul. But then she kept kissing him. And he'd kissed her back like a thirsty man in a barren desert. She'd never been kissed quite so hungrily. 

        "And why was he in costume? Is there a convention in town-- Oh shit! I need to call my Mr. Saunders. I was suppose to pick up his dog from the groomers yesterday!" Lizzy struggled in bed. She'd clearly forgotten that her leg was in a cast and her body was hooked up to two machines. "Poor Bilbo!"

        "Stop, you're going to injure yourself!" Geneva exclaimed. The Cupid stood over her friend, her hands splayed out and pressing at other woman's shoulders to keep her down. "I'll call him. Don't even try to get up. I mean it. I swear to God, I will tie you to this damn bed."

        "You can barely tie your own shoes, much less a knot to hold me down!" Lizzy responded with an amused laugh but stopped struggling. 

        "Ooh, the dominatrix comes out to play," Geneva teased and moved to a closeted space that held all the things that Lizzy had with her when she'd been hit by a car. Her purse looked horrible. The leather was scrapped and the strap was hanging on by a thread. "I'll tell him what's going on, just rest," Geneva called back, taking the call outside to keep from disturbing Lizzy.

        Geneva felt awkward talking on cellphones in general. But actually speaking to Lizzy's boss, Mr. Saunders, took the prize in terms of awkwardness. He didn't believe Geneva, drawling skeptically like an ass. He'd asked stupid questions like when and where it had happened and if his dog, Bilbo, was picked up from the salon yet. Geneva had to bite her tongue to keep herself from blurting out that she didn't give a damn. But he was Lizzy's boss and Lizzy needed this job.

        When the Cupid returned, she heard her friend's teasing voice and stopped dead in her tracks.

        "Stay away from her!" Geneva was getting tired of saying it, but this man wouldn't take a hint. The stubborn bastard. 

        "She can see me," Death said wonderingly and gestured at Lizzy. 

        "Of course I can see you," Lizzy replied flatly and, God bless her, she arched her puffy brow.

        "Can I speak with you, please? Privately," Geneva demanded through a grimace that was supposed to be a comforting smile. 

        Death took a moment to think. She didn't like the way he was looking at Lizzy, as if he were considering ending it where he stood. He was much closer to Lizzy than Geneva was. But after some time to contemplate his options, he nodded and followed Geneva out the door.

        "Let's make a deal. Your kind likes deals, right?" Geneva asked when they were in the hall.

        "I'm not a demon," he replied coolly as if insulted by the notion.

        "Oh," Geneva murmured. Her face fell but perks up again quickly. "Let's make a deal anyway!" 

        Death didn't seem as enthusiastic about the prospect of negotiating with her but she didn't let his pessimism trip her up. When he didn't prompt her to continue, Geneva continued regardless.

        "You let Lizzy live. Let her have a chance of falling in love. And then..." She let her words fade and glanced away.

        "You'll let me take her soul?" Death supplied. "Isn't that a bit harsh? Have her fall in love and then yank her from the Earthly realm?"

        "So you do have a heart!" Geneva exclaimed and smiled widely at him.

        "I most certainly do. And you, Cupid, seem to lack one. You'd let your friend fall in love, only to die soon after?" he asked.

        "Well, that's the deal I'm offering," Geneva said stubbornly. "We can have our cake and eat it too," she added. It was a harsh deal and Geneva hated having to stoop this low. But she didn't want anything bad to happen to Lizzy.

        "All right. It's a deal," Death said. He looked rather bored on the outside but Geneva could see a twinkle of something in his eyes. Despite being Death, his face seemed alive in that moment.

        "Since we can't shake on it..." Geneva looked at her hand and then at his before reaching for his double breasted evening coat. She grabbed a handful of that fabric, along with his silk cravat, and pulled him down to her mouth to seal their deal with a searing kiss. 

        Gorgeous men were always a weakness for her. But Geneva thought that, after her incident with her last boyfriend, she'd grown up a bit. Well, clearly not. In these moments, she was still that horny teenager who read romance novels and kissed boys behind the bleachers. 

        She was disappointed when the Reaper tore his lips from her. She heard him pant and watched as he stumbled backward until he hit the opposite wall. He looked angry at her and Geneva realized she'd done it again. Touched him without asking. Kissed him without permission. This time, there was no reason behind the kiss. The man clearly was very sensitive to touch and she'd taken advantage of it. 

        "Sorry. I won't do it again. Just got caught up in the moment," Geneva offered sincerely. 

        He didn't say anything for a time but managed to straighten himself and comb his hand through his antique gold hair. His cheeks were flushed but the pink hue mellowed by the time he cleared his throat.

        "I'll be vigilant. The instant she falls in love, I will know it. And I will take her soul," he said. His voice was low and stern, almost final. He didn't give her time to reply. Instead, he poofed into smoke and was gone.

        "Then I guess she won't fall in love..." Geneva whispered to herself before returning to Lizzy's room.

_____________________________________________

Author's Note: 

Dedicated to StephanieWilliams052, my latest follower. Thank you!

I updated! Woot! The story is moving along! What's going to happen to Lizzy? Also, what kind of dog do you think Bilbo is? I already have a breed in mind but I'ld love some guesses! 

One more thing! If you like Rated R stories, or write them, please check out my Book Club. The Carnal Knowledge Book Club. You can join as a Read-Only member or a contributor. Check it out!

Hugs and kisses and see you next Wednesday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 511 17
"What will happen when an innocent girl wants to win the heart of a ruthlessly and heartless person. Despite knowing that she can lose her everything...
325K 8.4K 76
Bucky x OC Storyline: hate to love Angst, angst, and more angst. I love drama. Fluffy moments because Bucky is a sweetheart and deserves the worl...
1K 75 10
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ Callin got on top of Blake, using his legs to...
245K 13.4K 76
COMPLETED✔ "Her skin was the shade of dark chocolate and not the cheap shit, the expensive kind. The kind that your tongue slowly massages as your ta...